Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,727 members, 7,892,873 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 07:19 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2821) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8952032 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2818) (2819) (2820) (2821) (2822) (2823) (2824) ... (14257) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by martineverest(m): 7:11am On Apr 24, 2016
Elxandre:

We actually might.

If we miraculously make Top 4 and win the premier league while Barca goes unexpectedly trophyless......

I reserve my words cheesy
see beefing....barca giving epl fans headache since 12 BC
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 7:18am On Apr 24, 2016
yea,we are al ecstatic about d victory,but didn't anyone watch d beauty of John stones?? sorry to say,but that guys ability on d ball is everything smalling isnt,i read somewhere an English jounalist was saying that epl was holding back stones...that guy should b in barcelona..he doesn't lose d bal,hes very calm..has very good range of passes with both feet...I was very very impressed with d lad..i pray mou comes so that we wud sign him..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 7:52am On Apr 24, 2016
dubylhover:
yea,we are al ecstatic about d victory,but didn't anyone watch d beauty of John stones?? sorry to say,but that guys ability on d ball is everything smalling isnt,i read somewhere an English jounalist was saying that epl was holding back stones...that guy should b in barcelona..he doesn't lose d bal,hes very calm..has very good range of passes with both feet...I was very very impressed with d lad..i pray mou comes so that we wud sign him..

Which of the John Stones? The one that was turned inside out by Martial on numerous occassions ??

John Stones isn't better than Paddy Mcnair Abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 8:05am On Apr 24, 2016
Personally, I would love us to sign just 1 CB and a RW
Blind should be pulled out of the defence and made to compete for places in midfield.
If he can't, then he should be moved on.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 24, 2016
lekkie073:
ronaldo and rooney's successful era started with a carling cup trophy after a barren year...history sure has a way of repeating itself
we are both in agreement with the above. though Ronaldo had an FA cup medal from 2004 but it is universally agreed that the carling cup win was a turning point in both their careers.
my point is both players were near their plateau as performers by that point.it was obvious that it was only a matter of time that both would be great players down the line in time.
Ronaldo was appearing in his 3rd cup final and rooney his second by 2006. Rooney had massive experience prior with Everton.
none of the current crop of youngsters we have today have got that experience. plus when you factor in van gaal who tends to inhibit his players' creativity, it's really hard to think how that scenario will play out again.
It's just my opinion though.i would be glad if this kick starts something special but I hope you see my point.
by the way Lingard is still 3SC standard.even Giwa FC will struggle to take him.
dude lacks composure especially in key moments and doesn't want to improve his finishing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 24, 2016
dubylhover:
my guy I'm sure you've been watching a different Stones.
The dude is so out of form lately. he wouldn't have started if Fuenos Mori wasn't suspended.
Dude is good but very overhyped.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 8:44am On Apr 24, 2016
PietroRico:
Personally, I would love us to sign just 1 CB and a RW
Blind should be pulled out of the defence and made to compete for places in midfield.
If he can't, then he should be moved on.

He can move to LB and compete with shaw, bearing in mind that he can also fill in as an emergency CB.

Me thinks it is Rojo who should move on....

His crossing is poor, he loses concentration too easily and ofcourse, his propensity to comit fouls in dangerous areas - these are the only "qualities" I see in him.

Rojo is a liability in the defence!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 24, 2016
So becoz we manage to enter final now, some people are now feeling LVG is the right man for the job??

I know we are all happy to be in d final. But there's no need to start saying nonsense pls.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 9:11am On Apr 24, 2016
Eastbay:

we are both in agreement with the above. though Ronaldo had an FA cup medal from 2004 but it is universally agreed that the carling cup win was a turning point in both their careers.
my point is both players were near their plateau as performers by that point.it was obvious that it was only a matter of time that both would be great players down the line in time.
Ronaldo was appearing in his 3rd cup final and rooney his second by 2006. Rooney had massive experience prior with Everton.
none of the current crop of youngsters we have today have got that experience. plus when you factor in van gaal who tends to inhibit his players' creativity, think how that scenario will play out again.
It's just my opinion though.i would be glad if this kick starts something special but I hope you see my point.
by the way Lingard is still 3SC standard.even Giwa FC will struggle to take him.
dude lacks composure especially in key moments and doesn't want to improve his finishing.
with the way martial has played this season, it is evident dat he is destined for great performances. .....rashford if given a consistent starting berth will rival kane. he has shown to me as a player dat can at least deliver a goal in every other match with the possibility of improving on dat. Lingard as seen by many is an average player. how much experience does kane had before he took epl by storm. experience comes with consistent playing and d best we can do for the youngsters is to play them with the right mix of experienced players and boom....we have stars in the squad

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 24, 2016
As for my expectations for the transfer window and nxt season,

We need a tier 1 CB to patner Smalling. And keep Jones for another season if he'll stay fit. If not, we boot him out next summer with extreme alacrity.

Shaw gets to play in LB once again with Blind as back up. Rojo needs to just fûck off.

We need a new CM to partner Schneiderlin. While Bastian moves to China or MLS to go and continue collecting his pension. We can still hold on to Carrick for now.

If Rooney performs better in midfield, then let him play there with Mata as his back up. While we get a better CF. We cant rely on Rashford for the whole of next season.

We need a RW badly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 9:29am On Apr 24, 2016
olabode89:

You mean FA Cup..

Lolz.... I banish the pseudo Arsenal top 4 spirit that is about to possess you IJN.
Yeah typo...

The top 4 spirit has possessed us fully as that is what we have been fighting for the seasons now...

Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 24, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
So becoz we manage to enter final now, some people are now feeling LVG is the right man for the job??

I know we are all happy to be in d final. But there's no need to start saying nonsense pls.
Abeg who dey talk dat misyarn?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:37am On Apr 24, 2016
Eastbay:

It is.

City and Arsenal have to drop points for us to have a chance.

City and Arsenal still have to play each other. So let's keep winning our matches. We should field a solid midfield and defence against Leicester to check their pace and Morgan's aerial power from set plays.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hissexcellencie(m): 9:39am On Apr 24, 2016
Eastbay:

none of the current crop of youngsters we have today have got that experience. plus when you factor in van gaal who tends to inhibit his players' creativity, it's really hard to think how that scenario will play out again.
I don't appreciate the way people slag off our players, yes, lingard is no neymar but how can he improve? Is it not by playing regularly? Ffs cut the young lads some slack, lingard has been consistent I can rate his season a 6.8/10, don't forget his contributions in the games against Chelsea & arsenal (2nd legs) if the youngsters have confidence & are getting playing time they'd only get better. We need to give em time. Not everyone is gon' be a messi or ronaldo. Cheers mate!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:42am On Apr 24, 2016
Dadehmola:

Which of the John Stones? The one that was turned inside out by Martial on numerous occassions ??

John Stones isn't better than Paddy Mcnair Abeg.

Did you watch Liverpool 4-0 over Everton. Stone was at fault for some of the goals. May be he has not matured yet, but he was a a weak link.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 9:44am On Apr 24, 2016
Eastbay:

Going to say that we should keep Carrick for his passing ability. He's clearly the best passer we have. Someone has attributed part of our struggles to our inability to find a replacement for him and I think that is an apt view.

I think Schweinsteiger has almost as good passing ability as Carrick and makes more ambitious passes too.

I still wonder why LVG spent money on an undoubtedly injury prone player.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hissexcellencie(m): 9:46am On Apr 24, 2016
I think our priorities should be a starting CF and CB. We have enough wingers already those who didn't perform well this season could be given another season if not up to scratch then we can now think of moving them on. A cf in the mold of lukaku (or the likes) capable of playing upfront alone, would give rashford competition and also breathing space from burnout/overhype from British media. That would mean Martial makes the LW his home, with Memphis as his deputy (hopefully he shakes off the new legue-1st season syndrome. Lingard & januzaj on the RW, with Young capable of playing both LW and RW. Rooney becomes our #10 with Mata/Fellaini deputizing for him (we can sell one of them in January if they lack form or want playing time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:52am On Apr 24, 2016
lekkie073:
with the way martial has played this season, it is evident dat he is destined for great performances. .....rashford if given a consistent starting berth will rival kane. he has shown to me as a player dat can at least deliver a goal in every other match with the possibility of improving on dat. Lingard as seen by many is an average player. how much experience does kane had before he took epl by storm. experience comes with consistent playing and d best we can do for the youngsters is to play them with the right mix of experienced players and boom....we have stars in the squad

Rashford is a better ball player than Kane and Vardy. When Rashford goes out of the box, you would think he is an AM or even a winger.

I hope the arrival of a new CF won't stall his development.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hissexcellencie(m): 9:54am On Apr 24, 2016
in the holding midfield we still keep carrick & Bastian as their experience & passing is invaluable, I'd say we move blind there at some point in the season to ease the exit of one of the ageing maestro out of the team because quite frankly they're above 31. For the other CM partner we have Morgan.S and Herrera both are good players blind/fellaini can also come in here, in case of lack of form/injury. In defence at LB we have the returning shaw, rojo, and our U21 guys north wicks jacks on & fosu mensah who we can call on if injuries come. At RB we have Darmian & Valencia, who are decent & good team players hopefully injuries don't disrupt their seasons. Then CB we have smalling, Jones, fosu-mensah, and one CB who would bring competition for a starting spot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hissexcellencie(m): 9:55am On Apr 24, 2016
elampiro:

Rashford is a better ball player than Kane and Vardy. When Rashford goes out of the box, you would think he is an AM or even a winger.

he is not better than Kane with the ball at his feet, vardy maybe but not Kane
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 9:57am On Apr 24, 2016
We should keep Memphis. I believe he'll come good at the end.

You might argue he only shone against Eredivisie defenders, but Suarez, the best striker in the world who just joined the 50 goals/season team, also dominated that Dutch league in similar style, but look at him today.

Memphis problems emanates from impatient fans who no longer understand the word patience.
They think everyone must become world beaters at 21, which is just wrong thinking.

If he could do it against Dutch full backs, why can't he do it against EPL mid-table defenders at least?

Why can't he also score free kicks any more, or even get them on target, despite being deadly from dead ball situations last year?
Is the defensive wall any taller in the EPL?

The simple problem he has is poor confidence!
And that is what the media and the fans have done to him.

Flair players can't survive with damaged confidence ever, except you are as mentally tough as Ronaldo for instance.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:58am On Apr 24, 2016
Hissexcellencie:
he is not better than Kane with the ball at his feet, vardy maybe but not Kane

Which Kane. Kane that cannot beat a man at crucial moments.

Kane only has more experience around the box.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 9:59am On Apr 24, 2016
Hissexcellencie:
I think our priorities should be a starting CF and CB. We have enough wingers already those who didn't perform well this season could be given another season if not up to scratch then we can now think of moving them on. A cf in the mold of lukaku (or the likes) capable of playing upfront alone, would give rashford competition and also breathing space from burnout/overhype from British media. That would mean Martial makes the LW his home, with Memphis as his deputy (hopefully he shakes off the new legue-1st season syndrome. Lingard & januzaj on the RW, with Young capable of playing both LW and RW. Rooney becomes our #10 with Mata/Fellaini deputizing for him (we can sell one of them in January if they lack form or want playing time.
we cant depend on an ageing young as an effective RWF neither can we on Lingard. I think we need a physically strong right winger who will be deputised by januzaj. the kinds of take ons martial does....if not for his physique, he would always be bullied to the grass in most cases. lacazette wouldnt be a bad idea given the non availability of proven strikers...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 24, 2016
Hissexcellencie:

I don't appreciate the way people slag off our players, yes, lingard is no neymar but how can he improve? Is it not by playing regularly? Ffs cut the young lads some slack, lingard has been consistent I can rate his season a 6.8/10, don't forget his contributions in the games against Chelsea & arsenal (2nd legs) if the youngsters have confidence & are getting playing time they'd only get better. We need to give em time. Not everyone is gon' be a messi or ronaldo. Cheers mate!
We don't have to look too far to see how average Lingard is.
Marcus Rashford has played far less games and has already made far more impact than Lingard.
Lingard works hard but he has no end product. I remember the Liverpool game in the Europa league where he was allowed time and space on the ball by the opposition because they knew he couldn't hurt them.
And when he does everything right,his touch most likely than not deserts him when it counts most. He then squinches his face like an albino in heat after messing things up at the vital moment. That's where Martial and Rashford tower above him, and he's supposed to be the older and more experienced player of the trio.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 24, 2016
Eastbay:

Abeg who dey talk dat misyarn?
Lool. Make i no start to dey call names. Lets just forgive dem dis one time
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:07am On Apr 24, 2016
elampiro:

yeah...we need a CF but not one dat would cost much thereby making his starting a compulsion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 24, 2016
elampiro:

City and Arsenal still have to play each other. So let's keep winning our matches. We should field a solid midfield and defence against Leicester to check their pace and Morgan's aerial power from set plays.
We are 4 behind Arsenal. 5 behind city at the moment. Neither will want to lose that gam so I think a draw might be the most likely outcome of that game.
If that happens they still are above us, and with better GD
Assuming we don't drop any points it is still out of our hands.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:10am On Apr 24, 2016
Lingard had three good chances to extend our lead yesterday but he can't shoot accurately.

Against PSV at Old Trafford where we should have sealed our qualification, he sqaundered the clearest chance.

These last weeks, he keeps making wrong decisions at key moments match after match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 24, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Lool. Make i no start to dey call names. Lets just forgive dem dis one time
On a Sunday parole, I agree.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 24, 2016
elampiro:
Lingard had three good chances to extend our lead yesterday but he can't shoot accurately.

Against PSV at Old Trafford where we should have sealed our qualification, he sqaundered the clearest chance.

These last weeks, he keeps making wrong decisions at key moments match after match.
Glad someone sees my point of view.

See the one-two with Rashford that put him clear on goal but he could only shoot at Robles.
Then look at the Herrera-Martial combo and see the difference that won the game.

Lingard is useless.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hissexcellencie(m): 10:20am On Apr 24, 2016
elampiro:

Which Kane. Kane that cannot beat a man at crucial moments.

Kane only has more experience around the box.
my argument is not on who's a better dribbler, its who's a better ball player. Cue assists, passes and all. Look at what Kane brings to his team; its invaluable.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 24, 2016
Elxandre:
We should keep Memphis. I believe he'll come good at the end.

You might argue he only shone against Eredivisie defenders, but Suarez, the best striker in the world who just joined the 50 goals/season team, also dominated that Dutch league in similar style, but look at him today.

Memphis problems emanates from impatient fans who no longer understand the word patience.
They think everyone must become world beaters at 21, which is just wrong thinking.

If he could do it against Dutch full backs, why can't he do it against EPL mid-table defenders at least?

Why can't he also score free kicks any more, or even get them on target, despite being deadly from dead ball situations last year?
Is the defensive wall any taller in the EPL?

The simple problem he has is poor confidence!
And that is what the media and the fans have done to him.

Flair players can't survive with damaged confidence ever, except you are as mentally tough as Ronaldo for instance.
Memphis also hasn't helped his cause.

He's more into socializing,partying and hanging out with celebrities. He hasn't bothered to work on improving his game and evolve in terms of what he brings offensively.
He can't do more than his stupid step over on the left wing.play him anywhere else and he's a short-one.

Ronaldo kept working on his game and adapted to criticisms from the likes of Roy Keane.

Memphis has the fans at his back and he is crumbling in his shell. Good luck to him. Martial is about to make his a$$ permanently glued to the bench. Even headless chicken Lingard will start before him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2818) (2819) (2820) (2821) (2822) (2823) (2824) ... (14257) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Demolz, Jamiuokolaa, Fladm(m), MrJaay(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.