Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,756 members, 7,892,978 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 09:48 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8952391 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2821) (2822) (2823) (2824) (2825) (2826) (2827) ... (14257) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 1:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
This passion/willingness is not something that is very easy to come by these days.
Sometimes its what actually makes the difference.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:40pm On Apr 24, 2016
Eastbay:

If Liverpool wins, direct route to the champions league for them.
So if city wins in that scenario, we will have to finish third to make the UCL.

Yes, I have seen the rules.

If both qualify, UCL winner goes straight to group stage. While Europa winner goes to the lowest point of Knock out stage.

But if the country is only adding the Europa winner, the team goes straight to group stage.

Good! But let's win our matches first. It will be hard for City to win the UCL. Or let's say, I don't see the possibility of City and Liverpool winning the UCL and Europa respectively.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hissexcellencie(m): 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
Eastbay:

See, understand me.

My annoyance is that Lingard gets a lot of chances to score. He does nothing with them

His only saving grace is his willingness to defend. Otherwise he would be the classic definition of work done=0.

L
those chances he creates for himself/others along with his willingness to track back is invaluable, not every one can have that if we had say a nani on that flank don't you think we'd have lost or drawn some of those our 1-0 wins e.g. vs Man city.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 2:27pm On Apr 24, 2016
Eastbay:

Spectacular?
I'm not sure that word has the same meaning to both of us.
Stones was shaky at best. Rashford gave him a good drilling.

I think you should rewatch d match now that it's no longer live
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 2:43pm On Apr 24, 2016
let it not b like I'm a judas...but d I think sincerley I don't want united to finish top 4...it means that lvg would certainly stay,which implies we can't attract top players anymore..now for us fans,whats d essense of top 4 next season when we know we won't win it with lvg in charge...lvg wouldn't change...we will still b playing with this our inconsistencies and lvg would call it philosophy...in my opinion tho,we finish 5th,lvg gets sacked,mou comes,attracts some abive average players..gels dem nd upper season we go fr d title...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2016
LvG had clear targets to meet I believe, & that's why he's been properly backed with funds. He met his target in his first season - fine.

He wasn't brought here to fight for top 4 every year. He has failed to meet his target & will make way by the end of this season except the target was an FA Cup which I seriously doubt.

### I don't see City losing to Arsenal @ the Etihad. I hope City can lift the UCL tho, kickstarts the return & some pride for the EPL in Europe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
Sunderland 0 Arsenal 0
Full time

We just have to keep winning.... and hope there is a winner between City and Arsenal.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
Palace takes the lead..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:27pm On Apr 24, 2016
Mahrez put Leicester ahead.

Gifted a wrong pass.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:30pm On Apr 24, 2016
elampiro:
Sunderland 0 Arsenal 0
Full time

We just have to keep winning.... and hope there is a winner between City and Arsenal.
The main issue is "can we win our remaining games which include Leicester?" Mehn, it is very hard o!

As for me na sit don dey look. If we make it good, if we didn't, I just dey o!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
chrisley024:
The main issue is "can we win our remaining games which include Leicester?" Mehn, it is very hard o!

As for me na sit don dey look. If we make it good, if we didn't, I just dey o!

Yes, the question is whether we can win our games? But if we manage to do that, I believe we will finish top four.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 4:39pm On Apr 24, 2016
elampiro:
Sunderland 0 Arsenal 0
Full time

Elamps baba!

You sure say we fit beat Arsenal in the fight for 4th position?

I told someone earlier that we have a better chance winning the league than beating Arsenal to the 4th position.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by HurricaneMIMZY: 5:01pm On Apr 24, 2016
elampiro:
Sunderland 0 Arsenal 0
Full time

It's difficult to choose between Man. City and Man. United.

Man. City have proven themselves as worthy competition and with Guardiola's envisaged takeover, they'd be stronger.

United are being to gel as a team, albeit late but with the expected summer splash, they'd be better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:17pm On Apr 24, 2016
HurricaneMIMZY:

United are being to gel as a team, albeit late but with the expected summer splash, they'd be better.
Another splash? How much more do we need to spend?. What we need is to chase away that clueless coach with his notepad.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by HurricaneMIMZY: 5:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
chrisley024:
Another splash? How much more do we need to spend?. What we need is to chase away that clueless coach with his notepad.
Maybe he'd leave. Maybe he wouldn't.

I am more excited by refreshingly new, young talents like Rashford and Martial. They bring a whole new angle to attacks, which I think should be bolstered.

Personally, I think LVG should leave but United needs a replacement who'd be patient enough with these young talents - the future of the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by capricornian(m): 5:35pm On Apr 24, 2016
This world is almost over.... look at Leicester City.

This is effective play at its best... If you are looking for a way to define the word effectiveness, check this Leicester team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 5:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
HurricaneMIMZY:

Maybe he'd leave. Maybe he wouldn't.

I am more excited by refreshingly new, young talents like Rashford and Martial. They bring a whole new angle to attacks, which I think should be bolstered.

Personally, I think LVG should leave but United needs a replacement who'd be patient enough with these young talents - the future of the team.

N

Who would that replacement be? That's the million dollar question.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:00pm On Apr 24, 2016
We face Crystal Palace in the FA Cup final. Here's hoping we dont make a mess of it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
So we play C. Palace in the final
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 24, 2016
I hope LVG goes with his brain to Wembley on May 21st o. Look for ways to neutralise Bolasie and Zaha while we pick deir defence apart with our attackers

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
Why no one talked about Fellaini so far.....?! He had a good game, played decently and got a goal, yet no one appreciates him!
To be candid, he was the star of the Match!
undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 24, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Why no one talked about Fellaini so far.....?! He had a good game, played decently and got a goal, yet no one appreciates him!
To be candid, he was the star of the Match!
undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 24, 2016
grin
You are the least I expect to appreciate the service of Fellaini on the pitch, especially in the last Match!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:12pm On Apr 24, 2016
Louis van Gaal has praised Manchester United fans for their invaluable support towards the club each week in his message to supporters in this season’s renewal pack.

Man United are now challenging for silverware for the first time since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013 and although success in the FA Cup could strengthen his case to stay on Old Trafford next year, he recently admitted his job was in the hands of the board.

The Dutchman’s future has come under heavy scrutiny since the start of the campaign, with Jose Mourinho being continually linked with the job. However, there’s no indication from van Gaal at the moment that he intends to walk away from it.

In his notes to supporters in this season’s renewal pack, van Gaal said: “There is no doubt in my mind that Manchester United has the best fans in the world, and the relationship between the team and the fans is very special. The passion and atmosphere at Old Trafford, which was famously named the Theatre of Dreams by Sir bobby Charlton, is incredible and it makes me extremely proud to manage this club.

“It is my utmost ambition to bring success to this Club and, for you, the loyal Season Ticket holders who support the team week in, week out. Everyone is working hard to get the Club back to where it belongs. Your help along the way has been invaluable and is greatly appreciated by the players.”

It’s clear van Gaal is targeting a win in the FA Cup as it would be our first major trophy since Sir Alex retired but does it make up for what has been an underwhelming season in the Premier League after such promise last? I’m not so sure.

Recent improvements haven’t done much to quieten the speculation surrounding his future as missing out on the Champions League next year is still likely, despite reducing the gap on Arsenal and Man City to five points with a game in hand.

However, if United win the FA Cup and manage reach top four this season, would that give grounds for keeping the Dutchman at Old Trafford until the end of his contract?

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2016/04/24/louis-van-gaals-sends-message-to-man-united-season-ticket-holders-147118/?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 10:41pm On Apr 24, 2016
We should have been top right now if not for the foolishness that made us drop points every game for two months.
Thanks to LVG the buffon. :>(

He fielded Rooney for such a long time, even when he couldn't hit an empty net.

Memphis was shitt, but he persisted with playing Young at Right back.

Some people still want him at United yet.
Don't be shocked when he makes Lingard a CF next season tongue

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by GBR1(m): 11:52pm On Apr 24, 2016
The win against Everton was good but please let's not get carried away though we shouldn't be exactly pessimistic either. LVG doesn't fool me one bit. I remember clearly enough the expectations before the season begun and/or our plans we established at the time he got appointed. He barely scraped top 4 in his first year and while that was a major objective that season to be fair to him, finishing 4th was regarded good because of the shambles of a season we had previously when we missed CL spots and we were far from competing from the title. LVG actually planned to win the league by 2nd year, and challenge for the CL in his 3rd/final year. We failed to compete for the title this year (his 2nd year) and making top 4 seems very uncertain so we might not even be in CL talk more of challenging for it. This is failure, and attempts at revisionism are shameful at best. LVG has mastered the act of making United fans lower their expectations every now and then and making us think poorly. Some even say he should stay because he plays young players. Do you think LVG would not give up playing even a single youth player if he got offered the 1st position on the table?
Sincerely, there are too many things to complain and i could go on and on, but what i'm trying to say now is simple; Finishing 4th and even winning the FA cup should not be enough for LVG to keep his job. He must be moved on from and this summer, i believe his replacement is already in waiting. Now let's just support him, and hope we can end the season in the best means possible.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 5:46am On Apr 25, 2016
Mahrez

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:18am On Apr 25, 2016
Odunharry:
Mahrez

I think he deserves it with his goals and assist stats.

Now leicester must win the league to really really make the award wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:25am On Apr 25, 2016
HERRERA: DAVID DE GEA IS SUPERHUMAN

Ander Herrera believes his Manchester United team-mate David De Gea is the world's best goalkeeper, insisting he has a "special talent" following his superb display in the dramatic FA Cup triumph over Everton.

Herrera came off the bench to provide the assist for Anthony Martial's late match-winning strike, after De Gea had saved Romelu Lukaku's penalty just before the hour-mark. 

The keeper's latest standout display saw him voted Man of the Match by fans after the game - a performance which will strengthen his claim to become the first player to win the club's Player of the Year award three years in a row - and Herrera is in no doubt about De Gea's standing among football's elite shot-stoppers.

"What can I say? I am not objective - he is the number one in the world," he told ManUtd.com and fellow reporters. "In England you know that, but in the rest of the world they think they have better goalkeepers, but I don’t think so. When we win titles or trophies I think he will be more recognised.

"He has a special talent. When you are born with that quality and ability, you are so lucky. The rest of us humans, we have to work more. But what I like about him is that he is very calm, he has his feet on the ground. He doesn’t change when it comes to these kind of games so I think he is number one of Spain and in the world - he is my friend so I am very happy for him."

Despite singling out his fellow countryman for praise, Herrera was quick to point out that the team's cup run has come as the result of a team effort, and insists there are still challenges to come.

"If you see the whole season we have defended quite well as a team," he added. "Daley [Blind] and Chris Smalling have made a fantastic duo, but the other players help. We have a fantastic team spirit when we defend and now we are creating a lot of chances. Anthony [Martial], Marcus [Rashford], Jesse [Lingard] and Juan [Mata] have the quality to change the games so it’s a good mix when you defend well and create a lot of chances.

"I want to keep my feet on the ground. We are making a fantastic team but we have to show that in big games like the ones coming up against Leicester [at home] and Norwich away because that will be a very difficult match considering they are fighting against relegation," he added. "I think we can be optimistic with this team, because of the mix of younger players and the more experienced ones, as well as ones like me who are in between."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Apr/Player-reaction-Ander-Herrera-says-david-de-gea-is-superhuman-after-his-performance-against-everton.aspx
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 25, 2016
Wayne Rooney will use Paul Scholes as his role model as a permanent move into a deeper role now looks a certainty for the Manchester United captain.

The 30-year-old has been deployed in midfield in the past, but has always insisted he prefers to play as the out-and-out striker he was when he first burst on to the scene as a teenager.

However he returned to that deep-lying, quarterback role in United's last-gasp FA Cup semifinal success against his boyhood club Everton on Saturday.

He was one of the best players on display at Wembley, picking out passes and starting attacks, while also undertaking the defensive side of the game, including clearing a Romelu Lukaku effort off the line in the early stages.

United, who are still uncertain of a top-four finish and with manager Louis van Gaal's future the subject of speculation, now face a May 21 FA Cup final date with Crystal Palace.

Rooney is likely to remain in his new role given the form of United's young attacking talents Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard.

And the England skipper is now ready to use the experience of playing alongside Scholes for so many years as a way of improving in the position.

"I've known for a few years, I have played there a few times throughout my career and I can play that position," Rooney replied when asked if he was at home in midfield.

"I have played and watched Paul Scholes play that role for years and I always knew that one day that is where I would play, so I have tried to learn and watch what he did.

"It is still early days, but hopefully if I keep playing there I can develop and get better.

"We have got a lot of pace in the team now and I think I can read the game quite well -- whether to go forward or stay deeper and leave the space for the other lads.

"Obviously it is down to the manager, it is his decision and for the team more importantly it is the right thing to do at this moment in time.''

Rooney may have a new post on the pitch, but he will continue to be a mentor to those precocious young talents who are looking to lead a new era at Old Trafford.

Martial arrived last summer for a huge fee, but has enjoyed a successful first campaign and scored the stoppage-time winner on Saturday, while Rashford has enhanced his reputation with a number of key goals.

Rooney, who moved to United from Everton as a 19-year-old, is ready to offer his guidance -- much like current assistant manager Ryan Giggs did for him in 2004.

"Of course I try and help them,'' he said.

"We're all trying to win together. When I joined the club at 18 Giggsy was about 30 and I saw the help and advice he gave me at that age, so if I can help those young players in any way now I'm happy to do that.

"I've been doing that, but not only that, they can help me as well. You're always learning and especially in the last few games learning about a new position and playing deeper than I've played. I've been enjoying it.

"Obviously it's early days, especially for Rashford. He's a young lad and hasn't played many games, but the impact he has had has been huge for us in the last couple of months.

"Anthony has settled in quickly. Obviously with the start he had he wasn't going to go on like that for the whole season, but he's settled down, is coming up with some big goals for us and you can see the enjoyment in his game and a great goal has put us in the final.''

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/manchester-united/story/2858092/manchester-uniteds-wayne-rooney-to-use-paul-scholes-as-midfield-role-model
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 25, 2016
Any hope for top 4 this Session?!
undecided

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 25, 2016
adeyemi2015:
Any hope for top 4 this Session?!
undecided

This fixture list isn't current..

(1) (2) (3) ... (2821) (2822) (2823) (2824) (2825) (2826) (2827) ... (14257) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: eleshin(m), larride(m), akwesenana, Ellexy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.