Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,519 members, 7,878,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 05:16 PM

2d/3d Art Gallery - Art, Graphics & Video (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 2d/3d Art Gallery (110616 Views)

Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results / 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. / Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 10:57am On Feb 06, 2009
e-monster:

hi grafikdon, i find impressive the of 2d animation snap shots you have posted here .what is/are the current status of these projects ?

They are screen shots of my animated web series. . .

http://www.mayhemproductions.org/Business_And_Pleasure/Episode_1.html

http://www.mayhemproductions.org/Mark_Of_Uru/Mark_of_Uru_Episode_1.html
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by ndgfx(m): 3:18pm On Feb 06, 2009
i wish that i'd have the time to do some posting but i've been very busy of late,
however i want to take time out to make some announcements,

[list]
[li]My 3rd design pack will be coming out later this year, hopefully before the end of the first quarter[/li]
[li]I'm focusing more on 3d--- as in seriously now, no more running from the truth[/li]
[/list]

below are some of my renders below. I haven't learnt how to texture or light or mapping. just pure modelling
i render with brazil

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by aphek: 8:03am On Feb 10, 2009
nice!
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by xothermik(m): 3:19pm On Feb 14, 2009
hey iv had this idea of opening a thread with a valentine theme where 2d 3d and all kinds of graphic work with a romantic angle will b displayd but hav been too bizzy of late and only tied to come up with this model last night b4 bed. its supposed to be an afrocentric cupid.(kind of an aje pako with d big belly button grin ) dont think i shud hav time to finish and texture it before 2day ends as well as wait till after valentines day is past before i put it up i mean that wil be bad timin. anyway you guys will hav to put up with the near complete untextured one before i pinish.

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by xothermik(m): 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2009
woops shocked forgot to giv him some panties. need some more detailing on the wings too.
by d wae d inspiration came from dis guy

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by xothermik(m): 5:22pm On Feb 14, 2009
ok i just cant leave him without panties on valenines day. but thats all i can get in today. u can hav your eyes and texture and final detailing later

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 2:29am On Feb 15, 2009
Mark of Uru: Episode 4 (Screen Shots)

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 2:32am On Feb 15, 2009
More. . .

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 2:34am On Feb 15, 2009
Finally. . .

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Gamine(f): 12:21pm On Feb 15, 2009
lol@Cupid.

Grafikdon, beaurifull!! smiley smiley smiley

I have introduced people to this animation, i hope we get a dvd one of these days ooh
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by resichild(m): 6:50pm On Feb 15, 2009
@gamine
Really i'm so behind u. We shud get the dvd.

@grafikdon
I think the amount of saliva i've lost from drooling over ur screenshots is enuff to fill two cups shocked haha!what were u expecting?tanks? grin
Neeways, nice job and all the best
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Shaz(f): 3:23am On Feb 17, 2009
@grafikdon,

The Mark of Uru ep's 1-3 is the Bomb! Keep it up mehn. .
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by confetti(f): 9:56am On Feb 25, 2009
great pix of work here
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by mayrho(m): 1:52pm On Feb 25, 2009
Guys,

I think this works are gr8.
What we need now is collabos u guys need to come 2geda make cartoons animated movies and stuff.
I wont mind being on the board to source for funds for this.
I believe in this guys keep it up
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by cvibe: 8:07pm On Feb 25, 2009
Nice job.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by hexgear(m): 12:09am On Feb 26, 2009
Firstly, i'd just like to say that i'm overwhelmed by the shear quality of the artwork on this thread. You guys should keep it up.

I just thought i'd make a small contribution, I worked on these designs a while ago when i first got my Wacom. I make games as a hobby and these character concepts are from a project of mine. There's an entire mythology behind the game that centres around good versus evil but the challenge was to come up with designs for characters that weren't your typical Angel and Demon.

The Æon
For this character i asked myself; "what if running heaven was like running a business?".  So i fitted the character with a suit, complete with tie and clip, keeping the outter colours light so he wouldn't be mistaken for a bad guy and got creative with the inner colours for that "standout" look. Maroon is a bold colour to wear with cream. In terms of time period, i was going for a 1930's industrial age gangster, hence the fancy shoes. Angels are warriors, and i admire the Japanese Samurai so i made the character asian and in an unorthodox move; fitted him with a full-arm gauntlet armour piece untop of his suit. Not everyone will agree with the logic behind this, but "Art doesn't ask for opinion", and you must agree, it makes for an insteresting design choice. Finally we have the wings, you can't forget the wings!

The Dæmon
This character isn't yet finnished, I was going for a pure bad-ass look, scary yet cool, inspired by Akuma from Street Fighter and Goku (SS4) from Dragon Ball Z. I wanted a bad guy you would like and respect. The Demon signs are there; the horns, sharp teeth, ugly animal-like appearance, fur etc. The character loves to fight so minimal clothing made sense (no shoes, torn trousers and rope for a belt) and i gave him that athletic "read-for-anything" build. The chest guard doubles as a holster for a very unqiue weapon (i felt your typical sword would be out of place). The colours had to be ugly, dark and gloomy; black (fur) and dark grey (skin) fit nicely but i made the hair light coloured because i loved the contrast. The glowing tattoos are more for style than anything else and the glowing red eyes were a last minute addition that i reckon fit pretty nicely.

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Kemjisuper(m): 8:31am On Feb 26, 2009
@Hexgear
Wow! Guy! Where did you come from This art is really good! Game character creation huh? This I gotta try! cool
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Kemjisuper(m): 8:49am On Feb 26, 2009
Here's something I did playing around a lil while back.

NAME: Kannibaal
CHARACTER COMPOSITION: 75%human 25%wolf
STRENGTH: Full Moon brings rejuvenation
WEAKNESS: Sign of the Crucifix

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by muppet: 10:27am On Feb 26, 2009
na wa o'
so Nigeria still get people with Talents like this.
im impressed.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 5:50pm On Feb 26, 2009
Viper. A CGI model for the Live version of Mark of Uru.

Modo/LightwaveP: Modeling

Bodypaint/Photoshop: Textures

Softimage: Rigging

Lightwave: rendering

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 5:51pm On Feb 26, 2009
Close Up. . .

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 5:53pm On Feb 26, 2009
Progress. . .

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Kemjisuper(m): 10:09am On Feb 27, 2009
Some closeups of Kannibaal! cool

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by mailchinny(f): 4:19pm On Mar 03, 2009
hello,am okoli ifunanya.i work with law union & rock insurance plc,a subsidiary of skyebank plc.i love ur works,they r inspiring and i bet u spent a fortune to get them n they must be very precious to you.

but what will u do when u wake up one morning,and they are all gone either stolen or burnt by fire God forbid may it never happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!but lets come to reality hw do u hope to start again if this accident happens?
But if u can insure it under fire and burglary insurance,it is secured.u dont have to bother urself in the event of this accident bicos u wont bear the whole risk alone.the rate is 0.75% of the value of ur gallery both the art works n other office equipment.

it is the best decision to take it wont cost u anything just to protect your works.if u nid further briefing,pls call me on 08036627156 or mailchinny@yahoo.com.i luk forward to hear fro u soon.keep on with ur art works cos they are inspiring.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by zPixel(m): 7:03pm On Mar 03, 2009
will u guys actually sit down and recreate the gallery if it gets stolen or burnt by fire?    undecided Lol.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by resichild(m): 9:55pm On Mar 03, 2009
Oh boy! Naija is developing. Insurance again in Art section. Guy u are just too much wink
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by mumfutout(m): 2:19pm On Mar 05, 2009
lee,cool stuff.wat software did u use.
cool stuff man.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Kemjisuper(m): 11:48am On Mar 07, 2009
Hey! The Graphics section is drying out once again! Where's all the talent going? World Economic Graphics downturn? undecided
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 9:37pm On Mar 11, 2009
Contemplating a 3D "futuristic" version of Mark of Uru. . . "Mark of Uru 2020" grin

Still trying to figure out the most appropriate hair style, perhaps Afro Thunder. . . undecided undecided

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Kemjisuper(m): 8:15am On Mar 12, 2009
Whoa! Oga Grafikdon, you don come again! That's a pretty interesting concept - Mark of Uru 2020. Kinda like the 'Highlanders' who are immortal and live to continue their never ending battle between Good and Evil.

Hope your biggest challenge is not the hairstyles - LoL grin

Try mine!

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 8:39am On Mar 12, 2009
Lol, nah, hairstyles can never be the biggest challenge. I am trying to cut down on them wigs or fry fry hair but all my characters can't have afro and braids. . .and bald head, there's gotta be those wigs somewhere and the fry fry hair do, so I have to figure out who gets what. But the primary character gotta spot a very short Afro Thunder or braids, maybe dada. . . grin
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Kemjisuper(m): 9:27am On Mar 12, 2009
I think I'd like the dada concept. Dreadlocks maybe? wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (41) (Reply)

Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs / Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge / Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.