Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,417 members, 7,881,527 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:29 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8918874 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (14230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:43pm On Sep 03, 2012
All through pre-season and now the first 3 games, it looks like Vida has lost some of his thunder. Considering this a huge part of his game, I doubt he can adjust the Rio did to his decline around 08-09. I really hope Evans has worked out his form blip and ckick on from last seasons strong performances and also Smalling keeps fit and keeps improving. The Rio and Vida partnership is losing its legs fast.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 04, 2012
coogar:

on the top of my head.....
arsenal(fa cup 2007/8, emirates 2009/10)
chelsea(community shield 09/10, league last season)
man city(community shield 11/12, league 10/11)
liverpool(league 07/08) spurs(league 07/08 league 10/11)
plus countless of assists in those games to boot - he has scored against bayern, barcelona and created goals in big european match-ups - and he's not consistent?

Yeah,8 goals in 5 seasons in three competitions.
Consistency indeed.
And I'm supposed to be impressed.
debosky:

Nani has scored multiple times against the top 5 sides of last season in the past 3-4 seasons (more than Valencia has done), but StarBoard is just waiting for Nani to start demonstrating consistency. grin

Waiting for the next definition of consistent. grin
I'm sorry but again, you're just talking for the sake of it.
Valencia in his 3rd season with United is who you are referencing for comparison.
Please spare me.
coogar:

nani's not consistent has to be the biggest joke on this forum. see bad belle o! they said nani is not consistent, we brought out the stats to prove his consistent productivity! they said stats don't count - errrrrrm, how do you measure productivity without numbers and stats? we let that fly.....so we asked them, name a better winger than nani so we can understand the meaning of "consistency" and nothing has been provided! starboard needs to lie down..........
As far as I know you haven't done that.
Please stop making bogus claims here.
You told me Guardiola pursued the Nani in question and I'm yet to see it in hard evidence.
You need to go and sleep.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 04, 2012
@montelik,
Vidic is 30+,and suffering that injury would slow him down.
I'm even amazed he is even fit again.I was under the impression he would miss the start of the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 8:47am On Sep 04, 2012
StarBoard:
I'm sorry but again, you're just talking for the sake of it.
Valencia in his 3rd season with United is who you are referencing for comparison.
Please spare me.

Now we should only assess/compare players by how long they've played at the club! cheesy cheesy

What about the fact that Valencia is 27 and Nani is 25? Should Nani be further down his developmental path at 25 or should Valencia be further down at 27? cheesy

Please show ONE winger with better stats against the clubs mentioned. So far, no definition of consistency, no definition of what the expectation level is except for vacuous references to Ronaldo who is far and above any winger on the planet.

And you have the temerity to say someone else is talking for the sake of it. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:40am On Sep 04, 2012
StarBoard:
Yeah,8 goals in 5 seasons in three competitions.
Consistency indeed.
And I'm supposed to be impressed.

name another winger who's done more?

As far as I know you haven't done that.
Please stop making bogus claims here.
You told me Guardiola pursued the Nani in question and I'm yet to see it in hard evidence.
You need to go and sleep.

hahaha - scroll back to the previous page, my evidence is there, there was a direct quote from nani himself that barcelona tabled a bid for him in 2009. i have provided evidence, stats, facts! i have been asking you to name a better winger for the past 5 days.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:50pm On Sep 04, 2012
LOL this is pure beef! cheesy
Nani has had more assists than ANY OTHER WINGER OR WING FORWARD in the premiership over the last 3 seasons averaging about 13 assists per season.that is far more than walcott,downing,lennon and even valencia.Nani might be more erratic than Valencia in terms of his form but he is consistently in the top 10 in terms of assists in the EPL at the end of the season.even in his last season which was so horrible he was no 7 or so ahead of Lennon,Walcott,Nasri,Gervinho and with the same number of assists as Gareth Bale.
Nani is younger than both Young and Valencia and his skill set is such that he has a higher potential and ceiling than both of these players can ever have.we all remember how frustrating Ronaldo was when he first joined United,i remember some of my Arsenal friends saying Reyes was going to turn out to be a better player than Ronaldo.not saying Nani is of Ronaldo quality but why sell him when there r no obvious replacements of higher quality in d market
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:53am On Sep 05, 2012
To all the warring factions, read this. . .the author has an obvious bias towards Nani but all the same, some cogent points on both players and certainly stats that can be worked with!

http://www.eplindex.com/17188/real-number-7-step-nani-vs-valencia.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:57am On Sep 05, 2012
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:27am On Sep 05, 2012
Now, don't get it twisted. . .I still the dey vex for the a55hole with a passion; only DW19 matter tops my vexation as far as am concerned - but I just want you to see where some of this vitriol is coming from and I think this guy was able to highlight 'em relatively well!

I expected and still expect more than this from Nani. . .Don't get me wrong, he is fantastic player; I know he's got loads of skills, I've always thought he is a better footballing brain than CR7 - but why is it that I can't put my money on him delivering when it is crunch time!? Why doesn't he inspire any belief in me!!?

Thats why I would take a Walcott, Downing, Milner, Jarvis, Lennon, Young, Agbolahon, Pennant, Gervinho, Puncheon, Nzogbia - they are, at best, averagely equipped guys, no denying this. So the disapppointment isn't much if they cannot "perform miracles" - but from Nani, knowing his potential, I expect (demand) magic. . . and he is depriving me that just now. Another thing is time - how much more do we have to wait for him to deliver on the promise that his potential holds!? How much longer can the average fan who isn't head over heels in love with him wait!!?

He has delivered way below my expectations; probably for the better that he didn't get the #7 shirt, the increased weight of expectation might crank up the pressure a bit more and hurt rather than help him.

This is my pain, this is my annoyance!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2012
RuuDie: Now, don't get it twisted. . .I still the dey vex for the a55hole with a passion; only DW19 matter tops my vexation as far as am concerned - but I just want you to see where some of this vitriol is coming from and I think this guy was able to highlight 'em relatively well!

I expected and still expect more than this from Nani. . .Don't get me wrong, he is fantastic player; I know he's got loads of skills, I've always thought he is a better footballing brain than CR7 - but why is it that I can't put my money on him delivering when it is crunch time!? Why doesn't he inspire any belief in me!!?

Thats why I would take a Walcott, Downing, Milner, Jarvis, Lennon, Young, Agbolahon, Pennant, Gervinho, Puncheon, Nzogbia - they are, at best, averagely equipped guys, no denying this. So the disapppointment isn't much if they cannot "perform miracles" - but from Nani, knowing his potential, I expect (demand) magic. . . and he is depriving me that just now. Another thing is time - how much more do we have to wait for him to deliver on the promise that his potential holds!? How much longer can the average fan who isn't head over heels in love with him wait!!?

He has delivered way below my expectations; probably for the better that he didn't get the #7 shirt, the increased weight of expectation might crank up the pressure a bit more and hurt rather than help him.

I have seen it all on NL.
You might as well add Pius Ikedia
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:35am On Sep 05, 2012
this thread is now the official nani thread

is there nothing else happening @ OT?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:16am On Sep 05, 2012
Haba Ruudie u myt as well take Bebe,Obertan,Luke Chadwick and Ritchie Jones! Its not a matter of wether he is delivering up to his full potential,its a question of "how many of those guys can give d number of assists n goals he gives?"
D argument can b made dt rooney hasn't lived up to his teenage potential but dt doesn't mean we sell him and buy Bobby Zamora who has overachieved on his!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:29am On Sep 05, 2012
RuuDie: Now, don't get it twisted. . .I still the dey vex for the a55hole with a passion; only DW19 matter tops my vexation as far as am concerned - but I just want you to see where some of this vitriol is coming from and I think this guy was able to highlight 'em relatively well!

hahahahahaha
i expected my son to score 360 in jamb but he ended up scoring 320.....i was expecting my daughter to score 200 in jamb and she scored 280! according to ruudie, my daughter is more brilliant than my son!!! in his logic, 280 is more than 320!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 10:55am On Sep 05, 2012
afrodoc: Haba Ruudie u myt as well take [b]Bebe,Obertan,Luke Chadwick and Ritchie Jones! [/b]Its not a matter of wether he is delivering up to his full potential,its a question of "how many of those guys can give d number of assists n goals he gives?"
D argument can b made dt rooney hasn't lived up to his teenage potential but dt doesn't mean we sell him and buy Bobby Zamora who has overachieved on his!

Are those guys as good as Nani!!?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 10:57am On Sep 05, 2012
coogar:

hahahahahaha
i expected my son to score 360 in jamb but he ended up scoring 320.....i was expecting my daughter to score 200 in jamb and she scored 280! according to ruudie, my daughter is more brilliant than my son!!! in his logic, 280 is more than 320!

Exactly!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:05am On Sep 05, 2012
RuuDie:

Exactly!

well done....
i respect your opinion......i'd like you to take me to the parallel universe where 280 is more than 320. then again, you are the one putting nani in the same bracket as ronaldo(the best player on the planet), no one has asked you to do that and i am yet to see you compare rooney to messi or compare lindegaard to casillas!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 11:14am On Sep 05, 2012
Ruudie your position should b d mentality of Nani's family I.e dey should b disappointed their son is not d nxt Figo but just a damn good player.however united's fans n d board should look at wt he delivers in terms of assists n goals in comparison to other wingers world wide.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 05, 2012
Cooger this is in response to the Gestures u showed me some Minutes ago! cool cool

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 05, 2012
El Guapo: Cooger this is in response to the Gestures u showed me some Minutes ago! cool cool

shocked

Your parents taught you better than that lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2012
^^ School of hard knocks taught otherwise wink wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2012
El Guapo: Cooger this is in response to the Gestures u showed me some Minutes ago! cool cool

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 12:47pm On Sep 05, 2012
cheesy I no fit shout!
So dis el guapo is just a kid
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 2:36pm On Sep 05, 2012
Lol you guys are still on the Nani issue? The Anti-Nani guys are arguing purely on emotion! No cold-hard facts whatsoever. Just tell us you can't stand Nani and we will all move on!

@Starboard
8 big games in 5 seasons is not good enough? Imagine if Valencia had matched that stat!

afrodoc: cheesy I no fit shout!
If he is over 18 he aint no kid
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 05, 2012
afrodoc: cheesy I no fit shout!

Lol -- Thatz supposed to be an Inciting comment i guess?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 05, 2012
Is that El Guapo? shocked
Well, we always knew you were young but not this young.

Kudos all the same for giving coogar the middle. . . tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 5:21pm On Sep 05, 2012
BlueDiva: Is that El Guapo? shocked
Well, we always knew you were young but not this young.

Kudos all the same for giving coogar the middle. . . tongue

Hey sweetheart
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2012
Henriquez Becomes A Red

Manchester United is pleased to announce the signing of 18-year-old Angelo Henriquez.

The Chile under-23 striker joins United from Universidad de Chile for an undisclosed fee.
Sir Alex Ferguson is delighted with the news and told ManUtd.com: “Angelo has made a tremendous impact on the game in his short career so far. His pace is a great asset and he reads the game really well for someone of such a young age.

"We have a proud record of developing young talent and Angelo fits the profile of a United player – skilful, attacking and someone who plays the game with real flair.”
Henriquez himself is equally excited at the prospect of pulling on the red shirt: “I am thrilled to be joining the biggest club in the world. Manchester United is a great team and has a great manager.

"To be able to be part of that is a huge honour and I can’t wait to get started. I hope I can be part of many successful years with United.”
Henriquez's squad number for the 2012/13 campaign will be no.21.

http://www.manutd.com/en/RobinVanPer...henriquez.aspx
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:38pm On Sep 05, 2012
coogar:

well done....
i respect your opinion......i'd like you to take me to the parallel universe where 280 is more than 320. then again, you are the one putting nani in the same bracket as ronaldo(the best player on the planet), no one has asked you to do that and i am yet to see you compare rooney to messi or compare lindegaard to casillas!

Ha ha.

The man who claims Pep was chasing Nani - just a few posts back, you were labelling him a maverick - why watering down on your earlier claims now!?

A couple of seasons back, here is a man touted by you and many others as the man to step out of the shadows and fill that "CR7-void". . .yet you expect me to celebrate his mediocrity!?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 05, 2012
A-40:
Lol you guys are still on the Nani issue? The Anti-Nani guys are arguing purely on emotion! No cold-hard facts whatsoever. Just tell us you can't stand Nani and we will all move on!

@Starboard
8 big games in 5 seasons is not good enough? Imagine if Valencia had matched that stat!

Please drop the stats thing as well.I've never been into it. Ryan Giggs is one of United's best players statistically, yet he plays rubbish all-game long and gives an important assist.He played nonsense vs Chelsea during the CL tie two seasons ago,but United's three goals came via assists from him.Just one example.Yet everybody wants to see the back of Giggs.
If you're also expecting me to name a winger better than Nani,it's like asking me now who wears a jerry curl better between two ladies when the hair do is gone out of style.
I'm not going to name any winger better because it's a waste of time.
coogar:

name another winger who's done more?
For the umpteenth time, wingers are going out of style.
debosky:

Now we should only assess/compare players by how long they've played at the club! cheesy cheesy

What about the fact that Valencia is 27 and Nani is 25? Should Nani be further down his developmental path at 25 or should Valencia be further down at 27? cheesy

Please show ONE winger with better stats against the clubs mentioned. So far, no definition of consistency, no definition of what the expectation level is except for vacuous references to Ronaldo who is far and above any winger on the planet.

And you have the temerity to say someone else is talking for the sake of it. cheesy
You're still talking for the sake of it.
Last I checked, Ronaldo stopped being a winger like 4 years ago.
Obviously, Nani has played more games at United than Nani,yet with the stats in the link provided for last season,Nani's pass completion,crossing accuracy,shooting accuracy,loss of possession,shooting accuracy and chance conversion (key components that shouldn't be overlooked in rating "wingers" ) are inferior to Valencia's.

Furthermore,there's no point talking to you if you're going to bring up age as an issue. I thought you had points to make up till now.
By your insipid logic, Giggs should be in contention for WPOTY given that he's one of the oldest players in the modern game.
Go and read your Open Heavens for better direction.
RuuDie:

Ha ha.

The man who claims Pep was chasing Nani - just a few posts back, you were labelling him [b]a maverick - why watering down on your earlier claims now!?[/b]

A couple of seasons back, here is a man touted by you and many others as the man to step out of the shadows and fill that "CR7-void". . .yet you expect me to celebrate his mediocrity!?

Tell me about the inconsistency of their logic/argument.The pro-Nani gang are as inconsistent as his displays so it's not surprising, really.
They want me to fall on stats that show that in several key areas for last season, Valencia was a better player statistically.The same Valencia who won Players and fans Player of the season at United is whom debosky is trying to rubbish.
I'm sure if I step back into the past, I'll likely find posts by coogar saying Nani needed to step up and become a Ronaldo-espue threat for us.The same coogar who last season brought up a stat that Nani reached a milestone faster than Ronaldo at United when we played Chelsea at OT last season.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:53pm On Sep 05, 2012
StarBoard:
For the umpteenth time, wingers are going out of style.

wingers are not going out of style - stop blaspheming! ronaldo is a winger - ribery, robben, pedro, nani, valencia, young, di maria are all wingers - they are not dead yet!!

You're still talking for the sake of it.
Last I checked, Ronaldo stopped being a winger like 4 years ago.

so what is ronaldo now? a defender! ronaldo is still a winger but has a free role to roam.....technically, he's still a winger!

Obviously, Nani has played more games at United than Nani,yet with the stats in the link provided,Nani's pass completion,crossing accuracy,shooting accuracy,loss of possession,shooting accuracy and chance conversion (key components) are inferior to Valencia's.

shooting accuracy is a key component? pass completion for a winger is a key component? so what are goals and assists if pass completion/shooting accuracy are key components? you are clutching at straws! from the stats you provided, nani even defends better than valencia - he scores more than him and creates more goals than him. productivity = goals + assists otherwise leon britton is better than xavi/iniesta and denilson is better than fabregas!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 05, 2012
coogar:

wingers are not going out of style - stop blaspheming! ronaldo is a winger - ribery, robben, pedro, nani, valencia, young, di maria are all wingers - they are not dead yet!!

And tell me which of those stretch the width of the play like traditional wingers.
Tell me if all the above don't drift inwards into scoring positions?
coogar:

so what is ronaldo now? a defender! ronaldo is still a winger but has a free role to roam.....technically, he's still a winger!
No Ronaldo is a coach.
So what does Ronaldo's insane goal record since 2007/8 tell you about his position?
How many of the listed "wingers" have anything near his goal tally, even in a wet-dream?
Roaming my a$$.We're asking what he does for Real Madrid lately.
coogar:
shooting accuracy is a key component? pass completion for a winger is a key component? so what are goals and assists if pass completion/shooting accuracy are key components? you are clutching at straws! from the stats you provided, nani even defends better than valencia - he scores more than him and creates more goals than him. productivity = goals + assists otherwise leon britton is better than xavi/iniesta and denilson is better than fabregas!
I wonder then why the issue of stats is so big a deal if you can't take the above as key components.
Nani had 30 shots off-target compared to Valencia who had only 9 last season.Judging from that stat for example,would you say Nani wa more productive than Valencia?
The way I see it,stats make you believe what you want.Ryan Giggs is a perfect example.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 05, 2012
StarBoard:
And tell me which of those stretch the width of the play like traditional wingers.
Tell me if all the above don't drift inwards into scoring positions?

No Ronaldo is a coach.
So what does Ronaldo's insane goal record since 2007/8 tell you about his position?
How many of the listed "wingers" have anything near his goal tally, even in a wet-dream?
Roaming my a$$.We're asking what he does for Real Madrid lately.

I wonder then why the issue of stats is so big a deal if you can't take the above as key components.
Nani had 30 shots off-target compared to Valencia who had only 9 last season.Judging from that stat for example,would you say Nani wa more productive than Valencia?
The way I see it,stats make you believe what you want.Ryan Giggs is a perfect example.

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (14230) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: ouzo1(m), michaellovaldo(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.