Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,243 members, 7,891,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:20 AM

My Marriage Finally Collapses - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage Finally Collapses (26862 Views)

How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage / I Am Very Unhappy In My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:30pm On Jan 15, 2012
wow for once I agree with coogar

hahaha
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by dayokanu(m): 8:45pm On Jan 15, 2012
Ujujoan:

Honestly TOH, I really dont know why you are defending the lady. Mind you, this is not a relationship we are talking about, its a marriage. The rules are just not the same here. You dont flirt with other men because your husband is boring. It just doesnt work that way. Is that what she plans to teach her kids someday? The woman is irresponsible . . . Simple! If she's not satisfied with her husband, she has the choice of leaving. But staying behind to make ridicule and disrespect her husband is just plain irresponsible.

Marriage good o, see what marriage has done to,uju.

So you shld start seeing other ppl when your spouse becomes boring, broke or lose shape
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 15, 2012
coogar:

how's she annoying?
the woman wants to be with someone that loves her wholeheartedly.
sadly for the husband, he is not the one.

You really believe this?  undecided

coogar:

she realized a tad late.
sometimes women don't see these things till it's late. grin

Doesnt matter, she could still have walked the minute she realised she was married to the wrong man. I strongly believe she had been acting this way all along and our brother here was just blind to reality. Looks more to me like a marriage she entered into out of convenience. That was very unfair to him.

dayokanu:

Marriage good o, see what marriage has done to,uju.

So you shld start seeing other ppl when your spouse becomes boring, broke or lose shape

We thank God for Uju! grin Now she has seen the light.

Women would be the first to cry foul shld a man decide to look outside since madam thinks she should dress in a boring old wrapper and rubber slippers all day.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by dayokanu(m): 8:51pm On Jan 15, 2012
If it was the man caught hanging out late,with gfs, sneaking out to living room calling them at midnight, and even use their pictures as profile pic maybe our response wld have been the same
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:56pm On Jan 15, 2012
Like you and the rest wouldnt tell her to "pray that he changes" *rolls eyes*

Women would be the first to cry foul shld a man decide to look outside since madam thinks she should dress in a boring old wrapper and rubber slippers all day.

Actually I'd be surprised if he didnt. grin
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2012
dayokanu:

If it was the man caught hanging out late,with gfs, sneaking out to living room calling them at midnight, and even use their pictures as profile pic maybe our response wld have been the same

we would be on page 24 of the "condemn all men as irresponsible pigs" thread.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 15, 2012
coogar:

how's she annoying?
the woman wants to be with someone that loves her wholeheartedly.
sadly for the husband, he is not the one.
  really? Someone who loves her? So you think those guys love her more than her husband? Lol. Abeg talk another thing jor! I just feel she didnt respect her marriage enough and that is both irresponsible and annoying. Except someone put a gun to her head and forced her to marry the man, i have no atom of pity for her.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2012
Ujujoan. abeg. when it comes to family, women are usually more rational. A large part is missing from his epistle.

Im not taking his story seriously at all.

Im sure Ujwoku said the same rubbish to outsiders when his 1st wife ran away from him to London.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by coogar: 9:09pm On Jan 15, 2012
davidylan:

You really believe this?  undecided

i believe with all my heart.

Doesnt matter, she could still have walked the minute she realised she was married to the wrong man. I strongly believe she had been acting this way all along and our brother here was just blind to reality. Looks more to me like a marriage she entered into out of convenience. That was very unfair to him.

maybe she wasn't convinced back then she was married to the wrong man. we don't know the facts.

Ujujoan:

really? Someone who loves her? So you think those guys love her more than her husband? Lol. Abeg talk another thing jor! I just feel she didnt respect her marriage enough and that is both irresponsible and annoying. Except someone put a gun to her head and forced her to marry the man, i have no atom of pity for her.

it's not about what i think - it's about what she thinks.
i am working from the woman's perspective - why would a married woman leave her husband all of a sudden? these things don't just happen.
she must have done so because she believed strongly her husband was not the right man for her. whether her belief correct or incorrect is another matter entirely!

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 15, 2012
coogar:

i believe with all my heart.

maybe she wasn't convinced back then she was married to the wrong man. we don't know the facts.

it's not about what i think - it's about what she thinks.
i am working from the woman's perspective - why would a married woman leave her husband all of a sudden? these things don't just happen.
she must have done so because she believed strongly her husband was not the right man for her. whether her belief correct or incorrect is another matter entirely!

You are a man who's just guessing . . . . I'm a woman. So trust me, women don't leave their five-year old marriage blessed with a kid just because the husband is boring.

I see signs of a spoilt, entitled and selfish woman who's being distracted by men who, unknown to her, only want a piece of her 'national cake'. Maybe her hubby's a little boring, maybe he's not. But she's too greedy to work on her marriage. Well, I bet sooner or late she'll realize what we already know . . . . . the grass is NOT always as green as it looks when you get to the other side! undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 15, 2012
coogar:

they happen ALL the time bro. grin
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 15, 2012
@ Dayo & David!

Okay I agree . . . marriage has definitely made me more objective. embarassed embarassed But this one is a no brainer . . . the babe na mumu.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

Like you and the rest wouldnt tell her to "pray that he changes" *rolls eyes*

Actually I'd be surprised if he didnt. grin

Exactly! Men are more likely to stray when their wives become 'boring' and God knows I'll be the first to rain abuses on any such man. Wont I be a hypocrite if I don't do the same here undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2012
and what happens if she does end up happier on the other side?  

You yourself are assuming she left cos he's boring. Women dont just leave with a KID for a more serious reason especially in that yeye Naija. abeg.

if you like keep listening to his half arsed story
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2012
Ujujoan:

Exactly! Men are more likely to stray when their wives become 'boring' and God knows I'll be the first to rain abuses on any such man. Wont I be a hypocrite if I don't do the same here undecided

I wouldnt rain abuses.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 15, 2012
this is an idiotic comment. . . .

there has to be mutual love for any relationship/marriage to work.
that you love someone 100% does not guarantee you would be loved in the same manner and this is what majority of the people don't get.
they always claim but i love her, i care for her, i could wrestle the moon away from the sky for her and blah blah blah but all these wouldn't make a woman love you in return. . . . . .

matter of factly, she could be in love with a man that treats her like shyte. the people who have the perfect bliss in marriage are the people who love each other almost equally. i feel for the poster - he loved his wife but it's so unfortunate the wife didn't love her back in the same weight. when a man is in love, he's blind to all the flaws you are asking him to see. how do you expect him to see those?

good for you that you didn't marry miss x, y and z  because they are not crazy about you, so you decided to settle with miss m who is crazy about you.
the question is, are you crazy about the one you settled for?  did you marry her simply because she's crazy about you regardless of your own feelings for her?
so if your housemaid was crazy about you, you would have married her? is that what marriage is all about?

too many heads on the planets but few brains!

Its our friend d puzzy licker. Why wouldn't i want to marry someone who is crazy abt me? What i said is simple, if u are miss world and u ain't crazy abt me then i ain't riding with u.
Don't be too hasty in defending the ho's man. Did i say i will marry a woman who i ain't crazy abt? There has to be a meeting point. If u care abt me and i care abt u then we're riding. Simple.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 15, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

and what happens if she does end up happier on the other side?  

You yourself are assuming she left cos he's boring. Women dont just leave with a KID for a more serious reason especially in that yeye Naija. abeg.

if you like keep listening to his half arsed story

Maybe he's making up stories . . . maybe he's not! I'm obviously making conclusions based on what he's posting here. Of course my opinion might change if the story's really not complete. But for now, as far as this post is concerned . . . .  the babe na mumu!

ThiefOfHearts:

I wouldnt rain abuses.

I would . . . .  embarassed embarassed  embarassed
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by coogar: 9:55pm On Jan 15, 2012
Ujujoan:

You are a man who's just guessing . . . . I'm a woman. So trust me, women don't leave their five-year old marriage blessed with a kid just because the husband is boring.

guessing. . . .you're a woman, you don't sleep with women.
i am a man - i sleep with them on the regular and i know what a woman desires. every woman wants a man who loves her more than she loves him.
once they are not getting that vibe, they are off to a man who appears like a man that can offer more.

I see signs of a spoilt, entitled and selfish woman who's being distracted by men who, unknown to her, only want a piece of her 'national cake'. Maybe her hubby's a little boring, maybe he's not. But she's too greedy to work on her marriage. Well, I bet sooner or late she'll realize what we already know . . . . . the grass is NOT always as green as it looks when you get to the other side! undecided

see. . . .
i don't disagree that she might be running off to a man worse than her husband. she might be running into the arms of a useless man but that's not her belief.
let's try and dissect what this woman saw that made her leave. let's leave who she's running to out of the equation for now.

Gaggi:

Its our friend d puzzy licker. Why wouldn't i want to marry someone who is crazy abt me? What i said is simple, if u are miss world and u ain't crazy abt me then i ain't riding with u.

who says you shouldn't marry someone crazy about you?
what you decide to do with your pathetic life is your prerogative.
if a market woman is crazy about you - marry her! it's what you deserve.

Don't be too hasty in defending the ho's man. Did i say i will marry a woman who i ain't crazy abt? There has to be a meeting point. If u care abt me and i care abt u then we're riding. Simple.

this only happens 1% of the time.
it's almost impossible to find a man and woman who loves each other mutually.
at least one of them wants more and the moment they sense they can get more elsewhere, the relationship creaks.

this is why there are more pains in marriages today than smiles.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:10pm On Jan 15, 2012
Ujujoan:

I would . . . .  embarassed embarassed  embarassed

Couples should try to appeal to each other senses, marriage shouldnt change that.

Only thing I'd ask is if he mentioned this change to her before going elsewhere.

coogar:

i know what a woman desires. every woman wants a man who loves her more than she loves him.
once they are not getting that vibe, they are off to a man who appears like a man that can offer more.

Nothing but the truth
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by emmatok(m): 11:25pm On Jan 15, 2012
If this story is true, then that woman is in for a hell.

Because most Nigerian men won't think of training another man's kid(except that woman is lying about the child's paternity).

@op

Just be patient your kid will come back .

And when her BF is done with your Ex-wife's Kitty, she will try to comeback (but don't take her back).

I am sure that dude won't marry her, his is a player just practicing his Okafor's law.

3 Likes

Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:28pm On Jan 15, 2012
Shouldnt you be thinking of the son?

If it turns out they could eventually work things out, due to pride and ego he should say no to providing a family for his sonA?

we don hear o.

Next min same people will be on the Christian board yarning gibberish LOL
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by SisiKill1: 1:17am On Jan 16, 2012
[I]*Enters thread wearing long white garment, carrying red and white candle in one hand and lit incense stick in the other.*[/I]

@ OP
Sing with me. . .

Prayer is da key
Prayer is da key
Prayer is da master key
Jesus started with Prayers
And ended with prayer
Prayer is da master keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!

Sing that sing 7 times for 7 days every 7th hour and you will be amazed at the iyanu that will shele in your life.

Also remember . . .Divorce is not an option. Don't even think of the letter D. . . Talk more of divorce. Now is the time to be proactive. . .What does the other guy have that you don't have, ehn?

You are a man, He is a man.
You are Nairalander, He is a Nairalander,
You stand on two legs; he stands on two legs,

Ahn ahn! I swear you have so much in common, you could be the same person, it is almost like you are competing with yourself.  So what are you afraid of? Go fight for your woman my friend.

Since I don’t believe in prayers alone, I will give you useful tips to help you get your wife back

1) Act Overly Nice, It Makes You a Great Catch – Just be “Yes Dearing” her all over the place. Be friends with the new bobo in her life, apart from showing what a cool dude you are, you can also observe him, see what he is doing and how he is doing it for your reference. Dude, contrary to what you have heard, nice guys don’t finish last. Never, ever!! angry angry

2) Try To Persuade her To Come Back With Logic -  See the way I listed how alike you and the new bobo are? Use that on her, tell her you are so alike. . . you could be him. As a matter of fact, take it one step further and tell her you are him, she can call you by his name and do the same things with you, you won’t mind, as long as she come back.

3) Play The Role Of Human Doormat – This is where your ego will probably balk but remember you are playing a role. . .that means, you are acting, that means it is not really you. Just think of yourself as Jim Iyke, so when she yells, the joke is on her because she is not yelling at you. . .she is yelling at Jim Iyke. When she gets abusive, it is Jim Iyke that is getting it. When she ridicules you, just silently say “Eeya, poor Jim Iyke” in your mind oh, don’t say it out loud so she doesn’t know.  wink

4) Shower her With Flowers And Gifts – This one is self-explanatory ojare. . .the only problem I see here is that she is not living with you anymore but that’s okay, we can still work around it. Take a day off work and just follow her from a distance. . .take note of the places she goes and then BAM! Wherever she is. . .you will be there, bearing gifts, flowers, keepsakes, snacks. Do not take no for answer. (Warning -  Some people might call this stalking but what do they know? Did their wife happily pack her load and run to another man’s arms? Errr. . . No! So don’t even pay them attention, don’t let them distract you from your goal)

5) Say I LOVE YOU every 5 mins – This is another one that would be tricky but again we can work around it. . . We can work around anything as long as you are determined. She’s on facebook ko? Perfect. Just be posting “I Love you! I Love you” on her wall, send her I LOVE YOU emails, PMs, twitter, BBMs, YIM, GM, AIM, MSN, AOL, 2go, 4come, Whatsapp, Live profile, TextLive, MySpace, YourSpace, OurSpace, ICQ, UCQME, Hi5, Lo10. . .point is bombard her with I love yous, so that everytime she sees the word Love, she automatically thinks of you. This is what them scientist call “sending subliminal messages”

In a show of solidarity, some of us will gladly join you for prayers and fasting. Thanks to being on this section, praying and fasting comes really easy to us women.  smiley smiley

@ Karma
Happy New Year!! How have you been? Why did you miss the New Year meeting of The Divine Ladies of the Cabal Sisterhood? Mother superior was not happy oh. Anyway sha, they have chosen you to lead the first prayer and fasting session for our dear brother. Let's meet at the woman cave to discuss it.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 16, 2012
//
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 16, 2012
Buahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha sisi kill I swear, if I "cash" oh ehn grin
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by maclatunji: 10:04am On Jan 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

[I]*Enters thread wearing long white garment, carrying red and white candle in one hand and lit incense stick in the other.*[/I]

@ OP
Sing with me. . .

Prayer is da key
Prayer is da key
Prayer is da master key
And ended with prayer

Sing that sing 7 times for 7 days every 7th hour and you will be amazed at the iyanu that will shele in your life.

Also remember . . .Divorce is not an option. Don't even think of the letter D. . . Talk more of divorce. Now is the time to be proactive. . .What does the other guy have that you don't have, ehn?

Ahn ahn! I swear you have so much in common, you could be the same person, it is almost like you are competing with yourself.  So what are you afraid of? Go fight for your woman my friend.

Since I don’t believe in prayers alone, I will give you useful tips to help you get your wife back

1) Act Overly Nice, It Makes You a Great Catch – Just be “Yes Dearing” her all over the place. Be friends with the new bobo in her life, apart from showing what a cool dude you are, you can also observe him, see what he is doing and how he is doing it for your reference. Dude, contrary to what you have heard, nice guys don’t finish last. Never, ever!! angry angry

2) Try To Persuade her To Come Back With Logic -  See the way I listed how alike you and the new bobo are? Use that on her, tell her you are so alike. . . you could be him. As a matter of fact, take it one step further and tell her you are him, she can call you by his name and do the same things with you, you won’t mind, as long as she come back.

3) Play The Role Of Human Doormat – This is where your ego will probably balk but remember you are playing a role. . .that means, you are acting, that means it is not really you. Just think of yourself as Jim Iyke, so when she yells, the joke is on her because she is not yelling at you. . .she is yelling at Jim Iyke. When she gets abusive, it is Jim Iyke that is getting it. When she ridicules you, just silently say “Eeya, poor Jim Iyke” in your mind oh, don’t say it out loud so she doesn’t know.  wink

4) Shower her With Flowers And Gifts – This one is self-explanatory ojare. . .the only problem I see here is that she is not living with you anymore but that’s okay, we can still work around it. Take a day off work and just follow her from a distance. . .take note of the places she goes and then BAM! Wherever she is. . .you will be there, bearing gifts, flowers, keepsakes, snacks. Do not take no for answer. (Warning -  Some people might call this stalking but what do they know? Did their wife happily pack her load and run to another man’s arms? Errr. . . No! So don’t even pay them attention, don’t let them distract you from your goal)

5) Say I LOVE YOU every 5 mins – This is another one that would be tricky but again we can work around it. . . We can work around anything as long as you are determined. She’s on facebook ko? Perfect. Just be posting “I Love you! I Love you” on her wall, send her I LOVE YOU emails, PMs, twitter, BBMs, YIM, GM, AIM, MSN, AOL, 2go, 4come, Whatsapp, Live profile, TextLive, MySpace, YourSpace, OurSpace, ICQ, UCQME, Hi5, Lo10. . .point is bombard her with I love yous, so that everytime she sees the word Love, she automatically thinks of you. This is what them scientist call “sending subliminal messages”

In a show of solidarity, some of us will gladly join you for prayers and fasting. Thanks to being on this section, praying and fasting comes really easy to us women.  smiley smiley

@ Karma
Happy New Year!! How have you been? Why did you miss the New Year meeting of The Divine Ladies of the Cabal Sisterhood? Mother superior was not happy oh. Anyway sha, they have chosen you to lead the first prayer and fasting session for our dear brother. Let's meet at the woman cave to discuss it.

This your advice be as E get. Are you being real or sarcastic? I don't think a husband should fight for a disrespectful probably cheating wife unless she shows accelerated reversal in attitude and behaviour. If I find that she has done the do with any man, it is goodbye to bad rubbish!
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by zayhal(f): 11:32am On Jan 16, 2012
^^ It's obvious she's been sarcastic now. Mac where's your sense of humour?
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 16, 2012
@OP i am sorry for what you have been through but some marriages are tougher than others. You know your wife better than anybody so i am certain that you have been seeing some of these her xtics before you married her because it is never totally new which is why i believe you should have fought for your marriage not by harrassing all her toasters but by keeping your focus on your son. In situations like this patience is a virtue it is hard but once a child is involved extraordinary sacrifices must be made. You also need to check where and how the marriage went wrong, all the lapses on your side not saying it was your fault but sometimes when we look inwards we find solutions.

Please do not close the door to possible reconciliation she may come back to her senses at a later time however if you are sincere with yourself and sure that you totally want to let go of her, then you must purge youself of any guilt over the break up, give yourself time to heal before getting involved again. Always be available to your son do your better to make sure you are part of his life i assure you that you will be happy for this. Do not badmouth your wife to your son or any other person just tell them it didnt work out. Pour out your heart to trusted people who will not sit in judgement. Take heart shit happens. Sometimes some people marry the wrong person and divorce and they end up really happy with life.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by coogar: 11:45am On Jan 16, 2012
chaircover:

This girl is "funnylicious" mad  grin

But seriously, love is a strange thing. It makes people do things that they wouldn't normally do; go to any jail and you will see so many people in there for committing crimes of passion so in a way I understand why the poster continued with the marriage despite so many warning signs on the wall. He thought that he could change her.

Does anyone watch abelejayan? Shouldn't that hen-pecked baby lawyer have divorced his wife by now. OK its only a soap, but there are many men in the same situation.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

the baby lawyer is a Arrow. he married a woman above his station from the onset. i don't pity him.
after the humiliation he suffered when he met that bald babe from the beginning, i really don't see why he thought it would be a happy ending.

his driver is also a twunt. . . . . .uselessly hilarious.
i like the series but sky204 is so shyte these days. . . . . .
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

@ OP
Sing with me. . .

Prayer is da key
Prayer is da key
Prayer is da master key
And ended with prayer

@ Karma
Hehehehehe, I totally agree, this is the same advice that would have been given by all d pple here screaming for her hhead if it was d man who left. Infact Poster, dont let this male cabal break up your marriage, fight for ya wife. hehehehehe, Divorce in not an option.
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 16, 2012
@,,,
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by maclatunji: 2:31pm On Jan 16, 2012
zayhal:

^^ It's obvious she's been sarcastic now. Mac where's your sense of humour?

I lost my sense of humour embarassed grin grin

Sisi_Kill is the queen of Nairaland sarcasm. tongue
Re: My Marriage Finally Collapses by blank(f): 3:46pm On Jan 16, 2012
Sorry poster. I wish u the strength to bear this setback.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Drags His Former In-laws To Court, Demands Bride Price Back (Photo) / My Husband Is So Attached To His Mother / Married Men With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.