Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,371 members, 7,964,495 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 02:50 PM

Whitney Houston Is Dead! - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Whitney Houston Is Dead! (16717 Views)

Breaking News: Whitney Houston's Daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown Is Dead / Whitney Houston Murdered By Drug Dealers Over $1.5m Debt / Whitney's Open Casket/is It In Bad Taste? Is The Press Fair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by chika98: 6:15pm On Feb 12, 2012
Self righteous much? The insensitivity is stomach churning at best.

It broke my heart when I heard yesterday. cry cry
She will be missed. I remember playing her greatest hits album with my cousin in Philly back in the day. Fun times

May she rest in peace. Too sad cry cry
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Mobinga: 6:50pm On Feb 12, 2012
Sagamite, you need to stop this your reckless sanctimonious utterances especially on threads relating to death.

If you have never been in a serious drug addiction, or had anyone that has been in it, I don't think you should have opinions on what you have severe limited knowledge on. Reading BS articles wouldn't give you even the slightest idea on it.

Beside's, the nature of her death is not public knowledge.

Stop your incessant sanctimonious reasoning altogether.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by cap28: 7:14pm On Feb 12, 2012
Legendary singer and film star Whitney Houston drowned alone in a bathtub having accidentally overdosed on a cocktail of prescription drugs and alcohol after two back-to-back evenings of out-of-control binges, it has been claimed.

The star was found dead by her bodyguard in a luxury hotel suite said to have been littered with bottles of prescription pills. She was 48.
Paramedics battled to revive the singer but she was pronounced dead at 3.55pm yesterday afternoon, hours before she had been due to perform at a pre-Grammys party at the Beverly Hills Hilton in LA.

Bottles of Lorazepam, Valium, Xanax and a sleeping medication were found in the hotel room, it has been claimed. The drugs were believed to have acted as sedatives, causing her to fall asleep in the bathtub once they had been mixed with alcohol from the previous evenings.

As police look into the possibility that the star died from an accidental overdose, there are expected to be emotional scenes at the Grammy awards tonight with many of the singers inspired by Miss Houston dedicating their awards to her.

Miss Houston had battled ravaging addictions to crack cocaine over the years but the drug is not believed to have played a part in her death. Police searched the room for illegal substances after discovering the body.

Her frantic daughter Bobbi Kristina, 19, is understood to have got into a 'furious screaming argument' with authorities who refused to let her into the hotel room to see the body of her dead mother. Friends of Miss Houston's cousin Dionne Warwick, who also went to the hotel to try to see the body, have said that she is 'inconsolable'.

Miss Houston's body remained at the hotel today where her family, including her daughter were paying their last respects, according to radaronline. Last night around 800 guests attended a pre-Grammys dinner at the hotel where Miss Houston died. 
Outside, fans gathered to mourn the star, leaving floral tributes and lighting candles.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2099983/Whitney-Houston-death-US-icon-dead-Beverly-Hills-hotel-room-drugs-battle-aged-48.html#ixzz1mBzP6HIS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2099983/Whitney-Houston-death-US-icon-dead-Beverly-Hills-hotel-room-drugs-battle-aged-48.html

Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by tlops(m): 7:27pm On Feb 12, 2012
rip!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2012
Mobinga:

Sagamite, you need to stop this your reckless sanctimonious utterances especially on threads relating to death.

If you have never been in a serious drug addiction, or had anyone that has been in it, I don't think you should have opinions on what you have severe limited knowledge on. Reading BS articles wouldn't give you even the slightest idea on it.

Beside's, the nature of her death is not public knowledge.

Stop your incessant sanctimonious reasoning altogether.

Why?

Say wetin?

Why can't I condemn dunces?

I have not been on drug addiction because I am not stewpid! That is why my opinion is even more relevant.

What is so wrong in saying people should use their brains?

Death? And so what? That makes them holy?
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by ILOCHUDI(m): 7:40pm On Feb 12, 2012
@sagamite,, you self righteous MF, maybe you should go throw a stone to Mary the adulteress, the option is still open
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by birdman(m): 8:06pm On Feb 12, 2012
Sagamite:

You are cretin!

Publicly retract that pansy statement NOW! Bloody poof.

I aint playing with your gay arse. Retract the statement!

Wtf is a poof. This dude must be one of those low life jand n**gers trying to oyinbo by force. Whitney Houston did more with her life in one year than you will ever do with yours. Go back and wash some more plates olodo.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 8:14pm On Feb 12, 2012
ILOCHUDI:

@sagamite,, you self righteous MF, maybe you should go throw a stone to Mary the adulteress, the option is still open

You are a cretin!

Wetin Mary do you? cheesy

birdman:

Wtf is a poof. This dude must be one of those low life jand n**gers trying to oyinbo by force. Whitney Houston did more with her life in one year than you will ever do with yours. Go back and wash some more plates olodo.

You are a cretin!

Daft foool!

Tell me what she did with her life, dumb shyt. grin
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by ILOCHUDI(m): 8:28pm On Feb 12, 2012
@Sagamite, , what have you and your family generations achieved? maybe you can start listing them, MUMU
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by opeshe2(m): 8:29pm On Feb 12, 2012
Wish You eternal rest, RIP Whitney
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 8:35pm On Feb 12, 2012
ILOCHUDI:

@Sagamite, , what have you and your family generations achieved? maybe you can start listing them,  MUMU

You are a cretin!

My generation has achieved more than your entire Lineage. FOOOL!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by opeshe2(m): 8:37pm On Feb 12, 2012
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by opeshe2(m): 8:38pm On Feb 12, 2012
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Image123(m): 8:49pm On Feb 12, 2012
True happiness comes from knowing Jesus Christ our God and Saviour, nothing else. Not fame, money, drugs, s.ex, nothing else.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by denzel2009: 8:49pm On Feb 12, 2012
RIP Whitney!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 12, 2012
Whitney Houston's 18 year old daughter, Bobbie Christina Brown was just rushed to hospital.

I hope Brandy's lil brother haven't been giving her some salt too
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 9:23pm On Feb 12, 2012
REALITY101:

Whitney Houston's 18 year old daughter, Bobbie Christina Brown was just rushed to hospital.

Are you saying he is a drug dealer?

You can get sued for that ya'kno.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 12, 2012
Sagamite sued for what? We have freedom of speech in this part of the world. Btw shits always happen every he goes. I didn't say nothing tho
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Freesia(f): 10:09pm On Feb 12, 2012
REALITY101:

Oh yeah I remember she used to go out with Ray J too,She should've just left these younger men alone,looks like she was enjoying life at the fast lane with them too
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 10:11pm On Feb 12, 2012
Freesia:

Oh yeah I remember she used to go out with Ray J too,She should've just left these younger men alone,looks like she was enjoying life at the fast lane with them too

Abegi. If she can pull them, she should have them.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Freesia(f): 10:21pm On Feb 12, 2012
Sagamite:

Abegi. If she can pull them, she should have them.

hmmm Saga you're a mess  smiley
btw why do you let Nlanders wind you up so much??
always looking out for when your goin to say the C word
and as usual you never disappoint  grin
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 10:27pm On Feb 12, 2012
Freesia:

hmmm Saga you're a mess  smiley
btw why do you let Nlanders wind you up so much??
always looking out for when your goin to say the C word
and as usual you never disappoint  grin

You fit smell my mess from there? shocked

You know I am generous with the C word na.

You will be amazed I am not agree most times on NL, I am just being funny.

The only time I am mad is when some cretin is defending a murderous person/group or something like [i]r[/i]ape. Otherwise the C word is just a casual word to define someone. grin

I am very hard to annoy. cool
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Freesia(f): 10:33pm On Feb 12, 2012
Sagamite:

The only time I am mad is when some[b] cretin[/b] is defending a murderous person/group or something like [i]r[/i]ape. Otherwise the C word is just a casual word to define someone.  grin

lol Oh Lawd you said it again!!!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 10:40pm On Feb 12, 2012
Freesia:

lol Oh Lawd you said it again!!!

Generosity.

I am MKO Abiola. grin
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Freesia(f): 10:53pm On Feb 12, 2012
Sagamite:

Generosity.

I am MKO Abiola. grin

Eheee,
Mr business man,Mr politician or Aristocrat which one??
Choose only one oh!!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Sagamite(m): 10:58pm On Feb 12, 2012
Freesia:

Eheee,
Mr business man,Mr politician or Aristocrat which one??
Choose only one oh!!

Philanthropist that give cretins to people that deserve it. cheesy
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by Freesia(f): 11:05pm On Feb 12, 2012
Sagamite:

Philanthropist that give cretins to people that deserve it. cheesy

Goodstuff !! Nice to see you have a soft spot for the underdog
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by kmzee(m): 11:09pm On Feb 12, 2012
MAY her gentle soul RIP and GOD watch over little KRISTINA- d deceased daughter Amen
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by viewlekan: 11:11pm On Feb 12, 2012
It is really sad that W.Houston had to die at a relatively young age. I cannot comment on the exact cause of death as a post mortem is yet to be carried out, but given her lifestyle and way she was found (in a bath tub), it is sensible to infer that she likely died of drug related activities.

Like a poster pointed out earlier, just days ago she was embroiled in a scuffle with journalists and photgraphers after she had partied with friends. There is also speculations she was about to be declared bankrupt in the coming weeks, it is a possibility that her lifestyle and the fact she was about to loose everything contributed to her death.

I have read the arguements on this thread about her legacy which essentially is based on whether she got what was coming to her or whether she should be remembered for her talent and her contribution (which was immence) to the music industry.

Actually, I think both parties are right regardless of the usual brickering on NL.

My take on her life can be summarised by her own admission in an interview with O.Winferey where she admitted that "she was her own worst enemy". Lots of folks have understandably come with scathing attacks on B.Brown for his negative influence on her life i.e. drug taking, abuse etc but if we realistically examine that relationship from the beginning, she made the choice to be with him knowing fully well that he was just a low life gangster that had bad habits. He dragged her down but remember she did the chasing. They had a very turbulent relationship which unfortunately led to the birth of a daughter, I am wondering why this did not her make change her ways to give a good example to her daughter- remember she was raised in a church going family. The marraige has been over for over a decade and she did not do anything differently, she missed concerts, lost a considerable amount of weight and all the while was in denial about her drug problems.

I am not here to castigate her. We are human afterall and all have our weaknesses and are fallible creatures. My arguement is that we have to recognise her failures and not just do the usual RIP without examining the fact that she had a lot of years ahead of her to make great inputs in her field.

Some might argue that it is a tad too early for such critisisms- probably! However it is important that we use her case as informational and instructive to the current /future generation of youngsters on the ills of drug taking and the extraordinary negative impact it can have on people no matter how promising and talented they are.

We must also celebrate her life because she was an inspiration and had a pivotal, positive effect on people all over the world hence why we are discussing her relatively short life. I hope she has found the peace that she desperately needed .
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by OAM4J: 12:08am On Feb 13, 2012
What a loss!
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by cap28: 12:24am On Feb 13, 2012
viewlekan:

It is really sad that W.Houston had to die at a relatively young age. I cannot comment on the exact cause of death as a post mortem is yet to be carried out, but given her lifestyle and way she was found (in a bath tub), it is sensible to infer that she likely died of drug related activities.

Like a poster pointed out earlier, just days ago she was embroiled in a scuffle with journalists and photgraphers after she had partied with friends. There is also speculations she was about to be declared bankrupt in the coming weeks, it is a possibility that her lifestyle and the fact she was about to loose everything contributed to her death.

I have read the arguements on this thread about her legacy which essentially is based on whether she got what was coming to her or whether she should be remembered for her talent and her contribution (which was immence) to the music industry.

Actually, I think both parties are right regardless of the usual brickering on NL.

My take on her life can be summarised by her own admission in an interview with O.Winferey where she admitted that "she was her own worst enemy". Lots of folks have understandably come with scathing attacks on B.Brown for his negative influence on her life i.e. drug taking, abuse etc but if we realistically examine that relationship from the beginning, she made the choice to be with him knowing fully well that he was just a low life gangster that had bad habits. He dragged her down but remember she did the chasing. They had a very turbulent relationship which unfortunately led to the birth of a daughter, I am wondering why this did not her make change her ways to give a good example to her daughter- remember she was raised in a church going family. The marraige has been over for over a decade and she did not do anything differently, she missed concerts, lost a considerable amount of weight and all the while was in denial about her drug problems.

I am not here to castigate her. We are human afterall and all have our weaknesses and are fallible creatures. My arguement is that we have to recognise her failures and not just do the usual RIP without examining the fact that she had a lot of years ahead of her to make great inputs in her field.

Some might argue that it is a tad too early for such critisisms- probably! However it is important that we use her case as informational and instructive to the current /future generation of youngsters on the ills of drug taking and the extraordinary negative impact it can have on people no matter how promising and talented they are.

We must also celebrate her life because she was an inspiration and had a pivotal, positive effect on people all over the world hence why we are discussing her relatively short life. I hope she has found the peace that she desperately needed .

Its easy to stand in judgement when you have never had access to the kind of fame and immense wealth that she had access to.

Superstars do not live like the rest of us, they have access to people and places that many of us can only dream about so we cant expect them to live like the rest of us.

They also move in circles where drug use is the norm, they attend parties where cocaine and other drugs are taken openly it takes a very strong person to resist that.

You refer to the birth of her daughter as unfortunate - why?  despite her drug problems she loved her daughter and so did Bobby.

I think we should just allow her to rest in peace, she was a legend and i doubt that there will ever be another like her again.
Re: Whitney Houston Is Dead! by delpee(f): 12:38am On Feb 13, 2012
, IIII will always love you , RIP Whitney.

Will miss that great voice. sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Iyanya Donates N1M For OJB's Kidney Transplant / Kunbi Oyelese & Lanre Tomori's White Wedding Photos / Muhammed Awal 7th Birthday: Mompha Celebrates His Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.