Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,413 members, 7,978,298 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 04:19 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9238470 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6506) (6507) (6508) (6509) (6510) (6511) (6512) ... (14417) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pazienza(m): 10:02am On Apr 02, 2019
Itsmedozie:

grin
i also pray you guys loose 3 games consecutively
grin
about your away form it might improve but not greatly
you will loose at least 2 of your remaining 5 away matches
I salute you.... you be sensible rival

Haha. Thanks, you are sensible rival fan as well. I wish we discuss football like this on this forum.

That wolves and Leicester game would be the most tricky for us.
I would be pissed if we don't make top four, but if I'm being realistic, I would factor in the fact that I never expected a top 4 finish from Arsenal this season, considering the mess Wenger left behind and the little fund the board made available to Emery for squad rejuvenation. But you know humans and emotions, Emery got us punching above our weight and suddenly every Arsenal fan out there started dreaming again, now we are so close to achieving the impossible, I fear that Emery might become a victim of his own success, if Arsenal ends up not getting back into UCL this season.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:07am On Apr 02, 2019
NEWS FLASH

Manchester United are keen on appointing their first technical director later this year to back up new permanent manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Sky Sports News understands.

The timing of the move remains certain, but United would like to have the new man in place before the start of the 2019/20 season in August.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:10am On Apr 02, 2019
... Club officials will expect the technical director to focus on strengthening options for the first team squad and providing support for the management team.
In addition to this, the successful candidate will also be tasked with shaping a long-term recruitment strategy of integrating the club's academy.

Previous manager Jose Mourinho was against a hierarchy restructuring, but plans have been revisited following the Portuguese's departure in December.

Solskjaer, who was handed a three-year deal last week, confirmed he has been part of the discussions with Ed Woodward and other key advisers and is willing to work alongside a technical director.

It is understood Old Trafford chiefs are also exploring possible links with other clubs in the world to add further development options for their young players.

Meanwhile, United are confident of agreeing deals with Solskjaer's coaching staff Mike Phelan, Michael Carrick and Kieran McKenna to remain at the club.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:11am On Apr 02, 2019
pazienza:

Those teams are beatable by Arsenal. Worst still, they are all mid table teams that are not fighting for relegation and don't really have chance of making it into top six for Europa.
They are basically playing for pride as it stands,the affair wouldn't be a fiesty One. Infact, it's best playing those safe mid table teams at this stage of the season, than the relegation strugglers or the league title/ UCL football fighting teams.

I disagree. Most of those teams won’t roll over for you.

Everton’s Marco Silva has been horrible at the Goodison Park. The only match they’ve won there of late is the last one against Chelsea.

You saw the way Watford player against Man Utd last weekend and Leicester will be just as tough as the players will want to impress new manager Brendan Rodgers. Did you see them best Bournemouth last weekend?

Funny enough, I think the easiest of those lot will be Wolves- cos they’ve got the FA Cup final to worry about if they win this werkend’s semi. If they lose the semi they’ll be too devastated and won’t be able to concentrate.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pazienza(m): 10:25am On Apr 02, 2019
Leyqute:

I disagree. Most of those teams won’t roll over for you.

Everton’s Marco Silva has been horrible at the Goodison Park. The only match they’ve won there of late is the last one against Chelsea.

You saw the way Watford player against Man Utd last weekend and Leicester will be just as tough as the players will want to impress new manager Brendan Rodgers. Did you see them best Bournemouth last weekend?

Funny enough, I think the easiest of those lot will be Wolves- cos they’ve got the FA Cup final to worry about if they win this werkend’s semi. If they lose the semi they’ll be too devastated and won’t be able to concentrate.

No EPL team will roll over for you, players and managers are professionals and have to earn their wages week in week out.
I'm only pointing out that it wouldn't be a fiesty do or die affair for those teams, as it would be for relegation threatened or title/UCL slot fighting teams.

Arsenal had suffered defense injury crisis consistently this season, so much that we often started each match with new set of make shift defenders because of injury, under such condition, we suffered to defend and it showed more in our away matches where better defensive cohesion is always needed to secure three points.
Right now , we have all our defenders injury free,additionally, they are beginning to gel with each other and Emery can start those games with stable defense. We are also in good form.
As a fan, I'm quite optimistic of Arsenal chances of picking up those away wins. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tenmariner: 10:33am On Apr 02, 2019
nitrogen:
This top four race is not a joking matter o, we need to try and get a draw against Man city, and then, win all remaining EPL games, otherwise, it won't be a good story to tell.

Lol.. So it's now we are just noticing that. Immediately we were so flat footed against arsenal and allowed that defeat I knew arsenal won't drop points again. They have one of the cheapest fixtures remaining and trust me, spurs and Chelsea will fight this till d end. We can as well kiss the top 4 bye bye
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:40am On Apr 02, 2019
tenmariner:

Lol.. So it's now we are just noticing that. Immediately we were so flat footed against arsenal and allowed that defeat I knew arsenal won't drop points again. They have one of the cheapest fixtures remaining and trust me, spurs and Chelsea will fight this till d end. We can as well kiss the top 4 bye bye
Arsenal wont drop points again because u get calabash for ur room wey u don use see the ending of May 2019.
Spurs have lost like 4 straight games. Chelsea couldn't beat Wolves & Everton and needed spiritual intervention to win Cardiff but it is that Chelsea and Spurs that will fight to the end for top 4 while United will just sit back and fold their arms.

Bros goan sit down.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2019
pazienza:

No EPL team will roll over for you, players and managers are professionals and have to earn their wages week in week out.
I'm only pointing out that it wouldn't be a fiesty do or die affair for those teams, as it would be for relegation threatened or title/UCL slot fighting teams.

Arsenal had suffered defense injury crisis consistently this season, so much that we often started each match with new set of make shift defenders because of injury, under such condition, we suffered to defend and it showed more in our away matches where better defensive cohesion is always needed to secure three points.
Right now , we have all our defenders injury free,additionally, they are beginning to gel with each other and Emery can start those games with stable defense. We are also in good form.
As a fan, I'm quite optimistic of Arsenal chances of picking up those away wins. cool

We shall see then. If you beat Everton this weekend you’ve got a good chance of making it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tenmariner: 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2019
Lana1:
Arsenal wont drop points again because u get calabash for ur room wey u don use see the ending of May 2019.
Spurs have lost like 4 straight games. Chelsea couldn't beat Wolves & Everton and needed spiritual intervention to win Cardiff but it is that Chelsea and Spurs that will fight to the end for top 4 while United will just sit back and fold their arms.

Bros goan sit down.

Issokay... I am a United fan and our current style of play doesn't suggest we can put up that fight for top four
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2019
tenmariner:

Issokay... I am a United fan and our current style of play doesn't suggest we can put up that fight for top four
What makes you suggest Chelsea or Spurs current style of play will make them put up a better fight than United?? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2019
Lana1:

Spurs have lost like 4 straight games. Chelsea couldn't beat Wolves .

When is your next epl match?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tenmariner: 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2019
Lana1:
What makes you suggest Chelsea or Spurs current style of play will make them put up a better fight than United?? undecided

Our last 3 games. Walford could have pulled a draw. If we continue that way, very very dangerous
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:13pm On Apr 02, 2019
airmark:

When is your next epl match?
Ask Google

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2019
tenmariner:

Our last 3 games. Walford could have pulled a draw. If we continue that way, very very dangerous

Guy you dey too pessimistic o. Hope you no carry that style enter other aspects of life?

For the last few weeks na only lament upon lament you dey do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tenmariner: 1:19pm On Apr 02, 2019
afrodoc2:

Guy you dey too pessimistic o. Hope you no carry that style enter other aspects of life?

Hahaha..naaa, I don't.. Dat wolves and assnal lose was painful at my end.. I just want the team to at least finish the season with a champions league ticket
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:21pm On Apr 02, 2019
tenmariner:

As expected. Nothing concrete. Just more could and if statements.

"If Watford took their chances."
Where was this energy after the Arsenal game? Because i didn't see ur posts or any if statements about Lukaku's missed chances or shot that De Gea should ve saved.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:26pm On Apr 02, 2019
afrodoc2:

It's not surprising it took us losing a couple of games for these posts to start coming out. They were all mute during the unbeaten run.

They've had their drafts saved for more than 3 months since Mourinho was sacked. Now their opportunity has arrived. That's why I was not surprised when i started seeing comparisons between OGS and Mourinho football.

They'll say anything to make that Iberian fraud look good
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 1:29pm On Apr 02, 2019
afrodoc2:

Why don't you guys understand it's not about being pessimistic. I support the guy. We've not been playing well recently and we were really lucky against Watford. I hope we don't bottle it against wolves tonight. If we can play well and win tonight, it'll set our positive mindset back on track.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 1:30pm On Apr 02, 2019
afrodoc2:

Why don't you guys understand it's not about being pessimistic. I support the guy. We've not been playing well recently and we were really lucky against Watford. I hope we don't bottle it against wolves tonight. If we can play well and win tonight, it might set our positive mindset back on track.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:43pm On Apr 02, 2019
Lana1:
It's not surprising it took us losing a couple of games for these posts to start coming out. They were all mute during the unbeaten run.

They've had their drafts saved for more than 3 months since Mourinho was sacked. Now their opportunity has arrived. That's why I was not surprised when i started seeing comparisons between OGS and Mourinho football.

They'll say anything to make that Iberian fraud look good

Top 4 battle will be tough and close, and it fit go anyhow but we are still in it.

1) Arsenal have the easiest fixtures on paper, but 5 are away and their away form is poor.

2) Spurs on paper have an ok fixture list especially with 5 games at home, but their current form is quite poor with 4 losses in the last 5 games.

3) United have the toughest fixtures, but it is still doable. 3 points is a must against Chelsea, otherwise we likely miss out.

4) Chelsea's fixture list is next toughest to ours and they have the least points currently but if they can avoid defeat to Liverpool and beat us they stand a chance.

Any 2 of these teams can make the top 4 and any 2 can miss out.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:47pm On Apr 02, 2019
ChristoBam:

Why don't you guys understand it's not about being pessimistic. I support the guy. We've not been playing well recently and we were really lucky against Watford. I hope we don't bottle it against wolves tonight. If we can play well and win tonight, it might set our positive mindset back on track.

It is not like we are the only ones playing badly or struggling for form. Has Spurs been playing well? Or is it Chelsea that has been playing well?

The only team that has been playing well is Arsenal, and there are 2 places up for contention. I don't know who will make top 4 because it is so close and a case can be made for all the clubs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 1:49pm On Apr 02, 2019
afrodoc2:

there was this SAF assistant one time who is Portuguese or Brazilian, I can't really place his name now. Do you know who I'm talking of? If he's still alive I think the board can consider him for this new director role. The man seemed to have good rapport with player agents undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:58pm On Apr 02, 2019
ChristineC:
there was this SAF assistant one time who is Portuguese or Brazilian, I can't really place his name now. Do you know who I'm talking of? If he's still alive I think the board can consider him for this new director role. The man seemed to have good rapport with player agents undecided

Carlos Queiroz. Good man, but he is 66 and has been out of club football for almost a decade.

We need someone relatively young and vibrant, not a pensioner. There are other options out there, and it doesn't have to be ex-United.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:10pm On Apr 02, 2019
ChristineC:

My preferred option is Sven Mislintat. He has only been head of recruitment before but his eye for talent is remarkable. His former partner in Dortmund Michael Zorc is not likely to ever leave being a Dortmund all time great.

Other options are Luis Campos, Monchi, Ralf Rangnick, Van der Sar.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Itsmedozie: 2:17pm On Apr 02, 2019
SkimpleD:

Lol. Kolo man grin
na you kolo pass me oh... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Itsmedozie: 2:21pm On Apr 02, 2019
pazienza:

Haha. Thanks, you are sensible rival fan as well. I wish we discuss football like this on this forum.

That wolves and Leicester game would be the most tricky for us.
I would be pissed if we don't make top four, but if I'm being realistic, I would factor in the fact that I never expected a top 4 finish from Arsenal this season, considering the mess Wenger left behind and the little fund the board made available to Emery for squad rejuvenation. But you know humans and emotions, Emery got us punching above our weight and suddenly every Arsenal fan out there started dreaming again, now we are so close to achieving the impossible, I fear that Emery might become a victim of his own success, if Arsenal ends up not getting back into UCL this season.
I would advise you focus on Europa ......although you can make top 4 ....because you guys have the easiest run of fixtures on PAPER.....Everton ,Watford, Leicester, wolves ....all away.....haba lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Smellymouth: 2:32pm On Apr 02, 2019
afrodoc2:

My preferred option is Sven Mislintat. He has only been head of recruitment before but his eye for talent is remarkable. His former partner in Dortmund Michael Zorc is not likely to ever leave being a Dortmund all time great.

Other options are Luis Campos, Monchi, Ralf Rangnick, Van der Sar.

Marc Overmars won’t be a bad idea though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sod09(m): 2:42pm On Apr 02, 2019
afrodoc2:

Carlos Queiroz. Good man, but he is 66 and has been out of club football for almost a decade.

We need someone relatively young and vibrant, not a pensioner. There are other options out there, and it doesn't have to be ex-United.
he is currently the coach of colombia after he led iran to world cup
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sod09(m): 2:44pm On Apr 02, 2019
Smellymouth:

there is no way you will think of overmars without considering VDS
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2019
Smellymouth:

Yes he won't be a terrible choice. He has got experience working in the same role at Ajax. He is ex gunner though, lol.

Paul Mitchell is another good one.

With so many options available i don't know why the club is waiting until AFTER the transfer window (at least according to reports) to appoint a DoF.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2019
sod09:
he is currently the coach of colombia after he led iran to world cup

He is too old and has been out of club football for far too long.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 2:51pm On Apr 02, 2019
tenmariner:

No make me vex oo. Which current style of play? What's our current style of play? You are judging based on only the Watford game? When we were obliterating teams where were you? All these trolls in fan's clothing. angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (6506) (6507) (6508) (6509) (6510) (6511) (6512) ... (14417) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.