Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,452 members, 7,897,914 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 10:34 PM

Whitney Houston Is Dead! - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Whitney Houston Is Dead! (16654 Views)

Breaking News: Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown Is Dead / Whitney Houston Murdered By Drug Dealers Over $1.5m Debt / Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by viewlekan: 1:33am On Feb 13, 2012
cap28:

Its easy to stand in judgement when you have never had access to the kind of fame and immense wealth that she had access to.

Superstars do not live like the rest of us, they have access to people and places that many of us can only dream about so we cant expect them to live like the rest of us.

They also move in circles where drug use is the norm, they attend parties where cocaine and other drugs are taken openly it takes a very strong person to resist that.

You refer to the birth of her daughter as unfortunate - why?  despite her drug problems she loved her daughter and so did Bobby.

I think we should just allow her to rest in peace, she was a legend and i doubt that there will ever be another like her again.  

You make some valid points but my opinion is that she had all the time and support to make amends and deviate from her destructive path.

I referred to the birth of her child as unfortunate because her daughter was born in a household where both parents were regular and long-term drug users. If they were not celebrities, that girl would have been removed by the authorities.

You are correct about the external influences that the average "superstar" faces but my opinion is that she could have done things differently.

I agree we should let her rest in peace and celebrate her achievements; but it is important that her life should be used as an example to educate people on the negative impact of drugs.

She was one in a million-no doubt! But to say we wont see another like her is pushing it. She made an impact and we are grateful but there are lots of talents out there yet to be tapped, her life will teach them on how to maximise their potential without making the same mistakes.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Ivynwa(f): 5:13am On Feb 13, 2012
Still can't believe that Whitney is no more there to make me sweet music like this

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ2POaIdSts?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315"[/flash]
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by mission08: 9:57am On Feb 13, 2012
With your songs, u inspired millions of people. I'v always been hoping for a turnaround for u, but alas u passed on. Right now, ur songs are been played in my head. So sad to lose a talent.

Whitney Houston- Adieu
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Meldrick(m): 9:59am On Feb 13, 2012
One lesson we all must take from this especially singles is the fact that our choice of spouse has a great effect on our lives. You spouse could either ruin you or make you. For me, her world shattered with Bobby entering her life. Until then, this sweet jewel was a model for most young people. She had agreat influence on the youts and evn most ladies that sing today. The Beyounce's, Rihannas, Jennifer Hudson name it. Even our local artists will tell you they dreamt of been like Whitney.
Painfully and very painfully, she is gone.

Whitney, I'll always love you.
Adieu.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by hbrednic: 11:54am On Feb 13, 2012
goodbye whitney,may yourest in peace  cry cry
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by ray4life(m): 1:00pm On Feb 13, 2012
She had the he perfect voice, and the perfect image: a gorgeous singer who Were Intimate appeal but was never overtly intimate, who maintained perfect poise.

Yeah! Until She met Bobby.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by executinal(m): 1:53pm On Feb 13, 2012
R.I.P Whitney Houston
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by armyofone(m): 3:34am On Feb 14, 2012
RIP, will miss you, Whitney.
sad
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 3:36am On Feb 14, 2012
May she rest in peace.

She was a legend, then she let herself fall.

She should be wished a peaceful eternal life, but she should not be put up in any pedestal.

She let herself go, became a bad role model for not only the world, but for her daughter who is currently dealing with her own substance issue.

She gave up on herself.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 9:15am On Feb 14, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

May she rest in peace.

She was a legend, then she let herself fall.

She should be wished a peaceful eternal life, but she should not be put up in any pedestal.

She let herself go, became a bad role model for not only the world, but for her daughter who is currently dealing with her own substance issue.

She gave up on herself.

Are you serious?
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Horus(m): 5:32pm On Feb 14, 2012

Whitney Houston with Nelson Mandela
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by cap28: 10:03pm On Feb 15, 2012
^^^

Horus thanks for posting - i love this picture, she seemed so at peace with herself and the world.

Whitney - there will never be another you.

RIP.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Mobinga: 12:28am On Feb 16, 2012
So much greatness in one photograph.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by tpia5: 4:43am On Feb 16, 2012
didnt know her dad was half italian.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by tpia5: 4:57am On Feb 16, 2012
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by virunga: 5:43am On Feb 16, 2012
May she rest in peace. Good bye legend,
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by tlops(m): 6:27pm On Feb 17, 2012
burial tomorrow!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by edetcnn(m): 8:44am On Feb 19, 2012
TO WHITNEY AND FOR MYSELF, IF ONE DAY ,

If you have ever been in d grip of something that makes you relegate your humanity and mortality to the background for what on a clear eye day, you will characterize as momentary madness. Something that makes you feel ashamed of your maturity and Christianity moments after the flash of ecstasy clears; something that makes you shed secret tears and beg God every night to help save you from yourself; something that you seem to have no control over, drawing you, even when you know that each indulgence makes you despicable in the eyes of the public and brings you closer to your grave; You will know never to criticize Whitney Houston.

The Bible says it is not of him that willeth nor runeth but of the Lord that showeth mercy. If you have never lighted a cigarette, smoked a joint, sniffed a line, or stayed glued on the screen with your hands in your pants, I want you to go down on your knees after reading this and thank God for being merciful to you.

WE are doctors, pastors, true Christians, lawyers, superstars, high-IQ individuals but , God knows why we were caught up in what we are caught up in. I make no excuses. I hold no brief BUT I shed a tear for Whitney, and I have earned the right to call her by her first name.

I am a private individual so I can only imagine what pressure she must have felt, trying to keep up to the image of a public saint while struggling with the conscience of a private sinner. And you can't know this if you have never gone to church high and the pastor mentions your name at the altar as a paragon of virtue when you got a list of whores (literarily) in your phone book. Some people survive the same, or even more fatal wounds that others die of. Does it make the fallen lesser mortals or the survivors higher mortals. Indeed we can never know.

To all of you who has condemned a fallen icon, especially those in the public eye, De gustibus non est disputandum. Do not condemn what you don't know!

Adieu Whitney! I will always remember you for your voice, and the joy that your music brought to us.

Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by tpia5: 10:25am On Feb 20, 2012
^^interesting write up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Iyanya Donates N1M For OJB's Kidney Transplant / Top Earning Dead Celebrities / Ndikho Xaba Is Dead, Aged 85

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.