Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,251 members, 7,894,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 11:32 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8957661 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7326) (7327) (7328) (7329) (7330) (7331) (7332) ... (14259) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 12:49pm On Dec 03, 2019
Leyqute:

Were you in your water alter ego when you answered my polite question like a spoilt rascal the other day?

Now you are crying foul cos I repaid you in kind.

Alaye jor jor

Just because you will have another bad day tomorrow, doesn't mean you should be acting like a mugger today. You are not more of a United fan than patrickmuf, elrony, elampiro and others.

You shouldn't lose your head yet, wait till weekend when they will help you sever it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by biomustry: 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2019
airmark:

Conte cool
Let's see if he'll win it with inter fess, nice joke by the way grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2019
airmark:

Just because you will have another bad day tomorrow, doesn't mean you should be acting like a mugger today. You are not more of a United fan than patrickmuf, elrony, elampiro and others.

You shouldn't lose your head yet, wait till weekend when they will help you sever it.
k

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 1:07pm On Dec 03, 2019
elampiro:

Pogba matter tire me.

So who are the porential world class midfielders we can buy?

Jonjo Shelvey lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2019
elampiro:

Pogba matter tire me.

So who are the porential world class midfielders we can buy?

We just need quality players who are very good ON THE BALL. They don’t all have to be definitely world class, but at least above average with maybe 1 world class.

Good on the ball a midfielder should be i.e keeping possession, quick passing, seeing and picking switch of play runs.

McTom and 1 of Garner and Levitt stays, the other goes on loan.

1 of Fred and Pereira stays, the other is sold.

Offload all the other midfielders including Pogba.

Go for any 2 out of the 3 Leicester midfielders.

Depending on which 2 you get you go for a complimentary midfielder.
For example if you get Ndidi and Tielemens then you go for Kai Harvertz or Bruno Fernandes
If you get Tielemans and Maddison you go for Thomas Partey.
If you get Ndidi and Maddison you go for Verrati or SMS.

Or you forget Leicester and go for Partey, Verrati , Kai Harvertz.

There are midfielders out there. It is Ole’s problem if he can’t identify them.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 1:50pm On Dec 03, 2019
Leyqute:

We don tackle all those points before no be today.

Ole was expecting a striker before the window closed but didn’t get one. Until a manager publicly criticizes the club for not signing his targets like Mou did, he’s satisfied with his squad.

Poch said something similar the other day, doesn’t mean he’s satisfied with his squad.

I can’t be arguing about stuff wey I don talk about before.

To some folks the coach is always at fault- and that’s a nice opinion.
That post did not have your name anywhere, neither was it directed to the coach, specifically.
You just won dey defend this man.
Be free grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:58pm On Dec 03, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:09pm On Dec 03, 2019
Mourinho:

"Going back to Old Trafford is going back to a place where I was happy, I have a great relationship with the fans."

"I went back as a consultant and I was moved by such a nice reception, this time I come back as a coach with the team that will try to beat Manchester United and that gives a different perspective. . "

"I understand that what they want is the opposite of what I want, I want Tottenham to win, they want United to win, and during the match I expect them to forget me and support their team to get the result they want. "

"Honestly, Manchester United is for me in my book of experiences, my history book, a bit like Mr. Mandela said:" You never lose. You win or you learn. "

"At United, I won and I learned, it's not for me to analyze United, I'm now analyzing United as an opponent."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 3:07pm On Dec 03, 2019
ChristineC:
Pep took over Man City the season after they finished 2nd, 9 points behind the winners.

Check this fact again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 3:33pm On Dec 03, 2019
elampiro:

If it were that easy, why have we not bought one since 2011 when we 'diagnosed' that Scholes and Carrick needed replacement?

Even SAF said players like Scholes and Giggs don't fall from the tree. That is aswering a question why he had not replaced them.

You haven't really made a point. Are you saying there are no good players out there? Not sure you can really bring in what SAF did 8 years ago to this. Unless you're implying there are no good players in the 8 years since he said that?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:41pm On Dec 03, 2019
odizeey:

That post did not have your name anywhere, neither was it directed to the coach, specifically.
You just won dey defend this man.
Be free grin

Nah. The first few sentences are a reply to your post.

The rest are just my opinion about the current state of the club.

LoL. You even said I just wan defend the man. grin grin

I just took a general view of the club- players, medical staff, coaching staff, recruitment, board, etc and stated my opinion.

Had to take this approach after we kept sacking and replacing coaches and there seemed to be no general improvement in the footballing side of the club.

If you think coaches and players alone make up the success of a club, I don’t know what to think of you.

Let’s fix those other sides and then sack the coach, cos a new coach won’t find it easy either.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 3:49pm On Dec 03, 2019
Leyqute:

Nah. The first few sentences are a reply to your post.

The rest are just my opinion about the current state of the club.

LoL. You even said I just wan defend the man. grin grin

I just took a general view of the club- players, medical staff, coaching staff, recruitment, board, etc and stated my opinion.

Had to take this approach after we kept sacking and replacing coaches and there seemed to be no general improvement in the footballing side of the club.

If you think coaches and players alone make up the success of a club, I don’t know what to think of you.

Let’s fix those other sides and then sack the coach, cos a new coach won’t find it easy either.
I would not want us to keep on sacking. But ogs is not giving us something to hold on to.
We know Manchester united limited is in shambles. See how the players are getting injured for fun.
But ogs is not giving us something to hold on to.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2019
odizeey:

I would not want us to keep on sacking. But ogs is not giving us something to hold on to.
We know Manchester united limited is in shambles. See how the players are getting injured for fun.
But ogs is not giving us something to hold on to.

I agree things aren’t going on well for Utd.

What do you think another manager would do in this instance ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 4:27pm On Dec 03, 2019
Leyqute:

I agree things aren’t going on well for Utd.

What do you think another manager would do in this instance ?
A new coach will be a solution to one if our problems.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 4:33pm On Dec 03, 2019
afrodoc2:

We just need quality players who are very good ON THE BALL. They don’t all have to be definitely world class, but at least above average with maybe 1 world class.

Good on the ball a midfielder should be i.e keeping possession, quick passing, seeing and picking switch of play runs.

For example if you get Ndidi and Tielemens then you go for Kai Harvertz or Bruno Fernandes

@ bolded, don’t let weedtaker see that part ooo. grin

I agree with your post. We can definitely get midfielders that can improve the team, the obsession of “Young British Talent” needs to be checked. I don’t want Rice or Longstaff at this club when we can get better midfielders that are going to come cheaper sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2019
MRTA7:

You haven't really made a point. Are you saying there are no good players out there? Not sure you can really bring in what SAF did 8 years ago to this. Unless you're implying there are no good players in the 8 years since he said that?

The question is, why have we been unable to sign a world class midfielder since 2011? We only got Pogba at a record price?

Do you think the management team of the club have not bee trying? They are just not available as SAF noted. The ones available don't choose Old Trafford as their first destination except you pay so much. You might even bring one and he flops.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2019
odizeey:

A new coach will be a solution to one if our problems.

Like it was when Moyes, LvG and Mourinho were sacked ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2019
afrodoc2:

See them go all out for Rice, well they kuku have beanz, they just need rice to compliment it grin grin
OGS don madt..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2019
Leyqute:

Like it was when Moyes, LvG and Mourinho were sacked ?
Me I'm tired. Let them do what they like.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 4:54pm On Dec 03, 2019
elampiro:

The question is, why have we been unable to sign a world class midfielder since 2011? We only got Pogba at a record price?

Do you think the management team of the club have not bee trying? They are just not available as SAF noted. The ones available don't choose Old Trafford as their first destination except you pay so much. You might even bring one and he flops.

They have been trying and failing. Doesn't mean it couldn't be done. That's like saying no one in Europe has been able to sign any good midfielder since 2011. So many teams have managed it but for whatever reason we haven't and that shows why we've been a mess since.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:05pm On Dec 03, 2019
MRTA7:

They have been trying and failing. Doesn't mean it couldn't be done. That's like saying no one in Europe has been able to sign any good midfielder since 2011. So many teams have managed it but for whatever reason we haven't and that shows why we've been a mess since.

But we cannot say the management have not been trying. We have bought some players who performed excellently well else where but couldn't perform here. It could therefore mean the problem is beyond midfield. Fellaini was feared in the league before we signed him. Although he was not Moyes' first option to come here. Herrera was the guy who destroyed our midfield in the Europa and did very well before we signed him. Schnerline was EPL best midfielder when we signed him. Pogba was thought to be among 1-3 world top midfielders when we signed him and had featured in FIFA XI once or twice.

Something is wrong that can scare even the management. Ndidi would not even be rated as high as 70% of Schnerderlin.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 5:58pm On Dec 03, 2019
larride:

@ bolded, don’t let weed,taker see that part ooo. grin
yea right, sell Pogba and replace him with two Leicester midfielders and our problems would be solved, I wonder what happened to dis same midfielders b4 Rogers, why didn't we call for them to be signed then?

We already got Maguire for a world record fee and still have a worst defense than them. maybe we should sell maguire and buy Evans and soyuncu.
elampiro:

Something is wrong that can scared even the management. Ndidi would not even be rated as high as 70% of Schnerderlin.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by macjireh: 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2019
Lana1:
Be like City no wan win league this year. And Liverpool may just bottle it.

Go Leicester City. Better them than anyone else in that top 4 tbh. grin
wat are u saying sef...Liverpool will bottle 8points gap 4Leicester... how does that happen?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:09pm On Dec 03, 2019
weedtaker:
yea right, sell Pogba and replace him with two Leicester midfielders and our problems would be solved, I wonder what happened to dis same midfielders b4 Rogers, why didn't we call for them to be signed then?

We already got Maguire for a world record fee and still have a worst defense than them. maybe we should sell maguire and buy Evans and soyuncu.

I have been calling for Ndidi and Tielemans for at least 2 seasons now, before Rodgers ever became their manager.

I also said Pogba would not solve our midfield problems before we bought him, and here we are 3 years later and he is unfortunately proving me right.

If we keep Pogba and still buy 2 midfielders (DM and CM) from that list that would still be great, but i doubt the board will do that. So sell him and his flirting problems to Real and build a midfield not dependent on 1 player.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2019
afrodoc2:

I have been calling for Ndidi and Tielemans for at least 2 seasons now, before Rodgers ever became their manager.
Tielemans was a big flop at Monaco why?

I also said Pogba would not solve our midfield problems before we bought him, and here we are 3 years later and he is unfortunately proving me right.
Yea Pogba didn't solve our problems but Tielemans and Ndidi will lol, Pogba is better than two of them put together. Imagine thinking any of Tielemans or ndidi will see starting shirt in France Midfield.
[s]
If we keep Pogba and still buy 2 midfielders (DM and CM) from that list that would still be great, but i doubt the board will do that. So sell him and his flirting problems to Real and build a midfield not dependent on 1 player. [/s]

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2019
odizeey:

Me I'm tired. Let them do what they like.

LMAO.

Me sef haff tayad. I’m not expecting anything this season. That’s my defense mechanism.

Na to activate sidonlook mood and discuss youth prospects
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:46pm On Dec 03, 2019
weedtaker:
Yea Pogba didn't solve our problems but Tielemans and Ndidi will lol, Pogba is better than two of them put together. Imagine thinking any of Tielemans or ndidi will see starting shirt in France Midfield.

Ok
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 8:29pm On Dec 03, 2019
weedtaker:

LMAO
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2019
weedtaker:
That a player is good does not mean he will be fit for your team. We've seen this many times in football
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:05pm On Dec 03, 2019
eph12:

That a player is good does not mean he will be fit for your team. We've seen this many times in football
The only period we seem to play good football consistently he was the Star-man and most important player, he was our top scorer last season ffs!

If you think Pogba doesn't fit dis united team, then I'm sorry for you, cuz we don't even have a team to begin with.

The one wey the even burst my head na tielemans wey Afro man been the bench for Belgium, I'm yet to see how that guy has outperformed Scott McSauce dis season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:56am On Dec 04, 2019
Martial injured again?
Mae dem sell that guy this January. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 2:16am On Dec 04, 2019
Lana1:
Martial injured again?
Mae dem sell that guy this January. undecided

Na 3SC ibadan wan buy am? You guys are funny.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7326) (7327) (7328) (7329) (7330) (7331) (7332) ... (14259) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Baldg and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.