Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,034 members, 7,906,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 05:26 PM

iPhone Killer Apps 2 - Phones (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (153451 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by DeeOneBangin: 7:45am On Apr 20, 2013
tumababa:
No. Enjoy d 613

tuma though i cldnt downgrade, i was finally able to jailbreak my phone even tho its semi tethered. only difference i noticed is that cydia and safari wont work except i boot with iBooty, buh asides that its still okay with me. twas an error updating to 6.1.3 in the first place.

Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Fynecountry(m): 9:19am On Apr 21, 2013
Hey ipeople, Tuma pls how do i jailbreak my iphone 4, version 5.1.1, also need d cydia n siri stuff.
Regards
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Suntemi(m): 9:52am On Apr 21, 2013
Download Absinthe 2.0.4 to jailbreak it.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by ayemidun0328: 10:08am On Apr 21, 2013
pls, how can i enable cell broadcast on my iphone 4
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by KingPradas(m): 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2013
ayemidun0328: pls, how can i enable cell broadcast on my iphone 4

You want use mtn zone Abi ?. It's automatic once you opt in the plan. It will show how much you will charge when placing calls

1 Like

Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by KingPradas(m): 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2013
Fynecountry: Hey ipeople, Tuma pls how do i jailbreak my iphone 4, version 5.1.1, also need d cydia n siri stuff.
Regards

Go to google and download IOS 6 and then go to iTunes and click restore iphone than press option key or control key and select the iOS 6 you download to update it first.

Then go to google and download Absinthe and follow the introduction to jailbreak it.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Suntemi(m): 2:12am On Apr 22, 2013
KingPradas:

Go to google and download IOS 6 and then go to iTunes and click restore iphone than press option key or control key and select the iOS 6 you download to update it first.

Then go to google and download Absinthe and follow the introduction to jailbreak it.

Bro, easy oooo. Person dey 5.1.1 u dey advice am to update to iOS 6 when at the moment Apple is only signing iOS 6.1.3 that has no untethered jailbreak. And Absinthe doesn't even work on iOS 6.

Mr. Fynecountry, just get Absinthe 2.0.4, BACKUP your iPhone and jailbreak. Shikena. No go update ooo if you still need jailbreak.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by KingPradas(m): 3:59am On Apr 22, 2013
sun_temi:

Bro, easy oooo. Person dey 5.1.1 u dey advice am to update to iOS 6 when at the moment Apple is only signing iOS 6.1.3 that has no untethered jailbreak. And Absinthe doesn't even work on iOS 6.

Mr. Fynecountry, just get Absinthe 2.0.4, BACKUP your iPhone and jailbreak. Shikena. No go update ooo if you still need jailbreak.

Chairman, you can jailbreak 6 IOS untethred look it up. Beside with IOS6 it has alot of tons new features.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by KingPradas(m): 4:03am On Apr 22, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:

tuma though i cldnt downgrade, i was finally able to jailbreak my phone even tho its semi tethered. only difference i noticed is that cydia and safari wont work except i boot with iBooty, buh asides that its still okay with me. twas an error updating to 6.1.3 in the first place.

If you have an error downgrade it to 6.1.2 It's tethred you dont have to plug in to your labtop to jailbreak it again.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by ayemidun0328: 6:44am On Apr 22, 2013
Do jailbreak have any negative on iPhone because am a recent user of iPhone
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 22, 2013
KingPradas:

Chairman, you can jailbreak 6 IOS untethred look it up. Beside with IOS6 it has alot of tons new features.

Y are u displaying ignorance with confidence. Suntemi is trying to correct u from misleading readers and u are confusing dem d more!!

Ios6 has different versions. 6.0,6.0.1,6.0.2,6.1,6.1.1,6.1.2,6.1.3. All these are ios6. Out of all these versions, only one(6.1.3) CANNOT be jailbroken. UNFORTUNATELY, if u are updating to ios6, d ONLY version u can go is 6.1.3. Now tell me, is it advisable to update to ios613 from 511?

511 has full untethered jailbreak. All u need is absinthe
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by DeeOneBangin: 12:50pm On Apr 22, 2013
hi guys, what cydia tweak can i use in changing my carrier name to include both text and logo. Am aware sbsettings and springtomize2 can change it to a text of my choice buh i want it with logo. An apple logo to be precise, THanks

also i want apple logo to be in my customized slide lock.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by DAVE5(m): 11:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
pls guys i need help i've been tryin to update my ipod touch 4g to ios 6.1.2 but all to no avail, i've been gettin error 3194 ever since, ive checked google on how to get done wit d error but all d solutions i found havent helped out at all, so pls if u can help me put on dis i'd really appreciate d kind gesture
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by DAVE5(m): 11:47pm On Apr 22, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:
hi guys, what cydia tweak can i use in changing my carrier name to include both text and logo. Am aware sbsettings and springtomize2 can change it to a text of my choice buh i want it with logo. An apple logo to be precise, THanks

try zeppelin though i dont think it has text (jst logo, apple logo included), it has several logos in one place
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by KingPradas(m): 1:00am On Apr 23, 2013
tumababa:

Y are u displaying ignorance with confidence. Suntemi is trying to correct u from misleading readers and u are confusing dem d more!!

Ios6 has different versions. 6.0,6.0.1,6.0.2,6.1,6.1.1,6.1.2,6.1.3. All these are ios6. Out of all these versions, only one(6.1.3) CANNOT be jailbroken. UNFORTUNATELY, if u are updating to ios6, d ONLY version u can go is 6.1.3. Now tell me, is it advisable to update to ios613 from 511?

511 has full untethered jailbreak. All u need is absinthe

Bros, i'm not displaying ingnorance, the poster asked for new feature and he want siri, so thats why i advised him to update to ios 6. and If you want to update to 6.1 not 6.1.3 you can search for 6.0 IOS IPSW DIRECT download for iphone4s or iPhone 5 on the web(google). after that you go to intunes and located your phone under summary and you will see restore button under version, hold down hold Shift (windows) or Option (Mac).Then locate where you download the IOS 6.1 IPSW and Voila.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by KingPradas(m): 1:14am On Apr 23, 2013
D.A.V.E:
pls guys i need help i've been tryin to update my ipod touch 4g to ios 6.1.2 but all to no avail, i've been gettin error 3194 ever since, ive checked google on how to get done wit d error but all d solutions i found havent helped out at all, so pls if u can help me put on dis i'd really appreciate d kind gesture

Here is one video solution:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP8XtMNFX2g

Update to latest Itunes.

Solution 1: If you want to have Windows try to restore the hosts file to the default, follow the "Fixit" in How do I reset the hosts file back to the default?.
Note: Business computers may put information into the hosts file. Consult whoever is responsible for supporting Windows on your computer before resetting the hosts file back to the default.
If restoring to default did not resolve the issue, you can find your hosts file at C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC.
Select the hosts file. Choose Edit > Copy, then choose Edit > Paste.
There should now be a duplicate of the hosts file named "Copy of hosts" (Windows XP) or "hosts-copy" (Windows Vista or Windows 7).
Drag the original hosts file to your Desktop. If Windows needs your permission to continue, click Continue.
Drag the duplicate file to the Desktop.
Right-click the duplicate file and choose Open. You may be prompted to choose the program you want to use to open this file. Double-click Notepad.
When Notepad opens, choose Edit > Select All, and then choose Edit > Delete.
From the File menu,choose Save. Quit Notepad.
Drag the duplicate file from your Desktop back into the original location (given in step b). If Windows needs your permission to continue, click Continue.
Right-click the duplicate file and choose Rename. Type "hosts" (without quotation marks) and press Enter.
Restart your computer and try restoring with iTunes.

Solution 2:
For Windows, navigate to C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/ and find the file that’s named “hosts”
for Windows users, open this with Administrator Privileges)
You’ll mostly have this line at the bottom of the file:
74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
Either comment this line out by typing a single ‘#’ (without the quotes) in front of the line (before 74) or remove the line entirely.
Now, save the hosts file and then try updating your iPhone through iTunes.
In most cases, the error shouldn’t pop up now.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Suntemi(m): 6:00am On Apr 23, 2013
KingPradas:

Bros, i'm not displaying ingnorance, the poster asked for new feature and he want siri, so thats why i advised him to update to ios 6. and If you want to update to 6.1 not 6.1.3 you can search for 6.0 IOS IPSW DIRECT download for iphone4s or iPhone 5 on the web(google). after that you go to intunes and located your phone under summary and you will see restore button under version, hold down hold Shift (windows) or Option (Mac).Then locate where you download the IOS 6.1 IPSW and Voila.

Bro I don't think you really understand how iPhone restore works. I think you need to read more about it maybe you will then understand us.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Suntemi(m): 6:05am On Apr 23, 2013
D.A.V.E:

Bro Apple isn't signing 6.1.2 anymore that's the reason you getting that error message. Apple is currently signing 6.1.3 which has no untethered jailbreak at the moment.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 23, 2013
KingPradas:

i can see u dont know what u are talking about. i rest my case.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by KingPradas(m): 12:06pm On Apr 23, 2013
tumababa:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by DeeOneBangin: 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2013
tumababa:

Passing by grin. Bobo no argue with tuma and suntemi ooo, awon ogas @ the top niyen 
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by softtouch2(m): 5:48pm On Apr 23, 2013
KingPradas:

iGNORANCE in HD gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by KingPradas(m): 12:00am On Apr 24, 2013
soft-touch:

You dont seem to understand seem logic
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by DAVE5(m): 2:31am On Apr 24, 2013
@kingpradas; i've tried ur methods b4 now but it dint work.thanx though

@sun_temi iz there any hope dat they'll sign d 6.1.2 in d near future cos i cant use 6.1.3 dat has no jb yet.that'll be like hell on earth, and i dont want my 800mb plus ipsw download(i suffer uo download dat tin) to jst like dat without me even using it atall.
I'll kip in kontact wit ya sha
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by DeeOneBangin: 8:23am On Apr 24, 2013
D.A.V.E:
@kingpradas; i've tried ur methods b4 now but it dint work.thanx though

@sun_temi iz there any hope dat they'll sign d 6.1.2 in d near future cos i cant use 6.1.3 dat has no jb yet.that'll be like hell on earth, and i dont want my 800mb plus ipsw download(i suffer uo download dat tin) to jst like dat without me even using it atall.
I'll kip in kontact wit ya sha

Bro if ur phone is a pre A5 device u can jb nau, am on 613 too and am enjoying the jb very much.i use ip4.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by RichDad1(m): 10:06am On Apr 26, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:

Someone answer this ooooo
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Suntemi(m): 11:51am On Apr 26, 2013
D.A.V.E:

try zeppelin though i dont think it has text (jst logo, apple logo included), it has several logos in one place
Rich Dad:
Someone answer this ooooo
D.A.V.E:

Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by sinade1(m): 12:21pm On Apr 26, 2013
soft-touch:

I just dey pass dey laugh.

✌ ✌ ✌ ✌ ✌ ✌ ✌ ✌ ✌ ✌ ✌ ✌ ✌ ✌ ✌
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by sinade1(m): 12:23pm On Apr 26, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:

Springtomize2 or FakeCarrier is your saviour.

@DeeOne you know nau.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by sinade1(m): 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2013
KingPradas:

This guy dey cram book oo..

All Emeritus Professors of JB dey talk, you still dey argue. You get your own google ni? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (111) (Reply)

Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt / New Airtel Internet Bundle Plans, Prices And Activation Codes / Solution To ANY soft/hard Bricked Android Phones/tablets, Blackberry's, PS3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.