Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,858 members, 7,909,223 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 08:10 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (115897 Views)

Poll: Is self-service a sin?

Yes: 68% (73 votes)
No: 19% (21 votes)
I don't know: 11% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by freshcvv(m): 5:59pm On Feb 20, 2012
[size=18pt][b]Lust and Masturbation

Matthew 5:28 "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

I realize it is possible to practice masturbation without lusting. It is undoubtedly difficult, but yet, possible. Some say they do it as a “biological release,” but without thinking about anyone or lusting over anyone in particular.

However, many find it difficult to do so without lusting, especially those who are addicted to the practice. This is because they feel there is a "need" to do it on a regular basis to fulfill lustful desires. Christians (usually) understand sex outside of marriage to be sinful. The Bible teaches that it is (Hebrews 13:4; II Corinthians 12:21; Galatians 5:19-21). So, we may “substitute” the adultery and fornication with masturbation in such a way that it simply replaces the act itself. Jesus says that in doing so, you have committed it in your heart (Matthew 5:28). You lusted and desired that person in such a way that you thought about and even acted out what you might do with that person if it were not a sin. One sin does not justify another.

Galatians 5:16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father but is of the world.

Addiction and Masturbation

I Corinthians 6:12 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. [/b][/size]

http://biblesays.faithsite.com/content.asp?CID=8357
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dare2think: 6:00pm On Feb 20, 2012
buzugee:

well if the wood is s-e-x-y why not ?  grin seriously though, you can self service and think of your spouse.

I agree, but I refuse you can think of nothing and still self-service. That's impossible, all our human actions starts from the brain.

@ poster above

Geez, why the large fonts? we are all not blind!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dipo1: 6:02pm On Feb 20, 2012
coogar:

the act itself is not a sin against God. it could be a sin against your own body. God has nothing to do with it.
pastor chris is very correct based on that. it only becomes a sin against God if you allow it to dominate you and stop you from worshipping God.
the act itself is what you do with yourself. you don't have to involve anyone with it.

i knew it. You Seri@l self-servicer  grin

Tbh honest, I agree with you. Whatever one does that doesn't stop him from worshiping God cannot be equated to sin.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by freshcvv(m): 6:03pm On Feb 20, 2012
Eph 5:3 (NIV) But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by buzugee(m): 6:04pm On Feb 20, 2012
dare2think:

I agree, but I refuse you can think of nothing and still self-service. That's impossible, all our human actions starts from the brain.

@ poster above

Geez, why the large fonts? we are all not blind!

actually you can think of nothing and self service but you will have to mentally focus on the task at hand and nothing else. like a mechanical duty that has to be performed to clean out the pipes  grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dipo1: 6:05pm On Feb 20, 2012
coogar:

the act itself is not a sin against God. it could be a sin against your own body. God has nothing to do with it.
pastor chris is very correct based on that. it only becomes a sin against God if you allow it to dominate you and stop you from worshipping God.
the act itself is what you do with yourself. you don't have to involve anyone with it.

i knew it. You Seri@l self-servicer grin

Tbh honest, I agree with you. Whatever one does that doesn't stop him from worshiping God cannot be equated to sin.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dare2think: 6:08pm On Feb 20, 2012
coogar:

but how is that enforceable? i think that would be too vague to enforce.
we cannot prohibit w@nking based on impure thoughts. it would be equivalent to prohibiting all forms of advertisement as it can provoke impure thoughts of material greed. there's a reason masturbati[i]o[/i]n was never mentioned in the bible. it's because it's perfectly legal.

if masturbat[i]i[/i]ng would prevent a man from going out there to r@pe, fornicate or commit adultery then by all means, let him jerk off.

Ofcourse I do agree, infact some studies, I read somewhere, shows that self-service@rs (lol), tend to cheat less.

I presume that can only be a good thing. However, that one self-services at the thoughts of a sister-inlaws' body might be contentious both spiritually and morally
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Rhea(f): 6:09pm On Feb 20, 2012
Going by Pastor Chris's logic, self-service.ing is not a sin as long as you do it while thinking of something holy eg, wanking in front of Pastor Chris's Sunday sermon. If while you are self-service.ing, you ca think of all the blessings that his sermon bestows on you, then keep self-service.ing till you come grin grin grin

Pastor Chris also reminds us (surprisingly by contradicting the bible) that "your body is yours and belongs to you, and has nothing to do with God", even when the same bible said something about the "body being the temple of God"; do not defile it etc etc etc etc.

Heehee!! grin grin

Chei!!!!!!

Judgement day go dey kpooo kpooo
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dipo1: 6:09pm On Feb 20, 2012
coogar:

i knew it. You Serial self-w@ankergrin

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by freshcvv(m): 6:09pm On Feb 20, 2012
Eph 5:3 (NIV) But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

I pray that through what we do know, and with the help of the Holy Spirit, that you will be able to conduct yourself in purity and wisdom concerning this matter.

Ro 6:13 (NIV) Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness.

Luke 14:28 (NIV) "Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it? For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule him, saying, 'This fellow began to build and was not able to finish.'"

1 Peter 4:1-2 (Wey) Since, then, Christ suffered in the flesh, you also must arm yourselves with a determination to do the same--because he who has suffered in the flesh has done with sin--that in the future you may spend the rest of your earthly lives, governed not by human passions, but by the will of God.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by coogar: 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2012
dare2think:

Ofcourse I do agree, infact some studies, I read somewhere, shows that self-service@rs (lol), tend to cheat less.

I presume that can only be a good thing. However, you cant tell me If one self-services at the thoughts of a sister-inlaws' body that that is right, both morally and spiritually!!

unfortunately, that is the issue with men. . . . .that an act itself is not sinful does not mean humans will not abuse it.
food is a gift from God but people still abuse food and get obese and become a general nuisance to the public. alcohol is not a sin but people drink to the point of misbehaving and it gives alcohol a bad name.

that is the same issue with having sex with one's self. . . . .a man who w@nks at the thoughts of a sister-in-law has done the act with impure thoughts.
the act is not the sin, his thoughts are the sin.
a man who drinks to stupor has abused himself with the drink. the drink is not the sin, his greed is.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by niddamugu(m): 6:15pm On Feb 20, 2012
In as much as I don't want to comment on this issue, I cannot help but say this:
1. Let us all be wise as Gamaliel - Acts 5v34-39, so that we don't sin.
2. Recently, our dear pastor has been troubled in his personal life. So I think he may not have been in the right frame of mind when he said.
3. One error begets another. He may not have any scriptural basis for these words but trust him, he would wiggle his way out.
4. I am a very principled christian. I cannot attend any church just like that. The "set man" must be ready to answer a lot of questions.
5. This is a typical sign of the end-time. People do not have time to study the "WORD" of God anymore. Whatever "the man" says is final. The berean brethren went back to check if the apostles were actually telling the truth - Acts 17v10-11.
6. I will not be surprised if we have lesbians and gays in that "church" in the name of "brotherly/sisterly love" - Heb. 13v1;Rom. 12v10;1 Thes. 4v9
7. They refuse to come to terms with truth and therefore easily deceived- 2 Tim. 3v7,13
8. Your "body" is the temple of the Holy Spirit (of God) - 1 Cor. 6v19
9. God will destroy whosoever defiles his temple (body) - 1 Cor. 3v17

I refuse to comment at all on this matter. The "man of God" is answerable only to the one who called him and not any one of you "castigating" him. Therefore sidon look. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by tuhott(f): 6:16pm On Feb 20, 2012
To each is own. Believe what you want to believe, so far it works for you and as long as you are not standing in my way who cares  cool cool
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dare2think: 6:16pm On Feb 20, 2012
buzugee:

actually you can think of nothing and self service but you will have to mentally focus on the task at hand and nothing else. like a mechanical duty that has to be performed to clean out the pipes  grin
HA HA H A

Experience??  wink

Anyway, if you say so.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dejiswaggs(m): 6:17pm On Feb 20, 2012
omo the man go dey self-service like mad! smiley smiley cheesy
(discover how to start a profitable internet business with little capital and little loss. For free info pls call 08038139038 now)
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 20, 2012
Are ladies allowed to mastur-bate too according to chris principle ?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
Is anyone here honest enough to admit they've ever masturbated without thinking of someone or something?

I wish I had that kind of disease  lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dare2think: 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
coogar:

unfortunately, that is the issue with men. . . . .that an act itself is not sinful does not mean humans will not abuse it.
food is a gift from God but people still abuse food and get obese and become a general nuisance to the public. alcohol is not a sin but people drink to the point of misbehaving and it gives alcohol a bad name.

that is the same issue with Being Intimate with one's self. . . . .a man who w@nks at the thoughts of a sister-in-law has done the act with impure thoughts.
the act is not the sin, his thoughts are the sin.
a man who drinks to stupor has abused himself with the drink. the drink is not the sin, his greed is.

lol @ the bold. ( sounds suffragett[i]y[/i])

I do agree with your post.  The thoughts are what matter.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by buzugee(m): 6:22pm On Feb 20, 2012
dare2think:

HA HA H A

Experience??  wink

Anyway, if you say so.
experience ? no. i am not a crazy man  grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Rhea(f): 6:23pm On Feb 20, 2012
niddamugu:

I refuse to comment at all on this matter. The "man of God" is answerable only to the one who called him and not any one of you "castigating" him. Therefore sidon look. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

, and keep Self-Service.i.n.g hard cheesy cheesy
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by seechris(m): 6:24pm On Feb 20, 2012
Sins against GOD almighty have been clearly spelt out in the bible,i wonder under what authority man has to label an act a sin when GOD almighty hasnt done that! This is a very controversial issue.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 20, 2012
When a man says something, then you read the 'Bible' and wonder what he meant, instead of hearing and wondering what the 'Bible' says, I fear for you,

I'm of the opinion that thoughts play a more important role on the 'morality' of our actions than we may ever assume. For example, the soldier vs the gangster,

What I strive to understand is this separation of masturbation adn thoughts. How can on be sexually aroused without thoughts? aroused enough to ejaculate? even wet dreams come with pictures for God's sake
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by danjohn: 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2012
[size=16pt]I agree with Pastor Chris 100%.  Although I think he is a 419 pastor, I applaud him for having the courage to say this.  95% of men self-service and the 5% who say they don't are lying.  Plain and simple.  I know people who stopped going to church and who stopped being christian because they thought they were hypocrites because they engaged in self-service.  Everybody does it.  When I say everybody, I include pastors and reverend fathers.  Nigerians need to stop looking at pastors as if they are super human because they are not.  They are just as flawed as you and I. Period!!!! I respect Pastor Chris for having the courage to say this.[/size]
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Akwasi(m): 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Are ladies allowed to mastur-bate too according to chris principle ?

Hey my friend there. The last time I checked you were banned. Gr8 to have you back and I hope no insults this time around.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by werepeLeri: 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2012
^^^^

Including all the hypocrites who wants to kill Pastor chris- they are probably wanking as we speak.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by alienkind: 6:35pm On Feb 20, 2012
God help us.Sin is sin,repent now.Nobody should categorise sin.
Forget about all this biblical interpretation and let no one deceive you.
Can you do it when you get to heaven?If its no,then its sin.period!
Why do you think marriage is banned in heaven?or you think God is a fool.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by icez: 6:37pm On Feb 20, 2012
:-x :-x
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 20, 2012
alienkind:

Hahahaha
Marriage banned in heaven, who tell you?
So na to sing sing we una go dey do for there? Na wa o,
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by dare2think: 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2012
alienkind:

lol
Dont fret!!!

We are going to have a lot of w@nkers in heaven anyway!!!!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by buzugee(m): 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2012
alienkind:

when you get to heaven you will have a renewal and reversal of spirit and body. there will be no sin simply because your mind is a dictatorship and unilateral and is defaulted to 'holy'. so that ya statement does not fly
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by alienkind: 6:42pm On Feb 20, 2012
Buzee,was satan and the angels in default mode when he sinned? grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 20, 2012
alienkind:

Buzee,was satan and the angels in default mode when he sinned? grin grin grin
LMAO, beautiful question,

buzugee:

when you get to heaven you will have a renewal and reversal of spirit and body. there will be no sin simply because your mind is a dictatorship and unilateral and is defaulted to 'holy'. so that ya statement does not fly
Your mind is a dictatorship and unilateral and becomes holy, does that happen to everyone or only those who believe in Jesus?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Photos From The Attack On Apostle Johnson Suleman's Convoy In Edo (Graphic) / Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.