Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,925 members, 7,922,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 11:19 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9051167 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1541) (1542) (1543) (1544) (1545) (1546) (1547) ... (14298) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
coogar:

that's not the point......
are we playing better because rooney is leading the attack or we are playing better cos of the technicians in the midfield?

you mean you have suddenly forgotten how you ridiculed the idea of herrera & mata playing in the midfield? you had a month-long argument with sailorXY......stressing how only pawa guarantees victory in the midfield.

just to buttress your point, you cited the usage of zouma in chelsea's midfield to tame spurs in the cup final. it was however a surprise when mata & herrera(players you deemed as featherweights) destroyed spurs with a bigger scoreline and without resorting to jam-body tactics of using a pawaful destroyer. grin

elampawa - guilty or not guilty. grin

i think RVP still have a lot to give.
the only problem is his pace - he still has a better technique than any of our strikers. he could still be a decent squad player.

cavani misses more than he scores - i don't see the hype at all. i wouldn't really mind lacazette or dybala - bring back hernandez and that's a core attack unit of youth & experience.

he would use 4-3-3.
after this season, he has no more excuse now. he would have a long transfer window and he has now had the time to assess the whole squad. woodward has promised another £150m so LVG must deliver next season.

I believe he will go with 4-3-3 too.
I say cavani won't be a step backwards because of how poor falcao and rvp have been not really because of how highly i rate cavani.
in my opinion i think we need to offload those 2 old men and get just one striker.
most of the work to be done is in midfield and defense i.e hummels, clyne, khedira, pogba, bale,reus, depay e.t.c
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
elampiro:
I won't argue further. Your sentiment is too much. Rooney played very well in midfield not just the goals in those three or four matches. Same as under SAF when he was not scoring

what is AGE? grin

Finally, we TOO played in 4-1-4-1 with Mata, Herrera, Di Maria and Fellini behind him, he never felt Rooney or Falcao could be dispensed. RVP was obviously and desperately poor.

See you tomorrow.

the same di maria cannot even start a game since LVG tweaked the formation & went back to herrera & mata. daley blind in the LB position also offers a lot by causing an overload on the full back of our opponents. this was why the highly-rated fullbacks like emre can & kyle walker were reduced to zombies.

afrodoc2:

I believe he will go with 4-3-3 too.
I say cavani won't be a step backwards because of how poor falcao and rvp have been not really because of how highly i rate cavani.
in my opinion i think we need to offload those 2 old men and get just one striker.
most of the work to be done is in midfield and defense i.e hummels, clyne, khedira, pogba, bale,reus, depay e.t.c

if we can get any of reus, lacazette or gundogan, we would win the premier league next season.

elampiro would definitely dump rooney for lacazette. lacazette = bale + lukaku + RVP rolled in one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:22pm On Apr 11, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
Am fine jay Kay I too been busy with work in office......but we thank God... I can't just wait for chelse to win the league.. mancity ave already surendered
Lol ... okay brov

Let's just watch out...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
coogar:

what is AGE? grin

the same di maria cannot even start a game since LVG tweaked the formation & went back to herrera & mata. daley blind in the LB position also offers a lot by causing an overload on the full back of our opponents. this was why the highly-rated fullbacks like emre can & kyle walker were reduced to zombies.

if we can get any of reus, lacazette or gundogan, we would win the premier league next season.

elampiro would definitely dump rooney for lacazette. lacazette = bale + lukaku + RVP rolled in one.

I have known lacazette for about 5 years since he was a teenager, i am a bit suspicious of this sudden hype. we have to remember it is the French Ligue 1. i have not really seen him this season though, has he gotten that good really? i remember djibril cisse and olivier giroud
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:31pm On Apr 11, 2015
afrodoc2:

I have known lacazette for about 5 years since he was a teenager, i am a bit suspicious of this sudden hype. we have to remember it is the French Ligue 1. i have not really seen him this season though, has he gotten that good really? i remember djibril cisse and olivier giroud

lacazette has everything it takes to thrive in the premier league. he's built for it. i actually do think he's more suited for the game here than in france.

pace, power, acceleration, dead-eye accuracy, composure, decision making, etc. i have seen him about 12 times this season & he didn't disappoint me in any of those games. i would sell all our strikers to have him.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2015
coogar:

lacazette has everything it takes to thrive in the premier league. he's built for it. i actually do think he's more suited for the game here than in france.

pace, power, acceleration, dead-eye accuracy, composure, decision making, etc. i have seen him about 12 times this season & he didn't disappoint me in any of those games. i would sell all our strikers to have him.

ALL? lol
if we sell falcao and RVP and get lacazette/cavani and wilson it won't be a step back.
at this moment an inexperienced james wilson is better than falcao........sad but true.
and a cavani/lacazette/jackson martinez/dybala would be better than RVP
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 11, 2015
afrodoc2:

ALL? lol
if we sell falcao and RVP and get lacazette/cavani and wilson it won't be a step back.
at this moment an inexperienced james wilson is better than falcao........sad but true.

Lolxzzzz..... Sad, but I can't believe that this is the same Falcao I stayed up all 'Transfer Deadline' night just to see that the deal is really completed. <sadgrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:53pm On Apr 11, 2015
suxxman:

Lolxzzzz..... Sad, but I can't believe that this is the same Falcao I stayed up all 'Transfer Deadline' night just to see that the deal is really completed. <sadgrin

Many people under estimate the severity of ACL injury. It is 50/50 depending on the extent of the initial injury, the skill of the surgeon and the quality of the rehab period. Some players recover but many are never the same esp people like Uncle Falcao of 29/31yrs of age
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
afrodoc2:

Many people under estimate the severity of ACL injury. It is 50/50 depending on the extent of the initial injury, the skill of the surgeon and the quality of the rehab period. Some players recover but many are never the same esp people like Uncle Falcao of 29/31yrs of age

Yeah, true. And also, some players recover faster than others.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
afrodoc2:

Dont ever use Lacazette and Giroud in the same paragraph angry undecided grin He is light years better than Giroud. He is just making his waves which is why he hasn't pushed his way into the French national team yet. I've watched his games and re-watched the highlights. Being the highest goal scorer(24) in a league that boasts of Ibra, Cavani etc. is no hype. And i think he was injured at some point this season too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:03pm On Apr 11, 2015
afrodoc2:

ALL? lol

i mean ALL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 11, 2015
Next season we should send Falcao packing, keep RVP and do all we can to try to get Lacazette. He might not fit in at first but he'll do just fine. Wilson should be kept in the first team as well. And with Herrera, Mata, Carrick, Di Maria & 'potential signings' feeding the strikers we re in for a great season next season

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:13pm On Apr 11, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Dont ever use Lacazette and Giroud in the same paragraph angry undecided grin He is light years better than Giroud. He is just making his waves which is why he hasn't pushed his way into the French national team yet. I've watched his games and re-watched the highlights. Being the highest goal scorer(24) in a league that boasts of Ibra, Cavani etc. is no hype. And i think he was injured at some point this season too.

I am not saying he is the same as Giroud cos from a pure talent point of view obviously Lacazette has the edge. However in the last 10yrs andre pierre gignac, moussa sow, mamadou niang and nene have been top scorers in that league. One has to be careful when assessing performances in certain leagues.....that is all i am saying
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 11, 2015
afrodoc2:

I am not saying he is the same as Giroud cos from a pure talent point of view obviously Lacazette has the edge. However in the last 10yrs andre pierre gignac, moussa sow, mamadou niang and nene have been top scorers in that league. One has to be careful when assessing performances in certain leagues.....that is all i am saying
In terms of performances, Lacazette should settle well into EPL. Afterall Remy did well in QPR & Newcastle. B4 Mourinho decided to buy him and bench the poor boys destiny. Giroud also did well but took a lil bit for him to adjust. Drogba is also a good example
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
In terms of performances, Lacazette should settle well into EPL. Afterall Remy did well in QPR & Newcastle. B4 Mourinho decided to buy him and bench the poor boys destiny. Giroud also did well but took a lil bit for him to adjust. Drogba is also a good example

Ok
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:37pm On Apr 11, 2015
Coogar Congratulations, your boy Fernando Torres has scored.............ooooopsss it was an own goal! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:39pm On Apr 11, 2015
coogar:

cheiiiiiiiiii

yet, not too long ago this dude delivered the league title almost single-handedly. united fans, na so?
lol... RVP ISN'T FINISHED YET TO ME... BUT WE SHOULD GET ANOTHER STRIKER OR BRING BACK HENRIQUEZ
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
afrodoc2:
Coogar Congratulations, your boy Fernando Torres has scored.............ooooopsss it was an own goal! cheesy

na you sabi....
this is what i remember about nando....

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
grin elampiro and coogar....
elampiro defending Rooney like say na Im big brother..... God knows if Rooney snatch coogar gf from him the way he did to someone on this forum..

elampiro and coogar sha.... best friends
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:53pm On Apr 11, 2015
coogar:

na you sabi....
this is what i remember about nando....

I need a gif of the goal he scored against Newcastle in which Gerrard threw a long pass to him in the opposition Box and immediately he killed the ball with his chest and scored a nice goal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:38pm On Apr 11, 2015
In all my years of watching football i can't think of a stranger case of permanent loss of form (in one's prime) than Fernando Torres....he is an example of class not always being permanent
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Antell95(m): 9:41pm On Apr 11, 2015
My combined ManchesterDerby team: De Gea, Zabaleta, Kompany, Smalling, Blind, Mata, Carrick, Yaya Toure, Silva, Rooney, Aguero Agree?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 3:33am On Apr 12, 2015
Coogar is now exceptionally cool in his arguments unlike those days of "tools" and the likes!

lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:08am On Apr 12, 2015
GGMU

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 10:21am On Apr 12, 2015
lipsrsealed temitii the spy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:29am On Apr 12, 2015
coogar:

but is van persie over the hill?
the new system would benefit any striker - what makes it work is the triangle on both flanks on the pitch & the ball retention of mata, herrera, carrick.

has rooney really fired since LVG found this system? apart from the goal against spurs, rooney hasn't scored as the arrow head. when he scored against villa, he was operating behind falcao......and he was the worst player at anfield.

since VP got injured, rooney has scored only 2 league goals in as many as 400 league minutes. i think we should be careful on how we handle this. VP can still be a wonderful squad player even if he cannot be a guaranteed starter anymore.
I laugh when some fans think we can depend on Rooney as our no.1 CF.

We pray for 3 points today!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:07am On Apr 12, 2015
afrodoc2:

In all my years of watching football i can't think of a stranger case of permanent loss of form (in one's prime) than Fernando Torres....he is an example of class not always being permanent
Adriano ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:15am On Apr 12, 2015
Its been awhile since city looked this vulnerable
Hopefully their horrible form continues
UTD win 3-0
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:21am On Apr 12, 2015
SIRcumalot:

Adriano ?
Dude disappeared like a mist
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:23am On Apr 12, 2015
This Lacasera guy has yet to prove himself, he's only having a good time at the moment.

LvG might sign him buh I don't think he'll make it in EPL.

Once he starts getting defenders' attention his performance'll drop.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:25am On Apr 12, 2015
SIRcumalot:
Its been awhile since city looked this vulnerable
Hopefully their horrible form continues
UTD win 3-0

Hopefully o.

The first 20 minutes in today's match is important. If we can rush and put them under pressure ww coulld be leading with 2 goals by HT.

GGMU

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:36am On Apr 12, 2015
Young or Di Maria, who should start today?
I'd prefer young, di maria should be used as a midfielder whenever fellaini is injured...

(1) (2) (3) ... (1541) (1542) (1543) (1544) (1545) (1546) (1547) ... (14298) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.