Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,915 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:43 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4864) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8901588 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4861) (4862) (4863) (4864) (4865) (4866) (4867) ... (14226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 11, 2017
Let's call a spade, a spade; Lukaku is just an average player. He's not good enough to carry the mantle of our attack. I wouldn't go for Morata either because they are the same thing. He wouldn't have been good for us either. They are both the same version of average strikers the only the difference is that one is white and the other is black. C'est fini!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pamcode(m): 2:22pm On Dec 11, 2017
nyabinghi:
United to park bus in Seville united won't win in Spain but may win at OT, hope you are enjoying una world best mourinho
lol I was expecting you or Ruudie To show up,Ruudie especially since he supports Sevilla
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2017
eph12:

Somebody else would have made those errors or some other errors would have been fatal. Others made errors too. Jesus could have scored a couple of goals and other players so?

Try to watch the extended highlights of the match to at least contribute to the topic meaningfully.

You also try to listen to Alan Shearer on Lukaku's missed clear cut chance that would have levelled scores at final minutes.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pamcode(m): 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2017
GloryIsaac:
Bro is better at fighting than playing footie lipsrsealed
Link pls.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sebod(m): 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2017
Lana1:
Mourinho Masterclass!!

Funny thing is that his last title he won at Chelsea, he didn't have them playing so defensively in every big game.

Anyways me am just happy that most people that fought and almost killed me when i was complaining about Mourinho's defensive mentality last season have now seen the light this season.
Sorry bro, you guys should just give him an improved contract so that he can continue the good work grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2017
Leyqute:

Tottenham got the consequences of overdoing it while Chelsea got rewarded for "underdoing" it.

Don't be so sure Sevilla is a good draw for us, we have a crazy manager.

Crazy manager knows how to play cup matches. That respects he gives to opponent sometimes work well for him in cup games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2017
elampiro:

Try to watch the extended highlights of the match to at least contribute to the topic meaningfully.

You also try to listen to Alan Shearer on Lukaku's missed clear cut chance that would have levelled scores at final minutes.

What exactly should I look out for in the highlights? How Lukaku was spoiling ball for everybody?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2017
IFearGod:
Let's call a spade, a spade; Lukaku is just an average player. He's not good enough to carry the mantle of our attack. I wouldn't go for Morata either because they are the same thing. He wouldn't have been good for us either. They are both the same version of average strikers the only the difference is that one is white and the other is black. C'est fini!

An average player that have been banging double digits in consecutive seasons? ... Abeg Mourinho is the problem here. Give him messi, Kane and Neymar and watch him turn dem to ball clearing attackers or wingback.

Useless man!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2017
Please when is the FA banning Lukaku for breaking Arteta's head?. They should please make it a lengthy ban. Rubbish!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2017
eph12:

What exactly should I look out for in the highlights? How Lukaku was spoiling ball for everybody?

LMAOOOgrin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2017
elampiro:

Even Henry attacked him on the missed chance at final minutes. He said Lukaku has no excuse that he ought to have scored at that position. Lukaku is okay on his own atomic scale but not good enough for a club like United.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:31pm On Dec 11, 2017
IFearGod:
Breaking news!!!

Who else is not average apart from the keeper in that team?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:31pm On Dec 11, 2017
slimghost:
Please when is the FA banning Lukaku for breaking Arteta's head?. They should please make it a lengthy ban. Rubbish!

Lol... Please when are we chasing Mourinho away from old Trafford too?

Did Lukaku really bottle Arteta?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2017
eph12:

Breaking news!!!

Abeg, all our players can't be that average. I really beg to differ angry angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2017
elampiro:

Crazy manager knows how to play cup matches. That respects he gives to opponent sometimes work well for him in cup games.

The champions league isn't just any cup. It's a good thing we're playing away first. So Mou will want to go for a draw at least and beat them at OT.

It's just that he will have a totally different philosophy when he comes against PSG, Juve, Madrid or even Bayern Munich. And that's the level we want to be operating at.

We can't get there by defending for 80 out of the 90 minutes in a match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2017
eph12:

Guy, go and watch that game. I promise you will be ashamed of Lukaku yourself. Guaranteed. Rashford and Martial played in the same negative/defensive formation too...before you start bringing that up as an excuse.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2017
raumdeuter:

This is the truth right here. I wont even blame Lukaku at all. The loss is on the coaching tactics which is what I have been subtly telling guys here.

Are we saying Man utd doesnt have the talent to attack City? There was even a time Fernandinho was sent to central defence and I thought was pep mad, surely he is losing but Man Utd didnt even see any attacking opportunity

Mourinho probably was thinking of not losing first and foremost.

Are we really saying if you give Pep players like Rashford and Martial with Mata he wont deliver a better performance.

I am waiting for season to end and I will dig out all my Pep vs Mourinho post 2 seasons ago when both were hired

When Fernadinho went to defence was the period Lukaku ran into self accident having ran clear into large 'acre' of space with great opportunity to go give a tap in to a team mate. It was same period he gave the second Assist also.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:36pm On Dec 11, 2017
elrony:

LMAOOOgrin grin grin grin grin
Abeg you watch the match? I hear say Lukaku just dey spoil ball for everybody na true? I no fit go watch that highlight wey worse pass horror film

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:36pm On Dec 11, 2017
elrony:

An average player that have been banging double digits in consecutive seasons? ... Abeg Mourinho is the problem here. Give him messi, Kane and Neymar and watch him turn dem to ball clearing attackers or wingback.

Useless man!!!

You can't ask a fish to climb a tree and expect miracles. A striker belongs in the opponent's box, not defending corners and marking the opponent's AMs. Put Lukaku in the box and create enough chances for him then he'll score a buttload of goals. And this doesn't stop you from helping him build other parts of his game too!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 11, 2017
elrony:

Useless man!!!
You're right bro! Mourinho is the problem but then Lukaku doesn't fit the bill for a club like United. Moyes was doing great when he was in Everton but it was when he came to United we realized how big the club is for an average coach like him. We shouldn't be decieved by the number of goals he scored earlier in the season. In fact, there was nothing spectacular about his goals. There's no technicality or intelligence about his play, just to run and jam body. Those tactics worked well for him at Everton but this is United, the best club in the world. We need something better. We need to start by sacking Mourinho, if not United might not get it right again.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:40pm On Dec 11, 2017
slimghost:

We don't want him banned. A bird in hand is worth two in the forest. We have finished playing against top teams, expect him to return to scoring against lower teams.

If he is banned, he might just fall sick because he needs to quickly redeem his imagine. Alan Shearer said if he were the one who missed that Lukaku's clear cut chance at last minutes, he wouldn't sleep till after four nights and be praying for next match to arrive quickly. That was a striker's chance to save his team from defeat.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:41pm On Dec 11, 2017
elampiro:

When Fernadinho went to defence was the period Lukaku ran into self accident having ran clear into large 'acre' of space with great opportunity to go give a tap in to a team mate. It was same period he gave the second Assist also.

I wont really blame Lukaku for the attempted clearance with ricocheted off Matic into the path of Otamendi. The fact still remains he and the attack doesnt get enough chances and feed off scraps.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:42pm On Dec 11, 2017
slimghost:

Guy, go and watch that game. I promise you will be ashamed of Lukaku yourself. Guaranteed. Rashford and Martial played in the same negative/defensive formation too...before you start bringing that up as an excuse.
Who are those I'm not to be ashamed of in that game let's start from there? I already expected Lukaku to have a bad game because we didn't buy a speedster or skilful player. He can't dribble his way out of a tight corner.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:42pm On Dec 11, 2017
Leyqute:

You can't ask a fish to climb a tree and expect miracles. A striker belongs in the opponent's box, not defending corners and marking the opponent's AMs. Put Lukaku in the box and create enough chances for him then he'll score a buttload of goals. And this doesn't stop you from helping him build other parts of his game too!

Elampiro do you have anything against this point of view
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:43pm On Dec 11, 2017
eph12:

Abeg you watch the match? I hear say Lukaku just dey spoil ball for everybody na true? I no fit go watch that highlight wey worse pass horror film

I watched the game in my house , cos I no fit chop bad mouthing for viewing center.

The whole team was playing rubbish courtesy of our coward manager, it's one of those games that will make you provoke and score 6 own goals sef.

Lukaku was shitty no doubt, the whole team just dey spoil ball upandan. Zero retention, zero pressure, zero coordination. Tufiakwa!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2017
Leyqute:

The champions league isn't just any cup. It's a good thing we're playing away first. So Mou will want to go for a draw at least and beat them at OT.

It's just that he will have a totally different philosophy when he comes against PSG, Juve, Madrid or even Bayern Munich. And that's the level we want to be operating at.

We can't get there by defending for 80 out of the 90 minutes in a match.

He might play differently if he has all his players, particularly Bailly, Pogba, Jones and Fellaini.

You remember our return match against Chelsea last season when Rojo was in form. Bailly and Rojo played like they were playing with kids.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2017
Leyqute:

Mourinho's tactics turned all our players to dunderheads, I don't blame the players one single bit!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2017
elampiro:

He might play differently if he has all his players, particularly Bailly, Pogba, Jones and Fellaini.

You remember our return match against Chelsea last season when Rojo was in form. Bailly and Rojo played like they were playing with kids.

I sincerely doubt it.. That man is a coward!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 2:48pm On Dec 11, 2017
IFearGod:
You're right bro! Mourinho is the problem but then Lukaku doesn't fill the bill for a club like United. Moyes was doing great when he was in Everton but it was when he came to United we realized how big the club is. We shouldn't be decieved by the number of goals he scored earlier in the season. In fact, there was nothing spectacular about his goals. There's no technicality or intelligence about his play, just to run and jamb body. Those tactics worked well for him at Everton but this is United, the best club in the world. We need something better. We need to start by sacking Mourinho, if not United might not get it right again.

Bros I beg to differ!!! Lukaku may not be a flair player due to his presumed technical deficiency, but that guy can strike for any club. Strikers need chances to score but he doesn't get enough.

Unless you're telling me we have better players than the Belgium National Team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 11, 2017
eph12:

Breaking news!!!

Lols, the truth is, a club does not need a whole 11 to be extremely good. A club with 2 or 3 world class players and a good coach could still make a difference and be successful but if you have a whole lots of world class and the coach is bad, there is every probability that the club would fail. Pogba, De Gea, Martial, Mikhi, and Rashford, these are good players on their days if they are in the right hand. An attacking and tactically-minded coach would definitely bring the best out of these players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:49pm On Dec 11, 2017
elrony:

Abeg, all our players can't be that average. I really beg to differ angry angry angry
Just as most of our players are average so are City Chelsea players. There are only few world class players around
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 2:50pm On Dec 11, 2017
elrony:

Lol... Please when are we chasing Mourinho away from old Trafford too?
Did Lukaku really bottle Arteta?
Yes nah. The guy released his frustrations in Arteta. lol. They should ban both idiots.......Mourinho and Lukaku!

(1) (2) (3) ... (4861) (4862) (4863) (4864) (4865) (4866) (4867) ... (14226) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Princefame1, UncleHaba22 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.