Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,660 members, 7,921,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 03:23 AM

How to know people who are new to watching football - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How to know people who are new to watching football (2608 Views)

Conversation Between Husband And Wife watching Football Match / Which Football Player Made You To Start Watching Football? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 7:33am On Nov 01, 2007
one thing i noticed now is that all EPL lovers hardly post reply here. Now that we are talking of real futbal, italian and german futbal, they have nothing to say. could this be because they have nothing to say or they just started watching futball?

From the 'Who is the world best coach" thread I think it should be on this thread
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by somze(f): 7:48am On Nov 01, 2007
So if I choose to reply only in Chelsea thread and ignore your rants about Arsenal being a mid-table team and EPL being crap it means I know nothing about football abi? lol

Since I rarely see you on Chelsea thread, it means you know nothing about Chelsea . . . from your logic.

Na wa.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by tkb417(m): 7:56am On Nov 01, 2007
oh my dayyyyyzzz. Gwad!!!
sence of a 10 year kid. its appalling.
ive not seen you post on United, Chelsea thread means you know nothing about the EPL right?
this is a carpenter talking. No sence at all
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 8:21am On Nov 01, 2007
I rarely go to threads of new generation teams like Chelsea. Let them stand the test of time before we can take note of them. I still visit Man Utd and Liverpool

threads but Chelsea? Not yet. When they grow up and have maybe one UCL in their shelve I would. A lot of teams have come up like that and gone back

e.g Dortmund, Lazio, Athletico Madrid, AZ Almaar e.t.c.

@ TKB every 10 yr old in Nigeria knows about Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd. grin grin Or peeps who started footie 10 years ago and below.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by tkb417(m): 8:36am On Nov 01, 2007
its good for a 10year old that knows about the teams of the moment. it will help them in the future when arguing with a mofo like you.

see, like i said in the other thread, u only make noise and feel important discussing old soccer. i feel good discussing whats happening to my team now. If you have got problems with that, hang yourself. Please, i can challenge you and your team on any league in the world except the Bundesliga.

So, you can start firing.

PS: you only make noise, can you remember the question you asked Jackal?
the Four clubs that have won all european trophies?
check the thread and the post and dont edit it

I corrected you that we only have THREE not FOUR as you wrongly posted
For the records again, i tkb told you
Bayern,Juventus and Ajax have won all three trophies.

Im game for more from you and im sure i can sink you and whoever will partner you
Nonsence
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 9:09am On Nov 01, 2007
the Four clubs that have won all european trophies?
check the thread and the post and don't edit it

I corrected you that we only have THREE not FOUR as you wrongly posted
For the records again, i tkb told you
Bayern,Juventus and Ajax have won all three trophies.

I'm game for more from you and im sure i can sink you and whoever will partner you
Nonsence

Yeah Bayern Munich, Juventus, Ajax have won all 3 but regarding the one I withheld back, I did not tell you that Barcelona won the UEFA cup Winners Cup in 1989 and The

Fairs cup that Metamorphosed into the UEFA cup in 1966. Key learning point for you. You see the effect of half education? grin tongue
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by tkb417(m): 9:24am On Nov 01, 2007
I did not tell you that Barcelona won the UEFA cup Winners Cup in 1989 and The

you are the biggest olodo of all time

see
Barcelona has won two european trophies
UCL and UEFA CUP WINNERS CUP

There are three of them that Bayern, Juve and Ajax have all won

UCL, UEFA CUP and the Winners cup
Spot the difference or go back to school!!!

Inter-cities fair cup
Olodo ni e for sure
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by somze(f): 9:47am On Nov 01, 2007
Guys, guys

Its ok na, there are no awards for right or wrong answers oh.

I feel we derailed from the original purpose of this forum, where we share views, knowledge and learn something new.

Lets drop this stance of I know it all and every other person does not wink wink
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 9:55am On Nov 01, 2007
@ TKB,
You are just embarrassing me in Public because if people should ask who taught you all this you would mention my name but I swear to God i didn't teach you this

balderdash!! grin grin

So West germany won the world cup not Germany how come they say Germany has won 3 world cup when West germany won it.

Yugoslavia won the Under 21 in Chile 1987 how come they refer to Serbia as a past winner? USSR won the Olympics, U-17 and U-21 how come they now

refer to the winner as Russia and not USSR? Same with Czech Republic and not Czechoslovakia. So Mary Onyali won Not Mary Onyali-Omagbemi, So Carling cup is not the same as Worthinton cup?

But Man Utd won Barclays, Barclaycard and carling Premiership how come they add them??
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 10:01am On Nov 01, 2007
Thanx Somze,

TKB na my person he just like to come to the net to get at me so I try to clarify things with him and put him to order.

Sharing knowledge is the beauty of a forum like this and this should not be lost a lot of things are learnt when you argue cos both parties would bring up

facts to back up their position thats why I never shy away from an intellectual argument.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by tkb417(m): 10:18am On Nov 01, 2007
@Dayokanu
nooooo way. W/Germany competed in the same competition and they changed their name, Mary Onyali too had a name change but in this case, the competition can be likened to KING FAHD cup that wasnt an initiative of FIFA when it started and can you now say, its was a FIFA competition when it started? NO

Inter-cities fairs cup isnt regarded as a UEFA competition and it cant be called such.
We have just three
UCL,WInners Cup and the UEFA

PS: we dont have the winners cup anymore and i still counted Barcelona to have won it. So gerrit and sleep

@Somze
its beer and women thats affecting his brain. he used to be a brilliant boi but not anymore grin grin
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 10:33am On Nov 01, 2007
The FIFA Confederations Cup is a football tournament for national teams, held every four years by FIFA. It is contested by the winners of each of the six FIFA confederation championships (CAF, CONMEBOL, UEFA, AFC, OFC, CONCACAF), along with the FIFA World Cup champion and the host country, to bring the number of teams up to eight. Artemio Franchi Trophy and 1980 Mundialito, or Copa D'Oro, are its precursors. When the World Cup champion is also winner of its confederation championship, then the World Cup runner-up also enters the Confederations Cup, ensuring eight teams for the tournament. In the 2005 tournament, however, Brazil, as World Cup champion, and World Cup runner-up Germany, as host, had qualified. When Brazil also won the Copa América, the vacant eighth spot was awarded to Argentina, runner-up in the Copa América.

The tournament was originally organised by and held in Saudi Arabia and called the King Fahd Cup, contested in 1992 and 1995 by the Saudi national side and some continental champions. In 1997, FIFA took over the organization of the tournament, named it the FIFA Confederations Cup and staged the competition every two years. From 2005, the tournament is to be held once in every four years, one year prior to each World Cup in the host country of the forthcoming World Cup. The Confederation Cup is now considered a dress-rehearsal for the World Cup it precedes. The 2009 tournament will take place in South Africa.

Go to wikipedia and type confederations cup you would notice that the winners of the King Fahd cup were included. Also look up UEFA cup and below it they

included The fairs cup So who the hell is TKB to go against authorities like UEFA.com and wikipedia.com
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by tkb417(m): 10:38am On Nov 01, 2007
@Dayokanu
errrm, read my posts well or you cant see again. I said before FIFA took over grin grin grin
Read again my friend.
And moreover, are you ok with the Inter-Cities fair competition?
any knowledge gained? grin grin

Dont take it to the confederations cup. we dont have issues with that. Ok?
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by tkb417(m): 10:41am On Nov 01, 2007
@Dayokanu
errrm, read my posts well or you cant see again. I said before FIFA took over grin grin grin
Read again my friend.
And moreover, are you ok with the Inter-Cities fair competition?
any knowledge gained? grin grin

Dont take it to the confederations cup. we dont have issues with that. Ok?
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 11:43am On Nov 01, 2007
@TKB,
You were the first to mention King Fah'D cup and you goofed with the analogy once again. Thats one error too many on this sport section try and discuss

Romance maybe you would thrive well in your area of competence on
IGBIN
de (Caught you) grin grin
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 11:47am On Nov 01, 2007
You were the first to mention King Fah'D cup and you goofed with the analogy once again. Thats one error too many on this sport section try and discuss

Romance maybe you would thrive well in your area of competence on[b]IGBIN[/b]de (caught you) grin grin grin
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by tkb417(m): 1:27pm On Nov 01, 2007
@Dayokanu
On[b]igbin[/b]de
who be dat? you berra watch what you say before den block this thing.

I said King fahd cup initially wasnt a FIFA organized competition but was taken over by FIFA(1997) and na you goof no be me. Barcelona cant be called a UEFA cup winner. Thats the point. OK?

Anywayz, forget all these things.
Im waiting for gabrielgb and the rest so we can start serie A since you guys want me to show my stuffs. Ill gladly show some skillz. Not Igbin as you like to say grin grin grin

PS: because of you guys, i havent gone to United thread to answer the Gaynners.
Anywayz, no wahala
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by chuckdee4(m): 1:47pm On Nov 01, 2007
Dayo face the facts n save ur self the trouble.
2 mid table finishes out of 5 seasons don't make Arsenal a mid table team.
Are u trying to say that if United finished in 12th position for the next 2 years that they'll become a mid table team. You can't measure facts like these over the course of 2 years, besides both mid table finishes were not done consecutively so how can u call them a mid table team.
To be a mid table team u must finish in that position constantly over a reasonable period of time, something Arsenal has not done so give it a rest ok
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by folahann(m): 8:13pm On Nov 01, 2007
chuckdee4:

Dayo face the facts n save your self the trouble.
2 mid table finishes out of 5 seasons don't make Arsenal a mid table team.
Are u trying to say that if United finished in 12th position for the next 2 years that they'll become a mid table team. You can't measure facts like these over the course of 2 years, besides both mid table finishes were not done consecutively so how can u call them a mid table team.
To be a mid table team u must finish in that position constantly over a reasonable period of time, something Arsenal has not done so give it a rest ok
Okay
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by eldee(m): 9:37pm On Nov 01, 2007
yeah, i thought we settled that already?
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by folahann(m): 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2007
All taken, Arsenal is not a new generation of Team
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by ehizario2012: 11:51pm On Feb 17, 2022
Post from 2007! Wow. That's 15 yrs old really
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dododawa1: 12:44am On Feb 18, 2022
SHOUTING when watching football

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Dont Know 'bout Tommorow's Results, But Give It It Up 4 The Serbinator / Where To Buy Cheap Used Basketball Shoes In Lagos / #who Will Win The Next World Best Player#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.