Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,379 members, 7,894,607 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 12:29 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (857) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8959903 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) ... (14261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
StarBoard:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-luke-shaw-3059098#.UuNS2xBFDcs
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/luke-shaw-deal-done-almost.383141/
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27368029
That should answer your question about Shaw. The BBC even appears to infer that the deal was done in between windows before van Gaal was made manager.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/368526/Manchester-United-planning-a-summer-bid-for-Southampton-star-Luke-Shaw
That should tell you who originated whatever transfer there is about Shaw.

even more interesting is the discussion on the United fan board that seems to suggest that fans knew of the bid. Mid May around the time the season ended,again before van gaal was announced.
http://community.manutd.com/forums/p/281949/2542009.aspx

Was is the essence of all these links?

Did these same media not report Di Maria deal was done?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2014
I am not in for his argument anymore. I just replied that. I have been busy, until night when I will read all the posts (arrears). Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2014
RuuDie: And the "Rojo business" gets more intriguing by the day...

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-reported-bid-sparks-rojo-row-102918776--sow.html
Very bizarre case, why someone would sign such contract is beyond me.
So they will pay another 75%(of 17m) if United makes another bid of £17m..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
StarBoard:
That should answer your question about Shaw. The BBC even appears to infer that the deal was done in between windows before van Gaal was made manager.

That should tell you who originated whatever transfer there is about Shaw.

even more interesting is the discussion on the United fan board that seems to suggest that fans knew of the bid. Mid May around the time the season ended,again before van gaal was announced.
http://community.manutd.com/forums/p/281949/2542009.aspx

Let me even agree with you that those two deals came in before LVG without his input... so, what is happening now? Why is there no tangible sign of activity now that he has fully assumed the mantle and has had time to assess the situation on the ground!?

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:44pm On Aug 14, 2014
coogar:

van gaal was in brazil when shaw & herrera were signed. they were the signings of woodward/giggs. at best, he would only have glanced through the scout report on the 2 players.....there's no way van gaal would be interested in a player that looks like this.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1625039_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Oh Coogar!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 4:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
Rojo looks like a decent player.
Money is what is holding this deal back and i believe that will be sorted sòon.
Another versatile player that can play LCB,LB or even if necessary LWB.
If hummels aint coming(sobs) lets just get sign rojo,blind and vidal and start the season joo.
but i have an owen hargreaves inspired concern about vidal's knee.....though thankfully it is the lateral meniscus not d medial meniscus.

P.s why is nobody after garay sef?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 14, 2014
elampiro:

Was is the essence of all these links?

Did these same media not report Di Maria deal was done?
If you don't want to argue, leave it at that.
You asked if we tabled a bid for Shaw and I've given you reasons to withdraw that question.
read the fan views and see what fellow Red fans like us were saying in May about Shaw.

As per the Di Maria, it depends on your source. If you go for the regular links with credibility then you would know that Di Maria never signed any deal.

RuuDie:
Let me even agree with you that those two deals came in before LVG without his input... so, what is happening now? Why is there no tangible sign of activity now that he has fully assumed the mantle and has had time to assess the situation on the ground!?
If van Gaal hasn't signed anyone that should even give you a clue as to who really signed Shaw and Herrera. Both signings were announced while he was in Brazil.
But please oh! I am not United's spokesman. Ask Woodward who promised signings nearly a month ago and is nowhere to be seen.
I will say this though; expecting a raft of signings with wan Gaal might not work, as in you might be a bit disappointed from where I see it.
He said he needs time to assess the players.that could be open ended and interpreted to mean any given amount of time. It's been about a month since the world cup ended and three weeks since van Gaal took over. I wouldn't think that time is enough to assess a new squad. Especially since a set of players have been on extended breaks and didn't feature in pre-seaon.

That is in fairness to Woodward even though he has a track record of hashing up signings and cannot be totally absolved from the malaise in light of expected signings as promised by him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
afrodoc:
P.s why is nobody after garay sef?

^^ Hasnt he signed for Zenit already even before world cup
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
raumdeuter:

^^ Hasnt he signed for Zenit already even before world cup

Too bad.
And thats how clubs will be chasing calamity luiz and eliaquim "boumsong" mangala.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Purist(m): 5:15pm On Aug 14, 2014
Van Gaal never said Luke Shaw was unfit. He said Shaw was not "fit enough" for the wing-back role. Big difference.

StarBoard:
*van Gaal said he needed to assess his players.If he already knew them there was no need to assess them.

I think some perspective is needed here. Here is exactly what LVG said:

"My method is always the same. I want to look at the players now - the players present. And of course, I know the players - how they play. But I don't know the players who I have trained and coached. So first I want to see surely the first three, four weeks - what they can do and then maybe I shall buy other players. And the players that we have bought now, Shaw and Herrera, were already on the list; so I gave my approval because I like them. But first I want to see the players performing my philosophy."

He was clearly talking about assessing how the players would conform to his own playing style. So yes, he already knew them AND still needed to assess them.

Secondly, it's amusing to watch peeps here give various interpretations to a very lucid and concise statement made by the manager.

'Shaw and Herrera were already on the list. I gave my approval because I like them.'

In other words, if he did not give his approval, those two wouldn't be donning the United jersey today.

Funny, when we were not signing players last summer, it was Moyes and Woodward at fault. This summer, only Woodward is at fault.
Last season when Rooney was set to be named captain, Moyes was the weakling who had no balls. Now that the almighty Van Gaal has made Rooney captain, there is a loud silence from the usual suspects.

Apparently, it appears Van Gaal can do no wrong in the eyes of some United fans.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
@ purist!!

This is pure unaldulterated gbam.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
Purist:
Funny, when we were not signing players last summer, it was Moyes and Woodward at fault. This summer, only Woodward is at fault.
Last season when Rooney was set to be named captain, Moyes was the weakling who had no balls. Now that the almighty Van Gaal has made Rooney captain, there is a loud silence from the usual suspects.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this.
A few weeks ago, we were told here that Rooney could never be captain under LVG, considering the fact that he held us by the balls in the past. Why LVG hasn't been castigated by the cabal for that "abomination", is still beyond me!

Purist:
Apparently, it appears Van Gaal can do no wrong in the eyes of some United fans.

.....coupled with the fact that elampiro (rooney's attorney general) must always be wrong, especially on issues like this.. cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 6:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
Why is no one talking about Blankett. I like that dude confidence on the ball, he might still be young but he needs to be promoted asap.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
larride: Why is no one talking about Blankett. I like that dude confidence on the ball, he might still be young but he needs to be promoted asap.

True!

I have a strong feeling that a bunch of these youngsters will be "blooded" and play a huge part in our campaign this season... perhaps, this even partially explains sUTD's relative silence in the transfer market.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
When Van Gaal was yet to take over people were shining teeth telling elampiro that rooney would never make captain and would probably be sold.
Now van gaal has made rooney captain its dead silence on that from those that know van gaal more than van gaal knows himself

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 6:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
RuuDie:
True!
I have a strong feeling that a bunch of these youngsters will be "blooded" and play a huge part in our campaign this season... perhaps, this even partially explains sUTD's relative silence in the transfer market.

I tell you, he kinda reminds of Evra with the way he drive the ball forward, its still premature but i have a feeling the dude will play a part this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
Purist: Van Gaal never said Luke Shaw was unfit. He said Shaw was not "fit enough" for the wing-back role. Big difference.

"My method is always the same. I want to look at the players now - the players present. And of course, I know the players - how they play. But I don't know the players who I have trained and coached. So first I want to see surely the first three, four weeks - what they can do and then maybe I shall buy other players. And the players that we have bought now, Shaw and Herrera, were already on the list; so I gave my approval because I like them. But first I want to see the players performing my philosophy."

He was clearly talking about assessing how the players would conform to his own playing style. So yes, he already knew them AND still needed to assess them.

Secondly, it's amusing to watch peeps here give various interpretations to a very lucid and concise statement made by the manager.

'Shaw and Herrera were already on the list. I gave my approval because I like them.'

In other words, if he did not give his approval, those two wouldn't be donning the United jersey today.

`This is the gbam of the year.
Keep preaching the gospel truth, bratha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 6:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
Blackett looks very good on the ball and also in one v one situations. However he still switches off a few times, mayb cos of the new 3 CB system.
I like blackett,james wilson , perreira and janko.
Janko is a natural right wingback and i believe he is ready to step up. Pearson is another talent but he appears physically fragile
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 6:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
Purist: Van Gaal never said Luke Shaw was unfit. He said Shaw was not "fit enough" for the wing-back role. Big difference.

The truth has been spoken.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
RuuDie:
Why is there no tangible sign of activity now that he has fully assumed the mantle and has had time to assess the situation on the ground!?

They will still blame Woodward.. They want Wooward to start chasing after Khedira, Messi, Alonso, Mikel, Iheanacho, Isco, Robben, etc even when Gaal has said he is assessing the team to identify the gaps. And when it was clearly reported Gaal is holding Vidal's transfer. If we signed Vidal today, no one would remember sef Moyes ever scouted him.

Without Vidal's injury and his participation in the world cup, he would have been signed same time as Shaw and Herrera. Then the praise would go to Gaal.

We know Gaal is a world class coach, but it doesn't mean he can make no mistake. Shaw and Herrera aren't even mistakes yet. .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:08pm On Aug 14, 2014
Purist: So first I want to see surely the first three, four weeks - what they can do and then maybe I shall buy other players. And the players that we have bought now, Shaw and Herrera, were already on the list; so I gave my approval because I like them. [b]But first I want to see the players performing my philosophy."

That was a one most comprehensive post. Kudos.

This part I selected clearly exonerated Wooward of any blame.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
elampiro:

They will still blame Woodward.. They want Wooward to start chasing after Khedira, Messi, Alonso, Mikel, Iheanacho, Isco, Robben, etc even when Gaal has said he is assessing the team to identify the gaps. And when it was clearly reported Gaal is holding Vidal's transfer. If we signed Vidal today, no one would remember sef Moyes ever scouted him.

Without Vidal's injury and his participation in the world cup, he would have been signed same time as Shaw and Herrera. Then the praise would go to Gaal.

We know Gaal is a world class coach, but it doesn't mean he can make no mistake. Shaw and Herrera aren't even mistakes yet. .

Good points.
No one is perfect and if this transfer window ends in failure woodward and van gaal will both share the blame. More blame for woodward though IMO.
AND shaw and herrera can still come good.
Those writing off shaw after one month while giving fat Ando 3rd and 4th chances after years of poor form..........there is God oooo

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2014
afrodoc:

Good points.
No one is perfect and if this transfer window ends in failure woodward and van gaal will both share the blame. More blame for woodward though IMO.
AND shaw and herrera can still come good.
Those writing off shaw after one month while giving fat Ando 3rd and 4th chances after years of poor form..........there is God oooo

Why more blame for Woodward? Has he failed to deliver on any target? Or should he have accepted to hand over Smalling on a swap deal?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2014
afrodoc:
The point being made but which passed over your head (as usual) is that transfer deals can be halted at any point once the deals have not been signed.
That a deal was 90 percent completed is no excuse.
Van Gaal was asked for his input and he said he approved the deal, that is why the transfer went forward.

you keep tying yourself in tortuous knots of logic. van gaal couldn't have stopped any of those deals because personal terms had been agreed & the selling club are satisfied with the fee. that's the key!

don't confuse us with ridiculous analogies that have no semblance with what happened concerning shaw/herrera. van gaal wouldn't have been able to cancel those deals even if it was roger milla we were signing.

Purist:
Van Gaal never said Luke Shaw was unfit. He said Shaw was not "fit enough" for the wing-back role. Big difference.

which yeye big difference?
you are either fit or unfit. if he said luke shaw wasn't fit enough, he's technically saying shaw is unfit. shaw played as a left back for southampton throughout last season and get crazy rave reviews.....how come he's the only one van gaal described as "not fit enough"?

what won't i read on these pages for fücks sake.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
This had got to be the funniest argument in the world.

The man said very clearly that:

a)He was shown a list of potential players to buy

b)He saw 2 players on the list that he liked and...

c)He gave his approval for their purchase, because he liked them which implies that....

d)He could have stopped the transfers if he wanted to, as he had seen the list BEFORE the transfers

Is this so hard to grasp? cheesy

At least Coogar gives his (faulty)opinion and is willing to die for it...

It's the part 2 of the cabal who is always willing to die for Coogar's ideas that makes me lmao everytime grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 14, 2014
Nihilist: This had got to be the funniest argument in the world.
c)He gave his approval for their purchase, because he liked them which implies that....
d)He could have stopped the transfers if he wanted to, as he had seen the list BEFORE the transfers
It's the part 2 of the cabal who is always willing to die for Coogar's ideas that makes me lmao everytime grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ........ No doubt you a freaking clown!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:48pm On Aug 14, 2014

he was shown the list of the players united had almost completed buying. negotiations & official bids had been tendered for shaw/herrera way before van gaal was even considered for the job.

how could he have stopped such transfers? cheiiiiii - i need to bring my english tutor here to educate you sheeple on how to comprehend simple lines. shaw/herrera are woodward signings, not van gaal's. van gaal said he would assess his squad first before buying anyone else.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:50pm On Aug 14, 2014

It appears too complex an idea for Coogar cheesy

Pray tell who is this part 2 of the cabal? grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
afrodoc: [/b]

It appears too complex an idea for Coogar cheesy

Pray tell who is this part 2 of the cabal? grin

He will be here soon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:58pm On Aug 14, 2014
Nihilist:

He will be here soon.

LOL.
lalale Thursday cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) ... (14261) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: main24(m), Ellexy and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.