Stats: 3,201,546 members, 7,978,794 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 02:19 PM

How to know people who are new to watching football - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How to know people who are new to watching football (2621 Views)

Conversation Between Husband And Wife watching Football Match / Which Football Player Made You To Start Watching Football? (2) (3) (4)

Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by ritchboy(m): 11:48am On Oct 29, 2007
dayo,
arsenal won the league 97-98,and finished outside the top 5 only twice in the 5 seasons prior 2 dat.So how can u say they were a "mid table team"? Perhaps ur d 1 who doesnt undastand english.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2007
A club finished

1992/93 - 10th
1993/94 - 4th
1994/95 12th
1995/96- 5th
1996/97- 3rd

A team that had those kin of placing in a 5 year period what do you call them? Top gun?
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by ritchboy(m): 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2007
so they hav 2 bad seasons and theyre a mid table team? So i gues bayern munich are a uefa cup team. damn,too many daft people up in here.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by Vieira(m): 12:12pm On Oct 29, 2007
Dayokanu, you are a mumu.

89 - Arsenal 4th
90 - Arsenall 1st
91 - Arsenal 4th
92 - Arsenal 10th
93 - Arsenal 4th
94 - Arsenal 12th
95 - Arsenal 5th
96 - From here onwards nothing lower than 4th, so no need for me to even state this.

So even if we take your stupid 10 - 15 years period, which is 92 - 97 only twice did we fall outside the top 5??
That is mid table to you?

plus what about pre-92 or maybe you are a "newbie" and cannot remember that far back.

Welll I have listed upto 1989 above for you, if you want I will list our 70's achievements.

nonsense and ingredients.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by ritchboy(m): 12:17pm On Oct 29, 2007
Vieira,
dont mind d yeye idiot.I'm starting to wonder if hes jackal in disguise.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 1:00pm On Oct 29, 2007
Whether you like it or nor Arsenal is far from being an European elite. They are one of the numerous second rate team in Europe. Even teams like Nottingham forest had their period of triumph Arsenal never had that is a fact

A team that comes 5th in a league is among the top guns then Tottenham is among the top guns in the EPL. Between 1992 and 1997 3rd was too much for Arsenal. 5th to

me is mediocre good 1987/88 6th position.

This is a club that was playing knockout stage of the UCL just recently and got beyond the q-finals for the first time in their entire lifetime in 2006. What a shame.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by ritchboy(m): 1:33pm On Oct 29, 2007
Dayo,
u must be the biggest FOOL on this forum.I seriously doubt u no the meaning of the word "elite",if u did then u woudnt hav typed dat trash.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 2:01pm On Oct 29, 2007
Dayo,
[b]u must be the biggest FOOL on this forum.[/b]I seriously doubt u no the meaning of the word "elite",if u did then u woudnt hav typed that trash.

I would be like the tenth person you would call a fool. Is it not disturbing to you that everybody else but you is a fool??

You know, if a mad man is on the street every body would look mad to him and he woul be the only sane person.

Meanwhile what is the definition of elite? if I may ask?
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by ritchboy(m): 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2007
Dayo,
"elite" means the best among a group.So arsenal arent among the best teams in europe?Yet u wonder why i call u a FOOL.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by bolaoni(m): 3:01pm On Oct 29, 2007
Thanks Viera for the post.

Dayo, FYI, b4 the Premiership came into being, it was called the FA League or something. That is what I am refering to and as you can see from Viera's post, Arsenal was the last team to win that league before the Premiership era tongue

Get your facts straight man. The gooners weren't a mid table team in your own estimation. wink
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by tkb417(m): 3:22pm On Oct 29, 2007
@Dayokanu
i warned you before you started this your mid-table thingy. Arsenal has got fans even under planet earth. They will eat you raw.
Meanwhile, i disagree with you calling Arsenal a mid-table team. They have always been a top team in England
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 3:39pm On Oct 29, 2007
Dayo, FYI, before the Premiership came into being, it was called the FA League or something. That is what I am refering to and as you can see from Viera's post, Arsenal was the last team to win that league before the Premiership era Tongue

Get your facts straight man. The gooners weren't a mid table team in your own estimation.

@ Bolaoni, The 1st fact you tried to give on this forum and you got it wrong. Leeds was the last team to win the league before the premiership 1991/92. Try and come up with genuine facts not beer parlour facts!!!

A team that was twice in 5 years outside top 8 is not a mid table team, A team who never made top 3 in 5 years is not a mid table team. Then what is a mid table team?

As caustic as it may seem, Prior to the coming of Arsene Wenger, Arsenal was not a strong team in the new EPL from 1992 to 1997, they were one of the also rans the league facts are pointers to that.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by Vieira(m): 3:55pm On Oct 29, 2007
10 In a table of 20 teams mid-table means around 8 - 12

So if a team has 2 mid - table finishes in your narrow 5 year gap and 3 top tier finishes

we will choose the 2 years abi? and ignore the other 3 years?

God have mercy!
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by ritchboy(m): 3:59pm On Oct 29, 2007
Dayo,
stop showcasing your DAFTness here.u ask wat a mid table team is? A mid table team is a team dat USUALLY finishes in the middle of the table.So tell me when arsenal usually finished mid table.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2007
@ Richboi,

13 years ago and 15 years ago and I said 10-15 yrs ago Arsenal was a mid table team! What is not clear in that statement.

Even All the people you call fools and daft can understand. yet you can't
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by ritchboy(m): 5:08pm On Oct 29, 2007
Dayo,
u must b d DAFTest slowpoke known to man.if u cant diferentiate between a "mid table team" and a "mid table finish" then i hav nutin more to say to u.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Oct 29, 2007
Okay differentiate btw mid table teams and mid table finish . What makes a mid table team is it not mid table finish or a top of table team can be called mid table.

So much for your intelligence or Lack of it. Amazing to say the least.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by ritchboy(m): 6:02pm On Oct 29, 2007
Dayo,
u just cant resist d urge to display ur daftness.a mid table team is a team dat USUALY ends up mid table.A mid table finish means finishing in the middle of the table in a particular season.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by A40(m): 6:56pm On Oct 29, 2007
What more can i say some people have been dumb from the start
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by eldee(m): 8:17pm On Oct 29, 2007
@dayo

You say Arsenal has no cred in europe, i understand your point but UEFA doesn't agree with u. We get seeded every f***ing year.

And about our mid-table credentials let's see;
Maybe u're forgetting that 1988/1989 we were League Champions. Wonderful comeback for a mid-table team innit?

Okay Let me break it down for you.

1992/1993  We were tenth in the league and won both The FA Cup and the League Cup
1993/1994  4th in League but Cup Winners' Cup Winners
1994/1995  12th but Cup Winners' Cup Runners-up
1995/1996  5th in Premiership(Worst Ever Season In Premiership And fired The Manager)
1996/1997  3rd In Premiership
1997/1998  Won Premiership And FA Cup, Semi-Finalists In The League Cup

I might not be good at managing teams but I know for one fact that if Martin Jol gave this kind of record, he will still be at White Hart Lane now. I mean even Spurs will be proud of this sort of 'mid-table' credentials.
1995  Runners-up in the Cup-Winners Cup
15 years ago, Fourth but we were Cup Winners' Cup Champions

@richboy
the fact that u keep exposing dayo's err,  not too high IQ is a waste of time. If he really wanted to understand a mid-table team, he'll have ordered an Everton DVD.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by folahann(m): 8:39pm On Oct 29, 2007
Just take look before you make a decision.
After all this, what can you say about Chelsea, what do youhave for the Blues
Drop that arguement about arsenal and face the fact
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by eldee(m): 9:27pm On Oct 29, 2007
Now we're talking there is not much difference between arsenal and chelsea only that Arsenal has won twenty-three more trophies than Chelsea. And in that last ten years we won seven leagues right in front of thier eyes.
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by dayokanu(m): 6:43am On Oct 30, 2007
@dayo

You say Arsenal has no cred in europe, i understand your point but UEFA doesn't agree with u. We get seeded every f***ing year.

Another factual blunder!! when did UEFA start seeding Arsenal? Nobody would think of seeding Arsenal 7 years ago so what do you mean by every year.

And about our mid-table credentials let's see;
Maybe u're forgetting that 1988/1989 we were League Champions. Wonderful comeback for a mid-table team innit?

Blackburn won the league sometime back that makes them a top team right. Even in the 90's is Blackburn a top team?

@richboy
the fact that u keep exposing dayo's err, not too high IQ is a waste of time. If he really wanted to understand a mid-table team, he'll have ordered an Everton DVD.

2007 Everton was 6th, 2006; 11th, 2005 ;4th, You agree they a mid table and Arsenal who between 92 and 97 are moving between 4th and 12th is not mid table

is that not shifting the goal post?
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by tkb417(m): 8:30am On Oct 30, 2007
@Dayokanu
quit this thing. Arsenal has always been a top team.
Count the number of championship they have won, pre-premiership inclusive and you'll get an idea a mid-table team wont achieve such.

PS: They will tear you into pieces if you dont stop grin
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by A40(m): 11:17am On Oct 30, 2007
@tkb
Tell him o!
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by eldee(m): 12:51pm On Oct 30, 2007
1992/1993 won both The FA Cup and the League Cup
1993/1994 Cup Winners' Cup Winners
1994/1995 Cup Winners' Cup Runners-up
1995/1996 5th in Premiership(Worst Ever Season In Premiership And fired The Manager)
1996/1997 3rd In Premiership
1997/1998 Won Premiership And FA Cup, Semi-Finalists In The League Cup

i don't understand how a team that wins trophies can still be mid table. Everton didn't win the FA cup and league cup in those seasons, they didn't evn reach the quater finals of any european competition and they've not won 40 trophies in thier history (i.e with community shields) that's the simple reason why they are called mid-table team, got that?

if we don't sit down and reason wiv each other thier is no need wasting time on the topic, aight?
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by akinalabi(m): 1:11pm On Oct 30, 2007
You know those that have just started watching
football when you tell them great things that have
haven't in the past and they wave you away and
yell, STORY!

Akin Alabi
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by eldee(m): 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2007
lol, akin u got that so, so right
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by folahann(m): 11:08pm On Oct 30, 2007
let the history speak.
Wait! it seems chelsea fans are lost here, they couldn't defend their team
See how Arsenal fans turned out
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by ov: 11:16pm On Oct 30, 2007
reminds me of wen i was arguing in camp with some other corpers which team had the most champions league trophies in england. one idiot said Chelsea. HEH HEH HEH. we all know Liverpool has the most champions league titles in england
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by somze(f): 11:22pm On Oct 30, 2007
innocent error undecided wink
Re: How to know people who are new to watching football by bolaoni(m): 5:09am On Oct 31, 2007
eh ya dayo,

I have always thought Leeds won the first Prem o. undecided

Maybe because I was obsessed with the Great Cantona then grin grin

But no matter what, Arsenal no be midtable team sha wink

Fifa U-17 World Cup:n6m Goes Missing At Lagos Centre / Utaka Pleads For Starting Role For The Super Eagles / Who Remebers Samuel Etoo's Stint With Real Madrid?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53