Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,125 members, 7,880,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:00 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8915826 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (14229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2013
And the weird thing abt fellaini is that some of his better performances have come when he was deployed as an Advanced midfielder in a 3man midfield.

That has happened lyk a couple of times now and it happened in d 2nd half of some games.

He still has A LOT of 'adapting' to do b4 he can begin to boss games from central midfield.

Take carrick for example, he always makes himself available for balls and starts attacks wit forward balls. Even when he is nt with d ball, he is giving directions on where d ball should be played.

Fellaini and cleverley will mk decent partners for him, cleverley esp!

One can only hope fellaini adapts quickly
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:04pm On Nov 25, 2013
dayokanu:

People who watch football and dont depend on pool results know Failainni was playing as a second striker most of the time in Everton and the truth is Failaini is a liability when it comes to defensive midfield

Buying that indisciplined liability in United and expecting him to start playing like a real midfielder is like asking Yekini to play like Oliseh. Do you think its a coincidence that top clubs were always overlooking Failaini while in Everton? Thats the similar reason why Juventus had to drop Oliseh for Tacchinardi because Sunday was always interested in glory hunting shots upfront and exposing the defence to counters when he is away.

Thats why midfielders like Busquets, Martinez, Carrick who stay back and do the little breaking of play are always hailed by eagle eyed analyst but Pool sheet analyst like you would say they are not doing anything since they dont score like Failaini

Kagawa has barely been given playing time this season while Failaini has played a lot

Was this not the same defence that won the title last season

Did any team in the whole EPL top 4 change defence from last season? How come the defence wasnt the problem last season but suddenly became a problem this season under that mid table manager and the caricature of Sideshow bob?

Why was Failaini never a choice under Ferguson, and even this season it was until every Saliu, Chike and Supo turned you down before you went to buy overpriced Failaini to save face
Try play any top team and put Failaini in midfield.

Someone who relied on pool football magazines, BBC sports and arab TVs + Canal france in his early days will be a zillion mile more knowledgeable than you who relied on monthly soccer prints which were only filled with pictures of soccer players and how beautiful their kitchen and toilets looked. Everyone read those magazines as one would read ikebe super or city people.

One one more word. Show me where I have ever criticise Martinez and Bousqet? You are blinded by your dislike for me for drawing you on the floor that you get issues screwed upside down.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:09pm On Nov 25, 2013
dayokanu:

You are conceeding many goals because you are giving away too many chances to the opponents to run at your defence.

Watch the West Brom game and see how many chances the Baggies had that day? Thats insane

Prior to this season any team that has 5 shots vs Man Utd would go for thankgiving the norm usually is that teams get 2-3 chances and score from it

nowadays lowly opponents are getting 10 shots at goal

yesterday Cardiff had 15 shots and 5 on target, West Brom had an incredible 12 shots in Old trafford

It took you almost 24 hours after the match before your soccer magazine analysis could help you reach this analysis I have long summarized. Yet you only have the problem but not the solution. A good soccer analyst should know why we are coming under pressure from opponents.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
In other news, a bayern munich player (yet to
be Id'ed) will neva eva play for bayern because he leaked some stuff abt team news and strategies out. According to pep.

Pls pls pls let that player be kroos or thiago!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:11pm On Nov 25, 2013
Rooney insists he was fit last season.

Rooney said: ‘I feel good but my energy levels were the same last season – I’ve got all the statistics, so I know.

‘Every player gets the stats from every training session and every game, and I go through them all every day.

‘It’s important to know how much running you’re doing and it’s important to know when you need a rest.’

Moyes revealed he could rest Rooney  in the coming weeks, saying: ‘Somewhere along the line I’ll probably need to give Wayne a breather.

‘I’ll need to try to look after him as we go along. It might be the next England games against Denmark in March but I know Wayne and he will want to play.

‘I’ve got probably got another 25-30 games so it’s not me saying to England give him a break in March – I think I probably need to look after him somewhere in the next two months.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/24/wayne-rooney-bites-back-at-sir-alex-fergusons-fitness-jibe-4199358/

See you guys at night.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 4:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
coogar: this rooney is an idïot....
he went on twitter to start talking shyte about martin tyler & graeme souness. the FA can actually charge him for that now & suspend him. why is this fatfück out of control?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1433179_image_jpg0d5b1c4c7f720f698946c7f6ab08f687

calling souness sourness? hmmmm.

fine, he could land on trouble. but I totally agree with him. Martin Tyler spent the entire 1st half. and most of the 2nd half constantly yaking about his tackle. in fact his whole performance was so poor even my sister ( a strong ABU) noticed his agenda driven commentary. it was incredibly off putting.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 25, 2013
montelik:

fine, he could land on trouble. but I totally agree with him. Martin Tyler spent the entire 1st half. and most of the 2nd half constantly yaking about his tackle. in fact his whole performance was so poor even my sister ( a strong ABU) noticed his agenda driven commentary. it was incredibly off putting.
It still doesn't justify Rooney's twitter rampage.
He was foolish to lash out and deserves every bit of criticism for that stupid kick.
We all thought he had learnt from the debacle in Montenegro, but no, the fat runt still lashes out like it is his right to win every tackle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
montelik:

how do you defend this?

StarBoard:
It still doesn't justify Rooney's twitter rampage.
He was foolish to lash out and deserves every bit of criticism for that stupid kick.
We all thought he had learnt from the debacle in Montenegro, but no, the fat runt still lashes out like it is his right to win every tackle.

the match was only 7 mins gone. up until then, there was no incident that suggested rooney could be angry or whatever. what went off in his head that prompted such a disgraceful tackle? frustration after just 7 mins or what?

we were lucky it wasn't webb or atkinson, we would have had to play 83 mins with 10 men & in the absence of RVP. on top of it all, rooney missed a big chance that could have gotten us the 3 points.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 25, 2013
coogar:

how do you defend this?

It's a shame really.
I wonder why he is even responding. Fella isn't even ashamed of what he did.
A simple apology and the matter would go t obed, but no he had to go the savage route.

Uncouth Scouser mercenary

As per that chance, He just showed us how much quality he is made of.
Cristiano Ronaldo woulda torn the net with a powerful right footed shot.
Leo Messi would have dinked the keeper with a lob
Franck Ribery woulda finished with a nice side-footed placed shot.

Yet he's the best player because of wild-geese chase runs and silly work-rates that arise because of positional/tactical indiscipline

That last minute chance that went simply tells me Rooney cannot deliver United in the crucial moment.
He cannot transform a point to three at the death.
He has no balls.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:28pm On Nov 25, 2013
montelik: Donetsk 0 United 1
United 1 Saints 0
Cardiff 1 United 2
Giggs came on at all 3 of those situations, is it a
coincidence that all 3 ended as draws?

saw this online. any truth to it or pure coincidence?

Bullocks... he came in against Arsenal - why didn't they equalize!?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2013
chrisley024:
Dat's wat I was telling Ruddie but he was instead hailing his splitting pass He comes in with his bad luck. Anytime he comes in, we struggle.
But he would ask if d goal was a direct cause from him. It is his fault directly or indirectly.

He should stay away from d squad cos he's bad luck!

Its people like you that promoted that farce back in the day when we were kids that the Super Eagles don't win unless they wear their green strip!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:45pm On Nov 25, 2013
coogar:

this is my problem with arguments like this.

does one good pass compensate for pot passing accuracy, inability to close down, lack of energy, lack of drive & increase in the pressure the opponents mount on our defence?

basically - i am a good player as long as i provide one or two assists & regardless of how many times i have given the ball away, put my defence into pressure, lacking the energy to track back, etc.

Who gave the ball away for the goal? What side of the field was the foul that lead to the equalizer committed? Who lost his man at the key moment in the box? Who missed gilt edge chances to put the match to bed?

Lack of drive you say - Giggs, Gary, Phil, Keane, Butt - at fifty have more passion, zip, verve and drive about them than half this bunch playing for us now. Why!? Because they were (are) UTD through and "true"! So don't even go there!!!

My friend... this is where I have a problem with you - the fact that in a mere 20min spell, a forty-year old did what the whole lot could not muster in 70+ mins should be a slap on the faces of them all - even those on the bench sef!
Yes, it was "one pass" kpere - but it was "one" that could have potentially swung the tie in our favor - whether you gree or not! If it was a Xavi, Ozil or Pirlo that made that play, you'd spe.rm all over your boxers for a week. For all I care, you can blame anybody you want but not Giggs... never Giggs!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 5:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
Let's be clear on some issues...
Nothing is going to change anytime soon...we will just keep grinding out results and hoping for the best.
Moyes doesn't have any style/pattern of play. What is his football philosophy?
To me, he just picks 11 players and instructs them to go and play.
In that team yesterday, we had no flair players apart from Adnan.
Some of our players also need to wake up and this is where the manager comes in, he needs to be able to motivate these guys.
Any manager that can't get the best of out of his players has failed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 5:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
^^ DId you collect the bet on Man utd winning the league?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 5:56pm On Nov 25, 2013
dayokanu: ^^ DId you collect the bet on Man utd winning the league?

Shey make we give you the dough?
Oya Ruudie talk
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:09pm On Nov 25, 2013
RuuDie:

Its people like you that promoted that farce back in the day when we were kids that the Super Eagles don't win unless they wear their green strip!
Apples n oranges! We talking abt player u're calling jersey.
We alwaz do struggle whenever he comes in especially in such high intensity game.

He came in against Arsenal n Sagna became a threat.

Gary n Scholes knew wen to call it a day but Giggs will not.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:30pm On Nov 25, 2013
RuuDie:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
Has any one noticed how some rastafarians have mentioned Rooney's last minute miss in every comment or argument they make, whether related or not? It is ironic that same ayagayagayagayos failed to pin any slightest of blame when RVP missed from close rage on a one on one with the goalkeeper and two other previous occasions. Had it been Rooney who missed it and a penalty, this thread would have been awashed for 5 days about how Balotelli or Ronaldo or Lambert or Lampard would have buried the penalty to secure us three points. Instead what we had was praises upon praises how Kagawa, RVP and Young changed the tempo. At the end Sociedad could have won it.

It is a sure banker that the last paragraph of a certain rastafarian ends with an anthem of Rooney's poor decision.

I salute o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:36pm On Nov 25, 2013
chamotex:

Shey make we give you the dough?
Oya Ruudie talk

Dude. I ready anytime... no shaking - 100 dolapo abi na iya charlie or europa - name your currency!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
chrisley024:
Apples n oranges! We talking abt player u're calling jersey.
We alwaz do struggle whenever he comes in especially in such high intensity game.

He came in against Arsenal n Sagna became a threat.

Gary n Scholes knew wen to call it a day but Giggs will not.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... like we've never been whooped silly when Giggs is not playing abi... tow a different line abeg!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 9:46pm On Nov 25, 2013
Seriously guys, what's up with RVP? Is he injured or what?

Maybe that Dutch coach was right about Moyes and his backward training methods. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:06pm On Nov 25, 2013
debosky: Seriously guys, what's up with RVP? Is he injured or what?

Maybe that Dutch coach was right about Moyes and his backward training methods. cheesy

His training method is okay. You have to look at the fitness level of Everton players to appreciate it. Distin is 35, he is fitter and faster than Ferdinand and Vidic. Suarez could not get away from him for once even in the middle of the field.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:57am On Nov 26, 2013
elampiro: Has aniy one noticed how some rastafarians have mentioned Rooney's last minute miss in every comment or argument they make, whether related or not? It is ironic that same ayagayagayagayos failed to pin any slightest of blame when RVP missed from close rage on a one on one with the goalkeeper and two other previous occasions. Had it been Rooney who missed it and a penalty, this thread would have been awashed for 5 days about how Balotelli or Ronaldo or Lambert or Lampard would have buried the penalty to secure us three points. Instead what we had was praises upon praises how Kagawa, RVP and Young changed the tempo. At the end Sociedad could have won it.

It is a sure banker that the last paragraph of a certain rastafarian ends with an anthem of Rooney's poor decision.

I salute o.
Fact: When faced with the chance to bail United from a sticky situation at the death, your hero could not deliver.
Deal with that.
van Persie, Young and Kagawa aren't shafting £250k a week and angling for more despite having a pass accuracy of 62% vs the same Sociedad.
Tell Rooney to step up and stop this headless chicken work rate rubbish and get his ego to vacate the no 10 position for people who are more effective in that role.
AAnd get your crusty lips off his dic/k.
Or are we getting another lecture on Mexico 86?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:06am On Nov 26, 2013
elampiro:

His training method is okay. You have to look at the fitness level of Everton players to appreciate it. Distin is 35, he is fitter and faster than Ferdinand and Vidic. Suarez could not get away from him for once even in the middle of the field.
Another slowpoke.ic point of view to answer an already silly question.
So Distin wasn't fit when he played for City Pompey or Newcastle previously?
Or was David Moyes the only coach/manager he played for prior to the latter's departure?
Yet Suarez scored and missed chances on Saturday yet you would want us to believe he was well contained by super Sylvan.
Were you a tadpole in your previous life?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:59am On Nov 26, 2013
It's quite ironic how a charlatan will be referring to peeps as rastafarians because of their opinions or POV.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 26, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 26, 2013
elampiro:

Someone who relied on pool football magazines, BBC sports and arab TVs + Canal france in his early days will be a zillion mile more knowledgeable than you who relied on monthly soccer prints which were only filled with pictures of soccer players and how beautiful their kitchen and toilets looked. Everyone read those magazines as one would read ikebe super or city people.

One one more word. Show me where I have ever criticise Martinez and Bousqet? You are blinded by your dislike for me for drawing you on the floor that you get issues screwed upside down.
elampiro!! This coming from you??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:40am On Nov 26, 2013
StarBoard:
Fact: When faced with the chance to bail United from a sticky situation at the death, your hero could not deliver.
Deal with that.
van Persie, Young and Kagawa aren't shafting £250k a week and angling for more despite having a pass accuracy of 62% vs the same Sociedad.
Tell Rooney to step up and stop this headless chicken work rate rubbish and get his ego to vacate the no 10 position for people who are more effective in that role.
AAnd get your crusty lips off his dic/k.
Or are we getting another lecture on Mexico 86?

You were making small sense until you mention 62% pass accuracy and worst is your continued ga.yish comments. Na so e dey start. You keep poisoning your mind with ga.y thoughts. Now it is being adopted by others on this thread. Hope it won't affect their brain.

62% pass accuracy or 50% pass accuracy is not an issue as long as you can grab 3 points. Rooney had poor pass accuracy in some matches last season we opened a 21 points gap on top of Oscar, Mata, Harard and Moses who were making 80% pass accuracy and above. Or Silva, Arguero and co at the other end.

I think it was in 2006 world cup Argentina were stringing series of passes together, yet they went out and Italy won the world cup managing to find the definition of passing. We saw a similar scenario when Italy played Japan in the confederation cup. Japan could pass 15 times uninterrupted but Italy thought them football is more than that.

Haven said the above, had RVP always fit to play, Kagawa not always jet lag, Nani, Anderson, Young and Valencia in form, Carrick and Cleverly always fit, Rooney will not be doing so much workaholic stuff in the team which we all know can affects ones concentration. We have been without Rafael who makes things happen, and Jones joined again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 26, 2013
Ayagayagayos

grin grin grin

Elamps baba!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:46am On Nov 26, 2013
StarBoard:
Another slowpoke.ic point of view to answer an already silly question.
So Distin wasn't fit when he played for City Pompey or Newcastle previously?
Or was David Moyes the only coach/manager he played for prior to the latter's departure?
Yet Suarez scored and missed chances on Saturday yet you would want us to believe he was well contained by super Sylvan.
Were you a tadpole in your previous life?

I can bet you didn't watch the match and other Everton matches. Distin did his work 100%. Don't also forget City beat United 4-1.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 26, 2013
Good news.

Rafael, vidic, kagawa n RVP are most likely to be available for our ucl match. Even jones has an outside chance
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:54am On Nov 26, 2013
dademola: elampiro!! This coming from you??

No, I have never criticized Busquet and Martinez.

I praised Martinez to high heaven when Bayern won the UCL trophy.

I said Busquet is better than Carrick in speed and direct tackles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (14229) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.