Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,091 members, 7,896,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:02 PM

2d/3d Art Gallery - Art, Graphics & Video (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 2d/3d Art Gallery (110971 Views)

Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results / 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. / Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by ndgfx(m): 8:30pm On Dec 02, 2008
Thanks for the comments, really appreciated them.
@bizkit
i'm a guy based in nigeria,okay. so no groupies.(at least, until i meet you sister smiley)
I'm currently teaching some guys here in Covenant university how to vector and its been coming up great. they are learning really fast.
I choose female subjects because they have more emotion to their poses and basically every other thing that they do. That & it lets me meet with more chicks, smiley
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by bizkit(m): 6:29am On Dec 03, 2008
grin grin grin nd
l8r
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Artboy(m): 8:08pm On Dec 03, 2008
Shit! angryI'm so ashamed of myself embarassed
I'd better go correct it,
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 05, 2008
old_post
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 05, 2008
old_post
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by maxani: 10:29pm On Dec 05, 2008
hmnn, lots of folks caught the vector feel. I'm on vacation from that for now, more on cartoons,

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 7:49pm On Dec 09, 2008
3D Version of "Business and Pleasure" protagonist; Idara

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 10:17pm On Dec 09, 2008
Idara Ekpot . . . Close up.

Modo/Lightwave: Modeling

Bodypaint/Photoshop: Textures

Softimage XSI: Rigging/Posing

Lightwave: Rendering

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Kemjisuper(m): 8:50am On Dec 10, 2008
Damn good 3D stuff. I like this! I'm officially hooked to 3D animation now. LOL

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by xothermik(m): 9:40pm On Dec 10, 2008
hey guys, sorri two days no post from me. das because iv been goin thru some changes lately. well one day i woke up to notice some deep marks on my neck. then soon realized that i dont like sunlight so i stayed indoors. then i started growin canine teeth and claws. started experiencin a deep thirst for blood and noticed multiplication of my physical strenght and nasal perception. im really scared right now particularly since i passed out one night and got up the next morning with singns of struggle and injuries on face and hands and blood on my teeth and mouth which i mus say kinda tastes good grin . then saw on the news something about a mysterious slayin of three men commin home from a club by some kinda monster. can any one out there help me, i jus wanna be normal again. this is a picture i took of myself with great difficulty cuz i have some crazy claws. what shud i do and what am i shocked helllllp

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Kemjisuper(m): 7:48am On Dec 11, 2008
That's one scary Mo' fo shocked
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Kemjisuper(m): 8:25am On Dec 11, 2008
@Grafikdon
Do you mind giving me a little tip on 3D human model textures? I love the detail on your close up of Idara Ekpot. I hope to get to your level someday, I've come a long way with my personal effort, now I'm requesting professional advice.

Thanks cool

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by resichild(m): 8:35am On Dec 11, 2008
@xothermilk
yep, mean dude! I tried to stop u yesterday wheu attacked those guys, and boy, u were one unstoppable, THING.Congrats, u just joined our creepy animals/human club grin cheesy cool
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 4:47pm On Dec 11, 2008
"Hit Man" Idara Ekpot of "Business and Pleasure" (Concept)

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2008
Kemjisuper. . . I dunno where to start. You have to study people (Live video photo) . Arm yourself with Photoshop (oops. . . you're already doing that) and If you have access to Bodypaint, you will enjoy textures (Nope you don't necessarily have to use Bodypaint but it saves you a lot of uv seam headache. . . no need to worry about ugly UV seams because Bodypaint projection painting takes care of that headche). Depending on how far you wanna go you may need either Zbrush or Mudbox. . . well, ZBrush since I hate Autodesk policies and try to avoid their products. . .

Finally, regardless of what anyone says to you, practice, trial and error are your best bet anytime. Your improvement becomes rapid with incessant practice, trial and error. . .
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 11:51pm On Dec 11, 2008
Idara in Color. . .

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Kemjisuper(m): 7:19am On Dec 12, 2008
@Grafikdon
Guy, you too much! kiss

Thanks, and watch out!!!

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 4:29pm On Dec 13, 2008
Random character

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 11:31pm On Dec 13, 2008
Another random Character. . .

Pen/Photoshop/Mouse. . .

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Kemjisuper(m): 9:45am On Dec 17, 2008
I hope I'm getting better with my 3d texturing! tongue

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 18, 2008
@kemji, what software? Thats really cool
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Kemjisuper(m): 7:49am On Dec 19, 2008
webdezzi:

@kemji, what software? Thats really cool

It's Poser4. I'm sure its quite old cos I'm sure I've heard of Poser 7 around. Anyways, I'm learning to work wonders with it anyhow grin
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Kemjisuper(m): 1:11pm On Dec 19, 2008
Casual lady! grin

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by xothermik(m): 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2008
awesome work guyz kemji thats a real fast progress if u ask me keep goin. however im a bit concerned for you because most of your characters seem caucasian or foreign and i know someone learnin woud immediately wanna make xters based on whats around him u know like nigerian peopl and stuff. i dont really use poser burt i think you are lettin it guide u with its props and templates which u customize. cool stuff but f u really wanna b good u must do as many excercises of creatin things from scratch that way when u have a foundation u cud then start tryin other stuff. jus like i think its foolhardy for someone to start learnin to model with z brush without prior learning 3d max maya or other of the pro softwares. i think guys lik okx zpix gdon and the rest cud agree wit me on this.so dont let poser do most of the work for you because it has limits and when you get too used to it u wud find it difficult if not impossible to do some real serious work. my opinion is poser is good for gettin some nice quick 3d but its not really a full professional 3d ware like the ones i mentiond. basically work hard to develop ur spline poly nurbs etc modeling. its just like comparing windows movie maker and adobe premier pro or ulead media studio if u ask me. quick nice and easy with limits verses difficult intricate confusing but limitless. cud b wrong tho. grin
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by xothermik(m): 6:27pm On Dec 23, 2008
any way seems everyone's pretty much a peac lover these days. i mean not enough bombardment like before grin myself inclusive. guess we all bizzy. anyway heres a fulani girl i did some time bak but jus textured last night in just over an hour. pretty basic texturin if u ask me mostly i photo shop.
oh yeah and i promis to soon start makin my nairaland models in scenes grin

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by xothermik(m): 6:30pm On Dec 23, 2008
oh yeah case anyone want to use her for wall paper or for further editin or even 2 plagiarize my work. edit away i don mind.

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Kemjisuper(m): 12:20pm On Dec 30, 2008
@Xmothermik
Yeah dude, thanks for the concern, but I think I can pretty much create African figure models just as well using my tools. I'm still getting the hang of 3ds max but it doesn't mean I should abandon the easy road and start with the hard road. I'll get there pretty soon,, I promise you all. I aint using my lappy right now but when I'm with it, I'll send in some posts.

Cheers cool
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by xothermik(m): 10:33pm On Dec 31, 2008
nice 2 c u understand im on ur side. felt mit hav sent the wrong message after the last post. go get em tiger.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by c3dube(m): 10:45pm On Dec 31, 2008
its been a long time since my last post
i just put some blinks on my frog
hope its cool?

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Kemjisuper(m): 8:07am On Jan 02, 2009
That's my Nightgown model! cool

Ps: She's a purely African Babe shocked

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by sojioguns(m): 8:19am On Jan 02, 2009
@Kemji, Is that nightgown wet?
Nice one. I see you are getting very conversant with basic character creation. Now it is time to move on to the next phase. Try rigging and simple movements.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 7:23pm On Jan 02, 2009
Mark of Uru: Episode 3 (Screen shots)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (41) (Reply)

Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs / Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge / Black Art (painting Only Please!) :D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.