Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,139 members, 7,977,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 01:58 AM

Life In The Usa As A Student. - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In The Usa As A Student. (142105 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by emmanuelson20: 4:02am On Aug 12, 2012
kpolli:

Has he requested for emergency date?
How? Please explain. Thanks a lot. Peace.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by kpolli(m): 4:06am On Aug 12, 2012
emmanuelson20: How? Please explain. Thanks a lot. Peace.

He should login in like he wants to reschedule, then check his left menu bar. . . He wud see "request emergency appointment"
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by emmanuelson20: 4:12am On Aug 12, 2012
kpolli:

He should login in like he wants to reschedule, then check his left menu bar. . . He wud see "request emergency appointment"
Thanks a lot. Would let him know. But, is it as easy as that? How is your side? It is well. Once again, thanks. Peace.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by kpolli(m): 4:44am On Aug 12, 2012
Fine. . . Ur welcome, glad to be of service
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by emmanuelson20: 12:16pm On Aug 12, 2012
kpolli: Fine. . . Ur welcome, glad to be of service
Hi guy, am really grateful for your assistance. Please, can you describe how he can pay his servis fees @ cotonou? From Iyana Ipaja! Details please. Thanks a lot. PEACE.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by kpolli(m): 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2012
emmanuelson20: Hi guy, am really grateful for your assistance. Please, can you describe how he can pay his servis fees @ cotonou? From Iyana Ipaja! Details please. Thanks a lot. PEACE.

Go to the General USA (student visa) thread. . . . All these are there

I dunno how to, but someone wud be able to help u there
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by spookie: 1:18am On Aug 13, 2012
@Emmanuelson20 , your friend can pay in any of the Ecobank branches in cotonou, its as easy as that. and i think there are buses from Mile 2 to cotonou
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by emmanuelson20: 9:42am On Aug 13, 2012
spookie: @Emmanuelson20 , your friend can pay in any of the Ecobank branches in cotonou, its as easy as that. and i think there are buses from Mile 2 to cotonou
Thanks a lot. How your side? Peace.

1 Like

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by emmanuelson20: 8:06am On Aug 20, 2012
Good morning everyone, Please, my friend needs your advice. What document(s) should he go along with to the bank for his sevis fee? How much should he have on him for his sevis fee? How much for his trip from Iyana Iba to & fro? What currency should he have on him? Finally, Is there any additional fee requested on entry into the embassy for visa interview? Thanks. PEACE.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by kpolli(m): 2:03pm On Aug 22, 2012
Funny how discussions meant to be done here are done on the Visa post and visa questions are asked here angry
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by MsNas(f): 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2012
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by kpolli(m): 12:47am On Aug 25, 2012
Ms Nas: Hi everyone! I just stumbled upon this post and have a few questions of mine to ask as well. I graduated with physics albeit with kinda low grades. This is where my uncle came in, and advised me to look for schools that consider the last 60hrs of undergraduate studies for admission. I got in touch with UTSA and they did offer that option. My question is...is my plan feasible? My uncle, who happens to be an American citizen worked with the UN before he retired and has promised me steady allowance and internships during the summer months. Will my grade work against me during the Visa application process? Will very much like answes to my questions.
Btw...I have spring 2013 admissions to the University of Worcester and University of York, but those are for premasters, and my Dad and Uncle are against me going to the UK for premasters. Pls help!

It won't, the school don admit u, wetin concern them with ur grades
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by gongoaso1: 9:54pm On Aug 28, 2012
Ms Nas: Hi everyone! I just stumbled upon this post and have a few questions of mine to ask as well. I graduated with physics albeit with kinda low grades. This is where my uncle came in, and advised me to look for schools that consider the last 60hrs of undergraduate studies for admission. I got in touch with UTSA and they did offer that option. My question is...is my plan feasible? My uncle, who happens to be an American citizen worked with the UN before he retired and has promised me steady allowance and internships during the summer months. Will my grade work against me during the Visa application process? Will very much like answes to my questions.
Btw...I have spring 2013 admissions to the University of Worcester and University of York, but those are for premasters, and my Dad and Uncle are against me going to the UK for premasters. Pls help!

What is your question exactly again?

BTW, nothing concerns the embassy with your grades. They are not the ones who gave you admission.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 31, 2012
kpolli: Funny how discussions meant to be done here are done on the Visa post and visa questions are asked here angry
True, the purpose of the thread has been derailed.

1 Like

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by bigfrancis21: 2:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
phy: Hi guys, pls what are the chances of self sponsorship at the embassy.
Please can anyone answer this question?
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Jongrac: 9:41pm On Dec 01, 2012
Well-done guys, you all are doing a great job here @ this forum.
Please I need info on the necessary medicals to run here in Nigeria before leaving for the US, read a post in this forum that advises one to do it here before departure cos its a lot cheaper when compared to US.
Will be leaving for Spring 2013 Semester for graduate studies.
Thanks.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by phy: 9:47pm On Dec 01, 2012
Jongrac: Well-done guys, you all are doing a great job here @ this forum.
Please I need info on the necessary medicals to run here in Nigeria before leaving for the US, read a post in this forum that advises one to do it here before departure cos its a lot cheaper when compared to US.
Thanks.
I dont think you need any medicals. When you get to the US you'll just need to get flu shots and it's free at public health centers.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by deewizzle(f): 8:00am On Dec 03, 2012
hey guys..i live in maryland, pls do u know of any trusted shipping/cargo company that will deliver in 10days or less from maryland to naija..i want to send about 30pairs of shoes and i thought of using usps but its too expensive..thanks
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Jongrac: 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
phy:
I dont think you need any medicals. When you get to the US you'll just need to get flu shots and it's free at public health centers.
[quote author=phy]
@Phy, thanks, I appreciate.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 04, 2012
Hello fellow forumites,pls which educational qualification is best recommended for a nigeria immigrant in u.s.a precisely baltimore MD.(community college/university degree).how doable is the working and schooling system(self sponsor/hustler) in u.s.a.coz after i did some research i found out that university degree cost alot making it,less accomplished to high school degree holder's doing partime job's out-there.awaiting replies pls
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 1:36am On Dec 05, 2012
HI, my brothers and sisters i have several concerns
1)jobs: ,how did you find a job (either part time or full time ? do i just walk in a store and ask for an available position? is it though esp for someone with no really credentials and job experience? about the forms that you fill etc do they even consider that? or you have to know the manager or be recommended by a friend to the manager.

2)Wal-Mart: can someone tell me why wal-mart is cheaper? i mean are their products even good cause if they follow the same sanitary,taxes etc process that the others companies follow why is that they are cheaper. i ask cause i worry about my health.

3)Mingle: I'm a Cameroonian who doesn't really know any other Africans/Cameroonians where i live(NJ/NYC). but really misses those Africans(u know what i mean) parties/club. can someone help me out with names of club etc?
that's it for the moment thanks to whoever gonna help me

NICE THREAD BTW!

1 Like

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by drslip: 6:25am On Dec 07, 2012
Hey Nairalanders...this thread has been dormant for a while now..Please i would like to know if there is any Nigerian resuming at Missouri State University this spring semester so we can connect and make arrangements such as accomodation prior to arriving at springfield. Also if there is any Nigerian in Missouri state university now to provide me with insights on living in springfield so i know what to expect.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by kpolli(m): 8:10pm On Dec 07, 2012
Jongrac: Well-done guys, you all are doing a great job here @ this forum.
Thanks.

Go to luth, they do must of the medicals plus check the school health care centre site to get the least of tests to do. . . Damn you just reminded me, I owe this people one test cry
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by kpolli(m): 8:11pm On Dec 07, 2012
phy:

HAAAA! You need oooo
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by kpolli(m): 8:13pm On Dec 07, 2012
I Hate 9ja: Hello fellow forumites,pls which educational qualification is best recommended for a nigeria immigrant in u.s.a precisely baltimore MD.(community college/university degree).how doable is the working and schooling system(self sponsor/hustler) in u.s.a.coz after i did some research i found out that university degree cost alot making it,less accomplished to high school degree holder's doing partime job's out-there.awaiting replies pls

Go to the visa thread and read part 1 first. . . . It would give you enough insight
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by kpolli(m): 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: HI, my brothers and sisters i have several concerns
1)jobs: ,how did you find a job (either part time or full time ? do i just walk in a store and ask for an available position? is it though esp for someone with no really credentials and job experience? about the forms that you fill etc do they even consider that? or you have to know the manager or be recommended by a friend to the manager.

2)Wal-Mart: can someone tell me why wal-mart is cheaper? i mean are their products even good cause if they follow the same sanitary,taxes etc process that the others companies follow why is that they are cheaper. i ask cause i worry about my health.

3)Mingle: I'm a Cameroonian who doesn't really know any other Africans/Cameroonians where i live(NJ/NYC). but really misses those Africans(u know what i mean) parties/club. can someone help me out with names of club etc?
that's it for the moment thanks to whoever gonna help me

NICE THREAD BTW!

1) Depends on your visa type
2) We don't ask, we just buy. . . Plus notice that alot of walmart food expire soon and their remaining stuff are not of high quality
3) Am down south so dunno much about NYC but I am sure google can help
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 07, 2012
kpolli:

1) Depends on your visa type
2) We don't ask, we just buy. . . Plus notice that alot of walmart food expire soon and their remaining stuff are not of high quality
3) Am down south so dunno much about NYC but I am sure google can help
thanks my bother . cool cool
tho m surprised cf bold/
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by kpolli(m): 11:43pm On Dec 07, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: thanks my bother . cool cool
tho m surprised cf bold/

walmart stuff are not that cheap only products by great value and those stuff are of low quality.... Plus if u check the weight and price of others, they are the same price. . . . They just split their goods into smaller bits and sell

1 Like

Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by phy: 1:52am On Dec 10, 2012
kpolli:

HAAAA! You need oooo

Well I didn't take any and all the people I have asked didn't take any from naija till they got to the US. Who will trust the yellow card that you can get for N50 at MMIA - not even SA.
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by kpolli(m): 6:56pm On Dec 16, 2012
phy:

Well I didn't take any and all the people I have asked didn't take any from naija till they got to the US. Who will trust the yellow card that you can get for N50 at MMIA - not even SA.

Not only yellow card. . . To do TB test no be beans here, to do MMR no be pure water, its more than 10k cheaper in Naija for each. . . . Plus u can do yellow fever at any LGA in naija
Re: Life In The Usa As A Student. by Mystiqme: 5:56pm On Apr 12, 2013

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (29) (Reply)

My France Picture Gallery / Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get A Nigerian Police Report? / Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.