Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,936 members, 7,873,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:42 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4520235 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1127) (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) (1133) ... (2245) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 7:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Is he a Pharmacist? Is that his main source of income or side hustle?

Na main source of income Sir.

His looking for government jobs to start a new life with children
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 7:23pm On Apr 17, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
Very good and honourable to stick to the women who added value to us and stood by us when things were not rosy.

Men will always be men, but we should respect and honour those wonderful women. Side chicks or whatever should always know and understand their positions in the scheme of things .

Hope we have not deviated from Investment talks to family affairs?

100 millions like Sir.

One man-One wife is my team for life.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:15pm On Apr 17, 2020
ukay2:

100 millions like Sir.

how many u sample pre one man /one wife ?

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 8:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
ukay2:

100 millions like Sir.

I am with you.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 8:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Lol.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 8:19pm On Apr 17, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

Hahahahaha

Oga Ahiboilandgas.....I be your boy ooo

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
ukay2:

Hahahahaha

Oga Ahiboilandgas.....I be your boy ooo
chai chai....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2020
chigo4u:

What bank offered you 4% on usd investment? Does anyone know if GTB has any usd investment? Don’t want to move my usd to another bank

You will still have to move your fund out of your GTB account.
For every fund there is a custodian the fact that you are investing through investment one doesn’t mean the custodian is GTB.
And yes at Investment one we have VDF (Vantage Dollar fund) which gives 4-6%.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by rmx: 9:05pm On Apr 17, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
Hello guys can we share investment or money management lessons we learnt during this lockdown.

I learnt three major lessons.

1. Cash is king

2. Live below your means

3. Be cautiously optimistic

Cash is king takes on its fullest meaning during downtime /recession and when opportunities abound . Good assets real estate , stocks etc will become cheap then

The importance of having liquid reserve cannot be overemphasized, it’s for times like this . Am particularly excited and alert in times likes this simply because of the opportunities that will open up

For me as a manufacturer with over 400 staffs , will tell you how I always come out stronger during economy crisis or depressions for the last 15 years , and the crisis of 2016/17and 2008/10 comes to mind .same thing I have been doing for this crisis . some of those years my sales went up 25 to 45 %

Moving into stocks both raw and packaging materials way before the manifestation , been moving into both 3 to 6 month ago , similarly in 2015 etc

This allows you to have converted all your loose cash to stocks at prevalent exchange rates and allows you to produce fully when others don’t have stocks say because of dollar shortage or increase and at a reasonable markup

It requires you to be proactive and liquid

To me it has been obvious that devaluations was coming since 2nd Quarter last year , converting part of loose funds to dollars was a no brainer if you do a lot of importation

3rdly this year , doing something I had always advised people to do but never did because of many reasons which is to hedge recession and devaluation by playing and buying right in the stock market

Lockdown due to panic and fear , recession , low oil price Resulting to devaluation , economy slow down and inflation etc could be mitigated against . We are in interesting and rewarding times for those that are prepared

All above can be done simply by having cash/liquid reserves . Being conservative in good times and being aggressive in times like this when opportunities open up . Cash is truly king

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
rmx:

Cash is king takes on its fullest meaning during downtime /recession and when opportunities abound . Good assets real estate , stocks etc will become cheap then

The importance of having liquid reserve cannot be overemphasized, it’s for times like this . Am particularly excited and alert in times likes this simply because of the opportunities that will open up

For me as a manufacturer with over 400 staffs , will tell you how I always come out stronger during economy crisis or depressions for the last 15 years , and the crisis of 2016/17and 2008/10 comes to mind .same thing I have been doing for this crisis . some of those years my sales went up 25 to 45 %

Moving into stocks both raw and packaging materials way before the manifestation , been moving into both 3 to 6 monuth ago , similarly in 2015 etc

This allows you to have converted all your loose cash to stocks at prevalent exchange rates and allows you to produce fully when others don’t have stocks say because of dollar shortage or increase and at a reasonable markup

To me it has been obvious that devaluations was coming since 2nd Quarter last year , converting part of loose funds to dollars was a no brainer if you do a lot of importation

3rdly this year , doing something I had always advised people to do but never did because of many reasons which is to hedge recession and devaluation by playing and buying right in the stock market

Lockdown due to panic and fear , recession , low oil price Resulting to devaluation , economy slow down and inflation etc could be mitigated against . We are in interesting and rewarding times for those that are prepared

All above can be done simply by having cash/liquid reserves . Being conservative in good times and being aggressive in times like this when opportunities open up . Cash is truly king

Thank you very much.

You have written well, good summary nothing to add or subtract.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by LordAdam16: 9:28pm On Apr 17, 2020
rmx:

Moving into stocks both raw and packaging materials way before the manifestation , been moving into both 3 to 6 month ago , similarly in 2015 etc

These incessant devaluations and inflation hikes have destroyed domestically-domiciled wealth in ways words can't sufficiently express.

Dangote's net worth fell from $25B in 2014 to just $7B in March 2020. Astonishing!

https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/16/aliko-dangote-and-his-slide-from-25-billion-to-7-billion/

-Lord
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 11:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
i dont know how to reach u , last time i put up my mail ...o boy it was not easy instead of bussiness mail ,na hustlers and taxers ....the oil and gas markets is about to change forever ,..pls halt futher investments into that sector untill federal govt clarify what they mean by price modulation

Boss, exactly my point, which one is price modulation. The game is about to change ooh.

My email is : geraldlota405@yahoo.com.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 12:51am On Apr 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
my strategy is that if i buy ( invest ) in a truck for 12m and it generates 500-600m monthly .....i open a sub account for the truck A and all income is save after repairs and salary, insurance untill the 12 million is back to the investment accounts....then the truck is now strictly profit income .....even if i exit after 24 months i can still sell truck for 8m ...so i have grow the investments to 20m within 24 months ....this are traditional business model ....i pay my self from each truck like 50k (cost of adminstration) x ......number of fleets ...this is my monthly salary i live within that range and even save ...i dont act like the owner (i separated the company from my self )

Nice tip

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 12:57am On Apr 18, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You are expected to use your savings to start a business. You can use leverage to expand the business

But it is necessary for all revenue to go through the bank or you save and later withdraw from the bank. With this you developing your turnover and transaction history, which will be necessary when you want to grow your business
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 1:08am On Apr 18, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

They are Commercial papers, they pay between 6% to 7%. They are from 90 days to 270 days

I think the CFOs of those businesses are using the commercial papers to liquidate their existing loans which are currently between 15% and 18%.

So that they can directly get cheaper funds from the investing public for the running of the businesses. There is so much liquidity in the system

Very true
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 1:25am On Apr 18, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Are you sure. Nobody is holy ooo.

May God help us all

grin cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 4:01am On Apr 18, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Lol na trade I dey ooo
Abi you want buy tomato?
E dey oo,2 taty naira. grin grin
Well yeah we do share.
You no see as ahiboilandgas dodge that guy weh dey ask am of oil and gas investment?
Everybody dey fear saturation jarey.
If person don get money of his own,come and see hiding of business and investment afterwards.
They only pass carcasses to the masses at that point.
The guy never talk anything,ahib don already flog am with excuse grin
Oh you've got to love Capitalists grin
You be real ladipo guy! Better street OT you get am
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 4:02am On Apr 18, 2020
Theconglomerate:
How does a property that have rent value of 2m per annum worth 60m?
If it likes let it be on 1 hectare of land,no person with a working economic sense will pay more than 25m for it or max max max 30m!
Bad economics and emotional price tag undecided
haha this made me laugh.

Bros the real estate market in Lagos is very skewed.
Getting a property that yields 2m at 25million is hard nut even though I agree with your school tonight strongly.

I know a house that's up for sale now and it's pegged at 60-65m 5bdr house, the rent is not more than 2m max in that area as it's an old house and will need renovation to stay trendy.

issa crazy market out here

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 4:16am On Apr 18, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
Without having the right prudential practices and risk management policies in place we have seen Investors, businesses and traders retrogress from hero levels to zero levels.

The best bet is to be cautiously optimistic of the future, live below your means, pray for the best but be prepared for the worst.

There are reasons why we have very few Nigerian businesses and brands that have been around for 50 years and above and still growing.

The current recession in the country and global financial crisis, will definitely kill some businesses for good.

May God help us all. Amen
which in turn will lead to job loss
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 4:17am On Apr 18, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
Hello guys can we share investment or money management lessons we learnt during this lockdown.

I learnt three major lessons.

1. Cash is king

2. Live below your means

3. Be cautiously optimistic
1 Saving is Queen because it gives birth to more cash
2 no dey look deleted say e get you no know how e take get am
3. Live far below it

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by arduino: 4:19am On Apr 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Savage

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 4:31am On Apr 18, 2020
What rate is it, is there any charges applicable to the capital or interest?
chigo4u:

I think stanbic dollar fund is better
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pascopele: 4:31am On Apr 18, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
Very good and honourable to stick to the women who added value to us and stood by us when things were not rosy.

Men will always be men, but we should respect and honour those wonderful women. Side chicks or whatever should always know and understand their positions in the scheme of things .

Hope we have not deviated from Investment talks to family affairs?
just like Gani fawehimi did
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 10:49am On Apr 18, 2020
rmx:

Cash is king takes on its fullest meaning during downtime /recession and when opportunities abound . Good assets real estate , stocks etc will become cheap then...

Moving into stocks both raw and packaging materials way before the manifestation...

This allows you to have converted all your loose cash to stocks at prevalent exchange rates and allows you to produce fully when others don’t have stocks say because of dollar shortage or increase and at a reasonable markup...

It requires you to be proactive and liquid...

To me it has been obvious that devaluations was coming since 2nd Quarter last year , converting part of loose funds to dollars was a no brainer...

...All above can be done simply by having cash/liquid reserves . Being conservative in good times and being aggressive in times like this when opportunities open up . Cash is truly king

Spot on wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 6:11pm On Apr 18, 2020
MrMcJay:
Emmanuelewumi and Stephen13, there is currently a block of 6 units of 2 bedroom flats for sale in Mafoluku for 35M asking.

There is another newly painted block of 6 units of 2 bedroom flats at that same Mafoluku for 40M.

Let me teach you something I do. If you want to buy something priced like 35M, write a cheque of like 25M, leave it unnamed, snap it and attach it to a Letter of offer for 25M. Even if the seller turns it down initially, he won't be able to sleep.

I have told my clients not to buy any property yet. Currently have 3 of them I told to hold on till early July. Then, we would enter the property market for point and kill.

;DI laugh troway for ground. Thanks for the tip.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 6:24pm On Apr 18, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Lol na trade I dey ooo
Abi you want buy tomato?
E dey oo,2 taty naira. grin grin
Well yeah we do share.
You no see as ahiboilandgas dodge that guy weh dey ask am of oil and gas investment?
Everybody dey fear saturation jarey.
If person don get money of his own,come and see hiding of business and investment afterwards.
They only pass carcasses to the masses at that point.
The guy never talk anything,ahib don already flog am with excuse grin
Oh you've got to love Capitalists grin

Funny you should mention this. I was reflecting on ahibo's personality. I have been on this thread since 2016. Ahibo has shared everything in great detail. emmanuel as well in fact nearly everyone. we are open like that on this thread. apart from a few troublemakers ,this is a fantastic thread. You are new here. you may not know. Great minds discuss ideas. the sky is big enough for stars to shine

18 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2020
missjekyll:

Funny you should mention this. I was reflecting on ahibo's personality. I have been on this thread since 2016. Ahibo has shared everything in great detail. emmanuel as well in fact nearly everyone. we are open like that on this thread. apart from a few troublemakers ,this is a fantastic thread. You are new here. you may not know. Great minds discuss ideas. the sky is big enough for stars to shine
Not when that star wants to shine in your market share.
Tell ahib you can buy tankers and you want him to register you for the depot he hauls from and watch magic unfold.
That is not how capitalism works my dear.
The sky is never big enough to hold all Capitalists.
Talking numbers and doing stuff are two different things.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by missjekyll: 7:34pm On Apr 18, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Not when that,star wants to shine in your market share.
Tell ahib you can buy tankers and you want him to register you for the depot he hauls from and watch magic unfold.

I rest my case. There is no convincing an onitsha man.
Oh ,and about your business model,I suggest you try it Emmanuels way for a bit.I have seen many onitsha traders crash and burn doing it your way. houses and cars were repossessed as well.

I am wired differently but even I know good advice when I see it.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Becca4007(f): 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2020
Theconglomerate:
Not when that,star wants to shine in your market share.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 7:52pm On Apr 18, 2020
missjekyll:

I rest my case. There is no convincing an onitsha man.
Oh ,and about your business model,I suggest you try it Emmanuels way for a bit.I have seen many onitsha traders crash and burn doing it your way. houses and cars were repossessed as well.

I am wired differently but even I know good advice when I see it.
We were discussing(Emmanuel and I) and I don't remember when I asked him for advise to the point where he suggested a way for me to do business.
Well there is no man above misfortune.
But if according to you,they are wrong for doing it their way(the onitsha way),how come a lot of them(and I mean a sizeable number) are still in business and have good capital bases till this point?
What am I missing?

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MelesZanawi: 9:09pm On Apr 18, 2020
Theconglomerate:
We were discussing(Emmanuel and I) and I don't remember when I asked him for advise to the point where he suggested a way for me to do business.
Well there is no man above misfortune.
But if according to you,they are wrong for doing it their way(the onitsha way),how come a lot of them(and I mean a sizeable number) are still in business and have good capital bases till this point?
What am I missing?

How many Onitsha-styled business men get their businesses to survive the second generation?
Anybody can engage in trading, but not anyone can build a business that stands the test of time.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Theconglomerate(m): 9:17pm On Apr 18, 2020
MelesZanawi:

How many Onitsha-styled business men get their businesses to survive the second generation?
Anybody can engage in trading, but not anyone can build a business that stands the test of time.
A lot actually.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1127) (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) (1133) ... (2245) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.