Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,940 members, 7,873,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:50 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4520246 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1126) (1127) (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) ... (2245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:35pm On Apr 17, 2020
Very good and honourable to stick to the women who added value to us and stood by us when things were not rosy.

Men will always be men, but we should respect and honour those wonderful women. Side chicks or whatever should always know and understand their positions in the scheme of things .

Hope we have not deviated from Investment talks to family affairs?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 1:40pm On Apr 17, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
Very good and honourable to stick to the women who added value to us and stood by us when things were not rosy.

Men will always be men, but we should respect and honour those wonderful women. Side chicks or whatever should always know and understand their positions in the scheme of things .

100 million likes.

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:41pm On Apr 17, 2020
IamR:

100 million likes.

Are you sure. Nobody is holy ooo.

May God help us all

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2020
Is FBN dollar denominated commercial paper through FBN QUEST safe?
emmanuelewumi:

They are Commercial papers, they pay between 6% to 7%. They are from 90 days to 270 days

I think the CFOs of those businesses are using the commercial papers to liquidate their existing loans which are currently between 15% and 18%.

So that they can directly get cheaper funds from the investing public for the running of the businesses. There is so much liquidity in the system
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:49pm On Apr 17, 2020
XiaoLi:
Is FBN dollar denominated commercial paper through FBN QUEST safe?

I am not aware of any dollar denominated commercial papers.

Maybe you are referring to Eurobonds
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 1:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I like this smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2020
Not Eurobond, on the investment certificate they called it FBN Quest USD Bilateral Commercial Paper.
emmanuelewumi:

I am not aware of any dollar denominated commercial papers.

Maybe you are referring to Eurobonds
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Diyke4rich: 2:00pm On Apr 17, 2020
I dont intend to sell and never going to sell

emmanuelewumi:

Until the you sell and have the money in your account or your bank accepts the property as a collateral and offers you a loan of N50 million to expand your business or create more wealth.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:03pm On Apr 17, 2020
XiaoLi:
Not Eurobond, on the investment certificate they called it FBN Quest USD Bilateral Commercial Paper.

How much did you invest
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:04pm On Apr 17, 2020
Diyke4rich:
I dont intend to sell and never going to sell

Then the value is relative , emotional and speculative

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 2:12pm On Apr 17, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

How much did you invest
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2020
XiaoLi:
More than 300k usd

It is very safe, what is the rate on the commercial paper
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 2:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Oga, I never quoted you naaw. I only replied abiboilandgas

A single government policy can bring a N100 million trader who does not have back up plans to ground zero within a week or less

My mum had a tenant who has not recovered from the ban on frozen foods which Obasanjo introduced over 15 years ago. The trader used all his savings, got loan from friends and others he lost over N30 million out of this amount 70% was his own capital. He never wanted his wife to work, but for the father in law, who insisted that he educated his daughter so that she should not be a liability.

I don't know much about this man again, but about 10 years ago when he left my mum's house due to financial challenges, the man was yet to recover.

It was the wife who was teaching with Lagos State government that became the breadwinner, when things got bad. They later left to moved to the barely completed house which the wife was building through cooperative society and thrift savings at Ikorodu. I learnt the man refused to move with the family to Ikorodu.

Trading is one occupation in Nigeria that government pronouncement can easily kill, those who are not cash rich and prepared for any unexpected eventualities will be shouting of marginalisation.

There are traders and there are traders. There are forward thinking traders who are diversified. Cosmos Maduka started as a trader, he is forward thinking and moved with the right crowd and professional advisers. He is now diversified into the stock market, bonds, manufacturing and different investments

I salute your acumen!!! Very commendable and following

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 2:25pm On Apr 17, 2020
Meaning, they are trying to refinance their debts.
emmanuelewumi:

They are Commercial papers, they pay between 6% to 7%. They are from 90 days to 270 days

I think the CFOs of those businesses are using the commercial papers to liquidate their existing loans which are currently between 15% and 18%.

So that they can directly get cheaper funds from the investing public for the running of the businesses. There is so much liquidity in the system
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Which organisations offer commercial papers...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
ozymes:
Meaning, they are trying to refinance their debts.

Through cheaper funds

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
handsomebolanle:

Investment banks, minimum investment is N5 million
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 2:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
Flour mills just opened
handsomebolanle:

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Investment banks, minimum investment is N5 million

shocked shocked grin grin cheesy grin ;DThank you Boss...I go reach that level one day by Gods grace....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2020
ozymes:
Flour mills just opened

It will be paid oversubscribed, too much liquidity in the system
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2020
Glad it is safe, i got 4%, they initially offered 3.5% but i insisted they make it 4% since another bank offered 4% on a usd denominated investment (not really) which they later agreed.
emmanuelewumi:

It is very safe, what is the rate on the commercial paper
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2020
handsomebolanle:

shocked shocked grin grin cheesy grin ;DThank you Boss...I go reach that level one day by Gods grace....

Excess cash can be used to buy money market funds
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:42pm On Apr 17, 2020
XiaoLi:
Glad it is safe, i got 4%, they initially offered 3.5% but i insisted they make it 4% since another bank offered 4% on a usd denominated investment (not really) which they later agreed, the investment was done first week of March though.

It is, there are High Networth Investors and institutional Investors who invested millions of dollars...

Can you send a link to the offer?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 2:50pm On Apr 17, 2020
XiaoLi:
Glad it is safe, i got 4%, they initially offered 3.5% but i insisted they make it 4% since another bank offered 4% on a usd denominated investment (not really) which they later agreed, the investment was done first week of March though.
What bank offered you 4% on usd investment? Does anyone know if GTB has any usd investment? Don’t want to move my usd to another bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 2:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
I didn't get the offer through a link.
emmanuelewumi:

It is, there are High Networth Investors and institutional Investors who invested millions of dollars...

Can you send a link to the offer?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 2:57pm On Apr 17, 2020
ozymes:
Flour mills just opened

What are the details please?

Open and closing date..

Rates..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:59pm On Apr 17, 2020
XiaoLi:
I didn't get the offer through a link, i told my branch manager at first bank that i wanted to invest in a dollar denominated investment, she then introduced me to FBN Quest head of private banking whom i discussed with and who later helped to execute the CP.

Talking about soft copies of the offer document forms, terms and conditions of the offer. Not referring to the the already filled offer forms.

Try and get in touch with them personally at FBN Quest Merchant Bank or FBN Quest Asset Management. They are at the same location on Keffi Street South West Ikoyi Lagos.

What is the duration of this Commercial papers?

Should not have exceed 9 months
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 3:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
Ok i will check them out hopefully next time i go to Nigeria, they offered 260 days but i insisted it must be 365 days since i dont want the funds in my account soon and doesn't have time sending email instructions too. Finally we arrived at 360days.
I was still able to get dollars at 358.5 then thanks to the gurus here who speculated that Naira may be devalued.
emmanuelewumi:

Talking about soft copies of the offer documents. Try and get in touch with them personally at FBN Quest Merchant Bank or FBN Quest Asset Management. They are at the same location on Keffi Street South West Ikoyi Lagos.

What is the duration of this Commercial papers?

Should not have exceed 9 months

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2020
XiaoLi:
Ok i will check them out hopefully next time i go to Nigeria, they offered 260 days but i insisted it must be 365 days since i dont want the funds in my account soon and doesn't have time sending email instructions too. Finally we arrived at 360days.
I was still able to get dollars at 358.5 then thanks to the gurus here who speculated that Naira may be devalued.

Commercial papers are usually for 270 days and below. They should be able to work something out. After the initial 260 days, they will buy for another 100 days in the secondary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
I don't know this before, but i think there must be a way they did it because it clearly stated 360days on the certificate
emmanuelewumi:

Commercial papers are usually for 270 days and below. They should be able to work something out. After the initial 260 days, they will buy for another 100 days in the secondary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
FBN Quest
chigo4u:

What bank offered you 4% on usd investment? Does anyone know if GTB has any usd investment? Don’t want to move my usd to another bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2020
XiaoLi:
FBN Quest
I think stanbic dollar fund is better

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1126) (1127) (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) ... (2245) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Edukpo, Saybal(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.