Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,038 members, 7,915,997 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:40 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9021381 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (14283) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:43pm On Sep 26, 2013
chrisley024:
His work rate!

which work rate? what's the workrate of inzaghi? ruud? owen? klose? berbatov? zlatan?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Screwface(m): 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2013
cheesycheesycheesycheesy

Welbeck scores in every 800 minutes. CC14 scores in every 106! Oh my world!gringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
The reality is that football is not played with numbers. If it was we'd have mathematics professors as managers and not football people.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
Screwface: cheesycheesycheesycheesy

Welbeck scores in every 800 minutes. CC14 scores in every 106! Oh my world!gringrin
LMAO...
...Yet the "Mancunian through & through" undecided keep getting picked ahead of a potential van Nistelrooy cheesy
I think its because CC14 remains calm over the whole thing, I believe when he starts registering his discontent & bids start coming in for him, the manager will recognize his worth & do what everyone know is the right thing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
Mr_TA: The reality is that football is not played with numbers. If it was we'd have mathematics professors as managers and not football people.

even fergie confirmed he used prozone stats to assess his players before selection. if facts show hernandez is more likely to get a goal than rooney, welbeck & RVP then common sense dictates hernandez should start in every game.

goals win games not sentiments...if hernandez is english, he would be rated higher than bale.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 10:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
coogar:

even fergie confirmed he used prozone stats to assess his players before selection. if facts show hernandez is more likely to get a goal than rooney, welbeck & RVP then common sense dictates hernandez should start in every game.

goals win games not sentiments...if hernandez is english, he would be rated higher than bale.

Hernandez is an impact player in the class of olé gunnar solskjaer. As for me, he is more of a super sub than a full 90mts player. He is more of a joker, deadlock breaker and poachers.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
superstar1:

Hernandez is an impact player in the class of olé gunnar solskjaer. As for me, he is more of a super sub than a full 90mts player. He is more of a joker, deadlock breaker and poachers.
That's where we keep deceiving ourselves! If he got his break into a starting spot on his debut season whilst still a raw talent, what has changed now with the glaring improvements in his overall display? Before you reference Solskjaer, look @ the guys who played ahead of him then! A partnership that ranks amongst the best in club football history. Solskjaer & Sheringham accepted their place without choice cuz they knew the guys ahead were just out of this world. Now what exactly does Welbeck do right as a striker to be a starter & perch him above Chicharito in striker's preference That's the question
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 27, 2013
SailorXY:
That's where we keep deceiving ourselves! If he got his break into a starting spot on his debut season whilst still a raw talent, what has changed now with the glaring improvements in his overall display? Before you reference Solskjaer, look @ the guys who played ahead of him then! A partnership that ranks amongst the best in club football history. Solskjaer & Sheringham accepted their place without choice cuz they knew the guys ahead were just out of this world. Now what exactly does Welbeck do right as a striker to be a starter & perch him above Chicharito in striker's preference That's the question
bros abeg comot welbeck frm d equation jare! CC14 vs RVP vs rooney shud be crux!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 9:26am On Sep 27, 2013
SailorXY:

I quite agree with you but the problem is, we have seen alot of matches where CC14 was a starter and he was next to useless. Maybe if he is opportuned to have a good run of games with a starting role, he might improve on his starting role performance
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 11:13am On Sep 27, 2013
superstar1:

I quite agree with you but the problem is, we have seen alot of matches where CC14 was a starter and he was next to useless. Maybe if he is opportuned to have a good run of games with a starting role, he might improve on his starting role performance

I agree completely
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:43am On Sep 27, 2013
superstar1:

chicharito can only be useless if the delivery to him is terrible. he's a player that feeds off quality & precise through-passes. the timing has to be right otherwise he would drift offside. unfortunately, we don't really have players in the midfield who are experts in this art. play xavi, cesc, ozil, iniesta or even pirlo behind hernandez and you are guaranteed 30 league goals per season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
coogar:

chicharito can only be useless if the delivery to him is terrible. he's a player that feeds off quality & precise through-passes. the timing has to be right otherwise he would drift offside. unfortunately, we don't really have players in the midfield who are experts in this art. play xavi, cesc, ozil, iniesta or even pirlo behind hernandez and you are guaranteed 30 league goals per season.
however, it wnt be outta place to question CC14's ability to time his runs to perfection, so as to make d through-passes accurate. D overall quality of a through pass is a function of d quality of d pass, and also d ability of d reciever to time his run to perfection. In d wembly final, barca defenders paid lil attention to chicha. Rather, they pushed highup and chicha strayed offside countless times.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2013
dademola: however, it wnt be outta place to question CC14's ability to time his runs to perfection, so as to make d through-passes accurate. D overall quality of a through pass is a function of d quality of d pass, and also d ability of d reciever to time his run to perfection. In d wembly final, barca defenders paid lil attention to chicha. Rather, they pushed highup and chicha strayed offside countless times.

that was because giggs, carrick, rooney, js park did not play a single accurate pass on the night. chicharito is a master of his arts but how many of our players can pass well under pressure? none!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Screwface(m): 3:32pm On Sep 27, 2013
RVP...fit to start or play a part tomorrow. Just read David Moyes' press release.
Goodnews I guess, bad news for CC14...yet again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2013
coogar:

that was because giggs, carrick, rooney, js park did not play a single accurate pass on the night. chicharito is a master of his arts but how many of our players can pass well under pressure? none!!!
well, dts d way u see it. IMO, giggs, carrick, rooney et al cldnt hav gotten it wrong all night. CC14 is prolly one of d most flagged plyrs(offside tins) in d EPL. U decide to fault d passers of d ball, while i'd rada hav chicha time his runs to perfection.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
dademola: well, dts d way u see it. IMO, giggs, carrick, rooney et al cldnt hav gotten it wrong all night. CC14 is prolly one of d most flagged plyrs(offside tins) in d EPL. U decide to fault d passers of d ball, while i'd rada hav chicha time his runs to perfection.
@ least someone is making a run towards goal, right? What of Welbeck? For all his energy, pace & power he'll still miss a sitter so what's the point hoping he'll come good? Why can't Hernandez also get his run of games as well & let's see if he improves his timing further? This is the problem I have with Young, Valencia. & Cleverley, Giggs, *Rio these days*,........ they keep getting regular time & keep failing yet the persistence remain. The other guys like Anderson, Chicharito, Nani, Kagawa, Fellaini, Zaha, Fabio, Smalling, Evans, Buttner... get a short space & everyone immediately draw their swords for the kill! Why can't they have their own run as well & let's compare improvement on balanced scales?
CC14 accepts that he's behind van Persie for the top striking position but where van Persie is unable, yet Welbeck starts as top man is totally unforgivable! As a matter of fact, there is hardly a good striker who can stomach Welbeck getting ahead of him in the order of selection! Little wonder Rooney nearly ran out nakkeed when Welbeck was selected ahead of him against Madrid grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Screwface(m): 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2013
#Random. Just saw this now:

Totteham has the best defensive record in Europe's Top 5 leagues this season, having conceeded just one goal so far!
Impresssssive!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 5:46pm On Sep 27, 2013
Screwface: #Random. Just saw this now:

Totteham has the best defensive record in Europe's Top 5 leagues this season, having conceeded just one goal so far!
Impresssssive!

They come score how many? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
SailorXY:
@ least someone is making a run towards goal, right? What of Welbeck? For all his energy, pace & power he'll still miss a sitter so what's the point hoping he'll come good? Why can't Hernandez also get his run of games as well & let's see if he improves his timing further? This is the problem I have with Young, Valencia. & Cleverley, Giggs, *Rio these days*,........ they keep getting regular time & keep failing yet the persistence remain. The other guys like Anderson, Chicharito, Nani, Kagawa, Fellaini, Zaha, Fabio, Smalling, Evans, Buttner... get a short space & everyone immediately draw their swords for the kill! Why can't they have their own run as well & let's compare improvement on balanced scales?
CC14 accepts that he's behind van Persie for the top striking position but where van Persie is unable, yet Welbeck starts as top man is totally unforgivable! As a matter of fact, there is hardly a good striker who can stomach Welbeck getting ahead of him in the order of selection! Little wonder Rooney nearly ran out nakkeed when Welbeck was selected ahead of him against Madrid grin grin grin
it saddens me wenever i see dt useless welbeck starting ahead of CC14. Welbeck, who was just coming back frm injury(coupled wif his wel documented uselessness) even started ahead of CC14 at d etihad. With RVp who wnt be 100% 2mao, and a rooney who has played 4 games in 11days, CC14 might still be benched again 2mao. It appears d coaches r taking advantage of this young man's subtle nature. May it not backfire sha...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2013
dademola: well, dts d way u see it. IMO, giggs, carrick, rooney et al cldnt hav gotten it wrong all night. CC14 is prolly one of d most flagged plyrs(offside tins) in d EPL. U decide to fault d passers of d ball, while i'd rada hav chicha time his runs to perfection.

chicha's runs are always perfect - but we have slow thinking players. each time you see hernandez offside, you would see how the player passing the ball delayed the pass by a second or two. chicharito always makes that bending run across the defender - that's all he needs to do.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
coogar:

chicha's runs are always perfect - but we have slow thinking players. each time you see hernandez offside, you would see how the player passing the ball delayed the pass by a second or two. chicharito always makes that bending run across the defender - that's all he needs to do.
we hav a player who is prolly d most flagged for offside in d Epl, and u say such a player times his runs to perfection? grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:58pm On Sep 27, 2013
dademola: we hav a player who is prolly d most flagged for offside in d Epl, and u say such a player times his runs to perfection? grin grin

he's not to blame if he gets flagged offside - the passer gets the blame. the passer must release the ball just before chicharito runs past the last defender. if the passer delays the pass by a second, chicharito would be offside - don't forget the defenders are smart too and they push forward once they see the pass coming.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
Good to hear RvP is back. We should start with Chicha though!

As for Welbeck, my sentiments are well publicized - with all this talk about "workrate", maybe he'd be better of a "4" or CB; it ain't too late to start grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:15pm On Sep 27, 2013
RuuDie: Good to hear RvP is back. We should start with Chicha though!

As for Welbeck, my sentiments are well publicized - with all this talk about "workrate", maybe he'd be better of a "4" or CB; it ain't too late to start grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy great suggestion
I won't hesitate to send Moyes a fax grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
coogar:

he's not to blame if he gets flagged offside - the passer gets the blame. the passer must release the ball just before chicharito runs past the last defender. if the passer delays the pass by a second, chicharito would be offside - don't forget the defenders are smart too and they push forward once they see the pass coming.
u cant say d passer is at fault evrytime. Yeah, der has to be sychronization btwn d passer and d reciever for a perfect through-ball to be executed. However, if d potential reciever doesnt wait for d right moment b4 making his run, he wld stray offside. If a playr is knwn to be perpetually caught offside, d passers of d ball might hav der own share of d blame o, bt ts obvious majority of d blame shud lie at d doorstep of d player in question. I remeber andy cole once talked about dis chicha issue, and hw he needs to perfect d timing of his runs..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:23pm On Sep 27, 2013
dademola: u cant say d passer is at fault evrytime. Yeah, der has to be sychronization btwn d passer and d reciever for a perfect through-ball to be executed. However, if d potential reciever doesnt wait for d right moment b4 making his run, he wld stray offside. If a playr is knwn to be perpetually caught offside, d passers of d ball might hav der own share of d blame o, bt ts obvious majority of d blame shud lie at d doorstep of d player in question. I remeber andy cole once talked about dis chicha issue, and hw he needs to perfect d timing of his runs..

why should the majority of the blame lie with the striker being caught offside? where exactly did he start the run before he was caught offside? that's the key issue.

hernandez starts 100% of his runs from an ONside position. if he's then caught OFFside, it simply means the passer took too long to release the ball. hernandez only gets the blame if his runs starts from an OFFside position before the ball is released.

take your time and watch those runs each time he strays offside. you would find out he has started running way before he drifts offside - the pass should have arrived if the passer is intelligent!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2013
I didn't want to participate in all these sentimental arguments again, but I am forced to say something.

The best accurate passers from the midfield in the EPL were Scholes, Giggs, Rooney and Carrick. The best assist from the wing in the EPL were Nani, Valencia, Giggs and Young. Giggs particularly has a way of perfectly picking a United man in the 18 once he gets behind the defence line.

If Chachirito was going into the offside positions often, it was not the fault of the players delivery the passes, it was due to his inexperience at the time. However, most poachers are usually caught offside a lot of time. Inzaghi is the best example. He keeps going into offside until he beats one offside trap and that is all.

Is it really true Chicha had not gotten his run of games? I can't go checking for stat now, but I thought he had a run of games in his first one and a half years (not too sure) until it appeared he was becoming hard for him against the EPL teams who were getting use to his style at some point. I guess it was in 2011/12 he had some poor successive games.

Finally, I would prefer to observe first before making comment about certain players. The season is till very young. Chicha is proving to have improved greatly on his poor attacking build up. With the second half performance of Chicha, Kagawa and Nani, we might just be okay for the season. But overall, the unsong hero in the Liverpool game was Jones. Rafael was very very good. But Jones off the ball movements was vital for the whole of the backline, he was always looking to fill any vacuum left in the entire backline. He made the job even easier for Smalling, Evans and Rafael.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2013
I meant Nani's performance in the 2nd half, not Welbeck. Corrected though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
coogar:

why should the majority of the blame lie with the striker being caught offside? where exactly did he start the run before he was caught offside? that's the key issue.

hernandez starts 100% of his runs from an ONside position. if he's then caught OFFside, it simply means the passer took too long to release the ball. hernandez only gets the blame if his runs starts from an OFFside position before the ball is released.

take your time and watch those runs each time he strays offside. you would find out he has started running way before he drifts offside - the pass should have arrived if the passer is intelligent!!
i agree to sme extent, bt u shud remember dt,even if a player is making a run frm an ONSIDE position, he shud knw dt; REMAINING LEVEL WITH D LAST DEFENDER UNTIL D PASS IS MADE, is important, so as not to stray offside. Chicharito(who we knw likes to play on d shoulder of d last defender), is alws too much in a hurry to peel off frm his marker, and not because he is too lazy to stay onside . I still reiterate my point; A PLAYER WHO IS CONSTANTLY FLAGGED OFFSIDE SHUD CHECK HIMSELF. Like elampiro rightly pointed out; "inexperience" is d right word to use. He can only get better with more playing time. #enof said#
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:01pm On Sep 27, 2013
dademola: i agree to sme extent, bt u shud remember dt,even if a player is making a run frm an ONSIDE position, he shud knw dt; REMAINING LEVEL WITH D LAST DEFENDER UNTIL D PASS IS MADE, is important, so as not to stray offside. Chicharito(who we knw likes to play on d shoulder of d last defender), is alws too much in a hurry to peel off frm his marker, and not because he is too lazy to stay onside . I still reiterate my point; A PLAYER WHO IS CONSTANTLY FLAGGED OFFSIDE SHUD CHECK HIMSELF. Like elampiro rightly pointed out; "inexperience" is d right word to use. He can only get better with more playing time. #enof said#

you don't see my point...
remaining level with the last defender is a moot point. the defenders are not stationary objects. they often push forward to make sure the striker is offside. the key issue is - if the passer knows hernandez had drifted offside, why pass the ball?? the passer can hold the ball & hernandez would try again.

if hernandez falls behind the defence line without the ball being passed to him, the referee would not stop play as hernandez isn't interfering with play & therefore he cannot be flagged offside. can you now see the fault lies with the passer & not the striker?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 27, 2013
coogar:

you don't see my point...
remaining level with the last defender is a moot point. the defenders are not stationary objects. they often push forward to make sure the striker is offside. the key issue is - if the passer knows hernandez had drifted offside, why pass the ball?? the passer can hold the ball & hernandez would try again.

if hernandez falls behind the defence line without the ball being passed to him, the referee would not stop play as hernandez isn't interfering with play & therefore he cannot be flagged offside. can you now see the fault lies with the passer & not the striker?

a player beats an offside trap if; as at d time d pass is made (and d defence line pushes up), he still manages to remain level with d defence line. We hav seen scenarios where players still manage to successfully beat offside traps in wich d whole line of defence stepped out at d same time, and der was no david luiz playing anyone onside. Why? Because d timing of d pass was to perfection, AND D RECIEVER OF D PASS TIMED HIS RUN SUCH THAT HE WAS LEVEL AT D LAST INSTANT, DESPITE THE DEFENCE LINE STEPPING UP! Ofcourse, d passer of d ball cldnt hav knwn d player is offside, and still attempt to pass d ball. Again, if a player drifts offside, he might not neccesarilly interfere with play, bt as at dt moment, he has rendered himself useless to his teamates.recycling possession, like u sugested, is obviously a reasonable alternative, bt it wld invariably mean a reduction in d nmbr of through-balls to d striker, in d final analysis. Either ways, a perfect thru ball is dependent on both d timing abilities of both d passer and d receiever, bt just as i've being emphasizing since; A PLAYER WHO IS CONSISTENTLY BEING CAUGHT OFFSIDE, HAS TO CHECK HIMSELF! Like i sed earlier, chicha being persistently flagged offside isnt due to laziness bt prolly cos he is alws too much in a hurry to get goalside of his marker. More game time, and he wld get better. At this juncture, i think i hav sed enof. #unto d nxt one#
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:06pm On Sep 27, 2013
elampiro: I didn't want to participate in all these sentimental arguments again, but I am forced to say something.

my medullus oblongatus couldn't not comprehend this, please help cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (14283) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.