Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:22 PM

Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? (42446 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / "First-Fruits": Pastors Are Planning A Major Robbery In January / COZA Introduces Online Payment Of Tithes, Offerings, Seeds & Pledges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by wordtalk(m): 2:43pm On Feb 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

we are all aware Jesus did not feature in the jewish temple as a priest.

I don't think I argued otherwise.

We are also aware that the Levitical priesthood needed to be scrapped for Jesus priesthood to take effect.

Nor did I argue to the contrary.

Let me add that Jesus did not take up any priesthood from Melchi.

Indeed Jesus is made a priest AFTER THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK. To deny this fact is to deny Scripture altogether, bro. wink

Jesus is made a priest not merely on the basis of a statement like 'you are a priest' - that kind of statement would be hiding very important words: "after the order of Melchizedek". The Bible shows He was consecrated priest - and the priesthood He took up (yes, 'took up') was after a particular 'order', - it was not merely a matter of a pristhood 'similar' to someone else's priesthood. No. It was a divine priesthood that bore a particular 'order' in much the same was as the Jew from the tribe of Levi 'takes up' a Jewish priesthood after the 'order of Aaron'.

Some have played down the issue of 'order' be saying it refers only to comparisons - 'like for like' as you earlier hinted at, or similarities. However, if it was merely a matter of comparison, why in particular would Melchizedek's priesthood be 'compared' to Christ's priesthood as if there are two priesthoods there?  And why not yet use another priesthood like Jethro, Potipherah's, Moses, or Joshua's as the basis of that comparison - afterall, neither Jethro nor Potipherah were Israelites, let alone be from the tribe of Levi??
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by wordtalk(m): 2:44pm On Feb 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

to prove that the durability of Melchi's priesthood rests on the power of endless live, all you need to do is produce Melchi. So we know he has endless life.

It's not necessary for me to produce either Christ or Melchizedek himself to prove the durability of this priesthood. It is the 'priesthood' itself that is the issue, not the man 'Melchi'. And the durability rests, not on the man, but on both a 'divine oath' and 'the power of an endless life'. smiley
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by Zikkyy(m): 2:45pm On Feb 29, 2012
Joagbaje:

There's is no Jesus order of priesthood. He functions in the order of Melchizedek

Jesus is in a class of his own. he no get rival, not even from Melchi.

Joagbaje:

Will you nullify the word of God.

No, but it will be fun nulifying yours.

Joagbaje:

Now that it has ended we are back to Melchizedek order In  which Jesus function. that means the Order never ended.

We are now in an order that is forever smiley
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by Enigma(m): 2:48pm On Feb 29, 2012
^ You sure say you no dey for eternal "order" of Cherubim & Seraphim so?  smiley

cool
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by wordtalk(m): 2:50pm On Feb 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

Jesus is in a class of his own. he no get rival, not even from Melchi.

Oh, c'mon Zikkyy. Nobody is talking about 'rivals' here - not even between Christ and melchizedek. grin The point he made was that Jesus functions in the order of Melchizedek - which is another way of saying precisely what Scripture teaches. It is not a matter of a class of priesthood standing all by itself - that is unwarranted by the fact that Scripture clearly shows that the priesthood of Christ is NOT in a class of its own - it is AFTER A PARTICULAR ORDER - the order of Melchizedek. grin

We are now in an order that is forever smiley

What 'order' is that? I find everywhere it clearly says: 'after the ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK'. You will not find anything that says 'an order of Jesus Christ' grin
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by wordtalk(m): 2:51pm On Feb 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

what i really want to understand is what you meant by  blessings of salvation? Am sorry, if mv initial was not so clear.

No problem. In one word, the nature of Melchizedek's priesthood goes beyond matters of intercession, etc to more cogently one that is set apart specifically for worship on the basis of God's redemptive and salvation purpose.

If you care for details of how I came across that, then here goes:

1. Priests generally are ordained for men in things pertaining to God (Heb. 5:1)

2. In most cases, the priestly ministry deals with 'sacrifices for sins' (verse 1) and intercession (to have 'compassion on the ignorant' - verse 2)

3. However, Melchizedek's priesthood goes far beyond these and is a ministry of 'ultimate salvation and redemption'. He was not interceding nor offering sacrifices Abraham's sins; rather, he blessed both Abraham and God (Gen. 14:19-20).

4. Hebrews 7:6 underscores #3 above in affirming that Melchizedek blessed Abraham who already had the promises; and then goes on to point us back to Psalm 110.

5. In Psalm 110 the picture given us is a priestly ministry according to the order of Melchizedek. This type of priesthood is not emphasizing 'sacrifices for sins' nor 'intercession' for believers as its core ministry (even though these are already included). Rather, it focuses on victory and salvation in conquest -

Psalm 110 >>
(a) 'sit down at My right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool'  (v. 1; compare with 1 Pet. 3:22)
(b) 'rule thou in the midst of thine enemies' (v. 2 - consider Gen. 14:20, 'God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand')
. . . etc., until we come to verse 4 - ' a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek'
. . . and then continues to proclaim God's victory in salvation and redemption up until verse 7.

6. The interesting thing here is that Christians are also partakers of the Melchizedek priesthood - 'Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power'

7. Now, what shall these 'people' be doing as 'priests' according to this 'order'? Verse 3 also gives the answer; they 'shall be willing in the day of [God's] power,'' - not interceding; but rather in worshipping God on the basis of His divine salvation ('the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning').

Peter, although he does not mention Melchizedek by name, yet he recognizes that the function of this type of priesthood is beyond mere 'intercession' or 'sacrifices for sins' - he says that Christians are a 'royal priesthood' who should 'shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light' (1 Pet. 2:9).

The Melchizedekan priesthood of Psalm 110 is a 'royal' kind of priesthood concerned with rulership and prophetic blessing based on divine salvation - far much more than mere interceding and sacrifices for sins.

All this takes me to Revelation 20:6 - those who have a part in the first resurrection 'shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years'. Declaring the praises of God (1 Pet. 2:9) and 'reigning' with Christ (Rev. 20:6) are the core features of the Melchizedekan priesthood.

So, when I said that Melchizedek was rather more occupied with pronouncing blessings of salvation and victory (see Gen. 14:19-20a, and compare with Heb. 7:6), the above is what I meant to convey. smiley
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by wordtalk(m): 2:54pm On Feb 29, 2012
Zikkyy:

there's no way i will agree a priesthood can be called 'AFTER THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK'. The way i understand it, Christ priesthood is of the type 'similar' to that of Melchi. Thats what the bible meant by 'after the order'.

Okay, I forebear. However your disagreement, I think it goes far beyond merely typologies and similarities or comparison. If that were the case, then indeed there are other 'types' of priesthoods in the OT that the writer of Hebrews could have used to the same effect.

But he didn't use those other 'types' of priesthoods that are 'similar' - because he was not making a case for what is 'similar' or not. If he was trying to do so, then why not Moses (who was also a priest), or Jethro, or Potipherah. . . or even Joshua? Could they not have fitted in with a so-called 'similarity' or comparison? Why especially Melchizedek?

You see, there's very good reason why some so-called paraphrased or almost literal translations  recognize that the writer was making a case for what is in an 'order' of priesthood beyond merely 'similarities' in priesthoods. I've posted a few of those translations above to 'assist' on Hebrews 7:17 (post #536).

Zikkyy:
Melchi belong to a priesthood that derived its durability from the power of an endless life? Fine, all you need to do now is to tell us where we can find Melchi. Melchi has endless life abi?

See above in post #545, where i said the following -
It's not necessary for me to produce either Christ or Melchizedek himself to prove the durability of this priesthood. It is the 'priesthood' itself that is the issue, not the man Melchi. And the durability rests, not on the man, but on both a 'divine oath' and 'the power of an endless life'. smiley

Cherio for now. More later. grin
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by Zikkyy(m): 3:19pm On Feb 29, 2012
wordtalk:

@Zikkyy,

I'm really enjoying our discussions on the current subject on priesthoods - perhaps this would have been more appropriate in another thread on its own so that we don't muddy things up for 'tithe debaters'. grin

Anyhow, thanks so much for the heart-warming discussions so far. smiley

i have to say it's been fun. Should not be posting at this time, but just can't keep off. i will not be so regular between now and Monday next week, but will do my best to keep up. Thanks for your time smiley

Enigma:

^ You sure say you no dey for eternal "order" of Cherubim & Seraphim so?  smiley

grin no mind me jare. na Joagbaje dey make post wetin i no suppose post. I don't know what he is doing here.
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by Zikkyy(m): 3:40pm On Feb 29, 2012
wordtalk:

Don't try and dribble on that, or I'll rush you a slide tackle! grin

Seriously, how come there is no referee for this match grin No wahala, i have plenty of red cards in my pocket tongue

wordtalk:

The question was whether or not you find any verse where Jethro was designated in the very same manner that Melchizedek was - 'priest of the Most High God'.

It does not make Jethro a priest of satan. Designation is what the writer chose to use at that point in time. That's tha way i see it.

wordtalk:

I didn't forget that happened before the Law; and Israel could not just accept any priest/priesthood just because the Law had not yet been enacted. The question was whether or not Jethro was a priest of the same God that Israel worshipped. If he was not, would Israel have fellowshipped with him in the sacrifice of Exodus 18 just because the Law of Moses had not yet been promulgated?

There was no need to query his priesthood. there was no restriction at the time.

i'll have to come back later to respond to your posts. My network is a bit frustrating at this time. It takes almost an hour to make a post sad
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by garyarnold(m): 6:29pm On Feb 29, 2012
“AFTER THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEC”

“after” G2596 - A primary particle; (preposition) down (in place or time)
“order” G5010 - regular arrangement, that is, (in time) fixed succession (of rank or character)

We are talking about the order; i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Two comes after one.

IF Melchizedec was the first, after the order of would constitute the second. Since the Levitical priesthood was disannulled (Hebrews 7:18), that means it is treated as though it never was. Therefore, the priesthood of Christ comes after that of Melchizedec. I believe it is as simple as that.
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by Ptolomeus(m): 8:10pm On Feb 29, 2012
Does not seem to you that we are distorting the thread?
The Bible can say many things, many of them will have to interpret them correctly ,
But in practice:
I ask: Submit flowers, light candles and give money to the images of the churches, is or is not offering?
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by Zikkyy(m): 12:14am On Mar 01, 2012
wordtalk:

Therefore, in Nehemiah 7 and Ezra 2, the question of pollution arose if a Jew was unable to show his genealogy in the reccords, and not merely because he could not be traced particularly to the tribe of Levi. Being a Levite did not guarantee a place in the priesthood.

i think we are saying the same thing. genealogy is required to prove that you truly from the priestly tribe of Levi.
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by Zikkyy(m): 12:21am On Mar 01, 2012
wordtalk:

No again, not quite correct. If that were the case, the Jews would have protested against David's prophetic declaration of a priest 'after the order of Melchizedek' in Psalm 110. The Jew knew that David made that divine proclamation while the Law was still in operation - and the Law had already declared that the Jewish priesthood through Aaron was a 'perpetual one', leaving no room at all for a non-Jew (see Exo. 29:9 - 'Aaron and his sons . . . the priest's office shall be theirs for a perpetual statute'; and also Num. 25:13 - 'the covenant of an everlasting priesthood').

Why protest? it wasn't going to happen. i don't recall Christ functioning as high priest in a jewish temple. secondly, they nailed him to the cross. That's not my idea of acceptance
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by Zikkyy(m): 12:27am On Mar 01, 2012
wordtalk:

You see, the basis on which you argue is not quite helpful. You seem to be saying that the only grounds for which the Jews could not reject the priesthood of Melchizedek was because it came prior to the Law and was a matter merely of 'history'. But what I've just pointed out is that 'within the Law' another order of priesthood was recognized in a prophetic nature that would have direct bearing upon Jewish divine relationships! That is Psalm 110.

I believe you already seen my beautiful response above grin
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by amor4ce(m): 12:33am On Mar 01, 2012
Priests offer sacrifices. The true Messiah offered Himself as the purest of sacrifices before entering into His glory.
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by Zikkyy(m): 12:40am On Mar 01, 2012
wordtalk:

Why not rather a priesthood after the order of 'Jethro' or of 'Potipherah'?? The priesthood 'after the order of Melchizedek' is much more than merely a matter of history prior to the Law - it leaves all other priesthoods behind (such as Jethro's and Potipherah's) and enters directly into the divine records of Jewish prophecy - which makes a very, very strong case as to why the Jew MUST accept it even after the Law of Moses had been given.

The Jews knew Jethro, Melchi they don't know. Melchi remain a mystery, due to limited info. Why do you think some people here on NL believes Melchi is Christ? It's that bad grin The Jews had similar problem.
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by Zikkyy(m): 12:44am On Mar 01, 2012
amor4ce:

Priests offer sacrifices. The true Messiah offered Himself as the purest of sacrifices before entering into His glory.

Thank you my brother wink

Joagbaje, i hope you are learning. Maybe Joagbaje will tell us Melchi also sacrificed himself angry and he want to compare Melchi priesthood to Christ's angry
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by amor4ce(m): 1:09am On Mar 01, 2012
Remember that David will once again lead Israel (Ezekiel 34:23) in worshiping the Messiah who will rule as King over Israel, and the world. Won't the King of Israel be called the King of Salem/Peace? Who else fulfills the role of that title if not the Messiah?
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by Zikkyy(m): 8:27am On Mar 01, 2012
wordtalk:

It is the 'priesthood' itself that is the issue, not the man 'Melchi'. And the durability rests, not on the man, but on both a 'divine oath' and 'the power of an endless life'. smiley

Maybe i don't understand what you meant when you said the durability of the priesthood rest on the power of an endless life. Are you saying if Melchi is no longer priest, and Christ is not Priest, the Priesthood will continue forever? i.e. when there is no priest, the priesthood remain? What gives the priesthood it's longevity/durability or endless live as you call it?
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by Zikkyy(m): 8:53am On Mar 01, 2012
wordtalk:

if it was merely a matter of comparison, why in particular would Melchizedek's priesthood be 'compared' to Christ's priesthood as if there are two priesthoods there?  And why not yet use another priesthood like Jethro, Potipherah's, Moses, or Joshua's as the basis of that comparison - afterall, neither Jethro nor Potipherah were Israelites, let alone be from the tribe of Levi??

Jethro the jews knew, Melchi they don't know. That's where you have some similarities with the person of Christ. read verse 3 of hebrews 7 again, the ultimate aim was for the target audience to accept Christ priesthood by showing what looked like similarities between the priest Melchi and Christ. The Jews already see Melchi as living forever and therefore remain a priest.

Heb 7:3  Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

This was how the Jews see Melchi, the Hebrew verse states Melchi abide a priest continually, he did not say the priesthood continues without Melchi. It was about the person. The way i see it, it is the person that defines the priesthood and not the other way round. When the Hebrew writer talked about an endless life, he was referring to the person of Christ and not his priesthood.

Heb 7:15  And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
Heb 7:16  Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

From verse 15, we see that the Hebrew writer refers to similarities in 'persons' and not priesthood. verse 16 tells us that Christ was made (a priest) not by law of commandment but after the power of an endless life. He did not say the priesthood (as a distinct institution/entity) was made after the power of an endless life. Maybe am wrong but what i see here is that Christ priesthood draws from his divine nature. We cannot say the same for Melchi.
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by Zikkyy(m): 9:13am On Mar 01, 2012
wordtalk:

No problem. In one word, the nature of Melchizedek's priesthood goes beyond matters of intercession, etc to more cogently one that is set apart specifically for worship on the basis of God's redemptive and salvation purpose.

God's salvation purpose; are you saying that Melchi was already playing the part/role that Jesus died for? Maybe you don't know (and i don't believe that's what you intended), but that's the message i get from reading your post. And it's because of your focus on the so called Melchizedekan priesthood. If this feature is embedded in the priesthood, it then implies that Peeps back in the days could ultimately have been saved by faith/belief in Melchi grin I am just not getting your explanation here. I hope you are not getting frustrated by zikkyy's stubbornness grin

wordtalk:

5. In Psalm 110 the picture given us is a priestly ministry according to the order of Melchizedek. This type of priesthood is not emphasizing 'sacrifices for sins' nor 'intercession' for believers as its core ministry (even though these are already included). Rather, it focuses on victory and salvation in conquest -

I am seeing variants of salvation here. You are confusing me sir sad

wordtalk:

Peter, although he does not mention Melchizedek by name, yet he recognizes that the function of this type of priesthood is beyond mere 'intercession' or 'sacrifices for sins' - he says that Christians are a 'royal priesthood' who should 'shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light' (1 Pet. 2:9).

Peter did not mention Melchi, because he was not thinking Melchi.
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by FXKing2012(m): 9:21am On Mar 02, 2012
Ok what about sowing seeds, is this supported by the Bible? Is it right to sow into the life of a pastor? I believe some folks sowed into Paul's ministry.
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 9:26am On Mar 02, 2012
Of course it's biblical to sow into your pastors life and into one another's life.
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by Enigma(m): 9:51am On Mar 02, 2012
smiley

Arijẹ ni madaru ẹ jẹ lọ j'awọ! grin

cool
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by newmi(m): 10:32am On Mar 02, 2012
Even as a child not knowing much in scripture my mother thought us how to give; tithes, offerings, and even sowing into the life of the pastor and more importantly praying for the pastor and as l grew l particularly observed certain previlleges l enjoyed you knon certain preferences and inexplicable deliverances from accidents, sicknesses, and even mass victimization. Its really amazing
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by FXKing2012(m): 11:20am On Mar 02, 2012
newmi:

Even as a child not knowing much in scripture my mother thought us how to give; tithes, offerings, and even sowing into the life of the pastor and more importantly praying for the pastor and as l grew l particularly observed certain previlleges l enjoyed you knon certain preferences and inexplicable deliverances from accidents, sicknesses, and even mass victimization. Its really amazing

I have two questions:
1) How do u link these privileges to the seeds sown into the life of the pastor?
2) Why cant the pastor also sow seed into the life of his church members, must it be unidirectional?
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by newmi(m): 1:04pm On Mar 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

I have two questions:
1) How do u link these privileges to the seeds sown into the life of the pastor?

Thats a simple one!
How else can you link it when you go to your pastor and say "pastor please l want to sow such and such into your life and such and such is/are my expection" and then prays and agrees with you trusting God for that specific miracle and praise to God those words pronounced during prayer fructifies to reality oh now we have a testimony so would you link that to anything other than singular act of faith?
Most times most people ask these kind if questions to discredit the role the pastor or spiritual leader plays in the church today which in itself is terriblely misleading
FXKing2012:

2) Why cant the pastor also sow seed into the life of his church members, must it be unidirectional?

Who says Pastors don't give infact the Pastor is the first giver the quintessence of what he preaches. Perhaps you should confess you haven't seen or heard of one which doesn't automatically imply that they don't
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by FXKing2012(m): 8:56pm On Mar 02, 2012
newmi:

Thats a simple one!
How else can you link it when you go to your pastor and say "pastor please l want to sow such and such into your life and such and such is/are my expection" and then prays and agrees with you trusting God for that specific miracle and praise to God those words pronounced during prayer fructifies to reality oh now we have a testimony so would you link that to anything other than singular act of faith?

But wat about times when good things happen to you yet you didnt go to a pastor, who do u ascribe such to? Again what about people who good things happen to all the time yet they are not even Christians?
Pls dont get me wrong, I'm a very dogged Christian (maybe even a fundamentalist) but there is something I'm trying to get to here.
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by FXKing2012(m): 6:55pm On Mar 03, 2012
@newmi, I'm still awaiting your reply.
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by Joagbaje(m): 12:05am On Mar 04, 2012
Enigma:

smiley
Arijẹ ni madaru ẹ jẹ lọ j'awọ!  grin
cool

2samuel 2:26

Sheathe your sword.
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by BERNIMOORE: 2:21am On Mar 04, 2012
[b]@garyarnold,

(And other interested persons)

i ve been very busy for quite sometime now,its a very busy week, but while composing some replies to wordtalk and others,i have a glance at the tread, and   i need a reply on your last  post below,

garyarnold quote;

(A)  
“AFTER THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEC”

“order” G5010 - regular arrangement, that is, (in time) fixed succession (of rank or character)

We are talking about the order; i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.  Two comes after one.

IF Melchizedec was the first, after the order of would constitute the second.  Since the Levitical priesthood was disannulled (Hebrews 7:18), that means it is treated as though it never was.  Therefore, the priesthood of Christ comes after that of Melchizedec.  I believe it is as simple as that.

HOW DO YOU CONCLUDE THAT IT WAS 'A REGULAR ARRANGEMENT' AND 'FIXED SUCCESSION' WITHOUT CONSIDERING HOW 'ORDER' WAS RENDERED IN THE LATERS VERSES THAT ACTUALLY SHED MORE LIGHT ON THE TRUE MEANING, CONSIDER THIS FROM SAME CHAPTER 7 OF SAME HEBREW;

Heb 7:15[i] And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
[/i]
Similitude
G3665
ὁμοιότης
homoiotēs
hom-oy-ot'ace

From G3664; resemblance: - like (as), similitude.

GOING FURTHER TO G3664 WHERE IT WAS DERIVED, SEE THE MEANING OF WHAT IS RENDERED IN HEB 7:15 AS

‘’AFTER  THE  'SIMILITUDE' OF MELCHISEDEC  THERE  ARISETH  ANOTHER  PRIEST’’,

G3664

ὅμοιος

homoios

hom'-oy-os

From the base of G3674 ; similar (in appearance or character): - {like} + manner.

THE PARTICULAR  ORIGINAL  OATH REFFERED TO IN THE BOOK OF PSALM 110:4 from Hebrew 7,‘DID NOT’ TREAT    ‘‘AFTER’’ SEPARATELY, AND  ‘‘ORDER’’  SEPARATELY, LIKE YOU QUOTED,BELOW;

BUT RATHER, THE TRANSLATION   ‘ACTUALLY JOINED’   ‘’AFTER THE ORDER’’  TOGETHER AND NOT SEPARATELY LIKE YOURS,THAT IS; (‘after’=(a meaning) and ‘order’=(another meaning)  BUT   ‘’AFTER THE ORDER’’ TRANSLATED ALTOGETHER WAS ACTUALLY RENDERED  USING (H1700),   SEE THE DIFFERENT MEANING DIFFERENT FROM THE ONE ABOVE THAT IT USES;(in the same strong Hebrew dictionary you used);

Psa 110:4

The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order (H1700) of Melchizedek.

H1700
דּברה
dibrâh
dib-raw'
Feminine of H1697 ; a {reason} suit or style: - {cause} {end} {estate} {order} regard.

THE WORD RENDERED “ORDER” HERE MEANS PROPERLY A 'WORD' ; 'A THING', 'A MATTER'; HENCE, 'A WAY' OR 'MANNER'. THE MEANING HERE IS,
THAT HE WOULD BE A PRIEST “AFTER THE MANNER” OF MELCHIZEDEK; OR,

SUCH A PRIEST AS HE WAS. HE WOULD NOT BE OF THE TRIBE OF LEVI; HE WOULD NOT BE IN THE REGULAR LINE OF THE PRIESTHOOD, BUT HE WOULD RESEMBLE, IN THE CHARACTERISTICS OF HIS OFFICE, THIS ANCIENT PRIEST-KING, COMBINING IN HIMSELF THE TWO FUNCTIONS OF PRIEST AND KING; AS A PRIEST, STANDING ALONE; NOT DERIVING HIS AUTHORITY FROM ANY LINE OF PREDECESSORS; AND HAVING NO SUCCESSORS.

(B)  IM ASKING NOW, WILL THE BIBLE CONTRADICT ITSELF ? IN HEBREW 7:15 AND HEB 7:17?

NOW, THE PARTICULAR HEB 7, SUPPLIED US WITH  ESTABLISHED PROOFS POINTING TO THE TRUE MEANING OF WHAT IS RENDERED 'ORDER';THAT IS;RESEMBLANCE, OR 'MANNER' OR  'LIKE' FOR 'LIKE',

PLEASE CONSIDER BELOW,WHAT THIS VERSES INCLUDED ARE ALL ABOUT;quoted(in blue)below

11If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

THAT IS 'HAD IT BEEN THAT' LEVITICUS PRIESTHOOD COULD ACHIEVE PERFECTION? THERE WOULD BE 'NO FURTHER NEED' FOR 'ANOTHER PRIEST, WHICH MEANS THE ALLEGED 'MELCHIZEDECH ISSUE WOULD HAVE NO BASIS AND RENDERED 'USELESS'

LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD,SAME  AS AARONIC OR ALSO KNOWN AS AARONIC PRIESTHOOD, HAS A BASIS THAT ACTUALLY DID NOT PUT US IN THE DARK THAT IS;

(The Aaronic Priesthood is also called the Levitical Priesthood. The word Levitical comes from the name Levi, one of the twelve sons of Israel. Moses and Aaron, who were brothers, were Levites.

When the Aaronic Priesthood was given to Israel, Aaron and his sons received the presiding and administrative responsibility. The male members of all other Levite families were put in charge of the ceremonies of the tabernacle, including the Mosaic law of sacrifice).

(C)   ALSO WE ARE 'NOT IN THE DARK' CONCERNING THE MANNER OF WHICH CHRIST 'WAS APPOINTED' A PRIEST 'SIMILAR' OR 'LIKE' OR 'IN RESEMBLANCE' OF MELCHIZEDECK THE ACIENT PRIEST, AS A ;PRIEST-KING, COMBINING IN HIMSELF THE TWO FUNCTIONS OF PRIEST AND KING,
AND JESUS 'DECLARED AS KING  OF KINGS,AND LORD OF LORDS' WHAT A FITTING AND UNDISPUTABLE SIMILARITIES?

FURTHER, THE PRE-LAW HIGH PRIESTS, WE ARE NOT BEING PUT IN THE DARK,THAT IS  PRIESTS ''WHOSE HEART''  ARE TOWARDS THE ALMIGHTY GOD OR ACCEPT THE ALMIGHTY GOD OVER THEIR OWN NATIVE gods, AUTOMATICALLY RECEIVE CALL FROM GOD 'IRRESPECTIVE OF THEIR TRIBE OR  NATIVE ORDINATION' EXAMPLE OF THIS IS JETHRO,

(Exodus 18:8-12).
"And Moses told his father in law all that the LORD had done unto Pharaoh and to the Egyptians for Israel's sake, [and] all the travail that had come upon them by the way, and [how] the LORD delivered them. And Jethro rejoiced for all the goodness which the LORD had done to Israel, whom he had delivered out of the hand of the Egyptians. And Jethro said, Blessed [be] the LORD, who hath delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians, and out of the hand of Pharaoh, who hath delivered the people from under the hand of the Egyptians. Now I know that the LORD [is] greater than all gods: for in the thing wherein they dealt proudly [he was] above them. And Jethro, Moses' father in law, took a burnt offering and sacrifices for God: and Aaron came, and all the elders of Israel, to eat bread with Moses' father in law before God." (Exodus 18:8-12).

JETHRO WAS THE KING OF MIDIAN,

AND THEY WORSHIP IDOLS

numb 25:16

16 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying: 17 “Harass the Midianites, and attack them; 18 for they harassed you with their schemes by which they seduced you in the matter of Peor and in the matter of Cozbi, the daughter of a leader of Midian, their sister, who was killed in the day of the plague because of Peor.”

BUT AFTER PROFESSING HIS ALLEGIANCE OR TOTAL ACCEPTANCE TO THE ALMIGHTY GOD,  HE PERFORM THE SAME SACRIFICING FUNCTION OF A HIGH PRIEST 'IN THE PRESENCE OF AARON' WHO WAS A PRIEST BY BIRTH AS THE FIRST BORN JUST THE SAME WAY MELCHIZEDECH DID TO ABRAHAM WHO WAS ALSO A PRIEST.

JETHRO SHARE THE SAME 'CALL' TO GOD WITH MELCHIZEDECH,THAT IS THEY ARE BOTH   ELIGIBLE TO OFFICIATE OR EVEN ENJOY TO BE CALLED 'GODS PRIEST' SO THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT MELCHIZECK  THAT WOULD WARRANT 'AN ALLEGED'  'PRISTHOOD 'ORDER', IT DOES NOT EXIST BECAUSE THERE IS NO ''PROOF BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT TO 'PROVE OR STAND' AS A RECOGNISED AND ACCEPTED PROOF, EXCEPT  MERE SPECULATIONS,

SO WE ARE TOTALLY IN THE DARK NOT FROM THE BIBLE BUT FROM THE AGITATORS OR ADVOCATES OF UNEXISTING 'PRIESTHOOD 'ORDER' ALLEGED TO BE OF  MELCHIZEDECK AND THATS THE ONLY PART THAT REMAINED AN ARTIFICIAL MISTERY OF WHICH THEY USE  ONLY ON ONE PARTICULAR VERSE, IS HEBREW 7: 16;

WE ALSO HAVE A KNOWLEDGE OF CHRIST 'ASCENTION TO PRIEST' OUTSIDE LEVITICUS ORDER;HEB 7:13,14;

13For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.

14For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.

ALSO

SEE THE DEFINATION OF ''AFTER  THE POWER OF AN ENDLESS LIFE'' (a verse tha advocates of melchi priesthood turned to 'a dynasty'  yes 'dtnasty'in the sense that they actually 'smuggled' their own unproved meaning through the back door using this verse 16 as a cover, now lets uncover or shift the veil using your 'strong hebrew bible dictionary;

afterG2596   the powerG1411    of anG2222    endlessG179    life.G2222

''The power'' ''force'' G1411

G1411
δύναμις
dunamis
doo'-nam-is
From G1410 ; force (literally or figuratively); specifically miraculous power (usually by implication a miracle itself): - {ability} {abundance} {meaning} might ({-ily} {-y} -y {deed}) (worker of) miracle ({-s}) {power} {strength} {violence} mighty (wonderful) work.

''of an''   SAME DEFINATION RENDERED AS G2222 BELOW ALSO USED FOR 'LIFE'

''endless''.

G179
ἀκατάλυτος
akatalutos
ak-at-al'-oo-tos
From G1 (as a negative particle) and a derivative of G2647; {indissoluble} that {is} (figuratively) permanent: - endless.

G2222
ζωή
zōē
dzo-ay'
From G2198 ; life (literally or figuratively): - life (-time). Compare G5590 .

Matt 18:9
AndG2532 ifG1487 thineG4675 eyeG3788 offendG4624 thee,G4571 pluckG1807 itG846out,G1807 andG2532 castG906 [it] fromG575 thee:G4675 it isG2076 betterG2570 for theeG4671 to enterG1525 intoG1519 lifeG2222 with one eye,G3442 rather thanG2228 havingG2192 twoG1417 eyesG3788 to be castG906 intoG1519 hellG1067fire.G4442

“after” G2596 - A primary particle; (preposition) down (in place or time) ''The power'' force (literally or figuratively); specifically miraculous power (usually by implication a miracle itself
''endless'' {indissoluble} that {is} (figuratively) permanent ; life (literally or figuratively): - life (-time)

ALL THE TEXT ABOVE, HEBREW CHAPTER 7:16 ABOVE MOSTLY MEANINGS TO THEM ARE ACTUALLY FIGURATIVE(not in their normal literal meaning but in a way that makes a description) AS YOU CAN SEE,

NOW THE 'ONUS OF PROOF' LIES ON THE 'ADVOCATES OF THE ALLEDGED MELCHIZEDECK PRIESTHOOD' TO SUPPORT THEIR CLAIM APART FROM HEBREW 7:16, BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT TO SHED MORE LIGHT AND CONVINCE US.

Note pls,    my particular 'reply' here is divided to A  ,B   and,    C            anyone that would like to QUOTE ME on these particular reply ,should please either quote 'whole' PARAGRAPHS A,  or B or   C, you can only change the color of your particular emphasis on my qote. thanks

[/b]
Re: Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? by Zikkyy(m): 10:55pm On Mar 04, 2012
BERNIMOORE:

BUT AFTER PROFESSING HIS ALLEGIANCE OR TOTAL ACCEPTANCE TO THE ALMIGHTY GOD,  HE PERFORM THE SAME SACRIFICING FUNCTION OF A HIGH PRIEST 'IN THE PRESENCE OF AARON' WHO WAS A PRIEST BY BIRTH AS THE FIRST BORN JUST THE SAME WAY MELCHIZEDECH DID TO ABRAHAM WHO WAS ALSO A PRIEST.

JETHRO SHARE THE SAME 'CALL' TO GOD WITH MELCHIZEDECH,THAT IS THEY ARE BOTH   ELIGIBLE TO OFFICIATE OR EVEN ENJOY TO BE CALLED 'GODS PRIEST' SO THERE IS NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT MELCHIZECK  THAT WOULD WARRANT 'AN ALLEGED'  'PRISTHOOD 'ORDER', IT DOES NOT EXIST BECAUSE THERE IS NO ''PROOF BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT TO 'PROVE OR STAND' AS A RECOGNISED AND ACCEPTED PROOF, EXCEPT  MERE SPECULATIONS,

Well done Bernimoore, Good job! you've shown you have a good understanding of the Hebrews 7 wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (23) (Reply)

Man Invites Reno Omokri To Join Islam. He Reacts / Happie Boys To OPM Pastor: You Can't Use Our Stars To Rıde Prıvate Jet... / Is That Really Jesus? By Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.