Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,492 members, 7,878,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 03:22 PM

2d/3d Art Gallery - Art, Graphics & Video (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 2d/3d Art Gallery (110612 Views)

Second Ad Contest Gallery & Results / 2d Traditional/Classical Animation Corner. / Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by reactor: 2:22pm On Mar 20, 2009
gess we r bak from our 3 day 24 hour curfew. i was thinking we had to open another thread. probably seek asylum in a thread far away from the graphics video thread just to escape persecution. maybe one of those love threads and sign a treaty to do some sweet love wall papers for them grin. it seems lik my days are numbered anyway. its only a matter of time before the government sends assassins to take me out and silence or at least jail me 4 speakin my mind. . in case some of u wonderin. i didnt edit any damn thing!
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 3:11pm On Mar 20, 2009
Ok folks now that' we've gone through the hilarious gut busting comedy (really, I had a good laugh) and the thread like that dead guy Lazarus has been pulled back to the land of the living grin grin, it's posting time. Feel free to post what you believe is your best effort for the moment. If you're scared of critiques, you probably may wait till Jesus comes crashing down with Aba made 5 legged wingless unicorn. Your work will not appeal to everyone, no matter how advanced, that's a fact and it is not necessarily a bad thing. So post and develop some thick skin. You will be amazed at the magnitude of growth you will garner in the process.

Kemji, based on my observations, I honestly do not believe people are forcing you to lay off Poser. I believe their point is to make poser the secondary tool and not the other way round, as a beginner. I know about professionals who have been doing amazing works with poser but they ALL have strong background in either Lightwave or Max and have worked for Game Giants like Electronic Arts, Acclaim and Konami. One of these guys now uses mostly Poser for his indie and freelance work and the results do not look like those generic monotonous Poser stuff you see all over the net, I am sure that by now you know why his poser stuff is unique.

I have used poser once in a project in 2006. Initially Poser was not mentioned throughout the negotiations and I thought it was the usual  Modo-XSi-Lightwave affair until the client said he wanted the stuff done in Poser because he intended to manipulate the production files afterward. My initial reaction was "Oh Chit!!!! #$#!!!***!@#!angry angry angry". . . but the money was damn good grin. Still not willing to mess with poser, I started to preach the gospel according to the books of pixels and polygons, hoping to convert the client to the Redeemed Church of Lightwave and XSI but I failed, WOEFULLY!!! Well how bad can it be?. . . I accepted the gig, picked up Poser and knocked my self out for two days. On the third day I gave him sample (I created all the assets in Modo and Lightwave).

Learning poser was the most frustrating thing in my entire 3D animation journey, not because it was difficult, but rather it made mockery of almost all the concepts that are obtainable from Lightwave/Max/XSI/Maya/C4D. I got the hang of it through that project and never used Poser again. I will use it again in a project if the money is good, but I am not really praying for that day to come. You can see it will be easier for you to get the hang of Poser when you have figured out even the basic concepts of dedicated 3D apps. The other way round, NO, definitely NO. Better to crunch the tough numbers earlier and pounce on the less stressful ones later.  If you're scared of modeling, you don't have to be a modeler, you can  focus on textures and animation. You can even bring your poser models into XSI/Lightwave/Max/Maya?C4d and reduce those gazillion polygons.

In the end, it's your call. You can use the app you like but if that app is Poser, don't use it with the notion that it will help you understand the basic concepts of Lightwave/Max/Maya/XSI/C4D because that is not gonna happen. Therefore, if you're EVER looking forward to using ANY of the ''5 Boyz"  grin You better drop Poser like it is hot,  ASAP grin. Once you're done one of the "5 Boyz" Poser will be a piece of cake. Sure it will be frustrating during the first days but you'll get the hang of it. It's a good tool if used properly but IMHO, it shouldn't be the primary tool of any serious 3D artist.

Man, I hate long posts but sometimes you gotta bite the fragg'n bullet. . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Kemjisuper(m): 3:45pm On Mar 20, 2009
Aww cheesy

@Grafikdon
Thanks man. Good to have you back and I'm happy the thread's cleaned up too.

Cheers grin
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by reactor: 3:55pm On Mar 20, 2009
grafikdon you really shud hav chipped in much sooner cuz your opinion here is like the holy grail of 3d. at least kemji mit see that even me that he sees as an enemy of his progress actually told him the truth and some solid advice. and that he wud actualy listen and not jus include u in the long list of enemies like soji , resi, okx etc. if your opinion dont help then nothin in nairaland will. and please guys as grafikdon said feel free to post your works this is not a firing squad.just dont go out of your way to impress (and decieve yourself)at the expense of others. i mentioned it in one of my posts which was deleted by the moderator but i mean so well for this forum because i got my job because of this fourm and i am living the nairaland dream.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by spyemy(m): 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2009
I am yet to texture the eyes and body,  just rushed the eye so i can post,  i have not really had time still working on the rig of the previous character,

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by spyemy(m): 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2009
work

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by slimworks: 8:36pm On Mar 20, 2009
reactor my man take things easy, no be fight cos if it were may be u wont survive,if u guys think u r such geniuses here then lets all have a real face to face compitition not just post works u cant prove is urs or claiming u can use 10,000000 softwares lets pick a location date and have a show down, winner takes all, not just bragin rights an intel i7 desktop, i hope u know what that means,pure power in the form of a desktop pc, inshort lets continue later, i need to go and work, cheers
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by emmakc(m): 2:15am On Mar 21, 2009
Thank goodness u ltr came back to ur senses. Jst go and work and stop suspecting originality and credibility. If i were as good as you guy, i bet you i wuld be posting works often.
And abeg make una help me. Where can i buy these softwares down south east. Am based in enugu. 07033256154, emmakchinedu@yahoo.com
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by slimworks: 9:45am On Mar 21, 2009
computer village, lagos thats the only place i know man, point taken man! thanks
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by slimworks: 9:48am On Mar 21, 2009
but if there's so much 3d skill in this land how come,our tv programs and ads still look like , yamayama grin
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by sojioguns(m): 2:45pm On Mar 21, 2009
@slimworks, I would really wish to see that battle and you in the centre of it. One more thing: WHy are you insulting our work in Nigeria when you have made no effort to make them better? Let us see your work!
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by emmakc(m): 8:38pm On Mar 21, 2009
Honestly speaking, befor i entered NairaLand, i never believed Nigeria had talents. My collegues dwn here who dont even knw Graphics, find it difficult to share ideas, always believing that there works/ideas will be stolen.

But on joining nairaland my mentality changed. And now i can tell u guys that very soon my works will be published. I want to share ideas and gain ideas. Now they respect my works and find it difficult to comprehend hw sharing of ideas bring more ideas.

I put it to any egocentric person, if we can have things like nairaland allover nigeria, Walt Disney no go dare us. We are powered by the african spirit
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by spyemy(m): 11:45pm On Mar 21, 2009
Did this today,

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by resichild(m): 8:26pm On Mar 22, 2009
Damn. I.ve away for quite a while but DAMN. This thread has been crazy funny for the past three pages. It all reminds me of those rappers dissing themselves all over their lyrics. But in this case none of u hav an album and u aint gonna sell platinum grin

Anyways, U guys should let every one slide. We are all different in our ways. Nice, humble, crazy, fatherly, punkish, stupid, infertile, serial killers etc i could keep going on and on. Their's just two ways outta of this whole shinenigan:
1. Ignore threads of posters u dont like
2. Move to another thread if u cant grin ;Dpissants anymore.

Simple as that. I'm not on anyone's side, just a watcher who felt i should say something since i was "honourably" mentioned by reactor( i take off my hat for u bro).

But i must say, it has been really funny grin grin grin

One last thing, @Omnipotens Dude??Orders?On a public thread?It dont work that way, OKX was rite on that one. No biff, just stating a fact. Nice going ya'all cheesy
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by slimworks: 8:19pm On Mar 23, 2009
this was a test render for a compitition i entered in feb this year, most of what i have are jobs for people i cant show ontill they have been aired or concept for future projects, so pls manage this one guys, i'll start making renders strictly for my fellow nairaland 3Der's, as for the compitition i 'm serious,i think we should start meeting in person, rather than this cyber warfare

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Neikid: 11:13pm On Mar 24, 2009
just tot to add a little somthing to the tread,
see what happens when u think too much!
just a head model, texture & polycruster fire using C4d.

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by TOYOSI20(f): 3:16am On Mar 25, 2009
WOW!!!! shocked shocked cool cool cool

This is raw talent and creativity at its best for real, . . . .

I'm loving this so much y'all . . . . . .KUDOS!!!! wink smiley
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by No2Atheism(m): 3:19am On Mar 25, 2009
TOYOSI20:

WOW!!!! shocked shocked cool cool cool

This is raw talent and creativity at its best for real, . . . .

I'm loving this so much y'all . . . . . .KUDOS!!!! wink smiley

come on toyosi i have been pursuing u all over nairaland, tell me how to contact u.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by reactor: 10:19am On Mar 25, 2009
slimworks urmm are you goin to sponsor the competition or what. you know you need money for stuff like that.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by grafikdon: 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2009
Yup. Lots of money or someone will be coming to the ''battle'' venue with a brand new ''bulala'' to smack the chit out of the dude for drawing 'em out for no good reason. . . grin
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by slimworks: 9:25am On Mar 26, 2009
ofcause i'll need alot of money for the compitition and u guys are gona give it,cos the application form is gona cost like 5,000 grand and the winner is gona take all cos its an underground thing, venues will be sent by text to contestants a day to the showdown,so if u guys and garls think u are ready to know how good u really are be ready and start practicing, judges will will base judgements on three things knowledge,concept and design, will be posting soon, cheers!
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by xothermik(m): 2:17pm On Mar 26, 2009
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Kemjisuper(m): 5:26pm On Mar 26, 2009
Sweet! grin grin grin
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by emmakc(m): 12:14am On Mar 28, 2009
Just today, after searching 4 maya or poser, i happed to see maya 2008 software, although its d copy i happen to buy it since am desperately in need of the software. But the problem is that after installation, it requested 4 the serial number which i couldnt find on d cd. Pls can any one help me. Am in Enugu and would love to take part in d competition. Emmakchinedu@yahoo.com, 07033256154, 08020373341. Its a plea, as i will be greatful to any one. If i can see the original here, i will buy. Pls help dear ones
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by slimworks: 8:49am On Mar 30, 2009
imagine this kind of alien casen

Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Kemjisuper(m): 10:03am On Mar 30, 2009
@Slimworks
WiCkEd!!! shocked (literally) cool
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by sojioguns(m): 10:07am On Mar 30, 2009
Nice slim. Your designs have this dark edge to them. What about your animation skills? Do you animate these nice models? I mean for TV?
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by idygurl(f): 4:03pm On Mar 30, 2009
Wow! Quite a lot has been going down since when last I was last here. And what's with all the picking on kemjisuper? undecided
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Omoosedabi: 8:20pm On Mar 30, 2009
Hmm. you guys just keep on blowing my mind, whalewale how did you do that hostel design stuff.?
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by Omoosedabi: 8:41pm On Mar 30, 2009
tobbie u called that little contribution. well for your information that is a good one. how did u do dat. infact you people are making me feel inferior , cos i can only work with coreldraw. dats all. what do i need to learn more\? i hope i will post some good work some day.
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by CGKing(m): 2:54pm On Mar 31, 2009
Pls I will need u guys to pardon me for this little diversion, I am not sure
starting a new thread will be apropriate.

grafikdon, damseremie, OKX, zpixel, pls How can I contact you guys.
Pls It is quite urgent and I may need ur contacts today if possible.

Hit me on cgkingslo@yahoo.com and 08028275384
Re: 2d/3d Art Gallery by dueal(m): 11:08pm On Apr 03, 2009
just posting guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (41) (Reply)

Mobile Photographers: Show Off Your Stuffs / Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge / Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.