Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,198 members, 7,950,145 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 09:17 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2767) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9147305 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2764) (2765) (2766) (2767) (2768) (2769) (2770) ... (14370) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Let it be on record that we've won another game without Fellaini in the starting lineup

Lionel Fellaini + LVG = bad luck

Quote me anywhere!!!! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
GBR1:

This false. We looked far better when herrera came on and our midfield which was virtually non existent with carrick started functioning, with the exception of the last few minutes when we invited pressure on ourselves as we always do.
LOL!
Everton's pressure became much more as soon as Carrick came off and the team scored with Carrick on the pitch.
Infact, we created little chance and were sloppy in possession as soon as Herrera came on. The only thing Herrera added was pace but apart from this, he was sloppy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
Our attack was better with Herrera. Martial and Rashford looked tired when Herrera came in, otherwise we would have added another goal.

These boys are really trying. Hope Martial is not injured? He was limping at final whistle.

Mensah is a revelation. And he is able to play across the defence line with was.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2016
Spy360:

You are crasene. With your dick-head, diggs don't you think straight. Even a dicg is sometimes straight. Happy Sunday.

Abeg try buy brain u hear

Happy Sunday u too cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2016
we go this do again? enjoy the win it was a boring game anyway.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

LOL!
Everton's pressure became much more as soon as Carrick came off and the team scored with Carrick on the pitch.
Infact, we created little chance and were sloppy in possession as soon as Herrera came on. The only thing Herrera added was pace but apart from this, he was sloppy.
Don't be silly. We scoring had as little as much to do with Carrick on the pitch. He and Rojo were having a contest for the worst player on the pitch and LVG actually got his subs right by taking both of them off. We created far more chances in limited time with Herrera on the pitch and we could have finished them off if we weren't so negligent. Did you even watch the match?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

LOL!

The pressure was already there when Carrick was around , and we had no hope of going forward. Herrera helped us move forward.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 03, 2016
elrony:

Lionel Fellaini + LVG = bad luck

Quote me anywhere!!!! cheesy
Its obvious even to the blind that Fellaini doesn't deserve to start games for us. He and LVG should just pack their bags after this season.... angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
LvG made good subs today.
Halleluyah!!! grin

Or the subs weren't his
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2016
That cross from Mensah tho...
Was he even trying to score from there. We got a lucky deflection and it worked out in the end tho.

Spurs up next...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Martial came thru for United. Lukaku didn't. I'm not saying Martial is better than Lukaku tho

If na by body. ADE Akinbiyi for dey play for Barcelona winning treble everyday. Na so martial go dey develop and Lukaku go dey jam body upandan

GBR1:

Blind a technical player had him in his pockets almost all game. Lukaku's father wants Bayern to get him though, but i really doubt that would happen since Lewandoski is set to sign a new contract.

Of all options in the world, a tactical donkey is what would replace Lewandoski. Even those better like Mario Gomez and Mandzukic were shipped out.

On a good day Everton or west broom na where him talent fit
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
GBR1:

Don't be silly. We scoring had as little as much to do with Carrick on the pitch. He and Rojo were having a contest for the worst player on the pitch and LVG actually got his subs right by taking both of them off. We created far more chances in limited time with Herrera on the pitch and we could have finished them off if we weren't so negligent. Did you even watch the match?
I never said Carrick was good, he was poor and sluggish which is expected from his aging leg but his build up play, positional discipline and reading of the game can't be understated in the match as shown by how the team lost shape as soon as he left the pitch.
If the team could get a younger 'Carrick', that is, a young agile midfielder that can do what Carrick does in the holding role, there would be nothing stopping the team.
The only thing Herrera added to the match was his pace but apart from that, his awareness, positional discipline was poor. He was just running like an headless chicken and he was slopping on the ball, Schneiderlin was far better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
elampiro:

The pressure was already there when Carrick was around , and we had no hope of going forward. Herrera helped us move forward.

That guy watch another match cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
elampiro:

Everton created little while Carrick was on the pitch other punting long ball to Lukaku who was easily dealt with by Blind.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
I still wont mind us getting either of Kane or Lukaku tho. Preferably Kane
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

Carrick was poor but Herrera sub made the team lost shape.

shape ko length ni

oboi, you play too much Football Manager, and it's affecting you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:44pm On Apr 03, 2016
SetrakusRa:

shape ko lenght ni

oboi, you play too much Football Manager, and it's affecting you.
Na you sabi!
What I know is that Everton heaped more pressure on us as soon as Carrick left the pitch.
Other than Herrera's pace, tell me what else he added when he came on? The likes of Lingard and Schneiderlin were simply better with their touch, initiative, awareness and anticipation and the only thing they need is a good young holding midfielder at the base of the midfield to build up the play from the back and supplying them the passes needed and not a headless chicken!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 6:45pm On Apr 03, 2016
raumdeuter:

Of all options in the world, a tactical donkey is what would replace Lewandoski. Even those better like Mario Gomez and Mandzukic were shipped out.

On a good day Everton or west broom na where him talent fit
I think Lukaku can do well at Bayern regardless. You guys have a system so good that losing Lewandoski and replacing him with lukaku won't make that much of a difference. You might not agree though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 6:49pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

Na you sabi!
What I know is that Everton heaped more pressure on us as soon as Carrick left the pitch.
Other Herrera's pace, tell me what else he added when he came on?

i don't even take notice about Herrera's pace you're yapping about, how did we lose shape (was there any?) cause of him?

compared to Herrera, how did Carrick 'reduce' this pressure?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 6:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
GBR1:

I think Lukaku can do well at Bayern regardless. You guys have a system so good that losing Lewandoski and replacing him with lukaku won't make that much of a difference.

Lewandoski has specific skillset which made him best suited to Bayern which made more physical players like gomez and mandzukic leave.

Lewandoski drops deep he moves to the wings
Near perfect in link-up plays and excellent ball control na that lukaku wan replace with his touch of a brick layer

What Lukaku does we can get Emile Heskey to do the same for cheaper

For top flight football WHO JAMBODY DON HEPP
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
GBR1:

I think Lukaku can do well at Bayern regardless. You guys have a system so good that losing Lewandoski and replacing him with lukaku won't make that much of a difference. You might not agree though.
He will need to improve his inconsistent touch for a start!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 6:54pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:
Who says Blind isn't good in the centreback role?
I still believe a centreback who has Smalling's attributes (pace, physique and one on one defending) but also with good ability on the ball, reading of the game, positional discipline and anticipation would be better fit for Blind in the defence than the overrated Smalling.

WTF is this one saying? Smalling is overrated? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2016
SetrakusRa:

i don't even take notice about Herrera's pace you're yapping about, how did we lose shape (was there any?) cause of him?

compared to Herrera, how did Carrick 'reduce' this pressure?
Carrick might have looked his laboured and sluggish self but his positional discipline was spot on! Not to mention his build up play from the back to support the box-box midfielder infront of him. As soon as he left, the back four (defence) has no option in the midfield to pass to and as well as became open to Everton surge.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
parrotibaba:

WTF is this one saying? Smalling is overrated? undecided
LOL!
Tell me how good he's on the ball?
How about his reading of the game?
How good is his positional discipline?
His anticipation and awareness?
Just because he's a physical beast and has good pace doesn't make him a great defender!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SetrakusRa(m): 7:01pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

Carrick might have looked his laboured and sluggish self but his positional discipline was spot on! Not to mention his build up play from the back to support the box-box midfielder infront of him. As soon as he left, the back four (defence) has no option in the midfield to pass to and as well as became open to Everton surge.

SMH! maybe you should takeover from LvG next season.

BTW, which season you dey for FM? grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

LOL!
Tell me how good he's on the ball?
How about his reading of the game?
How good is his positional discipline?
His anticipation and awareness?
Just because he's a physical beast and has good pace doesn't make him a great defender!
Please mention two better defenders in the league currently
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 7:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
Southampton boss vex sha,
that interview make me laff .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
How can a United fan call Smalling overrated? And to top it all, is questioning his awareness, positioning, reading of the game and ball control.

The only defect Smalling has is that he lacks the ability to bring the ball forward from defense to attack. I think only blind and McNair are the two centerhalves that have that ability in the present squad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:07pm On Apr 03, 2016
GBR1:

We could still make champions league places, while you guys have nothing to play for. You guys won't even make Europa no matter how hard you try. Deal with that.
You get time. If he thinks United & Chelshit had the same season he deserves no reply.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:07pm On Apr 03, 2016
parrotibaba:
Please mention two better defenders in the league currently
Spurs defender (aldewalre, Vertoghen) are far better than him. Huth and morgan of Leicester are better than him, Zouma is better than him.
Even our Blind because what he lacks in pace and physique, he makes up for it with his fantastic reading of the game, positional discipline and anticipation, not to mention his fantastic ability on the ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

Spurs defender (aldewalre, Vertoghen) are far better than him. Huth and morgan of Leicester are better than him, Zouma is better than him.
Even our Blind because what he lacks in pace and physique, he makes up for it with his fantastic reading of the game, positional discipline and anticipation, not to mention his fantastic ability on the ball.
God! Vertoghen? Aldewaild? Huth? Wes Morgan?, Zouma? and blind? Pray tell what makes them better than Smalling? grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
parrotibaba:
How can a United fan call Smalling overrated? And to top it all, is questioning his awareness, positioning, reading of the game and ball control.

The only defect Smalling has is that he lacks the ability to bring the ball forward from defense to attack. I think only blind and McNair are the two centerhalves that have that ability in the present squad.
Smalling is good at one on one tackling helped by his pace but his positional discipline and reading of the game are so average! He tends to often follow the ball thereby exposing his partner in the process, instead of standing his ground and readjusting his position.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2764) (2765) (2766) (2767) (2768) (2769) (2770) ... (14370) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eghos12(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.