Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,939 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:54 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8902026 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (14226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by McIrx: 11:54pm On Sep 25, 2013
dademola: i hope arsenal beat chelsea! a newcastle win wnt be a bad idea... tongue

Your wishes has got an element of fear written all over it.Due to the 4-1 bashing,you'd definitely hope Newcastle will be strong enough to do the 'dirty' job of eliminating Man City.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:05am On Sep 26, 2013
afrodoc: jones was untidy in play at times but he had 6 interceptions, 5 clearances, 85% pass accuracy, 100% long ball accuracy.and he covered lots of ground.
not bad for a makeshift DM
We are saying the same thing, difference is you said it in German & I said it in Spanish cheesy
I was already reading bashing about how "clueless & over-the-place" Jones, Giggs & Smalling were. I had to wonder if it the same game I saw as well or a replay from 2008 or so undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 12:58am On Sep 26, 2013
SailorXY:
We are saying the same thing, difference is you said it in German & I said it in Spanish cheesy
I was already reading bashing about how "clueless & over-the-place" Jones, Giggs & Smalling were. I had to wonder if it the same game I saw as well or a replay from 2008 or so undecided

lol funny thing i understand Spanish better than that guttural German that Dayo and A-40 yarn grin.
they were not clueless or all over the place.most just lacked sharpness due to over benching things nd dey got better as d match progressed.
however smalling gave d ball away abt 3 times in very bad areas,he needs to cut that out and be more comfortable on d ball(he is not playing for Bolton or West Ham)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:47am On Sep 26, 2013
Kagawa's best position is CAM. He looked more lethal whenever he moved to CAM yestaday. Unless he should be given free role from the flank.

He is isolated on the flank. He needs where he'll be giving n receiving passes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Screwface(m): 7:17am On Sep 26, 2013
Whoever gave Evans MOTH most definately saw another match, not the one against Liverpool lastnight. Dude could have been the death of us atleast 2wice on that pitch yester night!

I just read David Moyes post match reaction, and I get a feel Buttner could as well play on saturday. And if for any reason, RVP remains injured, I just hope he sticks to CC14.

Good gracious God! Rafeal was on high doze of weed yesterday!cheesycheesy. Glad to see that guy back, cuz if it's not Rafeal, it can never be Rafealgrin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:43am On Sep 26, 2013
My team against W'Brom:

DDG

Rafa Vidic Evans Evra

Cleverly/Ando Carrick

Zaha/Januzaj Kagawa/Rooney Nani

VP/Chica

Subs:GK, Valencia, Jones, Fellaini,
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 8:04am On Sep 26, 2013
Everyone is on welbeck and valencia, imo they offer a lot just that when results don't go ur way we centre on them. Before rvp was bought these guys were playing well. Nani you guys are clamouring for offers no support for united when we are on the backfoot though he has shows some occasional flashes. What we need is to mark hard, we are too soft in winning back the ball. Rooney has shown he is the most important player in united's rank. Why is zaha not getting play time, they should allow him start on saturday so as not to dampen his spirit. Rafael is back, I prefer rafael and valencia together on the right, kagaWa should be shifted to the centre cos he has that eye for deadly passes. In moyes we trust. Where are the moyes and rooney haters.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:14am On Sep 26, 2013
BinghiNya: Everyone is on welbeck and valencia, imo they offer a lot just that when results don't go ur way we centre on them. Before rvp was bought these guys were playing well. Nani you guys are clamouring for offers no support for united when we are on the backfoot though he has shows some occasional flashes. What we need is to mark hard, we are too soft in winning back the ball. Rooney has shown he is the most important player in united's rank. Why is zaha not getting play time, they should allow him start on saturday so as not to dampen his spirit. Rafael is back, I prefer rafael and valencia together on the right, kagaWa should be shifted to the centre cos he has that eye for deadly passes. In moyes we trust. Where are the moyes and rooney haters.

N play Rooney where? Cos d@ has been d problem.

Valencia hasnt done half of wat Nani did in United. The fact is d@ his predictability has caught up with him n he can't learn a new dancing step now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 26, 2013
Screwface: Whoever gave Evans MOTH most definately saw another match, not the one against Liverpool lastnight. Dude could have been the death of us atleast 2wice on that pitch yester night!

I just read David Moyes post match reaction, and I get a feel Buttner could as well play on saturday. And if for any reason, RVP remains injured, I just hope he sticks to CC14.

Good gracious God! Rafeal was on high doze of weed yesterday!cheesycheesy. Glad to see that guy back, cuz if it's not Rafeal, it can never be Rafealgrin
i tire for stats mehn. If person no watch ystdy's match, and stumbles upon dos yeye stats, u go think say evans na d new thiago silva. Smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 8:21am On Sep 26, 2013
chrisley024:

N play Rooney where? Cos d@ has been d problem.

Valencia hasnt done half of wat Nani did in United. The fact is d@ his predictability has caught up with him n he can't learn a new dancing step now.
and what has nani done in man u all his years, if he were up to scratch young, zaha, valencia wouldn't have been bought
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 26, 2013
Happy for Danger Mouse for copping his first win over a top side.
Plenty pf work needs to be done, though I kind of liked the fact that the make-shift side (or so I put it) beat a full-strength Liverpool side, even if the performance was disjointed.
Kudos to Nani and Kagawa. . .rusty but they did well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by donem: 8:37am On Sep 26, 2013
GLORY, GLORY MAN UNITED
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:47am On Sep 26, 2013
BinghiNya: and what has nani done in man u all his years, if he were up to scratch young, zaha, valencia wouldn't have been bought

Are you serious with this post?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 26, 2013
Mr_TA:

No comments.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 8:58am On Sep 26, 2013
The learning points of yesterday's game for me are:

1. At last DM can beat a top team -whether with scrappy goal or whatever goal. grin

2. Rafael is the soul of our RB. Smalling and Jones could only be good deputies of Rafael defensive abilities but they certainly are not the modern day typical marauding RB like our dear Brazilian.

3. To get the best out of Valencia in any game, Rafael must be playing behind him. They have a telepathic understanding and the over lapping runs of Rafael usually creates space and provide options for Valencia; as well as drawing out opposing players from their defensive formation.

4. Kagawa is a waste of talent on the Left side. DM must look for a way of pairing him with Rooney in the middle of the action. What formation that will take, I am clueless. His game only improved yesterday when he switched to the right flank and once in a while bump into the middle.

5. CC14 is the only goal predator in the whole of EPL. He is an endangered specie and rare type of game changing player. He has also developed his holding play ability while allowing others to join in the attack.

6. Welbeck and young are over hyped brainless British boys.

7. It gladdens the heart that our presumably second team pipped the full strength of L'pool.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 26, 2013
superstar1: The learning points of yesterday's game for me are:

1. At last DM can beat a top team -whether with scrappy goal or whatever goal. grin

2. Rafael is the soul of our RB. Smalling and Jones could only be good deputies of Rafael defensive abilities but they certainly are not the modern day typical marauding RB like our dear Brazilian.

3. To get the best out of Valencia in any game, Rafael must be playing behind him. They have a telepathic understanding and the over lapping runs of Rafael usually creates space and provide options for Valencia; as well as drawing out opposing players from their defensive formation.

4. Kagawa is a waste of talent on the Left side. DM must look for a way of pairing him with Rooney in the middle of the action. What formation that will take, I am clueless. His game only improved yesterday when he switched to the right flank and once in a while bump into the middle.

5. CC14 is the only goal predator in the whole of EPL. He is an endangered specie and rare type of game changing player. He has also developed his holding play ability while allowing others to join in the attack.

6. Welbeck and young are over hyped brainless British boys.

7. It gladdens the heart that our presumably second team pipped the full strength of L'pool.

Seconded in full.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:07am On Sep 26, 2013
StarBoard:

Seconded in full.
I concur

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 9:52am On Sep 26, 2013
Mr_TA:

dig up past posts and see how good nani is with his inconstistencies. I am not cut out for unprofitable arguments
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:03am On Sep 26, 2013
BinghiNya: Everyone is on welbeck and valencia, imo they offer a lot just that when results don't go ur way we centre on them. Before rvp was bought these guys were playing well. Nani you guys are clamouring for offers no support for united when we are on the backfoot though he has shows some occasional flashes. What we need is to mark hard, we are too soft in winning back the ball. Rooney has shown he is the most important player in united's rank. Why is zaha not getting play time, they should allow him start on saturday so as not to dampen his spirit. Rafael is back, I prefer rafael and valencia together on the right, kagaWa should be shifted to the centre cos he has that eye for deadly passes. In moyes we trust. Where are the moyes and rooney haters.
& after "marking hard & winning the ball" what do we do with it? This is not even the primary role of attacking players that's why we need the balance anyway. If Young, Welbeck & Valencia can't offer anything going forward then they must be dropped to the bench. If we consider our attacking guys 'too soft' to win the ball back, then we should throw in Jones with Carrick & Fellaini in the middle and play 4-3-3 #simple as! @ least when the ball is retrieved, there are guys upfront who knows what to do with the ball in the final third. Valencia should be the second choice Right back as far as I'm concerned. Nani & Kagawa made more goal attempts yesternight than Young & Valencia has managed all season. Is it any wonder we haven't scored from open play since the 4-2 win against Swansea undecided

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:12am On Sep 26, 2013
Did anyone else notice that Rafael & Buttner was also playing as an auxillary DM when ever the ball wasn't in possession on the opposite sides of their wings? Evra will still be first choice LB for sometime but I expect Buttner to come good with more minutes under his belt
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:56am On Sep 26, 2013
SailorXY:
& after "marking hard & winning the ball" what do we do with it? This is not even the primary role of attacking players that's why we need the balance anyway. If Young, Welbeck & Valencia can't offer anything going forward then they must be dropped to the bench. If we consider our attacking guys 'too soft' to win the ball back, then we should throw in Jones with Carrick & Fellaini in the middle and play 4-3-3 #simple as! @ least when the ball is retrieved, there are guys upfront who knows what to do with the ball in the final third. Valencia should be the second choice Right back as far as I'm concerned. Nani & Kagawa made more goal attempts yesternight than Young & Valencia has managed all season. Is it any wonder we haven't scored from open play since the 4-2 win against Swansea undecided

i'm sure we scored 4 goals from open play against leverkusen. rafael is the most important player in that defence. i'm very glad he's back. rafael makes valencia look 6 times better than his ability can muster.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:16am On Sep 26, 2013
coogar:

i'm sure we scored 4 goals from open play against leverkusen. rafael is the most important player in that defence. i'm very glad he's back. rafael makes valencia look 6 times better than his ability can muster.

The movt. Rafa made yesterday b4 being pulled down by Henderson hasnt been made by Young througout this season. N he is called an attacker.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:18am On Sep 26, 2013
SailorXY:

They lose d ball at same rate they win it, so wetin come be d issue?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:26am On Sep 26, 2013
coogar:

Hehehehe I have no doubt
I meant in English competitions of course
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 12:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
once we start playing kagawa in his best position, only good things will happen but creative players can' t get into form starting once every forthnight and playing 8-9 mins as subs every other game.

if possible at least one if not both of kagawa and nani should start this weekend to allow them pick up form.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:24pm On Sep 26, 2013
Ok.

Now UTD no get manager oh...!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
Moyes saw some calm brought to a turbulent few days when Javier Hernandez's solitary strike at the start of the second half proved enough to defeat Liverpool 1-0 in Wednesday night's Capital One Cup third-round tie at Old Trafford.

The victory earned United a home last-16 encounter with Premier League strugglers Norwich after a kind draw - one of the few things to have gone well for Moyes since he succeeded Sir Alex Ferguson in the summer.

Moyes' sceptics had a field day following Sunday's 4-1 hammering at Manchester City, which led to claims the Scot is incapable of securing wins in the biggest matches.

For the moment, they have been silenced, as Liverpool striker Luis Suarez's return from a 10-match suspension ended in disappointment.

And, after being told he had now made the best start of any new United manager since Matt Busby in 1946, Moyes claimed he will eventually do it for good.

"Everybody seems to be picking a stat out - I have not won here or I have not done that," he said. "That is one of the good stats.

"I have not had that many good ones. But that is one of the better ones.

"It is is not frustrating. I will sort it. I will fix it. I will turn it round. I have no doubt about that."

Moyes has every reason to look at the world with a good deal more optimism than he did at the weekend.

After making eight changes - and naming Wayne Rooney captain - the United boss saw his team perform with more attacking conviction than they have done in most of their more important matches this season.

"It certainly was," said Moyes, when asked whether his reaction at the final whistle was one of relief. "It was a big game for us. We had lost at Anfield a few weeks ago and at the Etihad on Sunday and we wanted to put that right.

"Every game everybody is either a first for something or it is a monkey off my back. It is going to be the way, isn't it? Liverpool have started the season well, so to get a result was good.

"It certainly wasn't a risk playing the team I did. The players are all internationals and first-team players. There are no first team and reserves in this squad. Some of the performances were excellent tonight and they had to be."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-moyes-vows-silence-doubters-052016201--sow.html

Don't worry Baba, take your time...no hurries. Who no fit wait make e go hug transformer for Cele!

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 1:08pm On Sep 26, 2013
Good to see we can roll out our 5th choice lineup + the under 12s and still beat the scousers. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fabville: 1:15pm On Sep 26, 2013
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
chrisley024:

The movt. Rafa made yesterday b4 being pulled down by Henderson hasnt been made by Young througout this season. N he is called an attacker.
Yes oh!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
Fabville: I know @Coogar will love this piece. This lad should getting more playing time to reach his full potential.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2432993/Javier-Hernandez-better-Robin-van-Persie-Wayne-Rooney-Danny-Welbeck.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

yet, some people would tell you rooney is the most important player at old trafford. in ability alone, RVP & chicharito should be the first choice.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
coogar:

yet, some people would tell you rooney is the most important player at old trafford. in ability alone, RVP & chicharito should be the first choice.

His work rate!

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (14226) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.