Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,299 members, 7,887,889 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:50 PM

Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation (114791 Views)

Adams Unaji Is Dead (Occupy Nigeria Activist) / Another Occupy Nigeria Protester Killed In Gasau, Zamfara? / Occupy Nigeria Protests: Locations And Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by OmoTier1(m): 11:09am On Jan 08, 2012
DaLover:

Like I said, common sence isnt common, your inability to express your point view speaks volumes, national security ko national security ni, just stay over there in england where they have adequate systems to cater for your inability to reason properly, clearly you are amongst the clowns leading the occupy nigeria show of shame,
It is obvious that your stand on the issue is not driven by the FACTUAL details rather by ethnic sentiment. In my previous post, I asked you to explain to us what difference between deregulation and Price increase in a capitalist economny, but I am yet to read your 'common sense' explanation!
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by PointB: 11:15am On Jan 08, 2012
^^He explained in clearly, if you have an alternative explanations why don't you offer it rather than hiding behind the overflogged ethnic bias accusation.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by chasee: 11:24am On Jan 08, 2012
WHILE NLC AND TUC SET TO GO ON STRIKE 2MORROW, SOME COMPANIES IN LAGOS( FRIESLAND CAMPINA WAMCO NIGERIA PLC IN OGBA, GUINESS NIG PLCC) ARE PLANNING 2 GO ON WITH THERE NORMAL WORK FORCING THIER STAFF TO RESUME DUTY. DOES IT MEAN THAT NLC AND TUC DO NOT HAVE AUTHORITY OVER THESE COMPANIES? IF NOT I URGE OCCUPY NIGERIA, LETS OCCUPY THESE COMPANY TOMMORROW AS WE CONTINUE THE PROTEST. NO TO SUBSIDY REMOVAL, JONAH MUST GO, NGOZI SHOULD LEAVE,
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DaLover(m): 1:36pm On Jan 08, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

It is obvious that your stand on the issue is not driven by the FACTUAL details rather by ethnic sentiment. In my previous post, I asked you to explain to us what difference between deregulation and Price increase in a capitalist economny, but I am yet to read your 'common sense' explanation!

one of the learnings i can boast of getting from this deregulation issue is that intelligent opposition brings out intelligent governance, if by now you are not ashamed of attempting to drive protest with mob crowd mentality based on immidiate needs, then all i can offer you and the unfortunate ones cowed by you a profound appology, there is no redemtion for you.

PointB:

^^He explained in clearly, if you have an alternative explanations why don't you offer it rather than hiding behind the overflogged ethnic bias accusation.
he doesnt have anything to say, he is just interested in getting rid of GEJ, by hook or crook, commical or serious, though mostly comical based on what i have seen so far
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DaLover(m): 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2012
chasee:

WHILE NLC AND TUC SET TO GO ON STRIKE 2MORROW, SOME COMPANIES IN LAGOS( FRIESLAND CAMPINA WAMCO NIGERIA PLC IN OGBA, GUINESS NIG PLCC) ARE PLANNING 2 GO ON WITH THERE NORMAL WORK FORCING THIER STAFF TO RESUME DUTY. DOES IT MEAN THAT NLC AND TUC DO NOT HAVE AUTHORITY OVER THESE COMPANIES? IF NOT I URGE OCCUPY NIGERIA, LETS OCCUPY THESE COMPANY TOMMORROW AS WE CONTINUE THE PROTEST. NO TO SUBSIDY REMOVAL, JONAH MUST GO, NGOZI SHOULD LEAVE,

Omo tier1, boko haramite et el, see one of your folllowers here, see arab/9ja spring happening here on NL, lets bring them down, if you ask this one what happens next after they go?, he will looking blank like partially cooked goat testicles,
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DaLover(m): 1:47pm On Jan 08, 2012
alj harem:

Dude you are the one showing no commone sense here NOT the poster you quoted

Maybe you can do yourself a favour by growing some brains and increase your thinking capacity. then you would be mature enough to engage in an intelligent discussion.

I wonder why omo tire is still quoting you

Thank you

while quoting me, you are wondering y someone else is quoting me, lolz
this is a new level of dullness,
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DaLover(m): 1:59pm On Jan 08, 2012
some people forget that forums like this may serve as debating avenues where positions and shared and justified with logical reasoning, someone seekimg to better understand this issue of oil subsidy and deregulation enters this the hot topic of the moment would quickly loose interest, a number of post here have adopted the follow the crowd mentality approach, there is corruption, govt is eating money so we must get fuel cheaply, The leading clowns amongst them are quite aware that point for point they cannot back ther positions with solid arguements, hence the reason for the comical matter they have adopted to handle the issue
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by sugardaddy1(m): 2:08pm On Jan 08, 2012
^^^How are you doing Beaf?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem(m): 2:14pm On Jan 08, 2012
DaLover:

while quoting me, you are wondering y someone else is quoting me, lolz
this is a new level of dullness,

"In the times of Great debate, every onlooker is either a coward or a traitor" - Frantz Fanon

that quote goes for you, pointB, Bliss4lyfe and all other bigots here
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DaLover(m): 2:58pm On Jan 08, 2012
$ugardaddy:

^^^How are you doing Beaf?

And how are you doing alj harem?
Since sence no dey your head
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by PastorKun(m): 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2012
The insignificant and insincere 'cuts' in expenditure as announced by GEJ yesterday does not even begin to scratch the surface of the problem yet some people are applauding for 'taking a step in the right direction'. Any step short of withdrawing the 2012 appropriation bill currently before the NASS and replacing it with one in which recurrent expenditures has been slashed to not more than 30% of budget as opposed to the current 70% and capital expenditure increased in the same proportion while also capturing the savings to be made from subsidy removal as an addition to the capital vote, would be totally unacceptable to Nigerians. This should not be a fight to retain an abusive and cancerous subsidy but rather a fight for good governance, prudent management of resources and accountability from our leaders so that we can all be collectively better off as a nation.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by DaLover(m): 3:09pm On Jan 08, 2012
Pastor Kun:

The insignificant and insincere 'cuts' in expenditure as announced by GEJ yesterday does not even begin to scratch the surface of the problem yet some people are applauding for 'taking a step in the right direction'. Any step short of withdrawing the 2012 appropriation bill currently before the NASS and replacing it with one in which recurrent expenditures has been slashed to not more than 30% of budget as opposed to the current 70% and capital expenditure increased in the same proportion while also capturing the savings to be made from subsidy removal as an addition to the capital vote, would be totally unacceptable to Nigerians. This should not be a fight to retain an abusive and cancerous subsidy but rather a fight for good governance, prudent management of resources and accountability from our leaders so that we can all be collectively better off as a nation.

simple and stright to the point, labour and opposition have the moral high ground now, this is what i expect them to press for, instead people are pushing to get their marketer friends continue the cash milking,
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by studyineu: 3:46pm On Jan 08, 2012
Nonsense. No going back on subsidy. I think is time we allow the government rest from protest disturbance. If we are to protest let's protest against boko haram. Is the north that are putting fire in dis protest since boko haram was bombing Nigeria there has not been any protest now GEJ wants to start his transformation agenda and all de do is sponsor the protest all in eagerness to see if the can remove GEJ from sit. For people in abia state there is nothing like protest. GEj has our support
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by gamerwalt: 4:09pm On Jan 08, 2012
studyineu:

Nonsense. No going back on subsidy. I think is time we allow the government rest from protest disturbance. If we are to protest let's protest against boko haram. Is the north that are putting fire in dis protest since boko haram was bombing Nigeria there has not been any protest now GEJ wants to start his transformation agenda and all de do is sponsor the protest all in eagerness to see if the can remove GEJ from sit. For people in abia state there is nothing like protest. GEj has our support

What? I can't imagine a Nigerian is saying this. Are you a Nigerian?
How do you know if the subsidy even exists?
There is no transparency with this figure head!
Former president Obasanjo paid off our 30 billion dollar foreign debt. He left 80 billion dollars in foreign reserves, now its 33 billion dollars. What did the figure head do WITH IT?

How did they spend it? Remember Shagari and Idiagbon always came online (TV) to inform us how much was made and how much was spent every month. What did the figure head do? 

When the Obasanjo administration left power in 2007, 23 billion dollars was left in the Excess Crude Account after he built it up from nothing in 1999. Today, the account is empty because the money has been squandered and the account scrapped.[citation needed]

In the 2012 budget, President Jonathan allocated 1 billion Naira for his feeding and several other wasteful statehouse expenditure running into several million dollars. For instance, money allocated for feeding the presidential family was a reported 300 million naira.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by agabaI23(m): 4:18pm On Jan 08, 2012
80 billion dollars?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by trustbreed: 6:21pm On Jan 08, 2012
THE ONLY WAY TO MOVE THIS COUNTRY FORWARD IS TO CONQUER CORRUPTION. LET'S CONQUER ALL NIGERIA'S CORRUPT LEADERS, HEAD OF STATES PAST AND PRESENT AND THE WHOLE LOT OF THEM. LET'S PUBLISH THEIR NAMES AND PHONE NUMBERS SO WE CAN TELL THEM HOW MUCH IT HURTS.

DURING THE ERA OF JERRY RAWLINGS IN GHANA, THE WHOLE LOT OF POLITICAL HEADS WERE ELIMINATED AND TODAY WE CAN ALL SEE THE BENEFIT IT HAS DONE FOR THE COUNTRY.

LETS START NOW BECAUSE OUR FUTURE LIES IN OUR HANDS.[/font][/color]
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by otokx(m): 8:33pm On Jan 08, 2012
the mother of all strikes
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem(m): 9:49pm On Jan 08, 2012
It seems after all the talk, shouting, teaching, lecture, protest, educating, directing, etc people are doing, some people still don't know why people are angry

1. Yes the system/ government is corrupt. In fact the country is teeming in corruption

2. Yes subsidy has to go and everyone supports the FG for that

3. Before the removal of subsidy, build our refinery so we would not have this same issue in the future. If we have our refineries working, we would not be paying subsidy to anyone and we can control the prices of our crude oil as a Nation.

4. Before removal of subsidy , CUT THE COST OF GOVERANCE not just by 25% because the bulk of the money made in government is not through salaries but be over PRICED projects. An average senator in Nigeria collects more than Obama the american president.

5. Now remove subsidy.

Other things people are protesting for because it was a build up of anger since 1970 and this was the opportunity for a revolution are

1. protest against corruption and the arrest of these people

2. protest against boko haram and killing of Christians/igbos

3. protest against the NEGLIGENT of the Niger-delta

4. Building of the Niger Bridge. Must the bridge collapse before we maintain and build the next ? Since we can save lives, why not do it now.

Now what is the point of thinking ahead when there is still corruption and non-accountability in the government ?

What is the point of thinking ahead when the next administration would tell us about removal of subsidy again ?

IS THINKING AHEAD NOT BUILDING OF REFINERIES ?

Is thinking ahead not protesting against corruption ?

In Nigeria today, we have No light, No security, No shelter, No good roads, No good water, No refinery even though we are oil producing, Total neglect of infrastructure, Total neglect of the Niger-delta, Total neglect of the Niger bridge, Total neglect of people dying in the North, Lack of accountability, Lack of credibility, Lack of industrial growth apart from Oil which the entire country is dependant on, Lack of economic growth apart from the telecommunication sector by OBJ.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also what to use this medium to address people thinking it is an ethnic thing.

I have heard various people saying the protest is against "GEJ" "minority" and other sentimental words to describe the protest.

I would like to educate the people about the politics behind what is happening according to my understanding and I would really appreciate if I can also learn more from other posters home and abroad.

In 2010, Sanusi made speech to the House of reps (HOR) that they were thieves and they are the ones sucking Nigeria dry due to the huge sum of money paid to them monthly. The HOR shut him down and called him all sort of names.

In 2011, Sanusi during the channels debate said 1.6 trillion naira is paid to this people out of 1.8 trillion naira thus 200 billion Naira is left for development of the country.

This people are the senator, governors, HOR, HOA, chairmen and the business men that were labelled as oil benefit thieves.

Now people Imagine 200 billion left for 150 million people in 36 states out of total of 1.8 trillion Naira. Yes I am sure people would agree with me that subsidy has to go !!!!

All am doing here is to make people political aware of the situation right now and lets not forget the Iweala and the IMF factor.

Now people are NOT and I repeat NOT angry at the removal of the subsidy I mean at such rate the paying of subsidy is not sustainable. It has to go at one point or the other, either through GEJ or the next administration. Yes I respect GEJ and Sanusi for thinking ahead of time. That is very commendable but the Issues that cause the subsidy corruption are not yet addressed.

In the future the issue would come up again so what is the point ?.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 8:12am On Jan 09, 2012
Ogbomosho
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by otokx(m): 8:39am On Jan 09, 2012
subsidy is the biggest scam of GEJ
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 9:29am On Jan 09, 2012
Kaduna
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 9:31am On Jan 09, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by mukina2: 9:33am On Jan 09, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 09, 2012
Sagamu is burning
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem(m): 9:51am On Jan 09, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by ruemu(m): 9:52am On Jan 09, 2012
Strike for fuel is good, But d real fight should be against corruption, How should we go about it?
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem(m): 9:53am On Jan 09, 2012
ruemu:

Strike for fuel is good, But d real fight should be against corruption, How should we go about it?

it is about corruption
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 09, 2012
alj harem:

ibadan

[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg737/scaled.php?tn=0&server=737&filename=sa5eo.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]
Those are burning tires not Sagamu burning my friend.
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem(m): 9:53am On Jan 09, 2012
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by aljharem(m): 9:54am On Jan 09, 2012
LeoMax:

Those are burning tires not Sagamu burning my friend.

who spoke of sagamu it seems u are deluded
Re: Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 09, 2012
People are already confused on what the strike is abt, lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (34) (Reply)

President Buhari's 'Louboutin' Shoes Got People Talking (Photos) / 28+ Funny Photos Of Jonathan Vs Buhari Presidential Battle / 10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria-opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.