Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,009 members, 7,906,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 03:42 PM

iPhone Killer Apps 2 - Phones (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone Killer Apps 2 (153448 Views)

11 Killer Android Features You Aren’t Using. / Best Apps And Explict Games For Android Users (ANDROID KILLER APPS) / iPhone Killer Apps Section!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Nobody: 6:27am On Mar 20, 2013
Apple released iOS 6.1.3 today, patching and closing up the jailbreak. DO NOT UPDATE! They closed the restore window on 6.1.2. This means that if anyone has to restore their device, they are stuck without a jailbreak until another is released. What does this mean for you?

1) If you are already jailbroken, do not update.

2) Do not restore your device. Doing so will force you onto 6.1.3 (exception is older devices that can use redsn0w for restoring older FW).

3) If your device will not boot, before restoring, try holding the volume up button while booting to get into forced safe mode. In this case, you can hopefully get back into your device to fix whatever you did to cause it not to boot.

4) iOS 5 users on iPhone 4s type devices, you lost your chance to update to iOS 6 and jailbreak. Stay on iOS5.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by sinade1(m): 9:21am On Mar 20, 2013
^^^ Point (4) dey make me laugh. iLaff.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Maro4u(m): 1:08am On Mar 21, 2013
Tumbaba u r rite but a new. Jailbreak is coming soon so we still got a chance to but seriouslly I
Os6 sucks
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by DeeOneBangin: 9:42am On Mar 21, 2013
HELP!!! My iPhone isn't seeing my sytem any more. Am 100% sure its not a USB problem. Is dere anything I can do to rectify this? My system is seeing all oda devices buh not my iPhone.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 21, 2013
Maro4u: Tumbaba u r rite but a new. Jailbreak is coming soon so we still got a chance to but seriouslly I
Os6 sucks
tell me what doesnt suck?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by DeeOneBangin: 3:24pm On Mar 21, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:
HELP!!! My iPhone isn't seeing my sytem any more. Am 100% sure its not a USB problem. Is dere anything I can do to rectify this? My system is seeing all oda devices buh not my iPhone.
The usb works fine wen connected to a wall charger, but won't charge wen connected to my pc. The pc won't even recognise it talkmore of iTunes
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:

The usb works fine wen connected to a wall charger, but won't charge wen connected to my pc. The pc won't even recognise it talkmore of iTunes

what of ur usb port? av u tried another port on d system? rather, try it on another system
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by haywire1: 7:36am On Mar 22, 2013
Is there any app to download so as to knw a hiden caller(caller dat hide his/her phone number)?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Leopantro: 8:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
Why Apple Really Needs To Kill It With iOS 7

Six years in, the polish is starting to rub off. After a historic launch and years of grand slam updates to its hardware and software, the iPhone now appears more vulnerable than ever. To retains its luster, Apple needs to make iOS 7 its boldest update yet.  It pains me to admit, but Android is evolving faster than iOS these days. For years, that seemed impossible. Early Android phonesfelt like rusty copycats  of Apple's impeccably slick mobile platform, with far fewer apps available to their users.  With each upgrade to Android, iPhone owners laughed as the platform seemingly struggled to keep up with Apple's bulletproof user experience. And for a while, it did struggle. But slowly, that changed. Next thing we knew, Android commanded 75% of the smartphone market . Today, instead of mocking Android, manyprominent iPhone lovers are switching to Google .

Android Phones Keep Getting Better

In his (admittedly late) review of the Nexus 4 , the notoriously pro-Apple MG Siegler cites the "methodical way" Google is improving Android, a detail that reminds him of Apple. "In a world without iPhone, I could definitely see myself using the Nexus 4 as my smartphone," Siegler writes. "It is a really good device — one that Google should be proud of." Those are strong words from a stalwart defender of Cupertino. Siegler's decision to stick with the iPhone is roughly representative of millions of consumers who have already established a loyalty to Apple's mobile empire. But as Android improves, a growing number will think twice unless Apple pushes things forward more aggressively. Apple still has what many influencers consider to be the best smartphone on the market. But Google's getting there. It's not the mobile underdog anymore. Siegler may not be going anywhere. But Kawasaki , Scoble and Ihnakto  have already jumped ship. Who's next? 

The iPhone Needs Another iOS 5-Caliber Update

As iOS version updates go, the last one was fairly minor. The Facebook integration was nice, Siri took important steps forward and Passbook has serious potential. iOS 6 had dozens of other minor improvements, but no blockbusters. Its most anticipated feature, Maps, flopped so badly itled to a shake-up of Apple's executive team . Remember when iOS 5 launched ? That felt like an almost revolutionary upgrade. Notification Center, iMessage, iCloud and Twitter integration were all huge. It also introduced over-the-air updates and iTunes-free device activation. Even something as imperfect as Newsstand at least represented a new play for Apple and a promising opportunity for publishers. Then, of course, the iPhone 4S introduced us to Siri. By comparison, iOS 6 was a more subtle, iterative update. And that's fine. But the next one needs be more like the jump to iOS 5: It's going to need at least one experience-changing, killer feature. I never upgraded my phone to iOS 6. I wanted to, but the desire to hang onto my jailbreak prevented me from tapping the button. Then the Maps thing happened, reinforcing my decision. By the time both of those issues were resolved, I had been using iOS 6 on my iPad for a few months and had played with a friend's iPhone 5. Aside from maybe the ability to more competently write about Passbook, I didn't feel any burning desire to update my phone. In fact, the first hint of regret I felt was last week when I tried to download Google's new Field Trip app for iOS and was informed that it required iOS 6. I realize this is purely subjective, but I couldn't help but notice that the things luring me toward iOS 6 were Google-built apps, not Apple's own efforts.  When you look at a device like the Nexus 4 , it's easy to why some are defecting. The hardware is nice and the operating system itself has come a long way. Even Apple diehards are able to admit that Google Now makes Siri look like a joke. Across the board, Google's mobile design has improved dramatically, something we iOS users have been getting a taste of for the last six months. The Nexus 4 even has a cool wireless charging orb! I want one.

What Should iOS 7 Look Like?

So what can Apple to do make sure its next big launch creates that gotta-have-it foam at the mouths of consumers? The next hardware upgrade (this summer's rumored iPhone 5S ) will likely be pretty minor: slightly better cameras, a faster processor and so forth. Hopefully the model after that leaves room for substantial improvements, but in the meantime Apple has to flex its product development muscle with software.  Perfect timing. With iOS chief Scott Forstall out and superstar industrial designer Jony Ive given more authority over the visual design of Apple's products, iOS may now be poised to take some seriously bold steps forward. To the excitement of many, Ive's oversight is likely to mean less skeuomorphic design , but those changes probably won't be made overnight. Let's hope it also means a deeper retooling of the broader user experience.  Things like wireless charging, NFC and changes to the form factor may have to wait, but there are plenty of software-based enhancements that Apple users are clamoring for. Multi-user sign-in, AirDrop file-sharing, dynamic app icons that display live data, a radical expansion of Siri (by opening up an API to third parties), better app management and, of course, improvements to Apple's Maps app are all common requests .  The ability to set one's default Web browser, maps app and email client (at the very least) would go a long way toward making iOS more user-friendly in the way that Android users already enjoy.  To get an idea of iOS's true potential, we can just do what Apple does: Look at the jailbreak community. Many of the platform'smost celebrated features were borrowed from developers  who built new concepts without Apple's initial approval. Multitasking, copy and paste, Notification Center and data tethering are just a few examples.  Even though Apple has adopted popular jailbreak features, there remain plenty of compelling reasons to circumvent Apple's controls . Many of them, as commenters are quick to point out, are things that Android does out of the box. They're right. If it wants to keep Google at bay, Apple might consider letting users customize iOS more.
 Wearable Computing: Apple's Next Hardware Play?

Of course, a significant hardware update isn't entirely out of the question. If the rumors are true, we may be getting an iOS-powered smart watch alongside the next iPhone. If executed as well as Apple is known to do things, the so-called iWatch  could make up for an otherwise lackluster refresh on the iPhone 5S. A successful foray into wearable computing by this fall could give Apple a leg up over Google, whose ambitious Glass device doesn't launch until the end of the year and is already marked by legitimate privacy concerns andpotential social stigma . An iWatch could succeed in snapping consumer excitement about Apple firmly back into place and keep the masses happy until the iPhone can get a proper hardware refresh. But even with a sleek, wearable gadget, Apple needs to push its software forward. iOS 7 needs to be indispensable.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Leopantro: 8:57pm On Mar 22, 2013
readwrite.com/2013/03/12/why-apple-ios-7-needs-to-kill-it
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by bigsecsyde(m): 10:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
I downloaded a theme from cydia and it forced my iphone4s to safe mode, after uninstalling the theme, my Iphone has been rebooting and all of a sudden, it is stuck at the apple logo and wont come up again. Pls i need urgent help on what to do to correct this> Thanks
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by softtouch2(m): 1:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
bigsecsyde: I downloaded a theme from cydia and it forced my iphone4s to safe mode, after uninstalling the theme, my Iphone has been rebooting and all of a sudden, it is stuck at the apple logo and wont come up again. Pls i need urgent help on what to do to correct this> Thanks

Boot to safe-mode by holding volume-up key then ON the phone and keep holding the vol-up key. Is your theme Dreamboard or Winterboard dependent?... Which ever, remove it. It will automatically remove all dependencies installed with the theme, then reboot.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by bigsecsyde(m): 2:50pm On Mar 23, 2013
i tried that, but still stuck to the apple logo home-screen...It shows the apple logo for some seconds, the screen then go blank and the logo comes up like 2seconds later. The theme is winterboard.

Boot to safe-mode by holding volume-up key then ON the phone and keep holding the vol-up key. Is your theme Dreamboard or Winterboard dependent?... Which ever, remove it. It will automatically remove all dependencies installed with the theme, then reboot.[/quote]
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by softtouch2(m): 3:30pm On Mar 23, 2013
bigsecsyde: i tried that, but still stuck to the apple logo home-screen...It shows the apple logo for some seconds, the screen then go blank and the logo comes up like 2seconds later. The theme is winterboard.

When you hold the volume-up key, u must not release it untill fully boot.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by bigsecsyde(m): 4:12pm On Mar 23, 2013
@soft-touch< thanks for the reply.. i tried it and it keep rebooting and just showing the apple logo.
soft-touch:

When you hold the volume-up key, u must not release it untill fully boot.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 23, 2013
bigsecsyde: @soft-touch< thanks for the reply.. i tried it and it keep rebooting and just showing the apple logo.
THE FONE HAS CRASHED. RESTORE
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by bigsecsyde(m): 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2013
tried to restore, but it keep trying to upgrade me to 6.1.3. Is there no way i can restore to my ios6. cos i want to still rejailbreak after
tumababa:
THE FONE HAS CRASHED. RESTORE
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 23, 2013
bigsecsyde: tried to restore, but it keep trying to upgrade me to 6.1.3. Is there no way i can restore to my ios6. cos i want to still rejailbreak after

Hmmmm. U might need to give an experience person to try all tricks then. For now im not sure u can restore back to 612 on 4S (even if u av shsh saved)
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Dabss(m): 11:27am On Mar 24, 2013
hey guys!
any hope for my ip4 on 5.1.1 getting 6.1.2 without shsh?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Suntemi(m): 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
hey guys!
any hope for my ip4 on 5.1.1 getting 6.1.2 without shsh?

No sir.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Dabss(m): 7:29pm On Mar 24, 2013
sun_temi:

No sir.
but sir, i read something about using redsnow instead of itunes for restoring! that true?
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by softtouch2(m): 8:01pm On Mar 24, 2013
Da_b¤§§.:
but sir, i read something about using redsnow instead of itunes for restoring! that true?

Only between iOS 5.x.x and another iOS 5.x.x, you must have all the shsh ready for the restore via Redsnow.
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by sundayid(m): 11:51am On Mar 25, 2013
Guys I need your answer
Which one do I buy between bold 2 and iphone 3gs 16GB. Both are thesame price
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 25, 2013
sundayid: Guys I need your answer
buy both... they serve different purposes in terms of apps. if u want bbm buy bold, if u need apps buy 3gs, if u need both buy both. grin grin
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by sundayid(m): 12:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
tumababa:
buy both... they serve different purposes in terms of apps. if u want bbm buy bold, if u need apps buy 3gs, if u need both buy both. grin grin
My oga @ the top, money no dey to buy both
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by sundayid(m): 12:25pm On Mar 25, 2013
Btw hope iphone doesn't drink data like android
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by DeeOneBangin: 2:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
Guys what netwrk do u use on ur iPhones? Presently I use 1gb airtel @#1,200. Is dt the best one can get for now? *jst saying ooo, if u use a better bundle offer, u cld share. Thanks

@tumababa: thanks, I got anoda usb cord. Discovered my old one was faulty wen I tried it with anoda system
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 25, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:
Guys what netwrk do u use on ur iPhones? Presently I use 1gb airtel @#1,200. Is dt the best one can get for now? *jst saying ooo, if u use a better bundle offer, u cld share. Thanks

@tumababa: thanks, I got anoda usb cord. Discovered my old one was faulty wen I tried it with anoda system

u welcome. concerning plan i use glo 5k for 3gig
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by stephenponti(m): 10:09pm On Mar 25, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:

U can try MTN weekly/monthly bb #500/#1500. working presently on any device just set your apn to blackberry.net
User name & pass web
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by sinade1(m): 11:05am On Mar 27, 2013
sundayid: Guys I need your answer

Buy Bold 2 if you need bbm (many lady contacts), otherwise buy iPhone 3gs. cool cool cool
Re: iPhone Killer Apps 2 by sundayid(m): 12:25pm On Mar 27, 2013
sinade1:

Buy Bold 2 if you need bbm (many lady contacts), otherwise buy iPhone 3gs. cool cool cool
Thanks I'll go for iphone but how do I download paid apps for free?

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (111) (Reply)

Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt / New Airtel Internet Bundle Plans, Prices And Activation Codes / Solution To ANY soft/hard Bricked Android Phones/tablets, Blackberry's, PS3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.