Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,096 members, 7,880,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:03 PM

National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live (26837 Views)

Buhari Summons Emergency FEC Meeting On Monday / South East Leaders & Stakeholders' Meeting: Live Update (pics) / Sanusi - 'Tired Of National Assembly Summons ' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by otokx(m): 4:28pm On Jan 08, 2012
Henry Dickson is representing well and is the best of those for subsidy removal but he has just goofed by mentioning National Industrial Court injunction against NLC. He has totally lost it with the mention of 200 billion.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 08, 2012
these guys are mohafukas, see the state of nation and they playing like tots! dam.nnn!, wheres biko ramam lol
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Remii(m): 4:29pm On Jan 08, 2012
How can Seriaki Dickson be talking about respecting court injunction when he was elected at a primary even when a court order disallowed it.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by codedguy1(m): 4:29pm On Jan 08, 2012
This is a disgrace.

Dont they see how the british parliament conduct themselves.

This is a good reason to occupyNigeria
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 08, 2012
See them laughing. I can't even see what's funny  cry. I feel for those people that have lost thier lives and those that would still die in this ugly process. Stupid president wants to remove fuel subsidy without providing any of the basic need.

God should just help my country, sad
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by maclatunji: 4:30pm On Jan 08, 2012
Aunty Mulikat Akande-Adeola, are you sure you want people to beat you to stupor? Speaking like a compromised individual.

Hon. Dickson, wannabe Bayelsa Governor is against Prayer 1. Like GEJ supports deregulation says his people have no inch of Federal road and pay N300 with subsidy. Says deregulation is necessary to avoid calamity. He says late Yar'adua would have implemented subsidy removal had the Petroleum Industry Bill been passed by the National Assembly. He says GEJ has had the courage to do what no other leader in this country has managed to do. He mentions National Industrial Court's purported injunction against tomorrow's strike. Get's the house into rowdy mode. He says we are subsidizing corruption in Nigeria.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by nadkaf: 4:31pm On Jan 08, 2012
Mr PhD economics is speaking grammar!!!!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by nadkaf: 4:32pm On Jan 08, 2012
To his credit, he is giving them lessons in ECO 101!!!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by ochukoccna: 4:33pm On Jan 08, 2012
Since the country is broke,let GEJ explain how the excess crude oil acct was depleted,savings halved from $60 to under $30 billion with no visible change in the index of development?
How can an unaccountable government now judiciously utilize the savings?
How did subsidy jump from 300 billion to over 1 trillion?
Was there really a subsidy in the 1st place?
A president who speaks on TV about stopping unnecessary travels yet junkets out the next day 4 a jamboree celebration is what?
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by nku5: 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2012
otokx:

Henry Dickson is representing well and is the best of those for subsidy removal but he has just goofed by mentioning National Industrial Court injunction against NLC. He has totally lost it with the mention of 200 billion.

Wetin concern deliberations over suspending the removal of subsidy with NLC demonstrations. The guy na bush man.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by alienvirus: 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2012
This is the time we need boko haram most. Where are they in this house na?
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by rhymz(m): 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2012
This ijaw guy just fall in hand, he has no finesse and sensitivity saying that the members are more concerned with the people's hardship instead of supporting GEJ that has been "bold enough" to mete out this wickedness to us. I understand the need for the niger-deltans to be in control of their resources but there is too much emotions from the niger-deltans as against the main issue. They talk like everyone is just about their oil and should hand off. .that to me is not the main point now, when we get to that bridge we go cross am. I like the new consciousness of the igbo r people they have been quite clever in the way they lay their support whether for or against.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 08, 2012
coded guy:

This is a disgrace.

Dont they see how the british parliament conduct themselves.

This is a good reason to occupyNigeria

The House is a total disgrace and arguments have been based largely on emotions without x-raying the economic benefits or otherwise of their position.
The day the British Parliament behaves like this, then civilization would have come to an end.

Remii:

How can Seriaki Dickson be talking about respecting court injunction when he was elected at a primary even when a court order disallowed it.

He appeared to be smarter than GEJ the way he spoke on the issue.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2012
Quote from: ekwah on Today at 09:12:33 PM
at muskeeto
"Their salaries is not the issue, make dem chop, their time go come,

The one wey concern masses na susidy,  wetin concern us if dem dey pay dem 2m if we fit till buy fuel 60naira, "

ah their salary na issue big time!  settle down my bro and do the economics behind subsidy removal. please do not blind your judgement with sentiments o, just settle down and consider the consequences of subsidy, and its removal on the future of Nigeria's fragile economy. Those so-called senators' salaries and allowances should be slashed! haba! how dem go dey earn dat kind ridiculous amounts when people the suffer  abeg for me, their salary and expenditures is a bigger issue o.

Thank you for seeing the big picture.

Quote from: rhymz on Today at 09:13:52 PM
This yakubu guy from Kaduna is an insincere pretender, why is he not talking about their salaries.

He will have to be a Boko Haramite on suicide mission to do that!

I'm not in favour of Subsidy. I'm against it. You can check my profile. All I am saying is this: what affects the masses currently is how much they can spend, not how much someone else is earning. I understand that the cost of running government is high. It has always been high. The masses (in general) weren't bothered. I'm not referring to those of us privileged to have an online presence.
Nigerians have forgotten about tribalism and religion for once because the government has now put their hand directly into their pockets, something they feel when they go home to turn on their generatos and when they wake to go to work. If the reps salaries are reduced and subsidy is not removed, people will still be angry.

That's my point.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by otokx(m): 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2012
is it phd in english or economics? there is a problem with the quality of phd produced in nigeria. What a disgrace? Did i hear the word hardships from his mouth. Lord have mercy
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by yampoo(m): 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2012
who ndidi wan support
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by zebudaya(m): 4:37pm On Jan 08, 2012
yampoo:

This thief Ndidi Elumelu Wey steal money frm power probe,am no surprise that he is a pro remove subsidy.

At least he is saying the truth now. I like how he keeps saying. "I am a man of God". lol.

Modification: Okay. I take that back. He is pro subsidy removal

Yikes, na thieves we get in there ooooo
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by otokx(m): 4:38pm On Jan 08, 2012
Shey you see where the problem in delta state lies? Even delta igbo
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by olapluto(m): 4:38pm On Jan 08, 2012
CABAL- the new magic word in Nigeria.
In the past, words such as Interim, Vision 2020, Zoning have puzzled the ordinary man.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by nadkaf: 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2012
Elumelu seems to be speaking sense. But is it true that he has a bad history? Any proof of this?
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by otokx(m): 4:40pm On Jan 08, 2012
Ndidi Elumelu is so so confused
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Biggoozz: 4:42pm On Jan 08, 2012
Did you guys hear that? "PEOPLE PRESENT PAPERS AND COLLECT SUBSIDY MONEY FOE PETROL THEY NEVER IMPORTED!!!!!!" God help them if they are exposed so we have them lynched! OMG!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by maclatunji: 4:42pm On Jan 08, 2012
Hon. Sekonte Davies with a Phd. in Economics from God-knows-where states that Nigeria does not have comparative advantage in oil production. We should remove subsidy to prevent people from spending billions of dollars on their birthdays because they are oil importers.

Hon. Elumelu says he is a 'Man of God' speaking on a Sunday, he claims he must tell the truth. All of his domestic staff cannot get back to Abuja because they have no money to return because fuel prices have risen. He spent N21,000 to fill his car tank which used to be N6,000 before.

He says refineries are now at 60% capacity thanks to GEJ's administration. His pandering has irritated the Speaker- he wants Elumelu to speak against the motion. He goes on to blame some people whom he claims are receiving subsidy without importing fuel and goes on to rant about lack of infrastructure!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by victorazy(m): 4:43pm On Jan 08, 2012
@otokx
How did u know he's confused? U can say he may not been sincere but not confused cuz am convinced.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by ceejayluv(m): 4:44pm On Jan 08, 2012
As long as they have not talked about slashing their obscene salaries and allowances, they are not yet serious on the debate, The economy is at stake here and nobody is giving alternatives to curtail the budget deficit and sundry economic woes- SLASH YOUR ENTITLEMENTS BY 50%!!! then add the savings from subsidy removal. (my opinion)
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Remii(m): 4:45pm On Jan 08, 2012
Andrew Ikwerre is on point>

I wonder how people talk of patience and given chances to tormentors as if they have unlimited life spans. Nigeria as it is now, some youths may not do any meaningful work in their active lives. People graduate at age of ~30yrs look for work for another 5 years, get married at ages their parents already finished having 6 children.
Most today's parents would have retired before their kids are out schools, not to talk of getting married.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by olapluto(m): 4:45pm On Jan 08, 2012
Confessions of an old man who has lost touch
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 08, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin How old is this guy speaking?
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by onenija: 4:46pm On Jan 08, 2012
Watching the TV live show on fuel subsidy makes me feel ashame to be a Nigerian are these people who we voted for? It is a big shame.
The issue is NOT fuel subsidy removal. THE ISSUE IS CORRUPTION from the Executive, NASS, Judiciary, State Governors, Local government chairman the so called CABAL that has held this country hostage for the past 50years.
Nigerians Arise and shine your eye let us fight corruption to the barest minimal let us held our past and present leaders accountable. Let us fight for our unborn generations our fathers has failed us. The time is now or never.  I rest my case.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by rhymz(m): 4:47pm On Jan 08, 2012
This guy from Rivers is tryint to talk about their obscene salaries, he was unto sth but along the way veered off
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by wewe1(m): 4:47pm On Jan 08, 2012
Switch to NTA GEJ is about to commission his buses
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by nadkaf: 4:47pm On Jan 08, 2012
rhymz:

This guy from Rivers is tryint to talk about their obscene salaries, he was unto sth but along the way veered off

He veered off and they knew what was coming and booed him off!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Father Turns In Boko-Haram Son To JTF In Maiduguri / Ministerial List: September Deadline Stands – Presidency (Today.ng) / Alimi Sulaiman: Buhari Lacks Educational Qualifications to be President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.