Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,198 members, 7,950,145 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 09:17 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2768) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9147305 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2765) (2766) (2767) (2768) (2769) (2770) (2771) ... (14370) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

Spurs defender (aldewalre, Vertoghen) are far better than him. Huth and morgan of Leicester are better than him, Zouma is better than him.
Even our Blind because what he lacks in pace and physique, he makes up for it with his fantastic reading of the game, positional discipline and anticipation, not to mention his fantastic ability on the ball.
Huh?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
parrotibaba:
God! Vertoghen? Aldewaild? Huth? Wes Morgan?, Zouma? and blind? Pray tell what makes them better than Smalling? grin grin
Majority of the aforementioned players have all done better than him this season! Huth and Morgan are one of the reason leicester had been able to hold onto their 1-0 win for many games now.
God knows if Pep were to be our manager, Smalling would be the first out of the door, not only because of his poor ability on the ball but also for his poor positional dicipline and reading of the game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:16pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

The team lost shape as soon as he came on though as we had no one to provide passing option for the back four nor build up play from the back.
Also, he was slopping on the ball, Schneiderlin was far better than him.
Oga if you no watch match go sleep.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
elrony:
Huh?
When you have something better to contribute other than posting meme
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Its obvious even to the blind that Fellaini doesn't deserve to start games for us. He and LVG should just pack their bags after this season.... angry
Kagawa doesn't think so grin.... he asserts that playing Carrick and Fellaini is better!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
SailorXY:
Oga if you no watch match go sleep.
LOL! I've done justice to that already! No eediot will make me repeat myself again!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
elrony:

Kagawa doesn't think so grin.... he asserts that playing Carrick and Fellaini is better!
Show me where I stated that?
You mean saying I don't think both Fellaini and Herrera are good enough for the team means Fellaini is better for the team?
Continue your idiocy!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:21pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

Smalling is good at one on one tackling helped by his pace but his positional discipline and reading of the game are so average! He tends to often follow the ball thereby exposing his partner in the process, instead of standing his ground and readjusting his position.
You can tell when one doesn't really watch games live, did you watch the Manchester derby? If anything blind is the weak spot in that defense. Smalling is arguably one of our best players this season and one of the best in the league. Like I and various pundits and football lovers have been saying, he needs to improve on bringing the ball out of Defense and into the attack, if he can perfect that then he will be the complete package. I should mention that your personal opinion about Smalling doesn't count.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:24pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

Majority of the aforementioned players have all done better than him this season! Huth and Morgan are one of the reason leicester had been able to hold onto their 1-0 win for many games now.
God knows if Pep were to be our manager, Smalling would be the first out of the door, not only because of his poor ability on the ball but also for his poor positional dicipline and reading of the game.
the reason Leicester is on top of the league apart from consistency is their defensive approach to the game, they defend like a team and counter at an incredible pace and that's all down to the gaffer. This same wes Morgan and huth were shipping in goals left and right last season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
parrotibaba:
You can tell when one doesn't really watch games live, did you watch the Manchester derby? If anything blind is the weak spot in that defense. Smalling is arguably one of our best players this season and one of the best in the league. Like I and various pundits and football lovers have been saying, he needs to improve on bringing the ball out of Defense and into the attack, if he can perfect that then he will be the complete package. I should mention that your personal opinion about Smalling doesn't count.
Blind was just as good!
Get a pacy and physically built defender with good reading of the ball and positional discipline to partner Blind and see how our whole defence transforms!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:27pm On Apr 03, 2016
parrotibaba:
the reason Leicester is on top of the league apart from consistency is their defensive approach to the game, they defend like a team and counter at an incredible pace and that's all down to the gaffer. This same wes Morgan and huth were shipping in goals left and right last season.
Morgan has been a beast all season though, just like Leicester's game vs Southampton today, he was totally a beast and his reading of the game were far better than that of Smalling!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:33pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

Blind was just as good!
Get a pacy and physically built defender with good reading of the ball and positional discipline to partner Blind and see how our whole defence transforms!
Oga Smalling is just the reason we are solid at the back. Blind doesn't have pace and physique but is good in positioning and bringing the ball forward(which is understandable as he is a defensive midfielder by trade), Smalling on the other hand, has vastly improved since last season and is one of the best in the business. I strongly suggest you go back and re-watch our games since it's obvious that you don't watch live matches.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 7:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
oh lawd.. another argument on its way?? Which one be Wes Morgan, Huth, Toby etc better than Smalling??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

Morgan has been a beast all season though, just like Leicester's game vs Southampton today, he was totally a beast and his reading of the game were far better than that of Smalling!
Morgan is not a beast, the whole team is. Just like atletico Madrid, this Leicester team work together as a team. If you have followed Leicester this season you would have seen that their defense were their major problem in the early parts of the season, they were conceding goals and making school boy errors which was covered by Vardy and co upfront that resulted in them getting draws from the jaws of defeat. If you think that the likes of Zouma and Vertoghen are better than Smalling, then I suggest you switch to rugby instead. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

When you have something better to contribute other than posting meme

You are damn stubborn and thinks like a bipolar LVG!...

I just threw the Herrera instance purposely and you didn't disappoint, as usual you faltered!

So what's the point when you 'll keep swaying upandan!

The memes just save me the needless epistle..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:41pm On Apr 03, 2016
parrotibaba:
Oga Smalling is just the reason we are solid at the back. Blind doesn't have pace and physique but is good in positioning and bringing the ball forward(which is understandable as he is a defensive midfielder by trade), Smalling on the other hand, has vastly improved since last season and is one of the best in the business. I strongly suggest you go back and re-watch our games since it's obvious that you don't watch live matches.
No one is saying Smalling is an awful defender but he's quite overrated.
Let's not also forget that this is Blind's first season as a centre back and with what I've seen from him so far, he's only going to improve and become much better if keeps playing there.
Afterall, Puyol wasn't pacy nor tall in his prime. Blind just need to add on some pounds to avoid being bullied by physical strikers and he's good to go.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:41pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

Everton created little while Carrick was on the pitch other punting long ball to Lukaku who was easily dealt with by Blind.

You like to argue too much. The pressure was already on when Carrick was on the pitch. We were not going forward anyone. It's normal that a team down 0-1 thrown men forward when time is ticking away. Herrera offended so much freshsness in offensive play but the other guys were tired otherwise we should have scored more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
elrony:

That guy watch another match cheesy

I tell you.

I give up on him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

Show me where I stated that?
You mean saying I don't think both Fellaini and Herrera are good enough for the team means Fellaini is better for the team?
Continue your idiocy!

cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

LOL!
I've done justice to that already! No eediot will make me repeat myself again!
The amount of dirt that has fallen off your ass the few minutes I've viewed this thread can plaster a storey building. Have mercy on yourself please.

All these cartoon characters sef, go just pop up from nowhere dey spam thread.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
elampiro:

I tell you.

I give up on him.

At least no be only me dey see am... sometimes I wonder if he deliberately just type nonsense for the fun of it...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
elampiro:

You like to argue too much. The pressure was already on when Carrick was on the pitch. We were not going forward anyone. It's normal that a team down 0-1 thrown men forward when time is ticking away. Herrera offended so much freshsness in offensive play but the other guys were tired otherwise we should have scored more.
Herrera was constantly running like an headless chicken.
Carrick, even in his sluggish form was the bridge between the midfield and defence but once he left, the floodgate opened for Everton in the middle and they kept pumping the pressure.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 7:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
SailorXY:

The amount of dirt that has fallen off your ass the few minutes I've viewed this thread can plaster a storey building. Have mercy on yourself please.

He's definitely a troll..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

No one is saying Smalling is an awful defender but he's quite overrated.
Let's not also forget that this is Blind's first season as a centre back and with what I've seen from him so far, he's only going to improve and become much better if keeps playing there.
Afterall, Puyol wasn't pacy nor tall in his prime. Blind just need to add on some pounds to avoid being bullied by physical strikers and he's good to go.
Smalling deserves every praise he is currently getting and he is not overrated. Blind is not a centreback, he's more suited to the left back/left wing back position. If anything we need a centreback that will complement Smalling and add to our defense solidity. Phil Jones could have been the guy but injuries and lack of football brains wouldn't let him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:49pm On Apr 03, 2016
parrotibaba:
Morgan is not a beast, the whole team is. Just like atletico Madrid, this Leicester team work together as a team. If you have followed Leicester this season you would have seen that their defense were their major problem in the early parts of the season, they were conceding goals and making school boy errors which was covered by Vardy and co upfront that resulted in them getting draws from the jaws of defeat. If you think that the likes of Zouma and Vertoghen are better than Smalling, then I suggest you switch to rugby instead. grin
Watch the Leicester vs Southampton game and you will change your opinion. Morgan has been phenomenal all season for Leicester. He's total beast, far better than Smalling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:54pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

Watch the Leicester vs Southampton game and you will change your opinion. Morgan has been phenomenal all season for Leicester. He's total beast, far better than Smalling.
Oga I have watched few Leicester games this season and the ninja that is qualified to be called a beast is N'golo Kante, that noob saibot breaks up plays fantastically and brings solidity to the defense. He also has the ability to drive the ball forward from defense to attack. Wes Morgan is no beast I repeat.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:54pm On Apr 03, 2016
parrotibaba:
Smalling deserves every praise he is currently getting and he is not overrated. Blind is not a centreback, he's more suited to the left back/left wing back position. If anything we need a centreback that will complement Smalling and add to our defense solidity. Phil Jones could have been the guy but injuries and lack of football brains wouldn't let him.
And Smalling doesn't have that? Both are even awful on the ball.
The only time I've seen Blind struggle is against Physical strikers, for example against Wartford etc but apart from this he's been fantastic in the centre back role and has even improve on how he deal with this physical strikers that tends to give him problem like he did today and in the England game. His reading of the game is impeccable and he's only going to improve.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
parrotibaba:
Oga I have watched few Leicester games this season and the ninja that is qualified to be called a beast is N'golo Kante, that noob saibot breaks up plays fantastically and brings solidity to the defense. He also has the ability to drive the ball forward from defense to attack. Wes Morgan is no beast I repeat.
Kante has been fantastic as a box-box midfieldeer but he's no holding midfielder who protect the back four, Drinkwater is, and although Drinkwater has been fairly good, Morgan has been a rock at the back.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 7:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kagawa10:

And Smalling doesn't have that? Both are even awful on the ball.
The only time I've seen Blind struggle is against Physical strikers, for example against Wartford etc but apart from this he's been fantastic in the centre back role and has even improve on how he deal with this physical strikers that tends to give him problem like he did today and in the England game. His reading of the game is impeccable and he's only going to improve.
I don't want to over flog this argument. You should go and watch our previous matches and get your answers. Also read articles concerning Smalling and keep your opinion to yourself okay? A player doesn't get so much plaudits by the football world if he is shi.t.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kagawa10: 7:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
SailorXY:

You were saying?
What a dolt!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LTSHANGY: 8:02pm On Apr 03, 2016
Kurt zouma better than smalling?.. Some people deserves monumental slap!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by parrotibaba(m): 8:02pm On Apr 03, 2016
I can't see how someone will see everything Smalling has done this season and still call him overrated. Except if the guy doesn't watch matches at all.

And to add insult to injury, he proceeds to put the likes of vertoghen, Morgan and Zouma above Smalling.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2765) (2766) (2767) (2768) (2769) (2770) (2771) ... (14370) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eghos12(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.