Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,874 members, 7,976,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 11:42 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (879) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9234157 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) ... (14417) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:09am On Aug 17, 2014
^^^It is the truth!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 6:09am On Aug 17, 2014
Nihilist: Same Rooney that is only a goal away from equalling Henry's EPL total flatters to deceive?

Wetin man no go read for this thread?
You shouldn't be surprised by that, you should have known the group of people that never see anything good in the guy, even when every other players had bad games Rooney takes the blame, they even told he would be the first player to be shipped out when LVG arrives, but today we know better.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 8:10am On Aug 17, 2014
coogar: this premier league is crazy. no home team won a league game so far. i hope this trend extends till later in the evening. i want to camp at arsenal thread when palace nukes their asšes at the emirates.

dear lord, give me this day to gloat. smiley

How market once again? Arsenal was the only home team to win their match at home.

Have you checked the EPL table today? cool

Swansea 'beeches'..... cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pkasso(m): 8:22am On Aug 17, 2014
Away from all the
Rooney drama, did anyone else see that vine of a bird shitting in Ashley Young's mouth grin? I've heard tales of birds shitting on people's heads but that was just
priceless! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coded01: 9:03am On Aug 17, 2014
Pataki:

How market once again? Arsenal was the only home team to win their match at home.

Have you checked the EPL table today? cool

Swansea 'beeches'..... cheesy cheesy

Wicked... grin grin grin

Leave my faithful man utd supporters alone... grin --- they remain loyal... grin

Back to back opening match defeats! shocked embarassed --- No Shaking! Vidal on the rescue... grin

Demm! Karma is a ............ grin tongue grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:37am On Aug 17, 2014

"Our wins in the United States and our win against Valencia... The expectations are so high -- and I felt that in the first half because I saw a lot of players very nervous, making the wrong choices. That's a pity," Van Gaal told a news conference.

"These players have to get used to those expectations, because it's Manchester United... You have to cope with that pressure, but that is also a process."

Van Gaal said the defeat could have a crushing effect on his team's confidence.

"When you have (pre-season) preparation time and you win everything and then in your first match you lose - it cannot be worse I believe," said the Dutchman. We built up a lot of confidence and it will be smashed down because of this result."

Van Gaal has made no secret of his hope to add some more new faces to his team and he confirmed that desire, but stressed it had little do with the loss to the Welsh side.

"I thought that before this match also. When we were playing in the USA, I thought the same. "I know in what positions we need better players, but you have to buy only when the player can fulfil the way of playing that I ask," he added.

I can safely interpret the bolded to mean he hasn't given Woodward any comprehensive "wish-list" as yet!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:58am On Aug 17, 2014
coogar:

that is because some pundits will never agree the fat scouser is an overrated featherweight! 11 seasons at united and yet he's never made the top 5 in ballon d'or or FIFA player award.

rubbish!

That's how highly he is regarded nowadays... well, our elder talk am - in the country of the blind... ... ...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:08am On Aug 17, 2014
pkasso: Away from all the
Rooney drama, did anyone else see that vine of a bird shitting in Ashley Young's mouth grin? I've heard tales of birds shitting on people's heads but that was just
priceless! grin

someone said it wasn't a bird.....that the ref was testing the vanishing spray.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:09am On Aug 17, 2014
In attack, it was too ponderous and too hesitant. Paul Scholes said on BT Sport: 'When we blitzed teams in the past, it was all about pace. Today, it's all nicey-nicey and taking too many touches.

I agree with Scholes here. Touches should be accompained with pace. This is EPL where possession alone gives you nothing. Ask Arsenal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:12am On Aug 17, 2014
coded01:

Wicked... grin grin grin

Leave my faithful man utd supporters alone... grin --- they remain loyal... grin

Back to back opening match defeats! shocked embarassed --- No Shaking! Vidal on the rescue... grin

Demm! Karma is a ............ grin tongue grin
Your nightmare grin Vidal to United
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:46am On Aug 17, 2014
chrisley024: Cos most comments are against Rooney? Seriously don't know why you take the thing more personal than Rooney. If you wanted to leave the thread I think this is the best time cos u should expect more of it now he's the captain. Coogar just got more to criticise him with.

Mine is that I'm fed up with it.

I wish Coogar goodluck. All his sentiments against Rooney where has it landed. Nil. Total waste of time and talent. Rooney will be a spare tire in 2013. What happened?
Rooney should be benched in the world cup. What happened.
Rooney will be sold 'cos we now have a non English coach. What happened.
Same Rooney is being promoted by his three lions mates to be given captain. Same with Ex internationals and English journalists.

Is it not obvious some people don't know what they are saying here? Anyway they can carry on. Every argument must end with Rooney. Every mistake he makes on the pitch is immediately recorded here in live match.

It's not enjoyable reading comments here because they are not objective. This is not a Man United thread.

Meanwhile, Moyes has started talking..... It looks like the man was right sef when he said the team needed overhaul and even SAF couldn't have won anything again with the average players we have.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:54am On Aug 17, 2014
codedguy1:

When you post things like this, you just expose how immature you are!

Air you view and let others do their's and stop making sweeping statements like you are victim of circumstances.

You are the one who is immature. How did my post affect you? Can't you just ignore? Can't you see you guys derail post match analysis with your biased condemnation of Rooney? What is the essence of the thread if post match analysis aren't allowed to flow but stalled with senseless Rooney blame? Scapegoat of certain players at the expense of real culprits. Jones who rescued us from humiliation yesterday was again scapegoat, while Ashley Young was praised.

You guys should carry on. Run a million page on Wayne Rooney. Nobody in Old Trafford cares about these biased views.

Keep it up, keep it up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:19am On Aug 17, 2014
^^^

My friend stop talking as if your brain has been quarantined from suspicion of Ebola.

You keep equating coogars opion on Rooney as everybody's opinion. Have peeps here not expressed their opinon about Rooney that supports you and there are others who also support coogars opinion about Rooney.

Coogar praises Young to high heaven on this thread and there are many including myslf who think Young is a fraud! And have expressed it vehemently here.

So stop talking nonsense because a few pple agree with coogar on Rooney.

The diff btw you and coogar is he will defend his position no matter what is said about his opinion but you on the other hand pple just wanna gang up against when there are pple who also hold your view on some issues. No when coogar says something, against your opinion, to you- its the opinion on the thread and you start whinning.

Stop telling us you are tired of this place everytime, please do something about it!

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 11:22am On Aug 17, 2014
elampiro:
Meanwhile, Moyes has started talking..... .

He had this to say about Rooney....

‘Because of where he’s at now as a player. I think in time he may develop into a midfield player. He’s a great centre-forward but in the coming years I can see that happening."

www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2726774/DAVID-MOYES-EXCLUSIVE-Manchester-United-never-gave-time-succeed-fail.html
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:36am On Aug 17, 2014
keep it clean, fellas!

i can never be afraid to air out my opinions. if rooney happens to be in the same room as me, i would tell him to his face he's shyte.....even rooney himself must know he's shyte without anyone telling him.

rooney is gold, rooney is platinum but a teenager called raheem sterling pushed rooney out of the no.10 position. hell, half of britain wanted rooney out of the team cos they felt he's past his prime. what's there to celebrate in a player that was better at 18 than he's ever been in his 20s?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 11:37am On Aug 17, 2014
elampiro:

You are the one who is immature. How did my post affect you? Can't you just ignore? Can't you see you guys derail post match analysis with your biased condemnation of Rooney? What is the essence of the thread if post match analysis aren't allowed to flow but stalled with senseless Rooney blame? Scapegoat of certain players at the expense of real culprits. Jones who rescued us from humiliation yesterday was again scapegoat, while Ashley Young was praised.

You guys should carry on. Run a million page on Wayne Rooney. Nobody in Old Trafford cares about these biased views.

Keep it up, keep it up.

Bros, if you feel there won't be bias on threads like this, think again. There will always be People with different mindsets who will always see things from different perspectives- hence the arguments even on issues that seem crystal clear to the majority.

The fact that you constantly hype Valencia and jones as our best players, further buttresses my point. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:46am On Aug 17, 2014
codedguy1: My friend stop talking as if your brain has been quarantined from suspicion of Ebola.

You keep equating coogars opion on Rooney as everybody's opinion. Have peeps here not expressed their opinon about Rooney that supports you and there are others who also support coogars opinion about Rooney.

Coogar praises Young to high heaven on this thread and there are many including myslf who think Young is a fraud!

So talk talking nonsense because a few pple agree with coogar on Rooney.

The diff btw you and coogar is he will defend his position no matter what is said about his opinion but you on the other hand pple just wanna gang up against when thare are pple who also hold your view on some issues. No when coogar says something, against your opinion, to you- its the opinion on the thread and you start whinning.

Stop telling us you are tired of this place everytime, please do something about it!

Elampiro, if u disregard everything else said in this post, don't disregard the boldened. Your over use of generalization, is not helpful. Mention names, if their opinions gets under your skin. There is no firmly established group think on this thread. Even in agreement, various individuals still have differences.

STOP THE NEEDLESS GENERALIZATIONS.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 11:49am On Aug 17, 2014
montelik:

Elampiro, if u disregard everything else said in this post, don't disregard the boldened. Your over use of generalization, is not helpful. Mention names, if their opinions gets under your skin. There is no frimly established group think on this thread. Even in agreement, various individuals still have differences.

STOP THE NEEDLESS GENERALIZATIONS.
very true.
It makes arguing with him tedious.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hehehe.....see as this place hot die, I hope it won't always be this way every weekend.

Serious overhauling is needed, Fergie should have done this before he left, so sad!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
codedguy1:
^^^

My friend stop talking as if your brain has been quarantined from suspicion of Ebola.

You are a grade one slowpoke. After you foolishly opened your coconut head and washed your brain with salt and water with your belief you will become immune to ebola, nothing is left of your sense.

codedguy1:
^^^

Coogar praises Young to high heaven on this thread and there are many including myslf who think Young is a fraud! And have expressed it vehemently here.

So stop talking nonsense because a few pple agree with coogar on Rooney.

The diff btw you and coogar is he will defend his position no matter what is said about his opinion but you on the other hand pple just wanna gang up against when there are pple who also hold your view on some issues. No when coogar says something, against your opinion, to you- its the opinion on the thread and you start whinning.

How would it look like after every match I come here to blame RVP or Young, and then I have at least four disciples who blindly follow me week in week out for 18 months non stop? Then again I use it to interrupt every discussion. If I mentioned names, you would then see that there are constant disciples who really have no opinion of theirs.

I have never blamed any one player so badly after a match. 'Cos I know no one player can completely win or ruin a match. Bale and Modric wouldn't help Tottenham to win the EPL in a thousand years. Messi or CR7 won't won't even achieve that.

Here it's same thing every day.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
yesterday's loss is overrated!

let's not forget we were missing about 9 players and we were using makeshift players everywhere.

until we have everyone else back, i think it's premature to assess this team. if we had evans & rafael, we won't have blackett & young playing in the back four.

we miss our talisman - van persie!
every team would miss van persie & welbeck in a game like yesterday. we didn't lose cos van gaal is useless, we didn't lose cos of the formation......we lost cos we had to patch up a team to play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 1:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
elampiro:
You are a grade one slowpoke. After you foolishly opened your coconut head and washed your brain with salt and water with your belief you will become immune to ebola, nothing is left of your sense.

Its now obvious you are the retarded guinean fruitbat that has caused the latest scourge ravaging west Africa.

Bloody twunt!

elampiro:

How would it look like after every match I come here to blame RVP or Young, and then I have at least four disciples who blindly follow me week in week out for 18 months non stop? Then again I use it to interrupt every discussion. If I mentioned names, you would then see that there are constant disciples who really have no opinion of theirs.
I have never blamed any one player so badly after a match. 'Cos I know no one player can completely win or ruin a match. Bale and Modric wouldn't help Tottenham to win the EPL in a thousand years. Messi or CR7 won't won't even achieve that.
Here it's same thing every day.

Listen to yuorself for a min or two. You would realize that you are a consumate pleb!

You do a lot of diservice to those who share your opinion on issues as nonentities because you are pained about others that support someone else.

You must realise that pple will have diff of opinions and be biased with them. If you can't handle that I suggest you find the nearest flight and head back to guinea where you trully belong.

What do u want from this thread, that everyone should follow your opinion and everythin would be sweet and dandy cos we are all on the same page?

If someone continues to insist that Rooney is shyte, with his own fact, why can't you continue to state ur own opinion with your facts or take your own advise and ignore it.

Stop being a sissy!!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2014
codedguy, e don do na
the issue is done & dusted, we should be looking at who to bring in & assess the new faces. this bickering will not achieve nada.

what do you think of blackett? apart from letting bony take the freekick that led to the second goal, he was flawless yesterday.

lingard also tried his best before he got injured. should we keep the young lads or send them on loan to the bottom teams?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2014
codedguy1:

Its now obvious you are the retarded guinean fruitbat that has caused the latest scourge ravaging west Africa.

Bloody twunt!

You were so gullible and brainless that you foolishly washed away whatever little sense left in your brain with salt and water. You aren't making sense again. When did elampiro visit Guinea?

codedguy1:

Listen to yuorself for a min or two. You would realize that you are a consumate pleb!

You do a lot of diservice to those who share your opinion on issues as non entities because there are others that support someone else.

You must realise that pple will have diff of opinions and be biased with them. If you can't handle that I suggest you find the nearest flight and head back to guinea where you trully belong.

What do u want from this thread, that everyone should follow your opinion and everythin would be sweet and dandy cos we are all on the same page?

If someone continues to insist that Rooney is shyte, with his own fact, why can't you continue to state ur own opinion with your facts or take your own advise and ignore it.

Stop being a sissy!!

Did I tell you I need loyalists? I don't brainwash or manipulate people.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dhelake: 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
I honestly agree with codedguy1, elampiro sees everything like "Me against the rest". I might be wrong though
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dhelake: 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
Where is Nihilist to come hype this new battle
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:46pm On Aug 17, 2014
Dhelake: I honestly agree with codedguy1, elampiro sees everything like "Me against the rest". I might be wrong though

I guess you weren't here at this time last season. There's a history. I thought that had been put behind, but......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dhelake: 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
elampiro:

I guess you weren't here at this time last season. There's a history. I thought that had been put behind, but......

Okay
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dhelake: 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
Rooney presently earns more than Ronaldo and Messi, No performance is too much to be expected from him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 1:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
coogar: codedguy, e don do na
the issue is done & dusted, we should be looking at who to bring in & assess the new faces. this bickering will not achieve nada.

what do you think of blackett? apart from letting bony take the freekick that led to the second goal, he was flawless yesterday.

lingard also tried his best before he got injured. should we keep the young lads or send them on loan to the bottom teams?

Truth be told we have found ourselves in an unfamiliar place and it aint comfortable.
LvG is the only thing that is keeping hope alive now! I think.

Blacket, lingard, James are decent guys but we don't need them to play a lot of games thes season, they should be playing in FA cup and the rest.

We need to buy marquee players especially defenders, but again anyone we buy form outside the EPL will have to adapt to it and then adapt to the new formation with 3defenders if that's the route LvG wants to take.

We are supposed to be Man United rubbing shoulders with the likes of RM, Barca and Bayern yet we have pple like Young, Cleverly, Fellaini, Valencia, Nani etc manning our wings and midfield. Compare that to RM, bayern and Barca- Ronaldo, shweini, Robbery, muller, iniesta, xavi,Lahm, Messi, Bale, James, Alonso, busquets, Kroos, even isco sef.

We have a lot of featherweight in that team, but I trust LvG sha.

In the Moyes era we gave him sometime, so make i give LvG 2months, except he does not desrve it because THIS IS LOUIS VAN GAAL THE MASTER TACTICIAN!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:07pm On Aug 17, 2014
Dhelake: Rooney presently earns more than Ronaldo and Messi, No performance is too much to be expected from him

There's a difference between a constructive criticism and a malicious one.

However, Rooney doesn't earn higher than those guys. Even when Rooney and RVP were at £250k last season, the blames went to Rooney, wholly. Every goal RVP scored was praised and embellished with best grammar from Oxford dictionary, irrespective of whether we won or lost or even whether he played well. When Rooney scored, it has to be labeled a fluke.

You will soon see such comments on this thread once RVP resumes 'goal Man United- RVP shows Rooney how it's done'. Similar comments will follow from these same set of people here. At times their malicious comments would forget one is a top 9 while the other is a hole player in a 4-2-3-1 set up.

Too bad!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 2:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
elampiro and coogar

if one says black d other says white
one say head , d other will shout tail sad shocked sad
dem swear for una angry ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (876) (877) (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) ... (14417) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MRTA7 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.