Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,970 members, 7,886,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 01:17 PM

2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? (10752 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Pro-biafra Protesters Shot Yesterday In Aba, Abia State / Disturbing Story Of Biafran Women Protesters Shot At Awka / Protesters Shot At By Rapid Response Squad In Ogba, 1 Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2012
We have a problem with our police! Why on earth would you shoot an unarmed protester? Can"t the protester be arrested? The use of plastic bullet should have been adopted
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2012
...pls delete
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by Joe50(m): 12:59pm On Jan 09, 2012
chakula:

bad comment from hypocrite!
hypocrite as how? U egghead! Is ur president or nlc president feeding me. Why should go out to protest. If dey like make fuel be 500/lit na so we go also increase our goods price to balance the equation. F*u*c*k mr president f*u*c*k nlc president.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by norrisman: 1:00pm On Jan 09, 2012
This can't be life, this can't be love
This can't be right, there's gotta be more, this can't be us
This can't be life, this can't be love

Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by Pain(m): 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2012
overkill®:

Did the president give an order for these people to be shot at will? Its common sense people! If you engage in violence in the guise of this peaceful demonstrations/protest you will get what you deserve. Like someone said in another thread "na only who dey alive dey buy cheap fuel "

How does this justify extra judicial killings?? They should move the dead bodies to government house Kano!
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by ziccoit: 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2012
justwise:

One thing that got me thinking now is this: Why are people protecting about fuel subsidy and not the killings carried out by Boko Haram? Why are the Northerners especially  coming out to protest openly for fuel subsidy and kept quiet about the activities of Boko Haram?

Boko Haram is a product of social injustice committed to a group of people and we all see the result. Fuel subsidy removal is a social injustice committed to all Nigerians and the results would be grievous and widespread that the land would be too unsafe to live in.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by Pain(m): 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2012
I advise they move the bodies to government house Kano!
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by Pain(m): 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2012
We just heard The Policeman who shot the peaceful protesters in Ogba, Lagos State, is the DPO of Pen Cinema Police Station, Mr Victor Okafor.
Please NOTE! The registration number of d vehicle of policemen that shot and killed one person @ Ogba is RS101LA.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by MissyB3(f): 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2012
MuNeme:

The duty of the police is to maintain law and other, a situation where a protester gets violent and starts looting shops and attacking traders then I guess he deserves what he gets! 
Oh ho! You maintain law and order by going on a killing spree? Whatever happened to apprehending these violent protestors?

It cannot be well with y'all. . . It just can't.  angry

I weep for my nation.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by naso2(m): 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2012
ifyalways:

15 yrs old boy confirmed dead @ govt. house gates in Kano.Protesters were forcefully gaining entry into govt. house as they were denied entry by the securities at the gate.Police opened fire when the protesters forcefully gained entry and a stray bullet got the 15 yrs old boy.

Source Eneche Akogwu,Channels TV.

Very correct. This set of protesters broke off from the main NLC group and decided to gain entry into govt house. Reports have it that a part of the fence caved and when police saw how they defied the initial tear gas fired, they resorted to shooting live ammunitions in the air. The 15yr old was hit by a stray bullet.

The second victim died from the stampede caused by the rush in the govt house.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by 1Dray(m): 1:03pm On Jan 09, 2012
justwise:

One thing that got me thinking now is this: Why are people protecting about fuel subsidy and not the killings carried out by Boko Haram? Why are the Northerners especially  coming out to protest openly for fuel subsidy and kept quiet about the activities of Boko Haram?

Dont mind those wicked minded beings
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by justwise(m): 1:04pm On Jan 09, 2012
ziccoit:

Boko Haram is a product of social injustice committed to a group of people and we all see the result. Fuel subsidy removal is a social injustice committed to all Nigerians and the results would be grievous and widespread that the land would be too unsafe to live in.

Can you explain more on that because you lost me there.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by Abali1(m): 1:06pm On Jan 09, 2012
justwise:

[/quotI have thought about that too,
I can only imagine that the North believes that GEJ is getting what he deserves for  betraying the PDP power rotation agreement, which he happens to have been a party to.

The Northern elders know fully well that they can do something about the boko haram guys, but because of GEJ's selfish interest and power hunger, they will do nothing.

Now GEJ thinks he can cripple the cabal (who in my mind are mostly nothern big boys) by removing fuel subsidy, of course it may work out well at the long run, but people CANNOT JUST TRUST HIS GOVERNMENT.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by umechuma: 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2012
alj harem:

THIS SONG TELLS THE NIGERIA SONG IF GEJ DOES NOT ACT SOON

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jIhNOrVG58[/flash]

Yes,Fire on the mountain for Boko Haram members and supporters not even when they hide under fuel subsidy protest.This is best opportunity to track them down and depopulate them before they regroup.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 09, 2012
justwise:

short answer - people are selfish

gej got this spectacularly wrong for a simple reason - the fuel subsidy affects EVERYBODY  outside of govt. rich/poor ; animist/ xtian/muslim;, yoruba, io, hausa, edo, ijaw whoever ; north south, east west.

practically anything else in this country can be slanted with ethnocentrism, religious intolerance - but this has united everybody

hopefully the momentum will carry and we will start on the senators and gej's bloated cabinet next

the man's halfassed stunt  has made EVERYBODY  more politically aware. in my house, the tv is actually tuned to channels.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by victorazy(m): 1:10pm On Jan 09, 2012
We're still singing "Earth Song by Michael Jackson sang about Nigeria" special dedication to Jonathan and I know he will remember his promises and come back to his senses as a gud man he used to be.

What about sunrise
What about rain
What about all the things
That you said we were to gain? (Fresh Air),
What about killing fields (Boko Haram)
Is there a time
What about all the things
That you said was yours and mine (Oil),
Did you ever stop to notice
All the blood we've shed before (Biafran War)
The crying Earth the weeping shores?

Ffffrrrrreeeeesssshhhh. Aaaaiiiiirrrr
"Repeat chorus and start crying"

What have we done to u GEJ?
Look what we've done (we voted for u)
What about all the peace
That you pledge your only son (the citizen),
What about flowering fields (Niger Delta)
Is there a time
What about all the dreams
That you said was yours and mine,
All the children dead from war (poor children)
The crying Earth the weeping shores

Ffffrrrrreeeeesssshhhh. Aaaaiiiiirrrr
"Repeat chorus and continue crying,

BRIDGE:
I used to dream (eyaa! Graduates)
I used to glance beyond the stars
Now I don't know where we are (maybe d year 1963)
Although I know we've drifted far, (Eeya we still get hope)
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by onyengbu: 1:11pm On Jan 09, 2012
ifyalways:

15 yrs old boy confirmed dead @ govt. house gates in Kano.Protesters were forcefully gaining entry into govt. house as they were denied entry by the securities at the gate.Police opened fire when the protesters forcefully gained entry and a stray bullet got the 15 yrs old boy.

Source Eneche Akogwu,Channels TV.

Now why will anyone use force to gain entry into a govt. house? What are they planning to go in there and do?

I have always known that it is behaviors like this that will mar this protest.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by justwise(m): 1:18pm On Jan 09, 2012
oyb:

short answer - people are selfish

gej got this spectacularly wrong for a simple reason - the fuel subsidy affects EVERYBODY  outside of govt. rich/poor ; animist/ xtian/muslim;, yoruba, io, hausa, edo, ijaw whoever ; north south, east west.

practically anything else in this country can be slanted with ethnocentrism, religious intolerance - but this has united everybody

hopefully the momentum will carry and we will start on the senators and gej's bloated cabinet next

the man's halfassed stunt  has made EVERYBODY  more politically aware. in my house, the tv is actually tuned to channels.
Muslims did not die in UN building bombing in Abuja or many killed in the north? Why are christains in other part of Nigeria not protesting about Christains killed in the north?

This fuel subsidy is not affecting everybody because there are many Nigerians who can afford it.

Why did Nigerians not organise this type of protest against Boko Haram?
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by Pain(m): 1:24pm On Jan 09, 2012
We just heard The Policeman who shot the peaceful protesters in Ogba, Lagos State, is the DPO of Pen Cinema Police Station, Mr Victor Okafor.
Please NOTE! The registration number of d vehicle of policemen that shot and killed one person @ Ogba is RS101LA.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by studyineu: 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2012
GEJ you guys are accusing is in south africa. Is Sambo that is running dis country for tOday
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by norrisman: 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2012
justwise:

Why did Nigerians not organise this type of protest against Boko Haram?

It is either your are being awkward or straight out dumb. There are so many things you can accuse Nigerians of not protesting against. Armed Robbery, poverty, corruption. In fact there are enough things to protest about that protests could be organised each day (366) of this year protesting something different each day.

Like someone earlier explained to you. The fuel subsidy removal is something that affects every single Nigerian hence the large turnout and widespread participation. If you cant get this into your thick skull, I think you know the tallest building in Nigeria. Go there, take a lift to the topmost floor and you know what to do,
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by justwise(m): 1:34pm On Jan 09, 2012
norrisman:

It is either your are being awkward or straight out dumb. There are so many things you can accuse Nigerians of not protesting against. Armed Robbery, poverty, corruption. In fact there are enough things to protest about that protests could be organised each day (366) of this year protesting something different each day.

Like someone earlier explained to you. The fuel subsidy removal is something that affects every single Nigerian hence the large turnout and widespread participation. If you can get this into your tick skull, I think you know the tallest building in Nigeria. Go there, take a lift to the topmost floor and you know what to do,

I mean you are a complete mo[i]ro[/i]n, i don't need insignificant cretins like you to insult me for asking a legitimate question, so in your own fat brain the killings by Boko Haram doesn't affect everybody directly or indirectly?

Brain dead muppets like you should not be allowed to use Internet.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by ziccoit: 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2012
justwise:

Can you explain more on that because you lost me there.
BH has been around for a long time ago. It is made up of young people that misunderstood the basic teaching of their religion. Attempt at correcting the group's leader was being thwarted by his lack of courage to go back to his members and inform them how wrong they were. However, they lived among the people in harmony until when Nigeria police laid hand on them in uncivilized manner for offense not committed.
The first spark started by the police then lead to a chain of reactions that we are still witnessing today. If you would recollect after the popular massacre of its members by police they entered into oblivion only to reemerge. Why did it take them almost a year to come back?
BH claimed it was avenging its leader death by killing the police at initial stage, later graduated to attacking government , then claiming to be fighting in the course of Islam now segregating the northern from southern part.
Yes, BH palaver is a product of social injustice that is now being used by some people in PDP as political weapon. You may not agree with me on this because it is complicated.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by studyineu: 1:36pm On Jan 09, 2012
@justman, no mind dem at all. Na foolishness de worry them. Shoot and kill dem all
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by justwise(m): 1:43pm On Jan 09, 2012
ziccoit:

BH has been around for a long time ago. It is made up of young people that misunderstood the basic teaching of their religion. Attempt at correcting the group's leader was being thwarted by his lack of courage to go back to his members and inform them how wrong they were. However, they lived among the people in harmony until when Nigeria police laid hand on them in uncivilized manner for offense not committed.
The first spark started by the police then lead to a chain of reactions that we are still witnessing today. If you would recollect after the popular massacre of its members by police they entered into oblivion only to reemerge. Why did it take them almost a year to come back?
BH claimed it was avenging its leader death by killing the police at initial stage, later graduated to attacking government , then claiming to be fighting in the course of Islam now segregating the northern from southern part.
Yes, BH palaver is a product of social injustice that is now being used by some people in PDP as political weapon. You may not agree with me on this because it is complicated.

Of course i disagree with you, Boko Haram started the killings before the police reacted, you are just giving excuses for Boko Haram.

That said. My question is: Why did we not organise protest against Boko Haram as they went ahead killing both Christains and Muslims?

They started killing before the fuel subsidy issue started, why did it take Nigerians this short time to organise the protest and ignore Boko Haram atrocities?
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by kny(m): 1:47pm On Jan 09, 2012
Me thinks Nigerians should be civil in all we do or say.

We should move to a society where we appreciate existence and appreciate right to live.

While av seen some demonstrators today actually become unruly and some actually mortgaged their life away, this is not enough for our security agencies to take life with impunity.

I still feel the best way out of this is Negotiation and all advocate of occupy Nigeria are now seeing the end result, albeit most of them are in front of their laptops or fiddling away with their BB.

Caution please Nigerians
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by iykak47: 1:48pm On Jan 09, 2012
justwise:

That is the same question i have asked severally.
 Boko haram would be a thing of the past if the north use the same zeal they are using against fuel subsidy removal, to fight boko haram.
who is even sure if  members of boko haram are not part of the protest.
A chinese business man would say same same.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by norrisman: 1:49pm On Jan 09, 2012
justwise:

so in your own fat brain the killings by Boko Haram doesn't affect everybody directly or indirectly?

Armed robbery affects everyone directly or indirectly - why have you not organised your family to protest? Armed robbers killed more people than Boko haram in 2011
Bad roads affect everyone directly or indirectly - why have you not organised your family to protest? Bad roads killed more people than Boko Haram in 2011
Highy Infant mortality affects everyone directly or indirectly - why have you not organised your family to protest? More children died through government neglect than killed by Boko Haram in 2011

An issue has to evoke enough feelings in a sizeable number of people in a geographical location to result in widespread protests! duh
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by ismhab(m): 1:51pm On Jan 09, 2012
there is need for NATO to protect civilians.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by norrisman: 1:53pm On Jan 09, 2012
ismhab:

there is need for NATO to protect civilians.

Erm erm, that would only be necessary if our oilfields were Nationalised.
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by studyineu: 1:53pm On Jan 09, 2012
Which Nato
Re: 2 Protesters Shot Dead By Police In Kano? by deols(f): 1:54pm On Jan 09, 2012
and when this is over, let Jona be ready to face the world criminal court. too bad!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fire At Maiduguri IDPs Camp Kills Infant, Destroys 620 Shelters / Convention: Anxiety Grips PDP Over Secondus’ Fate / SANs Reject Immunity For CJN, Others As National Assembly Votes Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.