Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,332 members, 7,884,712 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 02:26 PM

Can You Allow Your Wife To Keep Friendship With Her Married Or Single Ex-bf? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Allow Your Wife To Keep Friendship With Her Married Or Single Ex-bf? (1335 Views)

Any Guy Who Doesn't Have A House And A Car Should Not Get Married Or Even Date! / She Slept With My Best Buddy And Expects Me To End Friendship With Him. / Hilarious Response A Girl Gave Her Ex BF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Allow Your Wife To Keep Friendship With Her Married Or Single Ex-bf? by hapi4eva: 5:19am On Jan 21, 2012
Can you allow your wife to keep friendship with her ex-boyfriend? How do you feel sincerely as a man each time your wife talk to her ex-boy friend on the phone, facebook or on BBM? Is it morally right for a married woman to keep such relationship? I believe in the saying that "WHAT YOU DONT WANT TO EAT DONT SMELL IT" Please let read your mind on this highly sensitive topic which is presently destroying many homes in secret,
Re: Can You Allow Your Wife To Keep Friendship With Her Married Or Single Ex-bf? by iice(f): 7:03am On Jan 21, 2012
Morally right? As in to keep in touch with another human being?  Are you people alright? undecided

Again, all these things should be sorted out before marriage.
In the event of a reconciliation after marriage.  Ground rules should be made and kept.  Breaking them means severing ties.  And no for the slow ones, i'm referring to the ex.
Re: Can You Allow Your Wife To Keep Friendship With Her Married Or Single Ex-bf? by Mynd44: 7:22am On Jan 21, 2012
Moraly right hmmm. The thing with morals in this regard is that what you call right, another person might call wrong.
Personally, I would not mind because I believe it is only human nature to keep friends but someone else might screan bloody murder at the thought
Re: Can You Allow Your Wife To Keep Friendship With Her Married Or Single Ex-bf? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 21, 2012
While I understand your apprehensions about such situations I'd say you let the status quo remain unless you have tangible proof that something is not right in their dealings. You don't want to push your wife back into the arms of an old love believe me.
Re: Can You Allow Your Wife To Keep Friendship With Her Married Or Single Ex-bf? by Mynd44: 10:06am On Jan 21, 2012
@Fresh, exactly guys don't realise that when you are being too jealous and overprotective, you just drive your girl into the arms of the dude in question
Re: Can You Allow Your Wife To Keep Friendship With Her Married Or Single Ex-bf? by Tosinville(m): 11:29am On Jan 21, 2012
That can be dangerous.
Re: Can You Allow Your Wife To Keep Friendship With Her Married Or Single Ex-bf? by MrsChima1(f): 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2012
iice:

Morally right? As in to keep in touch with another human being?  Are you people alright? undecided

Again, all these things should be sorted out before marriage.
In the event of a reconciliation after marriage.  Ground rules should be made and kept.  Breaking them means severing ties.  And no for the slow ones, i'm referring to the ex.

Beautifully said. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

A friend told me a few months ago that she seriously think courts should implement a test before giving couples marriage licenses and the test should measure their level of common sense and analytical skills, depending on the scores will determine if persons are marriageable or not.

I said she was crazy a few months ago, after reading several threads, I am beginning to see her point. lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Allow Your Wife To Keep Friendship With Her Married Or Single Ex-bf? by iice(f): 4:48pm On Jan 21, 2012
Lmao!

I think people would find that harsh.

Isn't there counseling though? For those about to tie the knot.
Re: Can You Allow Your Wife To Keep Friendship With Her Married Or Single Ex-bf? by MrsChima1(f): 5:04pm On Jan 21, 2012
iice:

Lmao!

I think people would find that harsh.

Isn't there counseling though? For those about to tie the knot.

Yes! Marital counseling are available, but depending on the regions because I know some countries aren't into counseling because some people are very private about their marriage however I am sure pastors are qualified to assist in marital counseling seeing they are most likely to be married themselves and can offer advices on how to resolve issues before entering marriage.

Marital counseling are for couples who aren't into Green Card marriages, Drive-Thru marriages (People who drive up to a window and gets married in their cars in Las Vegas), Arranged marriages, and Mail Order/Online marriages. lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Allow Your Wife To Keep Friendship With Her Married Or Single Ex-bf? by iice(f): 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2012
Kai no escape for some of these men grin grin

Mrs, Chima:

Yes! Marital counseling are available, but depending on the regions because I know some countries aren't into counseling because some people are very private about their marriage however I am sure pastors are qualified to assist in marital counseling seeing they are most likely to be married themselves and can offer advices on how to resolve issues before entering marriage.

Exactly. I was also thinking of pastors.

But considering the amount of pastors around, it seems not to be working. Maybe your friend's idea can be more effective grin
Re: Can You Allow Your Wife To Keep Friendship With Her Married Or Single Ex-bf? by richy5(m): 6:19pm On Jan 21, 2012
I think is normal and right but the woman should be very careful bcoz it may lead to "somefin" that can ruin her marriage, Know how to call it a quit if is going beyond the boundary.
Re: Can You Allow Your Wife To Keep Friendship With Her Married Or Single Ex-bf? by mpmp: 6:54pm On Jan 21, 2012
hapi4eva:

Can you allow your wife to keep friendship with her ex-boyfriend? How do you feel sincerely as a man each time your wife talk to her ex-boy friend on the phone, facebook or on BBM? Is it morally right for a married woman to keep such relationship? I believe in the saying that "WHAT YOU DONT WANT TO EAT DONT SMELL IT" Please let read your mind on this highly sensitive topic which is presently destroying many homes in secret,

how would you define FRIENDSHIP WITH AN EX-
Re: Can You Allow Your Wife To Keep Friendship With Her Married Or Single Ex-bf? by Mynd44: 11:07pm On Jan 21, 2012
^^^
A friendship

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Build Trust & Passion For Nigerian Girls? / Her Fiancè Lied To Her / This Magical Pair Of Underwear Can Filter Out Your Fart's Smell!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.