Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,564 members, 7,917,787 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 03:18 PM

Life In The Usa As A Student. - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In The Usa As A Student. (141464 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by drdolittle1: 7:16pm On Jul 13, 2012
yankison:

I did not even see this post . Of course am coming to school , what else can USA offer me than education .moreover I am an academist and will come study and live because I am the next senate president

Bros I trust you jare...don't mind them. grin
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by demmyrulz(m): 9:25pm On Jul 13, 2012
Hello
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by imperiouxx(m): 1:07am On Jul 14, 2012
yankison:

I did not even see this post . Of course am coming to school , what else can USA offer me than education .moreover I am an academist and will come study and live because I am the next senate president

Stop talking like this. When you get here, you will see what US can offer you that Nigeria can never do, then you'll become mario and you keep saying you won't come back to Nigeria again. It's good to know you are coming to study and that senate president you talk about, have you forgotten that some of Nigeria big guys have their children long living all over America and Europe and these children are coming back to retain their father's throne. I don't see how that can be possible for you if we still have such people in Nigeria.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by drdolittle1: 9:57am On Jul 14, 2012
imperiouxx:

Stop talking like this. When you get here, you will see what US can offer you that Nigeria can never do, then you'll become mario and you keep saying you won't come back to Nigeria again. It's good to know you are coming to study and that senate president you talk about, have you forgotten that some of Nigeria big guys have their children long living all over America and Europe and these children are coming back to retain their father's throne. I don't see how that can be possible for you if we still have such people in Nigeria.

Baba take am easy o.. grin
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by darellrivers: 11:12pm On Jul 15, 2012
OzReal:
^^^
Yeah I feel you. Having an OXFORD certificate is really tempting, but like you I didn't even know about Notre Dame till I got here. Overall, that school is highly regarded in this country(really top notch). Anyway, good luck with whatever decision you finally make.

Thanks OzReal.. I'm finally going to Oxford! Will come to the US for Phd by God's grace! Thank God GRE is valid for 5years (3years for some schools).. Had to Reject Notre Dame! (Sob sob..they were so nice n warm)
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by demmyrulz(m): 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
@bosunjphns
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 22, 2012
HELLO fellas am a student of eastern Mediterranean university in turkish republic of northern cyprus and my family is not that rich and my mom is the only person sponsoring me and beside i thought there will be job here because i was schooling in university of calabar and my aim of coming here is schooling and working too.but i find a school in north dakota paying 3900 dollars per semester please i want your advice should i pursue my dreams there or should i look for schools in europe.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by kpolli(m): 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2012
Mozehh: Guys, please can anyone give me advice on the best way to travel to new orleans from lagos. How should i book my flight to ensure i get the cheapest rates? Should i break the journey? What airline offers are available? Expected cost. Etc. That kind of stuff. Thanks in anticipation.

Hit me up, we myt be in the same shoes
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by obowunmi(m): 7:39am On Aug 04, 2012
Pls guys I'm single and searching.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seedord247(m): 9:36am On Aug 04, 2012
imperiouxx:

Stop talking like this. When you get here, you will see what US can offer you that Nigeria can never do, then you'll become mario and you keep saying you won't come back to Nigeria again. It's good to know you arye coming to study and that senate president you talk about, have you forgotten that some of Nigeria big guys have their children long living all over America and Europe and these children are coming back to retain their father's throne. I don't see how that can be possible for you if we still have such people in Nigeria.

I dont expect this from you.

From a straight point of view. USA offers nothing than education. I have seen so many masters graduate doing slave job here in USA. And i know so many of them going back after their studies in Usa.... They are doing great more than i expect.

Since you are trying to judge the guy that he cant be the next senate president. . what gives u the assurance that u can get a job of upto $16 after your masters and what makes u think u can get the greencard without passing thru the MOKO way. grin

According to your signature. . . You said u have tasted the both side, you've not tasted anything broo. Try and move out of the state u are. U will know say. USA NA WORLD NOT A COUNTRY.

What u need here is experience. After that nothing. Unless u want to join the league of food stamp united in houston. grin
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by bukahands(m): 10:19am On Aug 04, 2012
I am planning on coming to the US next year for Med school any tip from u guys wud b appreciated as in what to expect and co
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 04, 2012
ik.swiss:
HELLO fellas am a student of eastern Mediterranean university in turkish republic of northern cyprus and my family is not that rich and my mom is the only person sponsoring me and beside i thought there will be job here because i was schooling in university of calabar and my aim of coming here is schooling and working too.but i find a school in north dakota paying 3900 dollars per semester please i want your advice should i pursue my dreams there or should i look for schools in europe.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by imperiouxx(m): 6:10pm On Aug 05, 2012
seedord247:

I dont expect this from you.

From a straight point of view. USA offers nothing than education. I have seen so many masters graduate doing slave job here in USA. And i know so many of them going back after their studies in Usa.... They are doing great more than i expect.

Since you are trying to judge the guy that he cant be the next senate president. . what gives u the assurance that u can get a job of upto $16 after your masters and what makes u think u can get the greencard without passing thru the MOKO way. grin

According to your signature. . . You said u have tasted the both side, you've not tasted anything broo. Try and move out of the state u are. U will know say. USA NA WORLD NOT A COUNTRY.

What u need here is experience. After that nothing. Unless u want to join the league of food stamp united in houston. grin

Got your message late.

Question: Have I ever have any clash with you?

Guess what, it's because I know you as my brother and from where? in Twinsnet, Isiba, Itire. My level of thinking is far more than yours, for your info my PhD admission is on the way. Also, I earn far more than what you quote up there now, I earn $22/hr as a student which Nigeria govt can't afford as minimum wage for civil servants. Since you don't know and care to know, I'm getting the greencard with my Doctorate degree when it's time. Hope you got it now?

Have more questions?

Mind you, I won't tolerate any insult from you. Ok?

1 Like

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seedord247(m): 8:12am On Aug 06, 2012
imperiouxx:

Got your message late.

Question: Have I ever have any clash with you?

Guess what, it's because I know you as my brother and from where? in Twinsnet, Isiba, Itire. My level of thinking is far more than yours, for your info my PhD admission is on the way. Also, I earn far more than what you quote up there now, I earn $22/hr as a student which Nigeria govt can't afford as minimum wage for civil servants. Since you don't know and care to know, I'm getting the greencard with my Doctorate degree when it's time. Hope you got it now?

Have more questions?

Mind you, I won't tolerate any insult from you. Ok?

Professor OLOTO.

1. Can you kindly show me where i insult you?

2. My first statement should have tell you that, your comments seems tangled.

3. You said, You wont tolerate any insults from me, but you shadow a statements saying " Your level of thinking is far more better" (which means my level of reasoning is very low) cool

4. Like seriously, Do you think i give a F**king care if you know me from Isale Eko, we are here to give our opinion and fact based on what we know. If you think you knowing me can give u enough gumption to insult me, I'll advice you to do so, bcus if you really know me as you said, you'd know that i don't care or give a sh*t of what pple say about me.

5. I replied to your comments based on the way you fuss at that guy comments. we're all entitled to our wish. If you think that staying in USA is the best way to accomplished your goals in life( I pray God help and bless you in all Your endeavors).

6. The way you see things is different from the way i see things. Have a Blessed Night. angry
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 06, 2012
HELLO fellas am a student of eastern Mediterranean university in turkish republic of northern cyprus and my family is not that rich and my mom is the only person sponsoring me and beside i thought there will be job here because i was schooling in university of calabar and my aim of coming here is schooling and working too.but i find a school in north dakota paying 3900 dollars per semester please i want your advice should i pursue my dreams there or should i look for schools in europe.HELP IS NEEDED HERE PLEASE
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seedord247(m): 10:38am On Aug 06, 2012
ik.swiss:

HELLO fellas am a student of eastern Mediterranean university in turkish republic of northern cyprus and my family is not that rich and my mom is the only person sponsoring me and beside i thought there will be job here because i was schooling in university of calabar and my aim of coming here is schooling and working too.but i find a school in north dakota paying 3900 dollars per semester please i want your advice should i pursue my dreams there or should i look for schools in europe.HELP IS NEEDED HERE PLEASE

Though, it's not that easy here also, but I'd advice u to transfer down here. And if you get a good GPA, the school may give you scholarship and you may eventually qualify for Work permit. cool

Btw, If you get the I20, where do you plan to have your interview?
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
bro i intent applying in turkey but i was told that you can't apply for schooling visa in another country but do you think going back to nigeria and applying is a good one
seedord247:

Though, it's not that easy here also, but I'd advice u to transfer down here. And if you get a good GPA, the school may give you scholarship and you may eventually qualify for Work permit. cool

Btw, If you get the I20, where do you plan to have your interview?
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by seedord247(m): 1:11pm On Aug 06, 2012
ik.swiss:
bro i intent applying in turkey but i was told that you can't apply for schooling visa in another country but do you think going back to nigeria and applying is a good one

I dont know how it work. But i think its a 2 way lane. I had a frnd that applied from canada. He was granted and i also have one that try to applied in trindad and tobago. They rejected him. They said unleess he appply from naija.

All you neeed to do is ask the US embassy in turkey if they grant such request. If yes, fine and if no, you need to think about the risk of coming to naija to apply for VISA.

Just think twice. wink
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by oreroyce(m): 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
Can anyone help.....I want to come to the states to study....Civil Engineering but don't know which university to apply to and most of them seem very expensive...Am presently in Lautech now but wouldn't mind starting afresh...no TOEFL IETS or SAT just my NECO o'level
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
ok thanks bro
seedord247:

I dont know how it work. But i think its a 2 way lane. I had a frnd that applied from canada. He was granted and i also have one that try to applied in trindad and tobago. They rejected him. They said unleess he appply from naija.

All you neeed to do is ask the US embassy in turkey if they grant such request. If yes, fine and if no, you need to think about the risk of coming to naija to apply for VISA.

Just think twice. wink
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by imperiouxx(m): 1:05am On Aug 08, 2012
@seedord,

I keep missing this thread. I believe the subject is mature enough to speak for himself, it's business between me and him and no one else. You jumping into the discussion, quoting and questioning me is uncalled for and read through your post once more, you get the idea of what your post says (turning out to be insult which I won't accept from you). Back to the main issue, US offers more than education that's why many after their schooling don't want to go back home. Even those that used school route gain entrance to US keep roaming US streets up and down and still they don't pray to go back to Nigeria even with how badly they are being exploit to get their daily food. What can we say about those second set of people? Is US not offering more than education to them? One shouldn't be talking anyhow of a place he/she prayed and fasted to enter because he/she wants to boast of his/her ego.

Moreover, me saying ''my level of thinking is far more than yours'' in this context means I think beyond the limit quoted in your statement up there about your expectations after master's degree...Relate the statement with other sentence very well again. There are many good and neat ways of getting greencard without involved in dirty marry for papers of a thing, I hope you got one of those ways straight from my plans and won't ask me how?
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by phy: 2:24am On Aug 08, 2012
@spookie, are you in town now?
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by spookie: 5:01pm On Aug 08, 2012
yea Phy, came in a couple of days ago...I ve been trying to get settled.....how are u? whats the 411? I'm in fullerton @ the moment.hook me up bro,we got to talk.have a lovely day.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by phy: 3:21am On Aug 09, 2012
Pls for the purpose of privacy, can we meet by the traffic light by your school (Nutwood and commonwealth) at 10:30am tomorrow. Hope that works.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by spookie: 7:29am On Aug 09, 2012
Thats ok by me,see you then
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by phy: 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2012
spookie: Thats ok by me,see you then

I am currently for you at the place.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by spookie: 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2012
@Phy ,my friend is suppose to bring me over but he's not a home at the moment.u know how difficult it is to get around without a car. so i might not be able to make it as scheduled.pls keep checking for my post. I should be able to come before 12noon or u can inbox me ur digits dundealerco@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by phy: 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2012
spookie: @Phy ,my friend is suppose to bring me over but he's not a home at the moment.u know how difficult it is to get around without a car. so i might not be able to make it as scheduled.pls keep checking for my post. I should be able to come before 12noon or u can inbox me ur digits dundealerco@yahoo.com. Thanks

sent
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by emmanuelson20: 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2012
Good Evening Everyone, i have a friend who got an admission to study in the US & every other documents needed for a visa interview are ready but to his surprise, he couldn't get an appointment interview date for the past few weeks. Although, i advised he should defer his studies till spring, but he said deferring will nullify the Partial Scholarship granted as rightly stated in his I-20 form & e-mailed by the director of international programs. Its obvious his chances of getting a date is very slim, but we are hoping for a miracle. Please house, your assistance is highly needed in the area of getting him a date preferrably 17 Aug-22 Aug. Thanks a lot. Peace.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by spookie: 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2012
I know somebody that could help you get an appointment date but its going to be for a fee,lets say about 25k, if u re interested let me so i can hook you up.This is just my own bit though.secondly, if you go down this thread you will find tips of how to do it yourself and be able to get the date you desire. whatever you decide to do,I wish you Gods favour.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by kpolli(m): 8:00pm On Aug 11, 2012
emmanuelson20: Good Evening Everyone, i have a friend who got an admission to study in the US & every other documents needed for a visa interview are ready but to his surprise, he couldn't get an appointment interview date for the past few weeks. Although, i advised he should defer his studies till spring, but he said deferring will nullify the Partial Scholarship granted as rightly stated in his I-20 form & e-mailed by the director of international programs. Its obvious his chances of getting a date is very slim, but we are hoping for a miracle. Please house, your assistance is highly needed in the area of getting him a date preferrably 17 Aug-22 Aug. Thanks a lot. Peace.

Has he requested for emergency date?
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by emmanuelson20: 8:06pm On Aug 11, 2012
spookie: I know somebody that could help you get an appointment date but its going to be for a fee,lets say about 25k, if u re interested let me so i can hook you up.This is just my own bit though.secondly, if you go down this thread you will find tips of how to do it yourself and be able to get the date you desire. whatever you decide to do,I wish you Gods favour.
Thanks my bro, am interested as far as its genuine & would give my friend the opportunity of resuming in the us this fall. Moreover, doing it himself would be great, but how? Can you send the number to my nairaland account now? Once again, thanks a lot. GOD BLESS YOU, AMEN. Peace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply)

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report? / Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. / Memoirs From Chile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.