Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,236 members, 7,887,657 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:00 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2013) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4540159 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) (2015) (2016) ... (2250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pizapato(m): 5:07pm On Oct 19, 2021
chigo4u:

Any investment house doing over 10% returns when tbills, mutual funds are quite low is already a red flag. If piggyvest do not adjust their rates sooner than later it will end in tears. You can keep ranting because they have your money

These are their rates
Piggybank: 10% p.a
Piggy flex: 8% p.a
Safelock (>1 year): ~12% p.a

NB: I'm not encouraging anyone to use piggyvest o abeg. Make I no go begin hear stories later

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 5:11pm On Oct 19, 2021
chigo4u:

Any investment house doing over 10% returns when tbills, mutual funds are quite low is already a red flag. If piggyvest do not adjust their rates sooner than later it will end in tears. You can keep ranting because they have your money

Exactly, I am not saying Piggyvest is actually bad, but let us have an open mind towards the issue
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 5:14pm On Oct 19, 2021
pizapato:

They've not stopped, now they deal with only agropartnership, which is the only agrictech that has not defaulted over the years.

In as much as I can't totally vouch for them, I also don't see reasons why you should continue to propagate claims you can't verify.
Anyone taking his money to piggyvest know their is some form of risk attached just like any investment.
Reason why one shouldn't put all eggs in one basket like Pa emma adviced.

All their investment has sold out, Agropartnership has a new cycle rolled, but there is none like that on Piggyvest

Typical Nairalander, asking for my age, while having a constructive discussion, you left discussion to ask for my age, so that you can say I am a small boy, while you are the most matured and intelligent, it's okay, I am actually not here for that kind of discussion OgogoroFreak

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pizapato(m): 5:24pm On Oct 19, 2021
richforever123:

All their investment has sold out, Agropartnership has a new cycle rolled, but there is none like that on Piggyvest

Typical Nairalander, asking for my age, while having a constructive discussion, you left discussion to ask for my age, so that you can say I am a small boy, while you are the most matured and intelligent

Lol....bros no be me ask for your age, I don talk say make you dey cool down grin

As for agropartnership new cycle, it is not open yet not even on agropartnership website, they are only advertising that it will open tomorrow. Let's seeing piggyvest won't have it on offer next week
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by richforever123: 5:28pm On Oct 19, 2021
pizapato:

Lol....bros no be me ask for your age, I don talk say make you dey cool down grin

As for agropartnership new cycle, it is not open yet not even on agropartnership website, they are only advertising that it will open tomorrow. Let's seeing piggyvest won't have it on offer next week

Okay
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by davit: 6:58pm On Oct 19, 2021
Such a strategy! I just dey hear about them sef.
emmanuelewumi:
How did IMG raise such huge funds and yet they are not popular on the social media?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 7:36pm On Oct 19, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The promoter of the business was a former banker with Zenith bank.

He resigned to start the business and it was profitable. If he had stopped as a N500 million to N1 billion business, paying investors 2.5% per month he might have been sustainable.

Your bank account officer or marketer should NOT be your financial adviser. Lai Lai.

The guy made use of account officers and marketers in the banks. These people know customers with huge account balances.

They convinced these customers with huge account balances to invest in IMG..

IMG paid the bankers good referral fees. IMG equally employed some of these bankers offering them 4 times to 5 times of their salaries.

The promoter of IMG also used churches where the upwardly mobile and top middle class attend to market his business.

It appears people stop being rational and logical with their money when they get into churches or religious organizations.

We should know that Nigerians are not nice " when Nigerians start telling you the secrets of their wealth and are inviting you to come and invest, we need to be extremely careful."
Most times it will end in premium tears.

I think those bankers who adviced their customers to invest in IMG should be sacked by their employers.

Many years ago my account officer at First Bank told me to invest in Nospetco, thank God for contentment. That same year my Stockbroker told me to invest in Sefteg, God has a way of protecting His own. The person I loaned the money to did not pay as scheduled, by the time he paid Sefteg and Nospetco had crashed.

When Investing don't just look at the upside, also consider the downside.

Ask questions on how the business or Investment makes money and the sustainability of the money made

Whenever somebody tells me to invest in such high returns companies, i normally ask the person if the company has a crude oil well at its backyard. grin

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 7:46pm On Oct 19, 2021
richforever123:

Typical Nairalander, asking for my age, while having a constructive discussion, you left discussion to ask for my age, so that you can say I am a small boy, while you are the most matured and intelligent, it's okay, I am actually not here for that kind of discussion OgogoroFreak

Why are you bothering yourself on the age question?. When there is an intellectual and constructive investment discusion and argument and somebody starts asking for the age of a contributor, just ignore and move on as it seems the person asking has run out of points.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2021
Common sense.

emmanuelewumi:

Funds are invested in bonds, Treasury Bills, money market funds, fixed income and yet returns are higher than what those assets are producing.

They have Investments in money lending firms, that is how they can give such superior returns
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 9:24pm On Oct 19, 2021
Because they are similar to fintechs.

OgogoroFreak:
This is just the truth.

I have noticed whenever a ponzi scheme fail as expected, most people on this group find a way to rope and drag fintechs along and I don't understand why.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 10:42pm On Oct 19, 2021
XiaoLi:
Because they are similar to fintechs.

In what ways?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 12:17am On Oct 20, 2021
In rates.
OgogoroFreak:
In what ways?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by einsteine(m): 12:29am On Oct 20, 2021
XiaoLi:
In rates.

But this is not true. The highest you can get from any fintech is 17-20% per annum. Ponzi schemes frequently promise that in a month, how's that similar?

By the way, there's nothing wrong with high rates of investment. What is important is to understand how the return is being generated and what risks it entails.

For example, 90% of people on this thread probably don't know that you can get up to 40 percent per annum on crypto stable coins (through cash and carry arbitrage on perpetual futures). But of course, if that is discussed, you will condemn it because it is not same as the anemic TB rates.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amiibaby(f): 5:31am On Oct 20, 2021
Please someone should tell me the percentage in treasury bill now
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:02am On Oct 20, 2021
XiaoLi:
In rates.
You know any fintech in particular that gives ponzi rate?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pushup: 7:18am On Oct 20, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Are you the one on your profile?

I go like fvck you. #100k

DM
Wow....Sure disrespect. Even if you are rich, dont treat people like this

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jobark: 7:19am On Oct 20, 2021
jobark:
I am not holding brief for (Piggy-vest) but we must remember that:

1. They own a Microfinance bank license (cbn regulated)
2. All funds are warehoused with a fund manager (sec regulated)
3. When people break there savings, it attracts a 2.5% charge. ( not to be mistaken with flex)
4. They serve as middle men to some agrictech companies. Easily make huge commissions ( as high as 40% of the profit )
5. Briefly traded crypto ( buying and selling attracted charges
6. They trade currencies - you buy dollar at x to save and they sell back to you at y
7. And I guess they go into various businesses or commercial agreements with different firms.

All of this is not to convince anyone nor financial advice, just my 2cents on how i view the company.

Just a reminder on some ways they make money.

Current rate for savings 8% per annum
Fixed / lock funds rate. 10% on a plan above 3months.
If you break your savings plan - 2.5% charge ( I think they make a lot of money from this)

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 7:22am On Oct 20, 2021
On IMG,

There's a cultural thinking in Nigeria thet internet=scam. Look no more than the sars debacle to understand....

While it might be easier to coordinate a ponzi scheme online, a vast majority of the fraudulent schemes in Nigeria are based offline... From the early days of banks default till today. Reason being they can isolate their 'customers' and deal more harm. Also, Nigeria has a relatively poor internet penetration. For example, how many citizens above 50 are comfortable using a banking app?

IMG was hardly an internet company, the first time I heard about it was after the default... The guy grew that large by operating offline. Recently, there was a fraudulent company that defaulted despite having branches in different states..

In summary, irrespective of platform, due diligence is still important.

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:34am On Oct 20, 2021
pushup:

You are right. But, that does not mean, I am wrong!

You just haven't seen Life, from My side.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 7:34am On Oct 20, 2021
Another thing folks fail to understand is that just by reason of operational overhead, it's much easier for internet based companies to convert a larger proportion of their revenue into profit.

Take Nairaland for instance, while tgere are no official figures, I'd argue that NL is more profitable than any Nigerian newspaper. Seun leverages on those newspapers to get news hence he does not need a reporter or associated logistics. NL has more daily visits than newspapers sold, NL can deliver dynamic ads as you navigate the site. Millions around the world can easily access it. Yet, theres no official operational office. I doubt if the folls on Seuns payroll are upto 20. Most cost will go to data centers which are now cloud based. Also, the room for growth on NL is huge- it could have a social media like section, escrow for buying and selling, hook-ups e.t.c All these can be built on top of the existing visitors base...

It makes sense to see that NL with virtually no office/staff, will rake in much more profits than say Vanguard or Thisday whose reporters are constantly being chased around...

Still on 'internet companies', lets not forget that some of them e.g Google, Facebook are worth more than virtually all the 'physical companies' in Nigeria put together......

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by XiaoLi: 7:39am On Oct 20, 2021
Those ones that was mentioned here.

OgogoroFreak:
You know any fintech in particular that gives ponzi rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:40am On Oct 20, 2021
XiaoLi:
Those ones that was mentioned here.

What are their rates?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 7:46am On Oct 20, 2021
einsteine:

But this is not true. The highest you can get from any fintech is 17-20% per annum. Ponzi schemes frequently promise that in a month, how's that similar?

By the way, there's nothing wrong with high rates of investment. What is important is to understand how the return is being generated and what risks it entails.

For example, 90% of people on this thread probably don't know that you can get up to 40 percent per annum on crypto stable coins (through cash and carry arbitrage on perpetual futures). But of course, if that is discussed, you will condemn it because it is not same as the anemic TB rates.

You don't need to discuss certain things with certain people. You allow them to catch up with reality when its time.

I once did with certain friends and I almost got roasted. I thought I was helping. I have to buy up all their crypto even above market price just to let peace reign but today, they wish I could return the crypto and collect the amount I paid them for it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 9:00am On Oct 20, 2021
pushup:

And how are you sure about that

Rich people don't behave like that

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:04am On Oct 20, 2021
jedisco:
Another thing folks fail to understand is that just by reason of operational overhead, it's much easier for internet based companies to convert a larger proportion of their revenue into profit.

Take Nairaland for instance, while tgere are no official figures, I'd argue that NL is more profitable than any Nigerian newspaper. Seun leverages on those newspapers to get news hence he does not need a reporter or associated logistics. NL has more daily visits than newspapers sold, NL can deliver dynamic ads as you navigate the site. Millions around the world can easily access it. Yet, theres no official operational office. I doubt if the folls on Seuns payroll are upto 20. Most cost will go to data centers which are now cloud based. Also, the room for growth on NL is huge- it could have a social media like section, escrow for buying and selling, hook-ups e.t.c All these can be built on top of the existing visitors base...

It makes sense to see that NL with virtually no office/staff, will rake in much more profits than say Vanguard or Thisday whose reporters are constantly being chased around...

Still on 'internet companies', lets not forget that some of them e.g Google, Facebook are worth more than virtually all the 'physical companies' in Nigeria put together......
These are very strong points

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:44am On Oct 20, 2021
OgogoroFreak:

DM

This is disrespectful. This is TB thread and not romance or sexuality thread.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bushu9: 10:05am On Oct 20, 2021
NL1960:

Agropartnerships paid this morning
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 10:11am On Oct 20, 2021
OgogoroFreak:

DM

This is disrespectful... Can you apologize and take down that post... In a civilised society we all talk of, a statement like that traced to you might very well be the end of your career.

There is this woman hating culture growing on nairaland which is quite unfortunate. Like I've said multiple times, Nigeria gives you about the most privilege as a man. As a Nigerian man, your best deal likely lies with a Nigerian lady...
It's the poverty in the society that gives us the room to debase our ladies. This destructive culture is similar to what you get in African American socities...we can see where that has led them.
Fact is, if you think Nigerian ladies are not intelligent, its simply because Nigerian men are less intelligent than their female counterparts... We are all part of thesame genetic pool.

We should learn to treat everyone with respect.

17 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jedisco(m): 10:25am On Oct 20, 2021
Another example of an 'internet company' is Kuda which is our mobile only challenger bank...

Their rate of growth has been impressive. From given figures, they've grown from 300,000 to 1.5 million users in under a year. I've had a play around with their app. Although very smooth, it's features are still limited. But then, I can see why they've grown in leaps and bounds. They make banking easy.

Their killer feature is the 25 monthly free transfer they offer. It might not sound like much but I can see why the average/young Nigerian will troop into it. Obviously unlike regular banks, they're able to afford this cos their overhead costs are minimal.

Their room for growth is huge... If the NSE was going to evolve and make trading stocks easier, Kuda would be primely placed to bring such to the youth.

Recently, they were able to raise significant funding based on a valuation of $500 million which puts them high on the list. As they're not publicly traded, some of their numbers are not out in the open but fact is they're an exciting project and the bank with the best potential for growth.

Personally, I don't have stocks on NSE due to the market performing poorly for over a decade, but if Kuda was publicly listed, it'd be a stock I'd like to hold

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 10:34am On Oct 20, 2021
OgogoroFreak:

DM
angry Shocking! This is absolutely unnecessary and a disgrace undecided

Take it down.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:37am On Oct 20, 2021
[quote author=bushu9 post=106898105][/quote]

Wetin concern me with Agropartnerships?. Are you sure you are responding to the right post?.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) (2014) (2015) (2016) ... (2250) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Risingcash94, blkmum700 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.