Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,665 members, 7,889,167 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:38 AM

Can God Bless A Nation Whose Leaders Drink Blood Like Water? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can God Bless A Nation Whose Leaders Drink Blood Like Water? (1355 Views)

Can God Create A Mountain That God Can't Move? / Say A Prayer Or Bless A Nairalander Here. check out this list / Can God Reveal Your Spouse To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can God Bless A Nation Whose Leaders Drink Blood Like Water? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2012
Can God bless a nation whose leaders are corrupt, callous, wicked and drink blood like water? In this treatise, I would want us to lay aside for a moment the blessing proclamations of our General Overseers (GOs), General Superintendents (GSs), Bishops, Archbishops, Pastors, Prophets, Daddies/ Mummies in the Lord etc concerning our country Nigeria this year. Rather let us look at what God says in the Bible. You may ask me “Bro Mike, what are you talking about?” “Are you saying that my GO, GS, Daddy or Pastor is a liar and not a man of God?” Far be it from me to say so. However, it will be interesting for you to note very carefully that every prophetic utterance by anybody no matter the title he/she goes with must be cross checked with the Bible (Acts 17:11). So it is not about what that man of God said or did not say but what God said in His word - The Bible which is our sure word of prophecy (2 Pet 1:17-21).
God’s promises are not binding on Him but His principles are. His blessing us as individuals, families or as a nation are conditional upon His conditions not ours. Pro 14:34 “Uprightness and right standing with God (moral and spiritual rectitude in every area and relation) elevate a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.” (Amplified Bible). What this passage is saying is that for God to elevate a nation, its people must be upright and be in right standing with God. This implies that our moral and spiritual quality of thinking or behaviour must be in a honest and correct way. He says further that those nations that disregard Him and live as if He (God) does not exist will be disgraced and put to shame. Let us ask ourselves in all honesty “is Nigeria an upright country that is in right standing with God?” How many of us render services selflessly without asking for or expecting returns for services rendered? A friend once told me how a supposed pastor in one of the government parastatals told him to inflate his professional fees before approval can be given for him to train government officials? Since this friend refused to play ball he lost the opportunity. There are corruptions and wickedness in both high and low places. Unresolved murder cases. Human sacrifice is going on unabated. Abortions are rampant. People dying on our roads because the roads are bad. Contractors who were awarded the contracts to repair these roads failed to deliver and nothing happens to them. Let us note that for every blood that is unjustifiably shed, God shall judge whoever is responsible either directly or remotely.
Let’s look at our churches. How many preach and practise the truth of God’s word? Are many of us not building our own empires with the pretence that we are expanding the kingdom of God? No wonder any member who leaves our churches for another one becomes our enemies. A member who receives the call of God to pastor another church different from our denomination will hardly receive a Pentecostal right hand of fellowship these days from our men of God or “god of men”. When last are our church’s accounts audited? Even if they are audited are they the true state of our financial status? I was told that church leaders in Nigeria now boast about the number of people in authority who are at their beck and call, those on their prayer list etc. It’s therefore no wonder that they are not bold enough to tell them the truth. But rather they occupy eminent seats in their congregation. We tell them God bless you when we know that they are under the curse of God because of their wickedness (Psalm 7:11).
God sees a country through its leaders. This includes spiritual and temporal leaders. For a confirmation see the following events:
1. The kingdom of Israel was divided into two because of the sins of king Solomon (1 Kings 11:9-13) (please note that Solomon had before now built the temple, God had given him knowledge, wisdom and understanding. He was also a very wealthy man. He was the richest man who had ever lived).
2. Israel was defeated by the Philistines and the Ark of the Covenant captured because of the wickedness of the sons of Eli and the failure of their father Eli to call them to order or remove them from priesthood (1 Sam 4: 1-11).
3. Israel was defeated again by the Philistines because of king Saul (1 Sam 28:7-19; 31;1-10).
4. There was famine and no rain in Israel because of the sin of king Ahab (1 Kings 17:1; 18:15-18)
5. Israel went into captivity because of their wickedness and those of their leaders (1 Kings 14:15-16; 2 Kings 17: 5-23).
If God cast out His covenant people out of His sight (2 Kings 17:5-23), do you then think that He will spare Nigeria? Can He not do the same? Brethren do not be deceived and let no man deceive you. He can and except we and our leaders repent He will do to us what He did to His beloved Israel. Hear what our Lord Jesus Christ says in
Luke 13: 1-3 “1There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? 3I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
The key to Nigeria’s survival, growth and blessings does not lie in the removal of subsidy or the retaining of subsidy, neither does it lie in the rhetoric of the men of God nor is it in our confession of faith without commensurate life of Christ. The key is found in
2 Chronicles 7: 13-14 “13If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people; 14If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
The above means that we as a people have to:
1. Humble ourselves
2. Pray
3. Seek God’s face
4. Turn from our wicked ways
Then God will:
1. Hear us from heaven
2. Forgive our sin
3. Heal our land
I know that true messages are very scarce today. However God will always have a remnant. If you desire to listen or watch undiluted messages from the youtube. You can link up with the following ministers:
1. Bro Gbile Akanni of Living Seed Ministries, Gboko, Nigeria
2. Pastor Samson Jebutu of Moment of Truth Ministries, United Kingdom

God bless you.
Bro Mike Dike
Re: Can God Bless A Nation Whose Leaders Drink Blood Like Water? by newmi(m): 5:28pm On Jan 10, 2012
God gives a people the kibd of government they derseve so a people have being unrepentantly wicked then they'll get a wicked ruler

(1) (Reply)

Does How You Spend The First Day Of The Year Determine The Remaining / Having Dreams Where You Were Rejected By A Girl You Are About To Woo / Why Is The Wearing Of Pencil Trousers A Sin ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.