Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,302 members, 7,887,892 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:58 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8934965 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11116) (11117) (11118) (11119) (11120) (11121) (11122) ... (14245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2021
raumdeuter:

Did you provide us these statistics when you were comparing Trent to Pogba?

Now we are telling you compare Pogba to ANY Liverpool CM using the same metric you used for your Pogba vs Trent, It suddenly became a problem

There's simply no getting through to you...This was a complete waste of time...
Every thing is an agenda to you, your refusal to stick to key simple metrics here is disappointing...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 7:34pm On Oct 27, 2021
Pogba is a good player..

Give him a good partner and he will explode..

He will loose d ball alot.. Good players do dat.

Bruno looses d ball more dan anyone on d team.

But pogba will always give u options.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android17: 7:34pm On Oct 27, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Want to point out something...The first goal happened because Greenwood couldn't effectively press Robertson..Bissaka moved up to cover Jota incase he got the ball... Mctominay moved inwards towards the right of the pitch to cover the space(This leaves a space in the middle which Salah drifts into..Shaw is confused, he's seeing massive spaces, because Lindelof has drifted to cover the massive space left by Bissaka...Maguire moves inwards to the right to cover for Lindelof ..Shaw doesn't know if he should tuck inside to play Salah offside or cover for his CB's...By the time Jota releases the ball, almost all your players are in a press that has no structure and was doomed to fail from the start because it's individual instead of being team press..
My point is, blaming Shaw alone for something that was clearly a team effort is a bit unfair... Even if Shaw was Virgil playing against us, we would still be through on goal in that exact situation...
Here's what your team looked like in the press before Salah, Firmino and Keita made their runs..

Apart from that if you watch the first goal again for example, Shaw took up a CB position when Salah put Keita through. That proves Shaw was covering up for his CB. The million dollar question is, why was his CB out of position and which CB was that?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:35pm On Oct 27, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Want to point out something...The first goal happened because Greenwood couldn't effectively press Robertson..Bissaka moved up to cover Jota incase he got the ball... Mctominay moved inwards towards the right of the pitch to cover the space(This leaves a space in the middle which Salah drifts into..Shaw is confused, he's seeing massive spaces, because Lindelof has drifted to cover the massive space left by Bissaka...Maguire moves inwards to the right to cover for Lindelof ..Shaw doesn't know if he should tuck inside to play Salah offside or cover for his CB's...By the time Jota releases the ball, almost all your players are in a press that has no structure and was doomed to fail from the start because it's individual instead of being team press..
My point is, blaming Shaw alone for something that was clearly a team effort is a bit unfair... Even if Shaw was Virgil playing against us, we would still be through on goal in that exact situation...
Here's what your team looked like in the press before Salah, Firmino and Keita made their runs..

Come off it…..

Shaw’s criticism wasn’t only because of his pathetic performance against Liverpool. He has been shit all season. Most of the errors leading to a goal are from his area.

His combination with Maguire has to be the worst in the entire division. The two of them are like deer in the headlights when in possession. Go and watch the highlights against Leicester and tell me why a player so pathetic is even starting for Man Utd.

Telles had a decent game against Villareal - he even got a goal. What did Ole do next? Bench him for an unfit Shaw. Shaw pooped his pants at Leicester(made excuses that he was unfit) and still got rewarded with a start against Liverpool.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:36pm On Oct 27, 2021
grin

So we should be happy cos Barca is losing?! Some Fans sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 7:36pm On Oct 27, 2021
Una self ehhh..

Who in our current midfield is better dan pogba.

Name 1.

Name 2 self.. Join dem together dem no reach one pogba.

Is is Fred.
Is it Mac.
Is it VDB

Make we hear word jare.
In talent
In achievement.
In skill.
In class.

He is milles ahead of dem.

Make d pogba hate end biko
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Android17: 7:37pm On Oct 27, 2021
In other news grin Android17 was right again and some other person was a liar.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 7:41pm On Oct 27, 2021
Oasis007:
grin

So we should be happy cos Barca is losing?! Some Fans sef.

Omor ehhh this barca is shapeless like manutd.

No game plan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 7:41pm On Oct 27, 2021
Android17:

Apart from that if you watch the first goal again for example, Shaw took up a CB position when Salah put Keita through. That proves Shaw was covering up for his CB. The million dollar question is, why was his CB out of position and which CB was that?

Look at my picture...Your two C.B's were out because your wing back was out..Your wingback was out because Greenwood couldn't press/didn't press Robbo... Mctominay comes to the right to make it more compact inadvertently leaving more space in behind...It's a simple domino effect...One person makes a mistake,it spreads through out like cancer...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 7:42pm On Oct 27, 2021
Illimitable:
undecided

Come off it…..

Shaw’s criticism wasn’t only because of his pathetic performance against Liverpool. He has been shit all season. Most of the errors leading to a goal are from his area.

His combination with Maguire has to be the worst in the entire division. The two of them are like deer in the headlights when in possession. Go and watch the highlights against Leicester and tell me why a player so pathetic is even starting for Man Utd.

Telles had a decent game against Villareal - he even got a goal. What did Ole do next? Bench him for an unfit Shaw. Shaw pooped his pants at Leicester(made excuses that he was unfit) and still got rewarded with a start against Liverpool.

TBH.
TELLES NO SABI DEFEND. A

HE'S LIKE DALOT.
But also that shaw wing has produced 70% of all d goals we conceded
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:44pm On Oct 27, 2021
Mrviktor:
Una self ehhh..

Who in our current midfield is better dan pogba.

Name 1.

Name 2 self.. Join dem together dem no reach one pogba.

Is is Fred.
Is it Mac.
Is it VDB

Make we hear word jare.
In talent
In achievement.
In skill.
In class.

He is milles ahead of dem.

Make d pogba hate end biko

Pogba is our best midfielder. He can do everything. Ole’s cluelessness cannot be a yardstick to assess Pogba. Just watch Pogba in France and you don’t need an oracle to tell you he’s a world class player.

Many people have said Pogba shines for France because of Kante but that theory has been put to bed twice now in 2 finals as Pogba still shone like a billion stars without the diminutive Kante.

Pogba is better than Henderson, Keita, Thiago or any other central midfielder at Liverpool. Ole’s incompetence to build a functional midfield should not in anyway tarnish Pogba’s awesomeness. Under a good manager, Pogba is a nuclear weapon - the sort of player no team wants to play against.

Get Ole out.

Mrviktor:

TBH.
TELLES NO SABI DEFEND. A

HE'S LIKE DALOT.
But also that shaw wing has produced 70% of all d goals we conceded

I would still take Telles over Shaw.

Have you been noticing the amount of times Shaw and Maguire collides with each other on the pitch while trying to defend?

Instead of Shaw to mark opponents, he is always marking Maguire. I don’t know if it’s Ole’s instruction or the stupidity of the English defenders in our squad, you should notice they always try to hold each other’s hands when defending.

AWB would tuck in, makes body contact with Lindelof and leaves acres of space in the right channel. Remember the match against Brighton last season - Brighton’s winger should have scored a hat trick in that game with the amount of chances we conceded from crosses. AWB did it again against Leipzig away and they knocked us out of UCL(Angelino scored a screamer).

Shaw does the same with Maguire. They have no positional sense, no positional discipline, poor in possession(they treat the ball like it’s coronavirus). Apply little pressure and they lose possession faster than a $1 whöre. The entire starting defence unit should be stripped barebone. You cannot tell me Dalot-Bailly-Varane-Telles would play worse than what we have seen in the past 5 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 7:44pm On Oct 27, 2021
AnfieldFan:

My problem is shaw always being in mageayaz position.

And magwaya in Lindelofs space.

Lindelof in bisaka.

Bisaka being confused.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 7:47pm On Oct 27, 2021
Illimitable:
undecided

Come off it…..

While I agree with most of what you wrote, I'm pointing out what caused our first goal and the pattern of some of the goals you've conceded this season... Inability to press as a team... Pressing simply means making your opponents put the ball in places you can recover easier due to mistakes for easier transitions...
We can do this very well and more importantly, we can do it as a team which dates back to Klopp's first game in charge where Lallana collapsed into Klopp's arms after the match, he had never been part of or undertaken something so energy demanding...
My point is, while Shaw is average or even below average, It stems from fundamental flaws in your teams set up which stops at Ole's table..
Rodgers referenced this in his post match...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:57pm On Oct 27, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Suddenly, Pogba didn't win the man of the match in a match he apparently dominated because of biased sentiments from UEFA grin grin grin
He also didn't win the MVP of the tournament which Sergio deservedly won..The same Busquets who's in the twilight of his career and apparently on his last legs dominated him in the finals...Did they also award Sergio because of goals....

Which midfielder in France posted a better stat than Pogba or was Busquets the one helping and assisting Pogba
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 7:58pm On Oct 27, 2021
AnfieldFan:

While I agree with most of what you wrote, I'm pointing out what caused our first goal and the pattern of some of the goals you've conceded this season... Inability to press as a team... Pressing simply means making your opponents put the ball in places you can recover easier due to mistakes for easier transitions...
We can do this very well and more importantly, we can do it as a team which dates back to Klopp's first game in charge where Lallana collapsed into Klopp's arms after the match, he had never been part of or undertaken something so energy demanding...
My point is, while Shaw is average or even below average, It stems from fundamental flaws in your teams set up which stops at Ole's table..
Rodgers referenced this in his post match...

We are not necessarily talking at cross purposes here, we are just highlighting different flaws. Ole is definitely a culprit. I never saw this total defence collapse under Mourinho or LVG.

Just look at these images…..

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:58pm On Oct 27, 2021
AnfieldFan:

There's simply no getting through to you...This was a complete waste of time...
Every thing is an agenda to you, your refusal to stick to key simple metrics here is disappointing...

You chose the metric of goals and assist when you started the Trent vs Pogba thing

When it came to CM vs CM Pogba vs Hendo you are now changing it

Its simple the same metric you used for Trent vs Pogba, use it for Pogba vs ANY Liverpool CM. Anyone you want
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 7:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
Pogba will play the bruno role well
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 8:00pm On Oct 27, 2021
Illimitable:

We are not necessarily talking at cross purposes here, we are just highlighting different flaws. Ole is definitely a culprit. I never saw this total defence collapse under Mourinho or LVG.

Shaw and his positioning singlehandedly gave away 4 goals out of 5
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
Illimitable:

Pogba is our best midfielder. He can do everything. Ole’s cluelessness cannot be a yardstick to assess Pogba. Just watch Pogba in France and you don’t need an oracle to tell you he’s a world class player.

Many people have said Pogba shines for France because of Kante but that theory has been put to bed twice now in 2 finals as Pogba still shone like a billion stars without the diminutive Kante.

Pogba is better than Henderson, Keita, Thiago or any other central midfielder at Liverpool. Ole’s incompetence to build a functional midfield should not in anyway tarnish Pogba’s awesomeness. Under a good manager, Pogba is a nuclear weapon - the sort of player no team wants to play against.

Get Ole out. .

Joezinho and ANfieldfan need to read this print it, laminate it and recite it every morning instead of the Lords prayer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
elampiro:
https://www.facebook.com/DailyMailSport/videos/280586017279364/

Illimitable come and see your man

Elite manager.

He puts his blood and soul in his job. Your darling manager(Ole) could borrow a leaf from Mourinho’s application.

Mourinho never lost to Klopp at Old Trafford. Your ultra-attacking, progressive modern manager shipped 5 goals in one game. cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:03pm On Oct 27, 2021
Illimitable:

Where was Maguire in all these moment, I think he just runs around as the spirit lead forcing other players to come cover for him and exposing the other side

I wont blame Maguire too because he even looked better under Rodgers at Leicester even under Southgate but once everyone gets to Ole, it scatters
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Joezinho: 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2021
raumdeuter:

Joezi.nho and ANfiel.dfan need to read this print it, laminate it and recite it every morning instead of the Lords prayer

Pogba is an unbelievably good player with an unbelievably bad attitude.

I appreciate Pogba’s qualities, but given the ratio of hype vs output, he’s seemed almost shockingly overrated to me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:19pm On Oct 27, 2021
raumdeuter:

Where was Maguire in all these moment, I think he just runs around as the spirit lead forcing other players to come cover for him and exposing the other side

I wont blame Maguire too because he even looked better under Rodgers at Leicester even under Southgate but once everyone gets to Ole, it scatters

Ole is an idiöt!

Even a mosquito knows about Klopp’s gengenpressing tactics. Yet, Ole still asked his defenders that are useless in possession to build from the back.

I remember the Liverpool game at OT under Mourinho. He specifically warned his defenders not to dawdle on the ball anywhere 30 yards from De Gea. All the goal kicks were long kicks to Lukaku.

No serious team wants to invite pressure on themselves against Liverpool. Even elite managers like Pep have since confessed that Liverpool are the best team at pressing he’s ever faced in his career.

United couldn’t even successfully pass their way around Iheanacho and Vardy - and that lunatic Ole stuck to the same tactics just to prove he’s a progressive modern manager. Tottenham should just end his misery this weekend.

I have had enough of Ole’s incompetence.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2021
Illimitable:

Ole is an idiöt!

Even a mosquito knows about Klopp’s gengenpressing tactics. Yet, Ole still asked his defenders that are useless in possession to build from the back.

I remember the Liverpool game at OT under Mourinho. He specifically warned his defenders not to dawdle on the ball anywhere 30 yards from De Gea. All the goal kicks were long kicks to Lukaku.

No serious team wants to invite pressure on themselves against Liverpool. Even elite managers like Pep have since confessed that Liverpool are the best team at pressing he’s ever faced in his career.

United couldn’t even successfully pass their way around Iheanacho and Vardy - and that lunatic Ole stuck to the same tactics just to prove he’s a progressive modern manager. Tottenham should just end his misery this weekend.

I have had enough of Ole’s incompetence.

I even thought he will play 4-4-2 defensive. Same lineup, drop Greenwood for Pogba clutter the middle and play a low block

But because he lacked the nous and confidence. He opened up and Liverpool cut through him like hot knife in butter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AnfieldFan: 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2021
Illimitable:

Yea...But you people shouldn't sack him ooo..He's building something special which requires specific Man United DNA..

OLEIN
OLE4EVER
WELOVEOLE
grin grin grin

Where my fellow Ole supporters at..
Fall out... cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2021
raumdeuter:

I even thought he will play 4-4-2 defensive. Same lineup, drop Greenwood for Pogba clutter the middle and play a low block

But because he lacked the nous and confidence. He opened up and Liverpool cut through him like hot knife in butter

He has to pretend he’s a modern manager. The likes of Elampiro loves such approach. Elampiro said he likes that Ole plays against anyone without fear.

Without fear tactics = 5 goals conceded at home. cheesy

In another news, I heard Lewandowski is the ballon d’Or winner for 2021. He should have won it last season as well. COVID-19 and rubbish politics robbed him off what he highly deserved.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 8:41pm On Oct 27, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Yea...But you people shouldn't sack him ooo..He's building something special which requires specific Man United DNA..

OLEIN
OLE4EVER
WELOVEOLE
grin grin grin

Where my fellow Ole supporters at..
Fall out... cheesy grin

I heard City fans singing Ole at the wheels in tonight’s game.

Leeds fans sang it last night, Liverpool fans sang it on Sunday.

The level of embarrassment has peaked. Rival fans wanting Ole to stay desperately is a sign that he’s the most useless manager in the history of the club.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 27, 2021
Oasis007 training pics don show oo grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 8:54pm On Oct 27, 2021
Illimitable:

He has to pretend he’s a modern manager. The likes of Elampiro loves such approach. Elampiro said he likes that Ole plays against anyone without fear.

Without fear tactics = 5 goals conceded at home. cheesy

In another news, I heard Lewandowski is the ballon d’Or winner for 2021. He should have won it last season as well. COVID-19 and rubbish politics robbed him off what he highly deserved.

Its like me facing Tyson Fury without fear tactics, Even Klopp and Pep know when to play conservative. Liverpool vs City first half, Klopp sef respected himself when City were pressing him and about to go haywire until he was able to rally his troops in the at half time

Lewandoski breaking Gerd Mullers record is not beans

That is if the report is true. Wonders have happened in the past and we cant rule it out again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 9:06pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hmmmmmm

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 9:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
Keep shaw in his position..

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 9:13pm On Oct 27, 2021
Who said we don't train

(1) (2) (3) ... (11116) (11117) (11118) (11119) (11120) (11121) (11122) ... (14245) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.