Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,831 members, 7,930,865 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 10:35 AM

Whitney Houston Is Dead! - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Whitney Houston Is Dead! (16689 Views)

Breaking News: Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown Is Dead / Whitney Houston Murdered By Drug Dealers Over $1.5m Debt / Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by manmustwac(m): 12:09pm On Feb 12, 2012
Counted 39 topics in celebrities romance and nairaland/general about Whitney Houston's death if you include this one then its 40. shocked. Am sure there should be another 8 somewhere to make 48.  shocked
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by okunboy: 12:12pm On Feb 12, 2012
Anytime AARON RAMSEY scores for Arsenal the next day someone must die. He scored against Tot'ham & next day Steve Jobs died. He scored against UTD next day Osama Died, He scored against Marseille next day Gadaffi died, Now he has scored against sunderland nd whitney houston is dead! Hmmmmm.:s wink :O :x
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by MissyB3(f): 12:16pm On Feb 12, 2012
Great loss. . .Sad indeed.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 12:18pm On Feb 12, 2012
cap28:

This is a terrible loss - my heart goes out to your only child Bobbi Kristina and your mother Cissy Houston who was the foundation of your success.  I pray that they will be able to bear your loss with strength and courage.

Whitney you brought joy to so many with your incredible voice , you made a few mistakes in your life but no-one is above making mistakes even you.  All in all you achieved so much and were blessed with beauty and talent, may your soul rest in peace.

(Someone mentioned something about stars purchasing their properties using mortgages despite the huge amount of money that they earn.

Most stars do not take out mortgages , they pay cash for their homes but when they fall on hard times they borrow from the banks using their homes as collateral, its only when they fall behind with the repayments that their homes are forclosed on.)

Cap28, we both know all this was the work of the whiteman.

Those evil motherfckers planned this. They were just jealous of seeing a successful and well-behaved black that was winning too much awards. They did not want to see us blacks succeed like that. The hated seeing a good black role model that can teach our kids to be better behaved so they engineered her hooking up with a black they were already destroying (Bobby) so they can destroy Whitney as well.

See as they made her fall rapidly. Is it not the whiteman that is on top the food chain in drug selling? They targeted her with that poisonous stuff till she died.

The whiteman just wants to keep all blacks below and ghetto.

Abi I lie?
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by ochukoccna: 12:19pm On Feb 12, 2012
RIP
So sad
Pour out a little liquor as 2Pac would say
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 12:20pm On Feb 12, 2012
okunboy:

Anytime AARON RAMSEY scores for Arsenal the next day someone must die. He scored against Tot'ham & next day Steve Jobs died. He scored against UTD next day Osama Died,  He scored against Marseille next day Gadaffi died,  Now he has scored against sunderland nd whitney houston is dead! Hmmmmm.:s wink :O :x

Lol.

I am going to be watching out for this shyt, men.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by begwong: 12:24pm On Feb 12, 2012
RIPP,where is bobby brown?
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by yam: 12:26pm On Feb 12, 2012
dianah:

I woke up this morning to the news of Whitney Houston’s death! It was a weird shocker to me because yesterday morning, I was watching a video of what has turned out to be one of her last songs “I Look To You” and I started reminiscing on my early teens and how much she had changed. I remember clearly how my cousin Seun, my friend Vwede and so many others have all thought her inspirational and had even thought most singers after her were all "Whitney wannabes". We used to say that Whitney not being in the scene for some years actually gave some singers an opportunity to shine.
It broke my heart when her life started falling apart, and I was one of those people who prayed she would get her life back, so this morning did not start on the happiest note for me. I thought marrying Bobby Brown was not one of her smartest moves, but I am not one of those people who attributed ALL her problems to marrying Bobby, because in my opinion, we give him too much credit, she was not a string puppet. (It;s like saying all Celine Dion's Success is cos of her husband or Iyke made Tina Turner) I believe people contribute to our failure or success, but we cant keep blaming or "praising them forever, cos we have a role to play.
I have been feeling a bit low this weekend, trying to get over malaria and some other stuff, and in a strange way Whitney’s death has got me thinking….how much we fuss over everything and death just makes it all seem so vain, how much each day ought to be lived to the fullest, how we have to make each day count for good, because all we have is the very second, minute or hour to make an impact.
I am overwhelmed with so much emotion right now, not just by Whitney’s death, but by life itself. How we take each day for granted sometimes not knowing it just might be our last.
I am no preacher, I am just one very emotional individual who thinks our time here on earth is for a reason, reasons way beyond our vanities, our wealth, our looks and all that we hold dear. I am one of those who believe that whatever gift God has given us is a huge waste if we only use it for our benefit.
I am one of those people who cry and hurt over every injustice or suffering because I really think this world can be a very happy place if we could just treat people the way we would like to be treated, with what as I Christian I still call the “courtesy of Christ”

I am going to end this note saying,

Dear Whitney, I sincerely pray you find eternal rest in God’s bossom, hopefully you get to sing with the angels,and to my Dear readers, let’s try to make today count for good, because realistically, we don’t know if we will have a tomorrow.

Follow on twitter: @dianahsplace
www.dianahsplace.info

@dianah,
i like this, i think i am fallin over u, dont worry i am not following u on twitter but am at Dianah place right.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by cap28: 12:37pm On Feb 12, 2012
Sagamite:

Those evil motherfckers planned this. They were just jealous of seeing a successful and well-behaved black that was winning too much awards. They did not want to see us blacks succeed like that. The hated seeing a good black role model that can teach our kids to be better behaved so they engineered her hooking up with a black they were already destroying (Bobby) so they can destroy Whitney as well.

See as they made her fall rapidly. Is it not the whiteman that is on top the food chain in drug selling? They targeted her with that poisonous stuff till she died.

Abi I lie?

I have come to the conclusion that there is no justice in this world - why do i say this?

Amy Winehouse - dead
Michael Jackson - dead
Luther Vandross - dead
Whitney Houston - dead

Sagamite - still alive

What sort of world are we living in where ugly mutant looking monstrosites with zero usefulness to humanity are allowed to continue to take up space on this earth while the above mentioned music legends(with the exception of Winehouse who died at 27) leave us prematurely?

Sagamite - can you do the decent thing and committ suicide as you are serving no useful purpose on this planet.

by the way your trainer is doing a good job teaching  you how to mimic humans - you still need to work on your grammar though - cos its atrocious (see bolded) .
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by yam: 12:39pm On Feb 12, 2012
okunboy:

Anytime AARON RAMSEY scores for Arsenal the next day someone must die. He scored against Tot'ham & next day Steve Jobs died. He scored against UTD next day Osama Died, He scored against Marseille next day Gadaffi died, Now he has scored against sunderland nd whitney houston is dead! Hmmmmm.:s wink :O :x
Sagamite:

Lol.

I am going to be watching out for this shyt, men.

@sagamite,
perphaps you should also be watching out if ramsey is on drugs too.

WAT I MEAN IS DAT THIS IS NOT THE BEST TYME TO TELL US ABOUT HOW BAD DRUGS USAGE ARE,DEFINETLY NOT.

Learn the act called MATURITY, You dont greet a woman that just delivered a baby in front of a barren woman they are better time to say that.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 12:44pm On Feb 12, 2012
cap28:

I have come to the conclusion that there is no justice in this world - why do i say this?

Amy Winehouse - dead
Michael Jackson - dead
Luther Vandross - dead
Whitney Houston - dead

Sagamite - still alive

What sort of world are we living in where ugly mutant looking monstrosites with zero usefulness to humanity are allowed to continue to take up space on this earth while the above mentioned music legends leave us prematurely?

Sagamite - can you do the decent thing and committ suicide as you are serving no useful purpose on this planet.

by the way your trainer is doing a good job teaching  you how to mimic humans - you still need to work on your grammar though - cos its atrocious (see bolded) .

Maybe I am alive because I don't condemn the whiteman for all of my failures like you. So the evil whiteman is leaving me alone for now. grin

Come o, cap, this is scary. These white muthafuckers mean business with this drug selling to destroy black people. Of those you listed, 3 are black legends and 1 was a white woman trying to sing like a black woman.

FCK! WHITE MAN! Ah, they are so wicked. grin

yam:

@sagamite,
perphaps you should also be watching out  if ramsey is on drugs too.

WAT I MEAN IS DAT THIS IS NOT THE BEST TYME TO TELL US ABOUT HOW BAD DRUGS USAGE ARE,DEFINETLY NOT.

Learn  the act called MATURITY, You dont greet a woman that just delivered a baby in front of a barren woman they are better time to say that.

You can shove that opinion up your arse!

I will always express my view about those that take drugs so those that I see in real life that say "I will try anything once" or "It is OK to use it occasionally" can learn.

Stay off drugs!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by yam: 12:57pm On Feb 12, 2012
cap28:

Amy Winehouse - dead
Michael Jackson - dead
Luther Vandross - dead
Whitney Houston - dead

Sagamite - still alive

What sort of world are we living in where ugly mutant looking monstrosites with zero usefulness to humanity are allowed to continue to take up space on this earth while the above mentioned music legends(with the exception of Winehouse who died at 27) leave us prematurely?

by the way your trainer is doing a good job teaching you how to mimic humans - you still need to work on your grammar though - cos its atrocious (see bolded) .

@caplink
nice one.

Sagamite:

Abi I lie?

@sagamite,
are u ok?
y dont u ve an NGO that talks about the use of drugs while the victim is still alive and not an NGO talks about drugs while the victim is dead,
go and find out celebrities on drugs and talk with them before they die, Majek fashek and ur sister should on the priority list,and forget to tell your mum to stay off drugs
thank u
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 1:00pm On Feb 12, 2012
yam:

@sagamite,
are u ok?
y dont u ve an NGO that talks about the use of drugs while the victim is still alive and not an NGO talks about drugs while the victim is dead,
go and find out celebrities on drugs and talk with them before they die, Majek fashek and ur sister should on the priority list,and forget to tell your mum to stay off drugs
thank u

Cretin, you still are sniffing this stuff?

I should waste my beautiful life going to save moorons that destroyed their own life out of their own free will?

Foool!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by chiketee(m): 1:10pm On Feb 12, 2012
Lol. Sagamite. Its funny how u think u r d ideal human specimen, telling us how u have d super powers to say no. Its not about u. Its about Whitney. When u close ur mind to d entirety of a story and choose to judge based on ur own superior moral principles u leave urself handicapped mentally. Do I agree with u about how bad drugs r? Yes. Do I think u r being a douche bag? Yes Lol. But its ur opinion. At d end man we all die. Go six feet under whether u do drugs or not. Just hope ppl will appreciate ur existence when u die as much as Whitney's
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2012
r i p whitney. . . Even though u're dead u will continue to live in us cos ur music and life wil be engraved in the stone of time. 'your love is my love' sweetie, 'n no matter what the people say. . . U'l be waitin in heaven till judgement day'
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Freesia(f): 1:14pm On Feb 12, 2012
RIP Ms Houston,what a sad and tragic end!!

ogugua88:

Cosign -100%. Do remember that she was from the ghettos of New Jersey. I do believe that she was a bad girl forming good the same way Bobby Brown was a bad boy forming good in New Edition.

Not sure about the Ghetto part,East Orange was a middle class neighborhood way back when Whitney was growing up not sure about now.
She once said on Oprah that growing up there was no time for boys it was school,church and then career when she met Bobby things changed.
They say love makes you do crazy things,She might have thought if she doesn't do drugs she might loose him who knows!!!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 1:19pm On Feb 12, 2012
chiketee:

Lol. Sagamite. Its funny how u think u r d ideal human specimen, telling us how u have d super powers to say no. Its not about u. Its about Whitney. When u close ur mind to d entirety of a story and choose to judge based on ur own superior moral principles u leave urself handicapped mentally. Do I agree with u about how bad drugs r? Yes. Do I think u r being a douche bag? Yes Lol. But its ur opinion. At d end man we all die. Go six feet under whether u do drugs or not. Just hope ppl will appreciate ur existence when u die as much as Whitney's

You are a cretin!

You are one because, first of all, you did not realise I am the ideal human specimen. That just makes you clearly a FOOOOL.

Secondly, explain to me, the "entirety of the story" that could possibly justify drug use. Dimwit, feel free to speculate and I promise not to punish you for speculation. Speculation will help you come up with a story, so I give you the liberty.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by cap28: 1:21pm On Feb 12, 2012
Sagamite:

[b]Maybe I am alive because I don't condemn the whiteman for all of my failures like you. [/b]So the evil whiteman is leaving me alone for now. grin

Come o, cap, this is scary. These white muthafuckers mean business with this drug selling to destroy black people. Of those you listed, 3 are black legends and 1 was a white woman trying to sing like a black woman.

FCK! WHITE MAN! Ah, they are so wicked. grin

Even with her drug problems the late Ms Houston was a better human being than you and anyone tainted with your abnormal gene pool will ever  be.

Who would i rather spend time with a lonely, ignorant, ugly, self proclaimed internet warrior with a forehead the size of a melon or a beautiful, talented singer - ooh saga help me out cos im so confused!!!!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 1:27pm On Feb 12, 2012
cap28:

Even with her drug problems the late Ms Houston was a better human being than you and anyone tainted with your abnormal gene pool will ever  be.

Who would i rather spend time with a lonely, ignorant, ugly, self proclaimed internet warrior with a forehead the size of a melon or a beautiful, talented singer - ooh saga help me out cos im so confused!!!!

You are deluded cretin, I am not a poof like you why will you say we would spend time together.

Bloody poof, retract that pansy statement NOW!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by babsjnr(m): 1:32pm On Feb 12, 2012
@yam you better stop that old skool slavery mentality and stop blaming white people for your sh*t, Oh yeah I was always pull over by white cops coz I'm black driving an exotic car, I can't get a professional jobs coz am black I hate black people that think low like you, sh*t happened everyday in life white,black and asian died everyday across the world. White people do not killed whitney.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by cap28: 1:34pm On Feb 12, 2012
Sagamite:

You are deluded cretin, I am not a poof like you why will you say we would spend time together.

Bloody poof, retract that pansy statement NOW!

hahaha in your dreams mate. I am not gay but i know for a fact that you are one lonely gay who hasnt had a date in years hence your pent up s.exual frustration.

the only way a gay man would look at you was if he were wearing beer goggles and there was a power cut in the night club.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 1:43pm On Feb 12, 2012
cap28:

hahaha in your dreams mate. I am not gay but i know for a fact that you are one lonely gay who hasnt had a date in years hence your pent up s.exual frustration.

the only way a gay man would look at you was if he were wearing beer goggles and there was a power cut in the night club.

You are cretin!

Publicly retract that pansy statement NOW! Bloody poof.

I aint playing with your gay arse. Retract the statement!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2012
RIP Whitney!!! cry I will remember you for your incredible talent.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 12, 2012
This was the song singers use to see if they could really sing or not. cry

[flash=428,368]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QaI-M9sxW4?version=3&feature=player_detailpage[/flash]
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Horus(m): 3:09pm On Feb 12, 2012
Sagamite:

[size=23pt]Cretin![/size]

Stop shouting insults and have some respect for the memory of Whitney Houston.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 12, 2012
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by rhymz(m): 3:47pm On Feb 12, 2012
Whitney Houston was the female version of Michael Jackson.
Back in the 80s her kind of success was very uncommon and have only been attained by a handful of artiste.
If there is one woman with a mastery of voice control it was Whitney. Whitney will turn any kind of song into a huge hit that will make you forget about the original version. Most of the songs she had covered were not originally hers and had been sung before. However, when whitney sang them, she turned them into a gold mine of her own. Her debute abulm sold over 7million in the U.S and later went on to sell over 25million copies worldwide. Just as Micheal Jackson can be credited with opening the road for black singers into America's mainstream market and being the first black artist to get a heavy rotation on MTV for blacks, Whitney Houston can be credited with opening the way for black female singers into mainstream American music market, she was MTV's first female Megastar. Her second album was even greater, selling over 9million in the US alone, at that time, at that time she was only rivalled by legends like Michael Jackson, Prince and Madona. Her success helped black and minority female singers like Janet Jackson, Maria Carey and Paula Abdul to cross-over with similar but unmarched appeal and success.
Till today, Whitney has the most successful film soundtrack of all time; "I will always Love you" which went on to sell about 50million copies worldwide.
I will always love was originally written by Dolly Patton and had been covered by a lot of artistes-both male and female-but Whitney turned it into a goldmine and her version is the most popular and successful of all the version. As big as Dolly Parton was beforehand, whitney managed to rip her name of the song and turned it to hers. That particular song spent 14wks at no1 at the chart.
This woman was a mine of success and had a very powerful voice that many could only wish for. She was a pioneer and made songs that set the standards for today's artistes. Her personal life may not have been perfect but I choose to remember her by her works and how she used music to touch people's life. This might sound a little sissy but I am yet to a male fan of whitney that has more of her songs and know how to sing them like me. . Lol
geeeez. . .even as I write I am busy listen to one her songs "Hold Me" with teddy Pendergrass. . . Mehn this was when talent mattered in music. . Her vocal range and extreme voice control are qualities that makes her a delight to watch even when she belts she does it in a very skillful way that she does not have to shout unlike Maria whom I feel sometimes screams unneccessarily in her songs. You listen to her songs like "saving all my love", "greatest love", "where do broken hearts go" her duet with Jarmain Jackson, "Nobody loves Me like you do" or the one with Maria Carey, "When you believe".
Whitney is not your regular superstar like lady gaga or Nicky Minaj whom as far as I concerned are not known for their talent in music but just their weird and disturbing images on music videos. Or like Beyonce who has got the voice but still sees the need to sell her abulms using her sex appeal as is seen in her over-sexualized videos. Whitney was more 100% talent and personality, she did not need to dress weird to get attention, turn into a sex object in her videos. Her videos were always about music and love.
Wow!! Am still shocked mehn, this woman is damn too young to die like this. And please lets accord her some respect here, it has not been confirmed or certified that she died of drugs, she was found in a bathtub, and so far the only drugs that have been seen in her hotel room so far are just prescription drugs. Whatever allusion to her being killed by drugs are erronously based on her row with drugs in the past. Let's give her the benefits of our doubts. I believe whitney was troubled and never recovered from her divorce with Bobby Brown, she was claimed on Oprah that Bobby was her drugs and whatever they did, they did it together. Her decision to leave Bobby was not her will, she prolly succumbed to pressure from friends and family, may have seemed the best decision but she obviously did not get over it. Babe, rest in peace. . .you give good loving gurl.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Ozegbe(m): 3:48pm On Feb 12, 2012
vanity upon.vanity all is vanity says the preacher. RIP
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Omen100(m): 4:04pm On Feb 12, 2012
Lady Gaga You dey hear? You drug infested daughter of a Biatch! Very soon they'll sacrifice you on the altar of fame, silly woman!
Deluminati
What is the meaning this, you can't go on the internet and start abusing other people's favorite stars, it's hard nomal.I am really hurt over the dead of Queen of Night Blues, but that will make you to abuse the Queen of the Momment. Please I will be greatful if u stop abusing my Lady Gaga because I am involved with her.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by rhymz(m): 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2012
Watching her top 20 videos right now on MTV base. . . i wanna run to you.
Mehn, when are we going to have a soulful voice like this again. Few muscians move me like whitney does. . . Damn, i feel like crying men.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2012
^
I actually did shed a tear for Whitney when I listened to Run to You again earlier today. Such a soulful, soothing voice that humanizes even the most bestial of creatures. That voice has always tamed my stubborn inner demons, right from my early teens. Oh dear.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by rosaida: 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2012
whitney houston is a good singer (rip) :' cry but bobby brown is a Bleep

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Monalisa Chinda & Ini Edo At Genevieve Mag Morning Dew Reading / Timi Dakolo Celebrates His 36th Birthday Today / Kunbi Oyelese & Lanre Tomori's White Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.