Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,908 members, 7,922,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 09:28 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9050796 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1538) (1539) (1540) (1541) (1542) (1543) (1544) ... (14298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 5:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2015
ElFenomeno1:
8 of the last 10 derbies lost...... I wonder how the scummies are feeling about Sunday.
Dont be fooled by the poor patch of form, Manchester City are coming to spun k all over OT! cheesy
u will surely disappear after the match...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
elampiro:
''We want to give United fans something to smile about when they go to work on Monday morning,'' United captain Wayne Rooney said. ''We want them to be the ones to be able to give out the banter to Manchester City fans at work.''
well said Rooney.
we haven't really done well in recent derbies & it is just about time we begin clawing back some dented pride.
perhaps this weekend is where results go our way all round?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 7:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
United will beat City on sunday. I have no doubt in my mind. It may not be pretty footy,but we are going to win comfortably.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
Top 4 is already assured as far as am concerned. A win on Sunday and finishing above City and a chance to finish above Arsenal will do us a whole world of good. I just hope LVG sticks with his starting lineup. Incorporating RVP to the starting lineup will mean he has to drop Herrera or Mata. Which IMO is a bad idea. Rooney alone up front is fine by me
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
Can LVG keep up his extraordinary
derby record against Man City? The
latest odds are here: Desktop | Mobile
The Dutch Destroyer has come out of derby
games with at least a draw 72 per cent of
the time. Despite being at some quality teams,
derby games tend to be high-octane, high-
pressure, ultra-competitive fixtures, so to
continually come out of these matches with
results during a 24 year managerial career is
something to admire.
His best records came early on, losing just two of
nine De Klassieker’s while he managed Ajax
against Feyenoord , and at Barcelona he
lost just one of seven El Clasico’s against Real
Madrid . Even during his four-year spell at
Alkmaar , LVG won or drew 63 per cent of his
games in the Nord-Hollandes Derby against
former club Ajax.
Manchester United’s clash with their
nearest but least dearest rivals was considered
one of their better performances early in the
season. LVG’s side needing late goals to draw
with West Brom and Chelsea in the run-up
to the game, and then, eight minutes after
needlessly charging down a Joe Hart goal-
kick, Chris Smalling suffered a brain-fart of
epic proportions by chopping down James
Milner. United played 55 minutes with 10-
men, a makeshift back four that included
Michael Carrick and teenager Paddy
McNair , and still left City hanging on to their
1-0 win come the final whistle.
That defeat is the only one in seven games
against the top six, as Van Gaal has taken six
points off Liverpool, four of Tottenham
and beaten Arsenal 2-1 in the Emirates. The
Dutchman has balls for a big occasion.

http://blog.paddypower.com/2015/04/09/manchester-united-v-manchester-city-how-louis-van-gaals-derby-dominance-can-help-put-cash-in-your-back-pocket/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
Former Manchester United No2 Rene Meulensteen feels PSV Eindhoven winger Memphis Depay may find the step to Old Trafford too difficult.

"You could say that Ángel Di María, through Real Madrid, was still quite a bit accustomed to what was coming, but in England it is all very different.

"He was not able to on a weekly basis make the difference, I find it awfully logical that Manchester United are interested in Memphis, but I'm not going to cry aloud should he not make that step. An intermediate step might not be so strange."

[Source: Voetbal International]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:41pm On Apr 09, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Top 4 is already assured as far as am concerned. A win on Sunday and finishing above City and a chance to finish above Arsenal will do us a whole world of good. I just hope LVG sticks with his starting lineup. Incorporating RVP to the starting lineup will mean he has to drop Herrera or Mata. Which IMO is a bad idea. Rooney alone up front is fine by me

Top 4 is not yet assured. It looks certain but lets hope and pray it materializes fast.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
the team has done well so far, any attempt to scuttle the line up for van Persie will be met with fierce criticism from the Old Trafford faithfuls. everyone should respect themselves till the end of this season, & that includes LvG himself!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:20am On Apr 10, 2015
If RVP is fit now, he should come in 10mins to the end of the game when we are leading 10 nil.

He can even sub De Gea at that point.

LVG should better respect himself ooo.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:03am On Apr 10, 2015
grin lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 10:04am On Apr 10, 2015
LOL guys are not smiling at all, make LVG no go look uche face.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 11:53am On Apr 10, 2015
codedguy1:
If RVP is fit now, he should come in 10mins to the end of the game when we are leading 10 nil.

He can even sub De Gea at that point.

LVG should better respect himself ooo.
10-0 shocked omo Na basket ball dey wan play?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:35pm On Apr 10, 2015
Soccer millionaire di Maria sold for 20 footballs

Excerpt: Di Maria's mother Diana would ride more than 10km on a bicycle with her son to take him to training with Rosario Central.

She would help him fill coal sacks in his father's business so he could get away earlier.

.......In the Union district of Rosario, Messi is admired but football fans say they are loyal to di Maria, who is affectionately known as "Noodle".

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/soccer-millionaire-di-maria-sold-20-footballs-011338206--sow.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
South Americans know footballer is a big business. Here fathers discourage their children from football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 1:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
IYANGBALI:
10-0 shocked omo Na basket ball dey wan play?
That's my only condition for him to play since he is just returning from injury!

LvG fit wan go exhibit some tribalistic tendencies and will now revert to 352 and play Rooney and RVP upfront, thereby sacrificing one of Mata or Herrera just to accommodate RvP.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
cool ahead of the Manchester derby

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
smiley more

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:09pm On Apr 10, 2015
and this

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:12pm On Apr 10, 2015
wow.. I can see blackett training.. it been a long time I saw him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2015
codedguy1:

That's my only condition for him to play since he is just returning from injury!

LvG fit wan go exhibit some tribalistic tendencies and will now revert to 352 and play Rooney and RVP upfront, thereby sacrificing one of Mata or Herrera just to accommodate RvP.

make him no try am o,if at all RVP will play on that dat day it should be 5 mins to the end of the game
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:24pm On Apr 10, 2015
coogar I wanna ask you something, are you married to babe?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 3:26pm On Apr 10, 2015
I see dimaria starting on Sunday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:26pm On Apr 10, 2015
Pablo Zabaleta is sure Angel Di Maria will become a big success at Manchester United.
Di Maria started United’s last two games on the bench although he contributed assists in both and is now waiting to see if he will start Sunday’s Manchester derby at Old Trafford.
Manchester City defender Zabaleta is sure his Argentine compatriot will come good and has warned his team‑mates he has the class to hurt them.
“I’ve met up with Angel a few times in Manchester and we spoke when we’ve been on international duty together, it’s been a very tough season for him not only on the field but off it as well and that has made things hard for his family.
“Sometimes when you are in a different country it can take time to settle well and his high price tag also adds a lot of pressure.
“But I have no doubts he will become a big success for United because he’s a top-quality player and if he’s not at his best at the moment, he’s still a great asset to have.
“He’s quick, fast and a great dribbler and whenever you play against him you know you are in for a difficult game. He’s the sort of player who can really hurt you if you give him too much space and time.
“I speak as a friend rather than a City player. I don’t want United to have great success but I only wish him the best on a personal level.”
[Source: Evening Standard]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
Odunharry:
cool ahead of the Manchester derby
Valdes looks frustrated
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:19pm On Apr 10, 2015
look like its a full squad now. wish we had the luck earlier in the season, we could have settled as a team quickly!

Rooney, RvP & Falcao can't really be here together next season, they all carry names that will refuse to be on the bench with LvG's preferred 4-3-3 needing just one target CF.

Falcao looks highly likely to leave unless a bid comes in for RvP. we can recall Henriquez or Hernandez (very unlikely) while Wilson has a year on loan. if Young can rediscover himself under LvG - Hernandez can become lethal as well.

### this Depay making the rounds is a good player, but with his acquisition, what does that make of Young, di Maria & Nani; assuming Januzaj goes on loan?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:48pm On Apr 10, 2015
SailorXY:
look like its a full squad now. wish we had the luck earlier in the season, we could have settled as a team quickly!

Rooney, RvP & Falcao can't really be here together next season, they all carry names that will refuse to be on the bench with LvG's preferred 4-3-3 needing just one target CF.

Falcao looks highly likely to leave unless a bid comes in for RvP. we can recall Henriquez or Hernandez (very unlikely) while Wilson has a year on loan. if Young can rediscover himself under LvG - Hernandez can become lethal as well.

### this Depay making the rounds is a good player, but with his acquisition, what does that make of Young, di Maria & Nani; assuming Januzaj goes on loan?
Headache
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 5:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
Odunharry:
coogar I wanna ask you something, are you married to babe?

WHy do you ask
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:47pm On Apr 10, 2015
raumdeuter:

WHy do you ask
na you be coogar?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 6:58pm On Apr 10, 2015
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has confirmed Robin van Persie will not
feature in Sunday's derby with City, despite having returned to training after injury.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:27pm On Apr 10, 2015
raumdeuter:

WHy do you ask
coogar has changed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 7:30pm On Apr 10, 2015
Odunharry:

coogar has changed

Were you interested in coogar before? You could have toasted him instead of perambulating and letting babe snatch him cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1538) (1539) (1540) (1541) (1542) (1543) (1544) ... (14298) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m), Mrviktor(m), KingTom(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.