Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,438 members, 7,891,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 09:12 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8947476 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4176) (4177) (4178) (4179) (4180) (4181) (4182) ... (14255) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
hensben:
How can Lampard be a laughing stock when he was just signed for 11mil£ huh. Siniza you see hey I comment on your players.

Olodo 11 million in 2002 , it was a record then for someone of his age then.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
Diademk07:

LOL.

You wey dey say Rooney get injury for back, abi shey na neck na football itself.
Lmao.. U don come again.

Lets get ready for long epistle between you and Elampiro
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 2:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
PietroRico:
yea, he needs to and will improve. There was a point in the season where he switched off due to burn out. I believe he even had to fake that his last injury to get some much needed rest.
A rest that was prolonged by the unfortunate incident that happened to his father.
We all saw how he came back in the last games of the season.

This is probably even his first real pre season for quite some time now.

But you can't help but feel Pogba will never be rated objectively, not when they keep throwing that transfer fee into the equation, consciously or unconsciously.

We will keep hearing statements that sound like, he did well but not 89m well.
It is normal to expect talks like this from rival fans, but when they begin to come from our own fans, it becomes really funny.

Give this guy one crate of Heineken. Most United fans need not join those sub standard elements in the opponents camp to slay our fans who are trying to settle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
PietroRico:
yea, he needs to and will improve. There was a point in the season where he switched off due to burn out. I believe he even had to fake that his last injury to get some much needed rest.
A rest that was prolonged by the unfortunate incident that happened to his father.
We all saw how he came back in the last games of the season.

This is probably even his first real pre season for quite some time now.

But you can't help but feel Pogba will never be rated objectively, not when they keep throwing that transfer fee into the equation, consciously or unconsciously.

We will keep hearing statements that sound like, he did well but not 89m well.
It is normal to expect talks like this from rival fans, but when they begin to come from our own fans, it becomes really funny.
bale doesn't even have the "out of dis world" stats for madrid to justify his 85mil, yet some people are even suggesting we buy him for another world record fee. pogba did well for us, i wonder when them begin judge CM with him goal and assist output

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
afrodoc2:
What is funny is you expecting a 5m pound player to shoulder the same responsibility and expectations as an 89m pound player.

My brother - I just taya!!

Rooney is considered to be a fraud because his wages aren't commensurate with his output but when the performances of the most expensive player in the history of the game (and one of the highest paid players in the world) aren't up to the standards expected, the financial aspect suddenly becomes irrelevant grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 2:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
Diademk07:

And we didn't play counter attacking football? Our win against Chelsea was a full flowing possession based football from our end, right? Clap for yourself.

And you should be thanking Van gaal for promoting Rashford because if he hadn't, Mourinho would have been saddled with the same immobile ageing Rooney that played as the striker for 2/3 of Van gaal regime before Rashford emerged.

I don't have time for this your argument I am talking about Kante in Chelsea and Leicester team.
Rashford is a good player so will eventually emerge one day with or without van gaal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:24pm On Jun 10, 2017
CapitalCee:

Tomorrow when he starts putting in excellent performances like Bailly, and you point it out Chelsea fans hailing you now,will dig up your post to mock you. Modric was a bench warmer in his first season at Madrid because he was competing with Ozil in the attacking midfield position, the following season Ancelloti moved him to proper central midfield behind Khedira and he excelled immediately, boom champions league they won, last week they added a third in 4 seasons while Ozil is chilling with 3 FA Cups in the same number of seasons. Herrera is a central midfielder nor a defensive midfielder, he only played there because nobody in united could do the job more than him, 25m schnerderlien flopped. That is why we need a tactically stable DM like Fabinho to allow Herrera roam around influencing play the way he should. He can't be participate fully in build up play and midfield control when he is paying close attention to opposition dangermen sniffing them out and shielding our injury-ravaged/make-shift defence.
Modric can afford to, there is Casemeiro. Ramsey schooled Kante and matic in the F A Cup final cos Xhaka covered him. Silva can roam and influence play because he has Fernandino, Busquets was the foot soldier when iniesta and xavi dominated the world in both Barcelona and Spain. Herrera doesn't have that luxury. Get him a Good cover and judge him afterwards.

Although Herrera needs to improve? He is not a squad player, not after this seasons performance

Herrera played as CM under Mourinho na and was still rubbish in that role like he was under Van gaal. The truth is the only way Herrera can become relevant is by playing as a DM for a below 6th-placed team which is what we were last season and Bilbao's constant position. He's not meant for a top team. He may have been our best player last season but he's simply not one of the best DM nor CM out there, so what are we saying?

As for Modric, he was not only used wrongly by Mourinho at Madrid but hardly played. His best position has always been in the central midfield but because Mourinho wanted a more defensively solid player in the attacking midfield, Modric was used in the said role.

That's quite different from Herrera.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 2:25pm On Jun 10, 2017
Diademk07:

And you should be thanking Van gaal for promoting Rashford because if he hadn't, Mourinho would have been saddled with the same immobile ageing Rooney that played as the striker for 2/3 of Van gaal regime before Rashford emerged.

As at that time, the squad was heavily depleted with injuries & LVG had no one to run to...hence the "emergency promotion" of Rashford.

No?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:33pm On Jun 10, 2017
CapitalCee:

I don't have time for this your argument I am talking about Kante in Chelsea and Leicester team.
Rashford is a good player so will eventually emerge one day with or without van gaal

The question is would Rashford have played prominent role and led our attack after Ibrahimovic got injured if he hadn't been promoted under Van gaal?

You think Mourinho would leave a crucial moment such as the europa league competition for a just promoted academy player?

I find it hard to believe that some people are still of the belief that the performance under Van gaal was due to his tactic. It's a miracle we won the Fa cup with an immobile ageing team that played under him. In fact, it was the young players who injected some intensity into our play and turned the season around because there was nothing the coach could do with immobile players such as Rooney, Carrick etc in the midfield. Or have you forgotten that the same Bastian you labelled as a good player was not only an ageing player but was a crock that hardly played for 2/3 of the season

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 2:34pm On Jun 10, 2017
Diademk07:

Herrera played as CM under Mourinho na and was still rubbish in that role like he was under Mourinho. The truth is the only way Herrera can become relevant is by playing as a DM for a below 6th-placed team which is what we were last season and Bilbao's constant position. He's not meant for a top team. He may have been our best player last season but he's simply not one of the best DM nor CM out there, so what are we saying?

As for Modric, he was not only used wrongly by Mourinho at Madrid. His best position has always been in the central midfield but because [/b]Mourinho wanted a more defensively solid player in the attacking midfield, Modric was used in the said role.[b]

That's quite different from Herrera.

I think you don't just like the dude Herrera.

For the bolded, mourinho used Ozil as the attacking midfielder, so how is Ozil more defensive than Modric? May be if your are a manager Ozil could rival Ramos or Pepe for the CB position.
Modric at that time is a bench warmer. Khedira, Alonso and Ozil start for mourinho, it was Ancelloti that sold "lazy" and non-defensive Ozil and installed Modric.

Like I said I don't want to enter this long argument, it's a no brainier

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:37pm On Jun 10, 2017
all the noise around James don die down.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2017
AdisaOwala:

As at that time, the squad was heavily depleted with injuries & LVG had no one to run to...hence the "emergency promotion" of Rashford.

No?

Abeg tell am, and that was even in the Europa against part timers mitdjiland, he scored two goals there added another two against arsenal 3 days later, scored knocked out westham in the FA cup a week later. Even a blind man will promote any body that emerge like that. Even mourinho who is criticized for not giving youngsters chance, promoted names like David Santon, Casemeiro, Moratta, Callejon, Nacho and Balloteli.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 2:45pm On Jun 10, 2017
CapitalCee:

Olodo 11 million in 2002 , it was a record then for someone of his age then.
what will you now term rio ferdnand signing who moved from Leeds to manure for 30m£? Veron 23m£....Over sabi and sentimental being like you.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bigkesh(m): 2:45pm On Jun 10, 2017
CapitalCee:

You didn't finish tenth last season with any Portuguese. The last time I checked Guus Hiddink is a Dutch.

Oh yh...Thanks man

You mean the Dutch that saved us from the relegation the Christian Chukwu in disguise was driving us at
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 2:48pm On Jun 10, 2017
Funlord2:

grin grin grin

Siniza maka why?

Lol. Bailly as at that month didn't play well. And he's just back from injury and wasn't playing steadily due to the much reliable Jones-Rojo combo. No big deal, at least he didn't disappear like Ikedia Hazard for full season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:48pm On Jun 10, 2017
CapitalCee:

For the bolded, mourinho used Ozil as the attacking midfielder, so how is Ozil more defensive than Modric? May be if your are a manager Ozil could rival Ramos or Pepe for the CB position.
Modric at that time is a bench warmer. Khedira, Alonso and Ozil start for mourinho, it was Ancelloti that sold "lazy" and non-defensive Ozil and installed Modric.

I stated that Mourinho wanted a more defensively solid player in the attacking role and that was why Modric got deployed in the role when it's not his best position to begin with. I never claimed that Ozil is more defensively solid than Modric.

Take for example in Madrid CL match against Dortmund, Modric played as a AM and they were whooped 4-1 by Dortmund but in the second leg, Modric was deployed in the central midfield in the place of Khedira and Madrid defeated Dortmund 2-0 and could have had more if Higuain wasn't wasteful. So, yes, Modric was still a quality player under Mourinho, it's just that he was utilised wrongly under Mourinho.

I did correct my previous post because I failed to complete my sentence when I stated that "Modric was not only used wrongly by Mourinho..."

As for Herrera, I won't say I like him but I'm saying the truth about him. We need quality players whether young or old that will take us back to the top. Our midfield performance against that Ajax u23 team was an abomination to say the least.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 2:48pm On Jun 10, 2017
bigkesh:

So you agree we finished 10th because of Portuguese Christian Chukwu
And the same Portuguese Christian Chukwu is the best coach in the history of ur dry gin Shekpe club tongue tongue tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Funlord2(m): 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2017
CapitalCee:

You are a quick learner!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Diademk07: 2:55pm On Jun 10, 2017
AdisaOwala:

No?

The same Van gaal that signed teenagers such as Martial, Fosu Mensah?

I also remembered Lingard and Blcakett playing in the previous season under him before Lingard season ended with injury while Blackett showed to be a fraud!

So, nope, Van gaal has always been about promoting kids since he became a football coach.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 3:05pm On Jun 10, 2017
hensben:
what will you now term rio ferdnand signing who moved from Leeds to manure for 30m£? Veron 23m£....Over sabi and sentimental being like you.

Let me continue trashing your lack of facts again.
Veron was 26 when he moved to United and have already played in both the world cup and champions league with Argentina and Lazio respectively, and was Argentine captain.
Rio was the undisputed best defender in Britain at that time and have also played world cup as a starter, reaching both UEFA cup and champions league semifinals with Leeds.

Lampard only starts at westham because his uncle Harry redknapp was the manager. At that time he only get games at england u-21.so your comparisons are way off

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2017
I skipped about 3-4 pages. I hope i didn't miss anything​ important?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
eph12:

You definitely didn't. Angry I read the last 2 sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2017
MRTA7:

I started reading and then I realized that it wasn't transfer news​ but the usual nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2017
AdisaOwala:

My brother - I just taya!!

Rooney is considered to be a fraud because his wages aren't commensurate with his output but when the performances of the most expensive player in the history of the game (and one of the highest paid players in the world) aren't up to the standards expected, the financial aspect suddenly becomes irrelevant grin
what exactly is the output expected?
Double figures goals and assists?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 3:45pm On Jun 10, 2017
BTW comparing the Pogba situation to that of a declining Rooney is simply a case of apples and oranges.

The Rooney wage issue has been discussed here before in detail.
There is nothing I will say now that elampiro hasn't already said
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2017
If your proof of Pogba not living up to expectation this season is his goal and assist numbers, I wonder what your assessment of Modric's season will be. Someone arguably the best in the midfield business right now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2017
PietroRico:
If your proof of Pogba not living up to expectation this season is his goal and assist numbers, I wonder what your assessment of Modric's season will be. Someone arguably the best in the midfield business right now.
he had a grand league total of 1 goal and 2 assists
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2017
MRTA7:

grin

You did miss the kinda FOOD you like most, but I won't tell you what the Ingredients are.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AdisaOwala: 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
PietroRico:
what exactly is the output expected?
Double figures goals and assists?

For that kinda transfer fee (and wages), he is expected to be consistent with his performances - blowing Hot & Cold..... Here & There is unacceptable!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 4:05pm On Jun 10, 2017
PietroRico:
he had a grand league total of 1 goal and 2 assists
True. But I also wish pogba to improve next season and I'm not talking about goals here but his general play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 4:06pm On Jun 10, 2017
eph12:
Nah! My man. U didn't!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2017
In between the argument of PietroRico and Afrodoc is the truth...

(1) (2) (3) ... (4176) (4177) (4178) (4179) (4180) (4181) (4182) ... (14255) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: odizeey(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.