Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,729 members, 7,875,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:29 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8899046 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3405) (3406) (3407) (3408) (3409) (3410) (3411) ... (14226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2016
LoRdCaT:
Seriously? How is the bolded above the failure of the coach? Isn't poor team selection the fault of the coach? What are you saying sef?
Bros what exactly is the work of the coach? Or you're among those that believe just buy the players and put them on the pitch? The coach job is to make team selection dazzal?
Abeg weather hot for here grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 12:20pm On Oct 17, 2016
Elxandre:
i don't think this match is winnable considering liverpool's speed and form.
we dont have a decisive stiker too!
Are you kidding me? shocked Where is all this unnecessary fear coming from? I think you guys are doing this incase loserfool wins, so you guys can say "i said it". Well guess what: Man utd aren't losing today!

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:20pm On Oct 17, 2016
codedguy1:

Which thought Celtic would score 3goals against city and with all their form they also got beaten by everton.

grin

Nah!
It's actually a draw Match!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dubylhover(m): 12:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
AdisaOwala:

I agree that the poor performance of certain players contributed to the loss...no doubt but even if we are to look at it from your perspective, there's was no way Lingard or any of our wide men (even in top form) where gonna be as effective as an attack that had Cristiano Ronaldo & Gareth Bale - a further indictment on Mourihno's approach that day if you ask me.

The Madrid / Bayern game you cited was a CL knockout game - it isn't outta place for a manager to be focused with keeping a clean sheet at home...hence Carlotti's counter attack approach. That was a stage of the competition where a 0-0 draw at home is even considered to be a good result (depending on the circumstances ofcourse).

yea youre right,but if lingard just gave us his typical average performance,we might have had a result...blinds carelessness cost us 2 goals..tho i hope its a one off thing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 12:22pm On Oct 17, 2016
eph12:

Bros what exactly is the work of the coach? Or you're among those that believe just buy the players and put them on the pitch? The coach job is to make team selection dazzal?
Abeg weather hot for here grin
Baba the work of the coach is way more than buying players and making team selections, but i don't see how the inability of a player to control a ball properly is the fault of the coach.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
dopeJemi:

City were unlucky not to win
Gbam. This is how it should be. When we drop points it should be that we were unlucky to not that we didn't deserve to leave with the 3 points.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
LoRdCaT:
Baba the work of the coach is way more than buying players and making team selections, but i don't see how the inability of a player to control a ball properly is the fault of the coach.
You talking about controlling the ball or looking to play with your fellow player? I think we're talking about different things sha. I agree with you by the way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:28pm On Oct 17, 2016
eph12:

Gbam. This is how it should be. When we drop points it should be that we were unlucky to not that we didn't deserve to leave with the 3 points.

Against stoke we were unlucky
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2016
dopeJemi:

Against stoke we were unlucky
Yes very unlucky in the first half. We were over ran in the second half. But I agree that if we had put away those chances in the 1st half the second half would have been a stroll in the park. I hope we get our act right today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2016
eph12:

Yes very unlucky in the first half. We were over ran in the second half. But I agree that if we had put away those chances in the 1st half the second half would have been a stroll in the park. I hope we get our act right today.

Hopefully we will
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
dopeJemi:

Will you also say conte's default setting was to sit deep and hit arsenal on the counter? Considering the way arsenal came at them

We were pressed hard right from the moment the ref blew the whistle, so we can't possibly say that was Mourihno's default tactics, when your opponent presses you that hard, you have no choice but to defend first before anything, we all didn't expect That high pressing and if my memory serves me right, there was a time in that match(first half) were we held a high line

I clearly stated my opinion using a home game as an important factor in my assessment & expectations.

The Arsenal/City game was played at the emirate & yes, it is expected that Arsenal were always gonna stamp their Authority and dictate proceedings from the start.

We were dominated, bamboozled and totally outclassed at home in the 1st half - at a point, it seemed like a regular Barca vs Elche or Valladolid game at Camp Nou where the Visitors had already accepted defeat even before the game started and were probably out to do some damage control.

Our performance in that 1st half was disgraceful...

dopeJemi:

It's just like two cult groups going out for a brawl to claim the bragging rights but one came well prepared attacking the other from the get go, first they'll have to defend themselves, re group and attack, that doesn't mean it was what they set out to do

I beg to differ....

Mourihno's default plan was to sit deep, absorb pressure & counter attack - i can only say that the subdued performance of Miki & Lingard significantly affected his plans to hit City on the break.

In the 1st half, We allowed City to have the ball. Nobody was even willing to press and regain possession....our players were more interested in keeping shape and position.

If we were being managed by someone who isn't known to favour such tactics, Mourihno might have had the benefit of the doubt but with what panned out in that 1st half, It was just the "same old approach".

dopeJemi:

A clear example of "sit deep and hit on the counter" was city in the second half as we all saw Pep's instruction to his players

City were already leading - that's the difference....

Ofcourse, any decent side woulda fought like we did in the second half & taken the game to the opponents - Ibrahimovic's goal just before half time had boosted the moral of the team & it was expected that it continued that way.

As the away side, one cannot really fault Pep for his decision to absorb pressure under such circumstances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
UniqueGem:
I wonder when Liverpool turned Barcelona cum Madrid in your sight.

What's the fuss about not beating Liverpool? I can't believe this.

At no stage have I made Liverpool to be some European giant. Simply made an inference from our mostly disjointed performances this season that I dont know where people are expecting us to beat one of the form teams in the league. If you weren't a man utd fan, are you honestly telling me that based on the season so far we should beat Liverpool?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
eph12:

You talking about controlling the ball or looking to play with your fellow player? I think we're talking about different things sha. I agree with you by the way.
In your first post you typed
eph12: they had no idea how to keep the ball after they got it, that is the fault of the manager
Pray tell, how does "keeping the ball after getting it" mean "looking to play with your fellow player" please explain, because i am not understanding.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2016

They kept it just to frustrate the opponent. If you didn't notice this I did. I was just laughing when I realised what they were doing. .

But why are you dissing the boys TV?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2016
LoRdCaT:
In your first post you typed Pray tell, how does "keeping the ball after getting it" mean "looking to play with your fellow player" please explain, because i am not understanding.
Ok I will explain.
Keeping the ball is a team work and not individual effort. I guess this should answer your question
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:59pm On Oct 17, 2016
In Mou's voice; "I have nothing to say".

I only hope our guys don't disappoint me today.

#GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 12:59pm On Oct 17, 2016
eph12:

Ok I will explain.
Keeping the ball is a team work and not individual effort. I guess this should answer your question
So you are saying lingard's inability to keep the ball is as a result of poor team work? Lingard was losing the ball as soon as he got it and this is the fault of poor team work? Baba is everything all right? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 1:31pm On Oct 17, 2016
Oasis007:

grin

Nah!
It's actually a draw Match!

Thanks, Na almost I been wan write.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:33pm On Oct 17, 2016
LoRdCaT:
So you are saying lingard's inability to keep the ball is as a result of poor team work? Lingard was losing the ball as soon as he got it and this is the fault of poor team work? Baba is everything all right? grin
Una just dey crucify Lingard. Did you not see how Pogba tried to dribble past 2-3 players and lost the ball over and over again? Or Rooney? Fellaini Mkhi? Na wa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 2:36pm On Oct 17, 2016
LoRdCaT:

Naa I think you are the one not understanding exactly what he is saying.

Keeping the ball as regards team work simply means making sure you pass the ball to your teammates regargless of when the ball gets to you. It's a firm of skill because a player must always be able to locate his team mates when the ball reaches him and pass.

No player can be said to have never lost the ball but when a player consistently losses the ball especially in a particular game he puts the team under pressure.

Sometimes you don't need to control the ball before you find a teammate to pass to so inability to control the ball and then losing it is a little different from not keeping the ball.

A player must be conscious of the availability of Atleast 2 of his team mates that he can pass to even without controlling with more than a touch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:44pm On Oct 17, 2016
I tell you what's even more annoying, all the Liverpool fans in the office are extremely confident of a win like its a forgone conclusion. cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nyabinghi(m): 2:51pm On Oct 17, 2016
Stake wisely for a liverpool win, mane to score.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 2:56pm On Oct 17, 2016
eph12:

Una just dey crucify Lingard. Did you not see how Pogba tried to dribble past 2-3 players and lost the ball over and over again? Or Rooney? Fellaini Mkhi? Na wa
I am not crucifying lingard. Anyway i get your point now, you just used the wrong words to pass the right message.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 2:58pm On Oct 17, 2016
MrTA:
I tell you what's even more annoying, all the Liverpool fans in the office are extremely confident of a win like its a forgone conclusion. cry
This match go shock many people. Even utd fans are writing utd off. Nawa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 3:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
codedguy1:

Naa I think you are the one not understanding exactly what he is saying.

Keeping the ball as regards team work simply means making sure you pass the ball to your teammates regargless of when the ball gets to you. It's a firm of skill because a player must always be able to locate his team mates when the ball reaches him and pass.

No player can be said to have never lost the ball but when a player consistently losses the ball especially in a particular game he puts the team under pressure.

Sometimes you don't need to control the ball before you find a teammate to pass to so inability to control the ball and then losing it is a little different from not keeping the ball.

A player must be conscious of the availability of Atleast 2 of his team mates that he can pass to even without controlling with more than a touch.
Bruv i don't think you got the argument here. Eph12 said the inability of a player to hold on to the ball is the coach's fault, how is that the coach's fault? Even if he meant "the ability of a player to pass the ball to a teammate so as to enable the team hold the ball, with this explanation you gave, i still don't see how the inability of a player to pass out the ball is the fault of the manager. He clearly didn't mean the ability of the player to locate and pass to a teammate.

Anyway, the match is past. What do you expect from the boys today?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 3:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
Daley Blind thinks fine margins will decide Liverpool v Manchester United and believes he may have found a potentially decisive advantage.

Daley Blind thinks set-pieces could make the difference in Manchester United's bid to beat Liverpool at Anfield.
The Netherlands international is set for his sixth meeting with the Reds, having only suffered defeat in one of his previous five appearances in matches between the fierce rivals.
Blind is aware of the fixture's importance to United and Liverpool supporters and hopes the height of Jose Mourinho's men can give them the advantage in the Premier League showdown on Monday.
"We have a lot of height in the box and we must use that," Blind said to MUTV.
"Top-level football games are close and they can be decided with small details - set-pieces are one of them and it is an opportunity for us to score a goal.

"Games like this are played with a lot of emotion but, just like every game, we go into this to win.
"What is important is the result and we will try to get that.
"These are the games you live for when you are young, growing up wanting to be a footballer.
"It will be a tough game - we will have to play well but so will they."
United are three points behind Liverpool going into the game and were the last team to beat Jurgen Klopp's side at Anfield in the Premier League back in January - the hosts are unbeaten in 10 since then.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/set-pieces-can-make-difference-united-says-blind#KMHM6TYJT9sLxzBa.99

Blind making a case for Afroman to start?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:00pm On Oct 17, 2016
If Fellaini starts then I won't be watching nor will I care about the result.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
undecided

Fellaini?! That will automatically reduce my Confidence to zero!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
ibra hatrick loading cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 4:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
MrTA:
If Fellaini starts then I won't be watching nor will I care about the result.

Hehehe...

Fellaini has played in the Merseyside derby on numerous occassions - judging with Mourihno's penchant for Psychological tactics, I wouldn't bet against the big Belgian making the Starting 11.

He might partner Herrera in a pivot with Pogba moving to AMF.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Caveatemptor(m): 4:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
The lack of confidence among Manchester United fans is disgraceful.
This is a match with our greatest rivals and form or home advantage counts for nothing.
A lot of people will be surprised and shocked at the way United will approach this game.
20 times....we fear no one.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
Caveatemptor:
The lack of confidence among Manchester United fans is disgraceful.
This is a match with our greatest rivals and form or home advantage counts for nothing.
A lot of people will be surprised and shocked at the way United will approach this game.
20 times....we fear no one.

Put your mouth where your money is, You know deep down we are going to get beat.

Like I keep saying, Klopps side has 11 Olympic sprinters, there's no way players like Ibra, Mata, Fellaini and co can survive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3405) (3406) (3407) (3408) (3409) (3410) (3411) ... (14226) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.