Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,939 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:54 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8902026 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (14226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2013
dademola:
Ofcourse, d passer of d ball cldnt hav knwn d player is offside, and still attempt to pass d ball. Again, if a player drifts offside, he might not neccesarilly interfere with play, bt as at dt moment, he has rendered himself useless to his teamates.

this is where intelligent midfielders earn their stripes & semi-intelligent midfielders like giggs & rooney are found wanting. an intelligent midfielder should have the gift of vision and sense of timing.

look at barcelona.....when xavi & iniesta see that messi & pedro are likely to have drifted offside, they alter the direction of the attack to buy some time for their strikers to get back ONside.

with united midfielders, they will force the issue regardless and handover the possession to the opponents. midfield maestros only make the pass when they are sure the centre forward isn't offside. if he's offside, they hold the ball & buy some time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
coogar:

this is where intelligent midfielders earn their stripes & semi-intelligent midfielders like giggs & rooney are found wanting. an intelligent midfielder should have the gift of vision and sense of timing.

look at barcelona.....when xavi & iniesta see that messi & pedro are likely to have drifted offside, they alter the direction of the attack to buy some time for their strikers to get back ONside.

with united midfielders, they will force the issue regardless and handover the possession to the opponents. midfield maestros only make the pass when they are sure the centre forward isn't offside. if he's offside, they hold the ball & buy some time.
u want elampiro to get angry abi? grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
dademola: u want to elampiro to get angry abi? grin grin

elampiro? abeg, let's talk about something else. what's the team selection going to be like against west brom?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
coogar:

elampiro? abeg, let's talk about something else. what's the team selection going to be like against west brom?
i expect a stern test in ukraine. Bearing dat in mind, i think d likes of evra and vidic and rooney(who has played 4 games in d last 11days), shud be given some time off. As we observed on wednesday, der r sme playrs in dire need of game time. Players like nani, rafael, kagawa, shud be on for d whole 90mins.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:55am On Sep 28, 2013
start chicharito, keep RVP on the bench only to come on if absolutely necessary.
start rooney and then rest him in the champs league midweek.

............................ de gea

rafael....... smalling................vidic.......evra

..........carrick............cleverley..........

valencia........... .rooney.......................nani

............................ Chicharito

we can play rio and evans in europe midweek.its time to break up the old man combo at the back.those 2(rio and vida) at the back are too one paced to play together esp in big games.
for now i believe our 1st choice CB partnership for the near future should be vidic and evans with smalling and jones knocking on the door......rio should leave at the end of this season before he becomes a laurent blanc.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Stefan01(m): 3:32am On Sep 28, 2013
I think Rooney should be given a complete rest as we will need him for the champions league game at midweek. Cleverley is not fully fit. He should sit this one out. Buttner had a gud game against liverpool so i think starting him again wont be a bad idea. RVP will play but as a sub.
Here z my line up
....................................Degea......................................Fabio.............Evans.............Vidic............Buttner .......................Jones............Anderson ................... ........Zaha..............Kagawa............Nani ............... ..............................Chicharito......................
subs: RVP, Rafael, Fellaine, Januzaj, Carrick, Smalling.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:17am On Sep 28, 2013
ur defence is not bad but i would play rafael ahead of fabio.
your midfield of jones and anderson is not good enough.
and i would play rooney here and rest him midweek cos make no mistake about it this home EPL 3 points is more important than d away champs league match.we dare not drop more points behind our EPL rivals at this stage.
cleverley played 30 great minutes against City,he can give us 60 minutes to start this match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 6:58am On Sep 28, 2013
SailorXY:
& after "marking hard & winning the ball" what do we do with it? This is not even the primary role of attacking players that's why we need the balance anyway. If Young, Welbeck & Valencia can't offer anything going forward then they must be dropped to the bench. If we consider our attacking guys 'too soft' to win the ball back, then we should throw in Jones with Carrick & Fellaini in the middle and play 4-3-3 #simple as! @ least when the ball is retrieved, there are guys upfront who knows what to do with the ball in the final third. Valencia should be the second choice Right back as far as I'm concerned. Nani & Kagawa made more goal attempts yesternight than Young & Valencia has managed all season. Is it any wonder we haven't scored from open play since the 4-2 win against Swansea undecided
so the 4 goals against leverkusen were set pieces.? Was the liverpool game a league game ? Valencia is now suddenly terrible in your eyes, rafael valencia combo on that flank is the best. Nani is a low grade ronaldo, he will die trying to be ronaldo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 7:16am On Sep 28, 2013
coogar:

starboard, our defence has been shyte in the absence of vidic. we don't have the aggressive centre-half that really wants to head the ball with commitment.
smalling, evans and rio are all the same. they can only mop up - not in the mould of vida, stam, dunne, etc.

welbeck will go to euros. he has scored in too many high profile games to merit his invitation.
and again, who has he got as rivals? caroll? sturridge? heskey? bent? none of them is good enough.
rooney is the only england striker better than welbeck. others are in the same level or lower.

that said, i think the defending in the[b] big games[/b] this season have been shambolic.
tales from the past
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 7:34am On Sep 28, 2013
Emperoh: Coogar

Pls when will SAF retire
I am tired of all these nonsense. . .why start Jones when Rio is there
This man should stop taking stupid chances
one loss and rio is now rubbish. Who typed the quote above
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 28, 2013
BinghiNya: so the 4 goals against leverkusen were set pieces.? Was the liverpool game a league game ? Valencia is now suddenly terrible in your eyes, rafael valencia combo on that flank is the best. Nani is a low grade ronaldo, he will die trying to be ronaldo.
See this one calling the goal vs Liverpool one from open play.
The kinds of people who comment here sef.
Fella was talking about Premier League games.
Unfortunately peeps like you don't realize the context in which an argument is being made before you type your incoherent bullsh.it
Hate it or not Nani is our best winger. The Valencia you are regaling us about his exploits has been grade A rubbish for the greater part of 1 calendar year. Even I, Valencias biggest defender, have to admit as much. Rafael or not he doesn't deserve to be in a United jersey on the basis of his performances.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 7:40am On Sep 28, 2013
StarBoard: As per Young,
My position still stands.Why does he keep murdering London clubs?
Great goals,but in my book, he's excess requirements, though he could come in handy.
We have plenty width.We need central midfielders.
No need to bash Jones.Hes been excellent all year.the fella's been battling injury all season.A bad day is not out of place for a consistent youngster.
Badstuber got mauled over the weekend.dayokanu is coming here to make himself feel good by comparing him to Jones.I laugh in Bayern.
the Young you people have been castiating ? Who typed the rubbish I quoted
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 28, 2013
Your point exactly?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Stefan01(m): 7:52am On Sep 28, 2013
afrodoc: ur defence is not bad but i would play rafael ahead of fabio.
your midfield of jones and anderson is not good enough.
and i would play rooney here and rest him midweek cos make no mistake about it this home EPL 3 points is more important than d away champs league match.we dare not drop more points behind our EPL rivals at this stage.
cleverley played 30 great minutes against City,he can give us 60 minutes to start this match
Rafael ahead of Fabio is kul... He needs more games anyway. Cleverley was great against City but he go injured in in training and he z not fully fit yet so i wont risk him. I would av loved to add Rooney to the squad but he z played 4 times in the last 12 days. So he got to rest. I put Ando in the team to give him game time... Believe me, av been looking at that midfield and am nt satisfied with it. I think Carrick or Fellaine will make it look more compact.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 8:31am On Sep 28, 2013
StarBoard:
See this one calling the goal vs Liverpool one from open play.
The kinds of people who comment here sef.
Fella was talking about Premier League games.
Unfortunately peeps like you don't realize the context in which an argument is being made before you type your incoherent bullsh.it
Hate it or not Nani is our best winger. The Valencia you are regaling us about his exploits has been grade A rubbish for the greater part of 1 calendar year. Even I, Valencias biggest defender, have to admit as much. Rafael or not he doesn't deserve to be in a United jersey on the basis of his performances.
your opinion counts for nothing, you only support what u feel right. You are no authority in this footie business, nani our best winger you must be high on dry carica papaya snuff, nani couldn't even start a champions league final all his years here and you claim he is your best winger, best winger ko best flyer ni
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:56am On Sep 28, 2013
Stefan01:
Rafael ahead of Fabio is kul... He needs more games anyway. Cleverley was great against City but he go injured in in training and he z not fully fit yet so i wont risk him. I would av loved to add Rooney to the squad but he z played 4 times in the last 12 days. So he got to rest. I put Ando in the team to give him game time... Believe me, av been looking at that midfield and am nt satisfied with it. I think Carrick or Fellaine will make it look more compact.

ohh didnt know cleverley was injured in training again.if thats true i would give carrick and anderson partnership a try for this match,fellaini on the bench.
anderson has quality but he isnt consistent and he is FAT! he is so fat his jersey could double as his duvet.
P.S and he is too one-legged too (he is d mirror image of valencia)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by redbottles(m): 9:09am On Sep 28, 2013
........................De Gea....................... Rafael.........Evans......Vidic.........Buttner......................Carrick..........................Nani.................Kagawa.................Zaha...............Rooney........RVP...................
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 9:28am On Sep 28, 2013
BinghiNya: your opinion counts for nothing, you only support what u feel right. You are no authority in this footie business, nani our best winger you must be high on dry carica papaya snuff, nani couldn't even start a champions league final all his years here and you claim he is your best winger, best winger ko best flyer ni
Oga, Nani is our best winger joor, Valencia is the next because he's got power, aside that, forget the 'one-way' man, he was good two seasons ago. Young was good in just the Arsenal game (the 8-2 game), forget the shitty, he is nothing to write home about (I even hate talking/typing about him).

The only problem Nani has got is inconsistency, and that is because he is not given chances as such, meanwhile it happens to most wingers, except maybe only CR7. Ask Rooney, and Berbatov, they'll tell you what you hate to hear. Nani gave Rooney his best goal ever, his best ever! So reduce that shit you are spewing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:39am On Sep 28, 2013
BinghiNya: tales from the past

and your point is? did welbeck go to euros or not? did he start games at the euros or not? you went back to the past to lift my quotes & yet you still failed. you need deliverance....

dademola: i expect a stern test in ukraine. Bearing dat in mind, i think d likes of evra and vidic and rooney(who has played 4 games in d last 11days), shud be given some time off. As we observed on wednesday, der r sme playrs in dire need of game time. Players like nani, rafael, kagawa, shud be on for d whole 90mins.

BinghiNya: your opinion counts for nothing, you only support what u feel right. You are no authority in this footie business, nani our best winger you must be high on dry carica papaya snuff, nani couldn't even start a champions league final all his years here and you claim he is your best winger, best winger ko best flyer ni

football experts even know nani is our best winger so it's your opinion that needs help from the united nations.

Moyes must keep faith with Nani
Even though the Stretford End bellowed his name during Manchester United's victory over Liverpool on Wednesday night, David Moyes has not done a lot right since replacing Sir Alex Ferguson. In an age where patience is almost non-existent, Moyes has had to learn on the job at United, where standards are incomparable even to the impressive ones that the Scot set at Everton, and the chastening defeat by Manchester City last Sunday shone a light on the flaws that were not corrected in the champions' squad during the summer.

Then again, United are the champions. Moyes has hardly inherited a collection of chancers, rather a side that had the title wrapped up by April last season, and as much as Ferguson, Robin van Persie and even Roberto Mancini masked United's various weaknesses, the support cast remains strong. The goalkeeper, David de Gea, possesses enviable reflexes and potential, the defence has enough if rotated properly and United have the best striker in the league.

They are, of course, less sure in central midfield but an area of equal concern so far has been in the wide positions, where Moyes's prosaic selection of Ashley Young and Antonio Valencia against City suggested he is not a manager who trusts what he cannot control. At his best, Valencia was strong, quick and could cross accurately; there was a game against Chelsea in May 2011 in which he beat Ashley Cole any way he desired – with strength and with skill, inside and outside. But now he has lost confidence, form and the No7 shirt, he resembles a one-trick pony without the trick, while any defence worth its salt knows what to expect from Young: in-swinging crosses from the left, an enduring, embarrassing, indefensible struggle with gravity and a cowardly streak not befitting a United player (when England lost to Italy at Euro 2012, a colleague correctly predicted before kick-off that Young would miss a penalty if the match went to a shoot-out).

However defences are on shakier ground against Nani, who is surely the best winger at United. In his brief appearances this season, he has shown more initiative and gumption than Valencia and Young combined and even though he can be frustrating, selfish and unreliable, he can decide a match with a flash of class – in the 2009-10 and 2010-11 seasons, he often inspired United. Like Shinji Kagawa, Nani needs a run in the team. Both have a streak of individual brilliance that can relieve the pressure on Moyes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:02am On Sep 28, 2013
So if Nani isnt our best winger who is?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:19am On Sep 28, 2013
ON THIS DAY: In 2004, Wayne Rooney made his first ManUtd appearance at age 18- and scored a hat-trick against Fenerbahce.

And the goals keep coming till date.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:42am On Sep 28, 2013
We are suppose to have the best wingers in the world, but all of them have their problems.

1. Nani- has never played well whenever another rival winger was fit. Sometimes isolate himself in the flank while delaying the ball there or trying some tricks instead of playing with his team mates or crossing fast. Cannot defend.

2. Valencia- finds it hard when a defence sits deep. The left leg is 'useless'. No goal sense.

3. Young. Mr reverse. Wayward and too long crosses. Can't get behind the defence line.

All of them are off form, but it looks like Nani wil recover his form best.

Overall, at their peak it looks like Valencia has given us the best football from the flank. Even SAF said Valencia was his preferred. But Nani looks to have potentials he is yet to actualise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 11:42am On Sep 28, 2013
If you think overall valencia has been the best then im going to assume you didnt see the 09/10 season and 10/11 seasons.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 1:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
I can imagine how much spurs will make when they start selling their version of galacticos. grin

I am envious of them for real. They have an array of talents that are quite intimidating.

Waiting to see Spurs vs City.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 1:30pm On Sep 28, 2013
This Eriksen good oo!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2013
superstar1: I can imagine how much spurs will make when they start selling their version of galacticos. grin

I am envious of them for real. They have an array of talents that are quite intimidating.

Waiting to see Spurs vs City.

Na early season gra gra...
Wait till after 18 games & review their results
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2013
DDG,jones,rio,Evans,butter,Nani,carrick,anderson,Kagawa,Rooney and Hernandez.

Interesting lineup
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2013
moyes is a complete idiöt....

jones in the right back again? does he not know rafael should have started there and jones/evans should be centre-backs?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 28, 2013
coogar: moyes is a complete idiöt....

jones in the right back again? does he not know rafael should have started there and jones/evans should be centre-backs?
maybe rafael is being rested for tuesday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:34pm On Sep 28, 2013
Mr_TA: If you think overall valencia has been the best then im going to assume you didnt see the 09/10 season and 10/11 seasons.

Sometimes this thing is hard to conclude. Nani at a point made us forget we lost Ronaldo to transfer, at some other time Valencia played like he would write a history book with his kind of game on the right flank.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2013
dademola: maybe rafael is being rested for tuesday

even then, smalling is better on that side than jones. fabio is even much much better than jones/smalling as fullbacks....

i hope moyes knows he has to win the next 5 league games instead of messing about with the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2013
naaa nani was good i give you that, but made us forget ronaldo? not that good.
and IMO Valencia was always going to be limited by his lack of a left leg, unless you are maradona or messi you must be able to use ur weaker foot when push comes to shove

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (14226) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.