Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,628 members, 7,948,422 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 08:40 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9140531 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3367) (3368) (3369) (3370) (3371) (3372) (3373) ... (14362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 3:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
Leyqute:

There was more urgency and passion in the way United played yesterday. Plus we didn't give the opponent space and time on the ball to think; the pressure was high. The opposite was the case against Watford and especially Feyenoord. Martial, Rooney and other midfielders switched to a defensive mentality and gave the opponent too much time on the ball, which helps their confidence.

Pep's Shitty and Barca don't usually give their opponents that time, and it's a big difference. Unless you're playing a very good team, the wise thing to do is not to give them space, and make good use of the ball when you have it.

Yesterday, and against Leicester City, we pressurized the opponent and recovered the ball quickly. The only difference is that yesterday we had more fluidity, with players running into spaces to collect the ball in the opponent's half but we failed to create enough goal scoring chances.

Which match did you watch sir?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by funlord(m): 4:02pm On Sep 30, 2016
undecided afrodoc2

These other guys nkor? Very insightful innit...

“He will have been buoyed by the reception he got in the 67th minute and just over a minute later HE HAD A HAND in Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s winner.”.......The Sun.

“The England captain HAD A HAND IN THE CRUCIAL GOAL two minutes later. Fosu-
Mensah crossed and Rooney’s fluffed
attempt on goal sent the ball spinning
towards the back post where Ibrahimovic was well placed to head in”.........Daily Mail.

“His first contribution proved decisive,
even if unintended. From his mis-hit
shot, the ball fell kindly for Ibrahimovic,
who took full advantage”.... Daily Mirror.

“Rooney had been on the field only two
minutes when his first touch, a bungled
attempt at a shot, saw the ball bounce
off his knee, into the ground and then
loop high into the air and straight on to
the head of Zlatan Ibrahimovic”...Daily Telegraph.

“Rooney’s first touch was actually a terrible one, presented with an opportunity from close to the penalty spot by Fosu-Mensah’s cut
back from the right, he stabbed his shot into the ground and managed to miss the target, YET SUCCEEDED IN SUPRISING THE ZORYA DEFENCE AS WELL AS THE OLD TRAFFORD CROWD”.....The Guardian.

“Rooney met Timothy Fosu-Mensah’s
cross with an attempted volley but
miscued completely. The ball bounced off
his knee and across to Ibrahimovic at
the far post, who had little trouble
climbing above Kamenyuka, Zorya’s
captain, to head in”.......The Times.

“And within a couple of minutes he played
a part, unintentionally, as Ibrahimovic
broke the deadlock. The striker headed
home from Rooney’s mis-hit shot for his
sixth goal for the club”......Daily Express.

“His miskick from Fosu- Mensah’s cross hit the ground and was headed home by Zlatan Ibrahimovic”.........Daily Star.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:15pm On Sep 30, 2016
SlaughterGang:

Easy with your lies...That offside was a close call and as a striker...Coaches all over have one rule..."Don't stop till you hear the call"...I have been hearing that mantra all the way from HS right to college so this only highlights Rooney's Lack of Judgement, He has grown lethargic and it's blatantly clear he was expecting the ball

The ball was perfect for him and there was no deflection with the pass that found Rooney...Old man go and sleeep and take your pills. But maybe your argument was as a result of your early dementia...Here's a video to refresh your memory unless of course you can't afford to watch it then go onto the numerous articles that analyse it in more detail.

And the worse part is if he had made that goal, Depays confidence would be better and the gaffer would have more faith in him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNjVjfA81kk

I thought it was more serious. Even super scorers, Messi and Ronaldo miss easier chances.

You no know ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 4:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
Leyqute:

There was more urgency and passion in the way United played yesterday. Plus we didn't give the opponent space and time on the ball to think; the pressure was high. The opposite was the case against Watford and especially Feyenoord. Martial, Rooney and other midfielders switched to a defensive mentality and gave the opponent too much time on the ball, which helps their confidence.

Pep's Shitty and Barca don't usually give their opponents that time, and it's a big difference. Unless you're playing a very good team, the wise thing to do is not to give them space, and make good use of the ball when you have it.

Yesterday, and against Leicester City, we pressurized the opponent and recovered the ball quickly. The only difference is that yesterday we had more fluidity, with players running into spaces to collect the ball in the opponent's half but we failed to create enough goal scoring chances.
I agree with this.. The team wasn't so bad yesterday.. Fellaini, rojo and lingard were the culprits yesterday! Fellaini made the game lethargic and lingard threw away chances. Rojo is just an 1diot We just weren't sharp in front of goal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
elampiro:

You.... Played football too? Ajigbijigbijigbi

Any way, anyone can play football when your play mates are your evil gang members high on weed, tired from sex and feeling drunk from ogogoro. No one comes to mark you on the ball for five minutes.

grin grin grin cheesy Elampawa on the microphone! !!
LMAOOO

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:12pm On Sep 30, 2016
"My relationship with Mourinho has never been bad.

"Many lies were told about me and Mourinho when he arrived at the club this summer.

"It bothered me that every day I had to read and listen to rumours that were not true. With him I am fine.

"You read a lot of comments on Facebook and Twitter but they just make you laugh."

- Juan Mata
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
I just so hate it when people say a certain player is not "United standard"... I mean, what the fvck is "United standard"?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 6:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
RuuDie:
I just so hate it when people say a certain player is not "United standard"... I mean, what the fvck is "United standard"?

Not cattermole, not David moyes, not you, you are not a fan of the club so who we rate as united standard shouldn't concern you

Thanks

13 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 6:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
funlord:
undecided afrodoc2

These other guys nkor? Very insightful innit...

“He will have been buoyed by the reception he got in the 67th minute and just over a minute later HE HAD A HAND in Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s winner.”.......The Sun.

“The England captain HAD A HAND IN THE CRUCIAL GOAL two minutes later. Fosu-
Mensah crossed and Rooney’s fluffed
attempt on goal sent the ball spinning
towards the back post where Ibrahimovic was well placed to head in”.........Daily Mail.

“His first contribution proved decisive,
even if unintended. From his mis-hit
shot, the ball fell kindly for Ibrahimovic,
who took full advantage”.... Daily Mirror.

“Rooney had been on the field only two
minutes when his first touch, a bungled
attempt at a shot, saw the ball bounce
off his knee, into the ground and then
loop high into the air and straight on to
the head of Zlatan Ibrahimovic”...Daily Telegraph.

“Rooney’s first touch was actually a terrible one, presented with an opportunity from close to the penalty spot by Fosu-Mensah’s cut
back from the right, he stabbed his shot into the ground and managed to miss the target, YET SUCCEEDED IN SUPRISING THE ZORYA DEFENCE AS WELL AS THE OLD TRAFFORD CROWD”.....The Guardian.

“Rooney met Timothy Fosu-Mensah’s
cross with an attempted volley but
miscued completely. The ball bounced off
his knee and across to Ibrahimovic at
the far post, who had little trouble
climbing above Kamenyuka, Zorya’s
captain, to head in”.......The Times.

“And within a couple of minutes he played
a part, unintentionally, as Ibrahimovic
broke the deadlock. The striker headed
home from Rooney’s mis-hit shot for his
sixth goal for the club”......Daily Express.

“His miskick from Fosu- Mensah’s cross hit the ground and was headed home by Zlatan Ibrahimovic”.........Daily Star.
Lmao. Just imagine.

He fluffed the shot, but that "somehow surprised the Zorya defence and OT crowd".

And they'll call themselves pundits o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:32pm On Sep 30, 2016
LoRdCaT:
I agree with this.. The team wasn't so bad yesterday.. Fellaini, rojo and lingard were the culprits yesterday! Fellaini made the game lethargic and lingard threw away chances. Rojo is just an 1diot We just weren't sharp in front of goal.

Exactly. These players aren't top class but that doesn't mean we should throw them under the bus.

Fellaini takes a fraction of a second slower to release passes than Herrera and others, and he's gotta figure out how to change that. Ibra is older, almost as big as he is, and sharper. He has no excuse.

When you think about it, the only thing Lingard mostly brings to the table is his passion and work rate. He loses goals and sometimes has brief sparks of brilliance, but that's it. He's young though, and can improve.

Rojo for the most part is just a fraud, but he's not as worse as Darmian smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2016
AdisaOwala:

Which match did you watch sir?

Go back and compare yesterday's performance with the game against Feyenoord.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 6:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
Leyqute:

Exactly. These players aren't top class but that doesn't mean we should throw them under the bus.

Fellaini takes a fraction of a second slower to release passes than Herrera and others, and he's gotta figure out how to change that. Ibra is older, almost as big as he is, and sharper. He has no excuse.

When you think about it, the only thing Lingard mostly brings to the table is his passion and work rate. He loses goals and sometimes has brief sparks of brilliance, but that's it. He's young though, and can improve.

Rojo for the most part is just a fraud, but he's not as worse as Darmian smiley
True but some 1diots need to be swept away from this club. Darmian and rojo are top on the list of "players that need to get the fvck outta man utd"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 6:57pm On Sep 30, 2016
RuuDie:
Is this a joke?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 7:00pm On Sep 30, 2016
With TFM seemingly now ahead of darmian in pecking order, it's safe to assume that baba needs a miracle to rescue his United career
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SlaughterGang: 7:15pm On Sep 30, 2016
elampiro:

I thought it was more serious. Even super scorers, Messi and Ronaldo miss easier chances.

You no know ball.

Oh Lawd...I am dead...LMFAO...Are you comparing the current Rooney to Ronaldo and Messi?...Go and take your pills.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 7:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
Leyqute:

Go back and compare yesterday's performance with the game against Feyenoord.

I am beginning to suspect that we watched two different games...

Independent:

United lacked any kind of spark or energy, save for the occasional flash of invention from Rashford.

It was as dismal as anything witnessed under Louis van Gaal last season, when the Stretford End would regularly break into chants of ‘attack, attack, attack’ in response to the Dutchman’s cautious approach.

And it will not be long before the demands are made of Mourinho’s teams if they continue to play with such a pedestrian approach

Sky Sports:

Ukrainian outfit Zorya failed to live up to their minnow status, producing a gutsy display, although that was due mainly to United's lethargic approach
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
PietroRico:
With TFM seemingly now ahead of darmian in pecking order, it's safe to assume that baba needs a miracle to rescue his United career

That Darmian dude fvcked up when he said MU was a stepping stone for him. As if he was that good before.

He should be shipped out to Apata Warriors.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SlaughterGang: 7:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
You people calm down...Darmian hasn't had much minutes yet...Anyways what's my business...Depay is My Nigga not Darmian.

1. Rojo
2. Phil Jones...I won't mind if these two can fvck off January...Especially Rojo...His presence limits the chances of TFM and Axel Tuanzebe. Also

3. Fellaini...I genuinely believe Schneiderlin is better than him.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:33pm On Sep 30, 2016
AdisaOwala:

I am beginning to suspect that we watched two different games...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAo15upOUUg

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AikayDaWrapper(m): 9:09pm On Sep 30, 2016
Even Regan Poole is better than Rojo

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
SlaughterGang:

Oh Lawd...I am dead...LMFAO...Are you comparing the current Rooney to Ronaldo and Messi?...Go and take your pills.

See this one saying he is dead. As if he was among the living before.

Good night.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:01pm On Sep 30, 2016
Leyqute:

That Darmian dude fvcked up when he said MU was a stepping stone for him. As if he was that good before.

He should be shipped out to Apata Warriors.
when did he say that and how'd I miss it?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
elampiro:

Good night.

grin grin

Are you born for this?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
LATEST TEAM NEWS FOR STOKE CLASH

Jose Mourinho says Phil Jones will definitely miss Manchester United's clash with Stoke City on Sunday, but he hopes both Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Luke Shaw could be available.

The Reds boss confirmed Jones still faces "more weeks" on the sidelines as he recovers from a knee injury, while Mkhitaryan has been training with the first team this week and Shaw is bidding to overcome illness.

"Phil Jones is the only one with an important injury and definitely out for more weeks to come," explained the manager at his pre-match press conference, conducted at the end of Thursday's win over Zorya Luhansk. "Micki is training now with the team. Luke is ill but hopefully he will train with the team too [on Friday]. We are fine in terms of our condition."

Mourinho also revealed that Tim Fosu-Mensah was forced off with a knock in United's Europa League victory which meant he was unable to give winger Memphis Depay the time on the pitch he had planned.

"Every game I know more about my players, especially the ones that are on the pitch. Obviously I would like to have other players playing more so I can see more and learn more about them," explained the boss, when asked whether the tough fixtures in October will tell him more about his playing staff.

"I had in my mind to give Memphis 20-25 minutes [on Thursday night], but I couldn’t with the way I had to make the changes and the problem with Tim Fosu-Mensah meant I had to play a right-back [Ashley Young]. But we need the squad, that’s for sure."

Jose Mourinho sees Ashley Young more as an RB than Darmian?!

January isn't too far to uproot the Weeds in the Team!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
"Every game is massive, Watford was massive. We lost three points against Watford. That's no different to the three points we lost against Manchester City. But, you are right, we have some big opponents in October."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:33pm On Sep 30, 2016
"I need time. I need the players to play. I need to see them in different circumstances and I need to understand more about them. There are so many and so much to learn about the players.

"Only when you work with them for a long time do you know them well. There is always a surprise behind the door when you work for the team for three or four or five months.

"Every game I know more about my players, especially the ones who are on the pitch. Obviously I would like to have other players playing more, so I can see more and I can learn more about them."

- Jose Mourinho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SlaughterGang: 12:55am On Oct 01, 2016
elampiro:

Good night.

Dont forget to pray...Phew he has nothing to say, he ran away LMFAO only if it was this easy chasing Rooney away angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:10am On Oct 01, 2016
elampiro:

Good night.

grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 01, 2016
http://www.espnfc.com.ng/arsenal/story/2962751/ivan-gazidis-targets-trophies-after-arsenal-post-191-million-in-cash-reserves

Some are posting cash reserves of almost 200M while scummies are posting debts of over 250M. Shouting revenue record upandan after being flogged at home by man city.
Uber useless club, with deluded and gullible fans.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 8:49am On Oct 01, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
http://www.espnfc.com.ng/arsenal/story/2962751/ivan-gazidis-targets-trophies-after-arsenal-post-191-million-in-cash-reserves

Some are posting cash reserves of almost 200M while scummies are posting debts of over 250M. Shouting revenue record upandan after being flogged at home by man city.
Uber useless club, with deluded and gullible fans.
otedola has debts but that doesn't mean he is not richer than ur whole village put together...

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 01, 2016
lekkie073:
otedola has debts but that doesn't mean he is not richer than ur whole village put together...
U can spew whatever nonsense from ur brain to decongest it. It doesn't change the fact that ur club has become irrelevant and it's just trying very hard to impress.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 9:10am On Oct 01, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

U can spew whatever nonsense from ur brain to decongest it. It doesn't change the fact that ur club has become irrelevant and it's just trying very hard to impress.
and arsenal is now relevant because of some money in their reserve....

#dumb and dumber

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3367) (3368) (3369) (3370) (3371) (3372) (3373) ... (14362) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: dostr4(m), StarchAndBanga and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.