Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,217 members, 7,887,586 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:58 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2012) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4540069 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) (2015) ... (2250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2021
richforever123:

They were investigating IMG and they saw the transaction, they have no reason to lie, they saw all the transactions that were made, including that of a popular church, they have no reason to lie, however, you can believe what you want, I will go for proper investment houses that are properly monitored

As emmanuelewumi will say return of investment is better than returns on investment

And do put all your eggs in a basket
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:53pm On Oct 19, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
pure lies and gibberish. Unverified nonsense.

Funds are invested in bonds, Treasury Bills, money market funds, fixed income and yet returns are higher than what those assets are producing.

They have Investments in money lending firms, that is how they can give such superior returns

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 2:56pm On Oct 19, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

And do put all your eggs in a basket

You mean do not?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:11pm On Oct 19, 2021
richforever123:

You mean do not?

Do not
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:35pm On Oct 19, 2021
richforever123:

They were investigating IMG and they saw the transaction, they have no reason to lie, they saw all the transactions that were made, including that of a popular church, they have no reason to lie, however, you can believe what you want, I will go for proper investment houses that are properly monitored

As emmanuelewumi will say return of investment is better than returns on investment
"THEY"?

Who were investigating and how were they investigating?

EFCC or CBN??

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:39pm On Oct 19, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Funds are invested in bonds, Treasury Bills, money market funds, fixed income and yet returns are higher than what those assets are producing.

They have Investments in money lending firms, that is how they can give such superior returns
I also believe they do but certainly they don't have Investments in a ponzi scheme.

Maybe with a microfinance bank cos some microfinance bank like blueridge gives 20% per annum. Opay use blueridge microfinance bank but gives 15% per annum.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 3:43pm On Oct 19, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
"THEY"?

Who were investigating and how were they investigating?

EFCC or CBN??

The people who had their money invested, people have access to this information, they are trying to track them down, the last transaction they did was the purchase of uniforms for their children in UK

I joined the Telegram Group for Farmsponsor aggrieved investors, not because I invested, but because I wanted to see how to go about the recovery, this is Nigeria, a single person can place a PND on your account, bankers who have also lost funds provide access to this information, generally, the people do not have trust in EFCC or CBN any longer, all they do is freeze the account for years and extort the people

I don't know if EFCC is involved yet, but I can tell you that people in very high places invested and they are trying to track them down and they are using the money trail to do it

My issue is not them investing with IMG, but if they are going to invest a small percentage of the funds in money lending service, let them be straight forward like Branch is, that's a red flag
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 3:46pm On Oct 19, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Spot on
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 3:46pm On Oct 19, 2021
richforever123:

The people who had their money invested, people have access to this information, they are trying to track them down, the last transaction they did was the purchase of uniforms for their children in UK

I joined the Telegram Group for Farmsponsor aggrieved investors, not because I invested, but because I wanted to see how to go about the recovery, this is Nigeria, a single person can place a PND on your account, bankers who have also lost funds provide access to this information, generally, the people do not have trust in EFCC or CBN any longer, all they do is freeze the account for years and extort the people

I don't know if EFCC is involved yet, but I can tell you that people in very high places invested and they are trying to track them down and they are using the money trail to do it

My issue is not them investing with IMG, but if they are going to invest a small percentage of the funds in money lending service, let them be straight forward like Branch is, that's a red flag
How old are you sef?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pizapato(m): 3:58pm On Oct 19, 2021
Afromentalist:

Are you serious at all?

I always doubted Piggyvest or GTB and other institutional investors invested from the onset, which I have even explicitly expressed here in my first post on this topic.

Have you not read the official communication of Piggyvest on this topic ?

Some of you just argue for argument sake.

It is a fake news bros. Piggyvest didn't invest in that scheme.
The person that shared the news on twitter has deleted it and I think has been charged to court for Defamation. He claimed he worked for a competitor so it is case of mudsliggging. Make una dey cool down

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
I also believe they do but certainly they don't have Investments in a ponzi scheme.

Maybe with a microfinance bank cos some microfinance bank like blueridge microfinance bank used by opay gives 20% per annume.

Any Investment that will go you 10% per month, will end up being a Ponzi

The fintect loan operators that are charging interest of 10% per month on loans are not finding it easy sef

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2021
How did IMG raise such huge funds and yet they are not popular on the social media?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Any Investment that will go you 10% per month, will end up being a Ponzi

The fintect loan operators that are charging interest of 10% per month on loans are not finding it easy sef
Every right thinking person should know that.

Is there any fintech giving 10% per month?

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2021
pizapato:

It is a fake news bros. Piggyvest didn't invest in that scheme.
The person that shared the news on twitter has deleted it and I think has been charged to court for Defamation. He claimed he worked for a competitor so it is case of mudsliggging. Make una dey cool down

The person that originally shared it on Instagram still has it on her status, she even had an interaction with the CEO of Piggyvest and shared it also her username is __trapselena_ you can check her out
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2021
emmanuelewumi:
How did IMG raise such huge funds and yet they are not popular on the social media?
Because people are attracted to very high interest rates(ponzi rates). People will even go as far as gathering funds from families, friends and even enemies to invest. Some take loans, sell properties to invest in the ponzi.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

It amazes me, I have never heard of them till today, let's see how the situation unfold

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pizapato(m): 4:09pm On Oct 19, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Their rate is just slightly above what is obtainable in mmf. 12% per annum.

They offer the chance to invest in other instruments such as agrictech at higher rate. Their rates for agritech is always lower that what the agric tech give direct customers. That's because piggyvest also insures its investment with agric tech.
We have to give them benefit of doubt. The big banks we see today started from somewhere too.
Piggyvest and cowrywise have remain upright with their customers for close to 5 years now

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 4:13pm On Oct 19, 2021
pizapato:

They offer the chance to invest other instruments such as agrictech at higher rate. Their rates for agritech is always lower that what the agric tech give direct customers. That's because piggyvest also insures its investment with agric tech.
We have to give them benefit of doubt. The big banks we see today started from somewhere too.
Piggyvest and cowrywise have remain upright with their customers for close to 5 years now

What is obtained by MMF is 8%, where is the other 4% coming from? If you noticed, they have stopped Agric-Tech Investments because it was unsustainable with too many defaults, let's give them the benefit of doubt
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2021
richforever123:

The person that originally shared it on Instagram still has it on her status, she even had an interaction with the CEO of Piggyvest and shared it also her username is __trapselena_ you can check her out
No make me laugh abeg. Everybody dey hustle.

Very soon, she will introduce an investment after doing damage to legit ones and many solo thinking people would rush to invest.

Thats why you should be careful with the source you get your information from.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:17pm On Oct 19, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The promoter of the business was a former banker with Zenith bank.

He resigned to start the business and it was profitable. If he had stopped as a N500 million to N1 billion business, paying investors 2.5% per month he might have been sustainable.

Your bank account officer or marketer should NOT be your financial adviser. Lai Lai.

The guy made use of account officers and marketers in the banks. These people know customers with huge account balances.

They convinced these customers with huge account balances to invest in IMG..

IMG paid the bankers good referral fees. IMG equally employed some of these bankers offering them 4 times to 5 times of their salaries.

The promoter of IMG also used churches where the upwardly mobile and top middle class attend to market his business.

It appears people stop being rational and logical with their money when they get into churches or religious organizations.

We should know that Nigerians are not nice " when Nigerians start telling you the secrets of their wealth and are inviting you to come and invest, we need to be extremely careful."
Most times it will end in premium tears.

I think those bankers who adviced their customers to invest in IMG should be sacked by their employers.

Many years ago my account officer at First Bank told me to invest in Nospetco, thank God for contentment. That same year my Stockbroker told me to invest in Sefteg, God has a way of protecting His own. The person I loaned the money to did not pay as scheduled, by the time he paid Sefteg and Nospetco had crashed.

When Investing don't just look at the upside, also consider the downside.

Ask questions on how the business or Investment makes money and the sustainability of the money made

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pizapato(m): 4:17pm On Oct 19, 2021
richforever123:

She also mentioned GTB and Afrinvest. Do you also believe that these organisations invested in IMG?

Her claims are unverifiable if she can't provide evidence of transaction to back it up.
Let's all watch as the drama unfolds.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pizapato(m): 4:19pm On Oct 19, 2021
OgogoroFreak:

I tire for the bros, he was saying it like he saw the evidence of transaction himself.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2021
pizapato:

She also mentioned GTB ans Afrinvest. Do you also believe that these organisations invested in IMG?

Her claims are unverifiable if she can't provide evidence of transaction to back it up.

She has plans to introduce an investment to her targeted followers aka Zombi.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2021
pizapato:

They offer the chance to invest in other instruments such as agrictech at higher rate. Their rates for agritech is always lower that what the agric tech give direct customers. That's because piggyvest also insures its investment with agric tech.

Benefits of doubt if you have enough security for the funds, appropriate licenses and good corporate governance.

Most operate in a 3 bedroom apartment somewhere in Ikeja, Surulere, Lekki or Victoria Island. Some are even sharing the apartments.

What are the tangible assets to hold on to when things go south?

Why one should not have all his other her eggs in one basket
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:23pm On Oct 19, 2021
pizapato:

I tire for the bros, he was saying it like he saw the evidence of transaction himself.
Thats why I was curious about his age.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:24pm On Oct 19, 2021
pizapato:

She also mentioned GTB ans Afrinvest. Do you also believe that these organisations invested in IMG?

There workers got cheap loans from their employers to invest, some convinced the bank customers to invest, some became fund managers to their customers and invested in IMG.

No be small matter, heads will roll
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:26pm On Oct 19, 2021
OgogoroFreak:

Very soon, she will introduce an investment after doing damage to legit ones and many solo thinking people would rush to invest.

It will end in tears. Most legit money making opportunities are highly coded

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pizapato(m): 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

There workers got cheap loans from their employers to invest, some convinced the bank customers to invest, some became fund managers to their customers and invested in IMG.

No be small matter, heads will roll

Interesting!
Truly no be small matter.
If people really want to take risk with their money, NSE or crypto is the way to go. In both, you can loose some of your capital but never all of it.
People will think money can't be made in NSE but in that same place UCAP, Guiness and Vitafoam has returned 100% profit this year.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pizapato(m): 4:41pm On Oct 19, 2021
richforever123:

What is obtained by MMF is 8%, where is the other 4% coming from? If you noticed, they have stopped Agric-Tech Investments because it was unsustainable with too many defaults, let's give them the benefit of doubt

They've not stopped, now they deal with only agropartnership, which is the only agrictech that has not defaulted over the years.

In as much as I can't totally vouch for them, I also don't see reasons why you should continue to propagate claims you can't verify.
Anyone taking his money to piggyvest know their is some form of risk attached just like any investment.
Reason why one shouldn't put all eggs in one basket like Pa emma adviced.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:49pm On Oct 19, 2021
pizapato:

They've not stopped, now they deal with only agropartnership, which is the only agrictech that has not defaulted over the years.

In as much as I can't totally vouch for them, I also don't see reasons why you should continue to propagate claims you can't verify.
Anyone taking his money to piggyvest know their is some form of risk attached just like any investment.
Reason why one shouldn't put all eggs in one basket like Pa emma adviced.
This is just the truth.

I have noticed whenever a ponzi scheme fail as expected, most people on this group find a way to rope and drag fintechs along and I don't understand why.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
This is just the truth.

I have noticed whenever a ponzi scheme fail as expected, most people on this group find a way to rope and drag fintechs along and I don't understand why.
Any investment house doing over 10% returns when tbills, mutual funds are quite low is already a red flag. If piggyvest do not adjust their rates sooner than later it will end in tears. You can keep ranting because they have your money

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:59pm On Oct 19, 2021
chigo4u:

Any investment house doing over 10% returns when tbills, mutual funds are quite low is already a red flag. If piggyvest do not adjust their rates sooner than later it will end in tears. You can keep ranting because they have your money
They dont even have my money and they can be a red flag to you, thats totally fine. Afterall, I have friends who don't invest outside bond and tbills. We have different finance knowledge and risk appetite.

I have used alot of fintechs from opay, branch, cowrywise, piggyvest, risevest, bridge microfinance, bamboo, Trove, i-invest etc they all have apps on playstore and all did well. Excellent services but 90% of my investment is in bitc0in and I have made quadrupled gains in a short period. I only do what works for me. What works for me, might not work for you.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) (2015) ... (2250) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.