Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,671 members, 7,948,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 12:17 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (877) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9140832 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) ... (14362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
I'm not sure some of you watched this game at all...

Hernandez was the one destroying the attack.

During pre-season, Welbeck and Rooney could afford to drift wide and act as inverted wingers giving Mata space to operate.

Hernandez was so bad and gave the ball away so many times. He wasn't showing for passes either and was disrupting the flow of the game upfront.

I called this just before the end of 1st half and Van Gaal responded by sending Nani on for Hernandez

Rooney played an ok game today
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 8:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
I'm not sure some of you watched this game at all...

Hernandez was the one destroying the attack.

During pre-season, Welbeck and Rooney could afford to drift wide and act as inverted wingers giving Mata space to operate.

Hernandez was so bad and gave the ball away so many times. He wasn't showing for passes either and was disrupting the flow of the game upfront.

I called this just before the end of 1st half and Van Gaal responding by sending Nani on for Hernandez

Rooney played an ok game today

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2014
@ coogar I totally agree with your analysis of Rooney. He seems to lead us to nothing everytime he his made the main man. Rooney has been steadily declining in his performances in this club he just flatters to deceive by either scoring a goal when he is also having a stinker of a game and that blinds everyone.

But ought to also agree that your defence of young in that United team is becoming a joke! Young is the greatest scam in the history of Man u. This was a guy I personally felt was a united player with his exploits in AV and was happy he came to United, to say he has been a disappointment is an understatement. The Id1ot gave us sterling perfomances in pre season only to start showing himself in the first game of the season under LvG.

Granted almost everyone was piss poor today, I just wanted to talk about these two cos Elampiro can kill for Rooney while you always find a way of blaming Rooney even when a defender is at fault for a goal.

I feel both of them should even go considering what we expect of them and what they serve!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:52pm On Aug 16, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

True talk

Mata used to be great.....the guy seems to be suffering from Torres syndrome

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TheBigUrban2: 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
RuuDie:

My guy, move to the left.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
Same Rooney that is only a goal away from equalling Henry's EPL total flatters to deceive?

Wetin man no go read for this thread?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
codedguy1: @ coogar I totally agree with your analysis of Rooney. He seems to lead us to nothing everytime he his made the main man. Rooney has been steadily declining in his performances in this club he just flatters to deceive by either scoring a goal when he is also having a stinker of a game and that blinds everyone.

thank you!

But ought to also agree that your defence of young in that United team is becoming a joke! Young is the greatest scam in the history of Man u. This was a guy I personally felt was a united player with his exploits in AV and was happy he came to United, to say he has been a disappointment is an understatement. The Id1ot gave us sterling perfomances in pre season only to start showing himself in the first game of the season under LvG.

to be fair to young, he was having a good game when we were playing 3-4-1-2. it was when LVG sent him to play as a left back that he got confused. who are we kidding here....young is no left back. he's never played as a left back. it's like blaming carrick for playing as a centre-back. before the change in formation, young was our best player in the first half!

Granted almost everyone was piss poor today, I just wanted to talk about these two cos Elampiro can kill for Rooney while you always find a way of blaming Rooney even when a defender is at fault for a goal.

jones was at fault for the first goal! i dunno how he got bodied so easily. if he had stood his ground, he would have had a better chance at blocking the shot! he got attracted to the ball, he got decked to the floor & there was a big opening.

the second goal was conceded because our defence was caught napping. somebody should have taken the yellow card for the team by blocking bony's quick freekick. that freekick got the defence in a disarray, young was isolated at the far end, but young isn't a left back......there's no way he should be blamed for that goal! if evans & shaw were fit, young wouldn't have been in that position.

I feel both of them should even go considering what we expect of them and what they serve!

both of them should stay.....rooney needs to work hard, young needs to be played in the same position he played in the preseason. his role changed completely in a 4-4-2. he was stationed behind januzaj as a left back. i am sure that's the first time he's played as a left back in his entire career.

hardly his fault.....

Nihilist: Same Rooney that is only a goal away from equalling Henry's EPL total flatters to deceive?

misleading statistics....

how many minutes did it take henry to reach that milestone? how many minutes has rooney played to reach his?

if worker A takes 100 hours to finish a task & the other worker B took 500 hours to finish his.....in your logic, worker A = worker B as long as the job is done?

no wonder you support chelsea. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
coogar:

misleading statistics....

how many minutes did it take henry to reach that milestone? how many minutes has rooney played to reach his?

if worker A takes 100 hours to finish a task & the other worker B took 500 hours to finish his.....in your logic, worker A = worker B as long as the job is done?

no wonder you support chelsea. cheesy

Shola Ameobi was in Newcastle 1st team squad from 2000 till the end of last season...Why didn't he equal Henry's record?

Carlton Cole made his debut in 2001...why is he not in the top 10 all time EPL scorers?

Rooney is currently 4th all time EPL top goalscorer despite being shunted left flank, right flank and central midfield...and is still only 28 years old....

What else do you want from a nigga?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nihilist: Same Rooney that is only a goal away from equalling Henry's EPL total flatters to deceive?

Rooney flatters to deceive joh.

For someone shafting United of 300k/pwk he should atleast be doing what Suarez is doing/did for liverpool.

If Rooney has kept on coming 3rd in the last 3 Ballon d'or behind Ronaldo and Messi with a ridiculous amount of goals and excellent performances better than what he has been dishing out. Nobody will complain.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:26pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nihilist:

Shola Ameobi was in Newcastle 1st team squad from 2000 till the end of last season...Why didn't he equal Henry's record?

Carlton Cole made his debut in 2001...why is he not in the top 10 all time EPL scorers?

Rooney is currently 4th all time EPL top goalscorer despite being shunted left flank, right flank and central midfield...and is still only 28 years old....

What else do you want from a nigga?

shola ameobi & carlton cole are not regarded as pele. they have never played for the best football club in england in the last 11 seasons, they never played under SAF. the comparison is laughable.

rooney has played 28,992 mins in the premier league & he has only 174 goals to show for it.

henry played 21,303 mins in the premier league & he scored 176 goals.

with a difference of 7,689 minutes translating to 85 league games, rooney couldn't outscore thierry henry.

and you think they are equal? cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 9:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
coogar:

if rooney isn't english, he woulda been sold aeons ago. baffling that a player that has spent close to 11 seasons cannot make accurate short passes to the side. more than 5 attacking moves were ruined today cos of rooney's underhit passes from 5-9 yards.

when rooney is on his game, you could mistake him for messi or ronaldo but such moments are once in a blue moon. when rooney is out of form, patience jonathan has a better football brain than him. his bottom level is the worst in the history of association football!!

@bolded, you are very right, see silly short passes, Rooney killed us today jare!

Lol at Mama peace has a better footie brain than Rooney (when the nigga is at out of form).

Meanwhile, Young too isn't good for United, infact, we should sell all English brats (that are above 25 years) in our team, they are useless!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
coogar:

shola ameobi & carlton cole are not regarded as pele. they have never played for the best football club in england in the last 11 seasons, they never played under SAF. the comparison is laughable.

rooney has played 28,992 mins in the premier league & he has only 174 goals to show for it.

henry played 21,303 mins in the premier league & he scored 176 goals.

with a difference of 7,689 minutes translating to 85 league games, rooney couldn't outscore thierry henry.

and you think they are equal? cheesy grin

If you want to go that way:

Shearer had a career total of 379 goals in 733 appearances...That's 0.51 goals per game

Henry has a career total as of today of 353 goals in 764 appearances....That's 0.46 goals per game

Rooney has 234 goals in 520 apps including today...that is 0.45 goals per game.

So this goal scoring record in the league is not a fluke...but is actually consistent with the career goal scoring rate of some of the legendary goal scorers....including the aforementioned players and Robin Van Persie(202 in 431, 0.47 goals per game)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
Dadehmola:

Elampiro, This your obsession with pace, power, endurance and "agidi" is a cause for concern.

I know you would gladly pick Kevin Nolan over David silva anyways..

I beg, I no like that guy game. He's not worth £37m. Mourinho made a fortune from Mata and Luiz deals. I have little regards for players who can not dribble or drive the ball forward.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
codedguy1:

For someone shafting United of 300k/pwk he should atleast be doing what Suarez is doing/did for liverpool.

If Rooney has kept on coming 3rd in the last 3 Ballon d'or behind Ronaldo and Messi with a ridiculous amount of goals and excellent performances better than what he has been dishing out. Nobody will complain.

Stop spouting this BS abeg....

Is Van Persie not on 250k per week? Has he ever posted Messi or Ronaldo numbers in entire career?

Or what has Neymar done in his career to justify his 241k weekly salary

Dont let coogar decieve you with his 300k argument.

A player is only worth what a club is willing to pay. United consider Rooney to be worth 300k per week

Dont for a second even think that there are wage brackets that are linked to linear output in football
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2014

A lot of people came to watch the match in my house today. Almost all of them (many not United fans) said Rooney and Januzaj were the only players for United today. This was even before the equalizer. A few mentioned Herrera as a 3rd person. Later they added Jones to be the saviour from humiliation.

It's best for me now to ignore these people's comments.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nihilist:

Shearer had a career total of 379 goals in 733 appearances...That's 0.51 goals per game

Henry has a career total as of today of 353 goals in 764 appearances....That's 0.46 goals per game

So this goal scoring record in the league is not a fluke...but is actually consistent with the career goal scoring rate of some of the legendary goal scorers....including the aforementioned players and Robin Van Persie(202 in 431, 0.47 goals per game)

this is man utd thread, not chelsea's - we don't count appearances, we count number of minutes. number of appearances is for the novices in football statistics.

a player that played 1 min & the one that completed 90 mins all have the same number of appearance. how's that statistically accurate in the grand scheme of things?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
nitrogen:

Well, the results are important, what am just saying is that, the boy is creative and talented, he should be given a chance! 'Once in a while' featuring won't be bad for him.

Meanwhile, you said his effort didn't help, no problem! Thank God the season is just starting, you will see more and more of the boy. Watch out!
once in a while featuring for what? Januzaj should be the third name on the list behind de Gea & van Persie every other match day bros; leave matter for mathias
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
coogar:
the second goal was conceded because our defence was caught napping. somebody should have taken the yellow card for the team by blocking bony's quick freekick. that freekick got the defence in a disarray, young was isolated at the far end, but young isn't a left back......there's no way he should be blamed for that goal! if evans & shaw were fit, young wouldn't have been in that position.

Ukwu!!!

If na Val do dis mistake.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hmmm! Man Utd! grin shocked grin

Not again... embarassed grin tongue

Home losing streak continues... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
codedguy1:

What did Suarez win in Liverpool?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilist: 10:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
coogar:

this is man utd thread, not chelsea's - we don't count appearances, we count number of minutes. number of appearances is for the novices in football statistics.

a player that played 1 min & the one that completed 90 mins all have the same number of appearance. how's that statistically accurate in the grand scheme of things?

Rooney's in the upper echelon of all time goal scorers in the EPL and his goal per game ratio is very similar to some of his elite peers in that list.

It's no fluke that Rooney is in that esteemed company....He is simply one of the greatest strikers to have ever played in Europe.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:04pm On Aug 16, 2014
nitrogen:
@bolded, you are very right, see silly short passes, Rooney killed us today jare!

i can understand if rooney was under pressure to make those passes like a defender pulling him or shoving him. mba, rooney was all alone in space & yet the passes never reached a team mate that was only 5 yards away. that happened more than five times today in a promising attacking move.....

na player be that?

Lol at Mama peace has a better footie brain than Rooney (when the nigga is at out of form).

any player can go out of form but you would still expect them to perform the basic things. rooney can accurately pass sideways when the distance is 90 yards, but he would screw up a 3 yard pass without any pressure.

that's not good enough!

Meanwhile, Young too isn't good for United, infact, we should sell all English brats (that are above 25 years) in our team, they are useless!

young isn't earning £300k!
let's focus on the people pretending to be world class talents when they are not better than players in dolphins of port harcourt!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 10:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
SailorXY:
once in a while featuring for what? Januzaj should be the third name on the list behind de Gea & van Persie every other match day bros; leave matter for mathias

Don't mind me jare, Januzaj is a very good player, he deserves more playing time!

Coogar is just one eccentric person, where others are facing, he prefers to go against them, meanwhile, he knows the truth. All his Cleverly, Ashley Young, and others' hyping are just hillarious! The way he compares his buddies (dem Cleverly) to the likes of Kroos, is baffling. I hail you o, Coogs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nihilist:
Rooney's in the upper echelon of all time goal scorers in the EPL and his goal per game ratio is very similar to some of his elite peers in that list.

It's no fluke that Rooney is in that esteemed company....He is simply one of the greatest strikers to have ever played in Europe.

and i am telling you he's had 85 league games more to get to that top echelon. give any of the top 5 on that list the same amount of minutes rooney has had and they would be 100+ goals higher than rooney.

rooney has played 85 full games more than henry & still he hasn't outscored henry or even cop more assists than henry. there's sheer number & there's efficiency. henry, ruud, drogba, ronaldo, shearer, etc are 100 times better than rooney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
Nihilist:

* and to think Henry, Shearer and RVP have been lone strikers which Rooney has never been.

* And to think Rooney is first a number 10 before a 9. Others are out and out 9.

* I wish they can use same stat to measure Ozil, Kagawa and other number 10s.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
If Valencia had played today, he would be the 2nd person being blamed. Is this what this thread is about?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
That salary argument is the most spurious one yet. Is he the only getting paid? There are so many other overpaid players in the squad and some of them are performing much worse than Rooney even if u factor in pay.

Ashley Young gets 118k per week and he is the 4 highest paid player in the team. Apart from worthless preseason games has he delivered on that salary? Mata is 3rd highest paid at 130k and has so far not convinced at all.

Llallana was on 35k in Southampton, Raheem Sterling is on 30K at Liverpool, Thomas Muller is on 85K, Pedro in Barcelona is on 60k, Iniesta is on 130K, Coutinho is on 35k at Liverpoool.

If we want to castigate only Rooney why can't Ashley Young at 118k per week give us similar play to Raheem Sterling or Pedro who are getting just a fraction of his bloated salary?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:14pm On Aug 16, 2014
nitrogen:
Don't mind me jare, Januzaj is a very good player, he deserves more playing time!

he's a raw talent.....
i am not sure we can afford to carry a passenger like him when results mean more to us now than the grooming of young players. januzaj has the rotten luck to have been born in the wrong decade. his career would have made more sense if he was here between 2007 & 2013.

Coogar is just one eccentric person, where others are facing, he prefers to back the place. All his Cleverly, Ashley Young, and others' hyping are just hillarious! The way he compares his buddies (dem Cleverly) to the likes of Kroos, is baffling. I hail you o, Coogs.

to whom much is given, so much more is expected. ronaldo would get a harsher criticism from me, same as messi. why? cos everyone expects so much from them. have you not seen me poleaxing messi's performance for argentina in the past?

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 10:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
Let's be sincere with ourselves, we have too many average players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
Last season, we played against Stoke. RVP was poor poorer poorest, but he scored a goal. The blame here was immediately pushed to Rooney. They told us RVP did his part and what did Rooney do. Rooney played as a number 10 in just about 20 mins and was moved to midfield when two defenders go injured.

Today, even with Rooney good play and a goal, he's being blamed. Nobody remembers someone played a number 10. Rooney is expected to score like Henry or Shearer from midfield or number 10, but Mata or Kagawa can fail from there. It's okay o.

** A week ago PSG came out openly to say they still want Rooney seriously. You guys should have sold him na.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 10:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
SailorXY:

What of young?

(1) (2) (3) ... (874) (875) (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) ... (14362) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.