Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,546 members, 7,917,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 01:36 PM

Life In The Usa As A Student. - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In The Usa As A Student. (141460 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by virginofafrica(m): 7:25pm On Aug 16, 2013
Hear of some people saying community college and university please what is the different?
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by imperiouxx(m): 7:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
virginofafrica: Hear of some people saying community college and university please what is the different?

Community college: you'll get associated degree equivalent to Nigeria diploma

University: You can get BS, MS or Ph.D
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by virginofafrica(m): 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

Community college: you'll get associated degree equivalent to Nigeria diploma

University: You can get BS, MS or Ph.D
but i intend to take economis in a good university in texas when i get there. Is it okay. I will also appricate your responds thanks
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by GboyegaD(m): 6:37pm On Aug 19, 2013
virginofafrica: but i intend to take economis in a good university in texas when i get there. Is it okay. I will also appricate your responds thanks

You can take your core classes at a community college and then transfer to a university to complete your degree.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by worry359(m): 6:53pm On Aug 19, 2013
virginofafrica: Hear of some people saying community college and university please what is the different?
University is good quality private or public school
Community college is lower class education and qualificationd are not liked by employers.
Visa authority know this and normally refuse visa for comunity col.

1 Like

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by virginofafrica(m): 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2013
worry 359:
University is good quality private or public school
Community college is lower class education and qualificationd are not liked by employers.
Visa authority know this and normally refuse visa for comunity col.
thank you very much that really give me a sound ideal
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by virginofafrica(m): 9:18pm On Sep 07, 2013
Please house ! Taking criminal justics in sam houston university, please do you guys have any ideas on the requirement for freshman. Please your reply is needed
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by imperiouxx(m): 9:30am On Sep 08, 2013
virginofafrica: Please house ! Taking criminal justics in sam houston university, please do you guys have any ideas on the requirement for freshman. Please your reply is needed

Ask those your school questions on student visa thread. Got admission for a graduate program there but went for the other.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by simpleE: 7:27pm On Sep 08, 2013
Good day.... i want advise on this. I have admission to a US school for masters this fall session and i have my F-1 visa too. I am now in the US and genuinely intend to study but i'm having difficulties with finances. I was to buy some goods for some clients and send them to Nigeria and my profit from it was what i intended using for tuition fees. But unfortunately my clients backed out and asked for a refund which i have returned to them. Now i don't have any means of paying my tuition. I'l like to seek advise from the house on what to do. What advise would you have for me in-order not to fall out of status? I do want to study but funding isn't possible now. I've been to the US twice on visits and never breached any laws..... Which Websites can i search on to see if i can get scholarships if possible or if it isn't late for this sessions
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by imperiouxx(m): 7:53pm On Sep 08, 2013
simpleE: Good day.... i want advise on this. I have admission to a US school for masters this fall session and i have my F-1 visa too. I am now in the US and genuinely intend to study but i'm having difficulties with finances. I was to buy some goods for some clients and send them to Nigeria and my profit from it was what i intended using for tuition fees. But unfortunately my clients backed out and asked for a refund which i have returned to them. Now i don't have any means of paying my tuition. I'l like to seek advise from the house on what to do. What advise would you have for me in-order not to fall out of status? I do want to study but funding isn't possible now. I've been to the US twice on visits and never breached any laws..... Which Websites can i search on to see if i can get scholarships if possible or if it isn't late for this sessions

Enter a payment plan.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by simpleE: 9:19pm On Sep 08, 2013
imperiouxx:

Enter a payment plan.

Even if i do enter a payment plan, i may not have means of paying.. And i doubt if a 4hrs a day part time job will pay the bills
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by rawlizo(m): 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
Greetings 2 all. Wana tnk y'all 4 d grt work, it shows d munificient character dat's rare dis days. I've bn getting a lot of useful tips by jst perusing tru dis thread. You pple ar wonderful. Finally took d GRE, but surprisingly fell short(294); verbal(148), quant(146). My question 2 everybody in d hux is, Is dere any hope of getting admission wit aid wit dis low scores? My CGPA is 3.78. Tho my penultimate nd final year performance was nice.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by bigfrancis21: 8:44am On Sep 09, 2013
rawlizo: Hello frds,am abt 2 take d GRE, petroleum engineering and seriously looking 4 skls dat can give waivers, assistanship. Pls advice

Rawlizo! I see you! cool
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by imperiouxx(m): 3:01pm On Sep 09, 2013
simpleE:

Even if i do enter a payment plan, i may not have means of paying.. And i doubt if a 4hrs a day part time job will pay the bills

That mean you're expecting nothing from Nigeria. With the 5 to 6 times payment, I think that should buy you some time than being asked to pay everything at once. The last payment can also be carried to the next semester.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by virginofafrica(m): 10:06am On Sep 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

Ask those your school questions on student visa thread. Got admission for a graduate program there but went for the other.
not a student visa but a permanent resident visa.from the information i got they required a transit from the high school i finished from, i don't understand for i only have NECO statement of result. please how can i get a transit from my school.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by rawlizo(m): 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Rawlizo! I see you! cool
Hon. Francis I greet u. Still waitin 4 d list of skls wit waivers 4 Pet eng
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by imperiouxx(m): 1:34am On Sep 11, 2013
virginofafrica: not a student visa but a permanent resident visa.from the information i got they required a transit from the high school i finished from, i don't understand for i only have NECO statement of result. please how can i get a transit from my school.

I know you are not on F1 but everything like school processing in US can be answered there.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by yemego: 11:28pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hello great pips in d house, i greet Ʊ all. Please do we have anyone in d house dat attends University of Central Missouri or University of Bridgeport? i need some help please.......
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 12:53am On Sep 16, 2013
Please house, do we have anyone who is/was a student of East Tennessee State Univeristy, Johnson City, USA. Whether as graduate or undergraduate. Pls, tell me your experience generally.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by phy: 5:27am On Sep 16, 2013
simpleE: Good day.... i want advise on this. I have admission to a US school for masters this fall session and i have my F-1 visa too. I am now in the US and genuinely intend to study but i'm having difficulties with finances. I was to buy some goods for some clients and send them to Nigeria and my profit from it was what i intended using for tuition fees. But unfortunately my clients backed out and asked for a refund which i have returned to them. Now i don't have any means of paying my tuition. I'l like to seek advise from the house on what to do. What advise would you have for me in-order not to fall out of status? I do want to study but funding isn't possible now. I've been to the US twice on visits and never breached any laws..... Which Websites can i search on to see if i can get scholarships if possible or if it isn't late for this sessions

If you have a relative or friend that is a citizen or Green card holder and they trust you, you can take a student loan and ask them to cosign for you. In most cases, you can not get a scholarship in your first semester. You can get a scholarship either with your admission (prior to starting your program) or after the first semester when you have a GPA.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Tochium: 6:53am On Nov 02, 2013
yemego: Hello great pips in d house, i greet Ʊ all. Please do we have anyone in d house dat attends University of Central Missouri or University of Bridgeport? i need some help please.......

I got admission to study Health Science at the University of Bridgeport..... Will be going for my visa interview soon.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by flynbird(f): 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
This thread is asleep.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 08, 2013
flynbird: This thread is asleep.

embarassed a very deep sleep. I wish we could revive it. cry
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seunmatt: 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2013
Amefrica:

embarassed a very deep sleep. I wish we could revive it. cry

How do we revive it?
Please how much can one spend as a student in a year on feeding, transport, housing and books in d usa?
School fees havin been sorted?
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
seun.matt:

How do we revive it?
Please how much can one spend as a student in a year on feeding, transport, housing and books in d usa?
School fees havin been sorted?

It depends on the location of your school.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seunmatt: 3:45am On Nov 09, 2013
Amefrica:

It depends on the location of your school.

@ Amefrica- The school's on the east side. Tryn to get a place off campus- wats d cheapest accomodatn I can get? $200 a month? Is dt possible

1 Like

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by lisadem: 3:58am On Nov 09, 2013
seun.matt:

@ Amefrica- The school's on the east side. Tryn to get a place off campus- wats d cheapest accomodatn I can get? $200 a month? Is dt possible

There are different States in the East with different costs of living. Be specific on the state even if you are gonna conceal your school name. However, i doubt if you will find a good apartment at that rate. your best bet is to be on the look out for a roommate so both of you can share the apartment rent and other utility bills - electricity, water, internet etc
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Tochium: 6:32am On Nov 09, 2013
lisadem:

There are different States in the East with different costs of living. Be specific on the state even if you are gonna conceal your school name. However, i doubt if you will find a good apartment at that rate. your best bet is to be on the look out for a roommate so both of you can share the apartment rent and other utility bills - electricity, water, internet etc

What about accommodation in Virginia?
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 09, 2013
seun.matt:

What State precisely?
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seunmatt: 3:33pm On Nov 09, 2013
@ Amefrica- massachusetts in d usa

Thanks a lot
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
seun.matt:
@ Amefrica- massachusetts in d usa

Thanks a lot

That state is expensive oo. Never been there but wait let Lisadem answer you. New York, Florida, California, Illinois and Massachusetts are very expensive for sure.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (29) (Reply)

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report? / Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. / Memoirs From Chile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.