Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,702 members, 7,979,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 07:45 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4684361 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (2269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2013
ayztech:

That's one thing but I assume all the gurus here, u know, feelamong dem, don't lose this much even when their bids do not go through and they buy from the secondary source, abi.

I wonder how they go about it.

They take risk and sometimes get lucky. However, it is better to always let the bank purchase the T-Bills for you at the best prevailing rate. If you give your bank a bid rate which happens to be greater than the stop rate, then you don't get anything and will have to wait until the next PMA date which will be in 2 weeks time thereby leaving your money hanging there with no accrued interest. Also, what is the possibility you will not again bid too high, above the stop rate in the next market auction? If you decide to go lower than your previous bid, you may end up bidding too low, maybe far below the stop rate. But the banks are more professional in the field and can get you a good rate. Just make sure you use a good bank that will not deliberately fail to execute your bid and later sell for you from their reserve.

Seun: That's the bank rate; the rate bid by the bank on behalf of customers who could not choose their own rates.

I am sure that was from their own reserve because the tenor was for 100 days @ 10.2% and not 91 days. There was a time I asked my bank to bid for me only to be told the next few days that they could not submit my bid because they had system challenges and offered me a 72 days T-Bills at the same rate (10.20%) which I asked them to bid for me and with the same maturity date of June 20th 2013. I accepted the deal as I had no choice. I think the stop rate for 91 days T-Bills for that PMA was about 10.45%, so the difference wasn't that much.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Toyatc: 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
@ayztech,
I did not get any close out on the issue oo, but i think the explanation given by Seun and Elai147 makes it clear.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by question(m): 7:09pm On Jun 12, 2013
When is the next TB sales?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ayztech(f): 7:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
ok..maybe the bank's rate varies by branch cos i had to ask another staff of same bank but different branch and he said 10.5% instead of the 10.2% for same 100days. i forwarded the form fast fast to him and twas dealt at 10.5%. the gain of the 0.3% difference was really material ...at least it can comfortably go one hairdo! thanks!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yogun(f): 5:04am On Jun 14, 2013
ayztech: ok..maybe the bank's rate varies by branch cos i had to ask another staff of same bank but different branch and he said 10.5% instead of the 10.2% for same 100days. i forwarded the form fast fast to him and twas dealt at 10.5%. the gain of the 0.3% difference was really material ...at least it can comfortably go one hairdo! thanks!

What bank did u use? Must u have an acct with d bank?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 14, 2013
pls is it possible for the interest accured to be added to the principal and rolled over at the next bidding day? Instead of the interest coming back to my account and i end up spending it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 2:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
Cyndas: pls is it possible for the interest accured to be added to the principal and rolled over at the next bidding day? Instead of the interest coming back to my account and i end up spending it.

Very possible. You only need to instruct your bank to do so.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2013
thanks @ elai
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FunmyKemmy(f): 7:06pm On Jun 14, 2013
May I know other banks that can help me to buy TB below #1m? Fidelity Securities has set #1m as the minimum amount to be used in purchasing TB. Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ayztech(f): 8:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
yogun:

What bank did u use? Must u have an acct with d bank?

i used Ecobank

not sure about 'must' but it's very convenient having an account to transact from...SAVINGS ACCOUNT ie, to avoid every unsavoury charge.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cikranco: 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2013
feelamong:

send mail to feelamong@gmail.com
hi feelamong i have writen to ur mail for long i need the link to were i will invest in T.Bill and am waiting for your reply, Please reply me cikranco@gmail.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:05am On Jun 17, 2013
cikranco: hi feelamong i have writen to ur mail for long i need the link to were i will invest in T.Bill and am waiting for your reply, Please reply me cikranco@gmail.com

sorry i did not get your mail. But you can go into any bank or discount house to request for TBills.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FunmyKemmy(f): 9:51am On Jun 17, 2013
Has anyone purchased TB through any of GT Bank Plc branches in Ibadan? Kindly let me know the minimum amount they accept.

Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 18, 2013
Pls guys is there biddin dis week..i no understand gtbank again o..na so dem them disappointed mi 2weeks ago
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by question(m): 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2013
laceonline02: Pls guys is there biddin dis week..i no understand gtbank again o..na so dem them disappointed mi 2weeks ago
This is the reason why I always go for long tenure bids.. The delay tactics of all these banks can be annoying sometimes.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 18, 2013
Gtbank has made mi to miss biddin the 2nd time on a roll..i moved my money to uba today bt its late already cant make tomaro biddin too too bad..financial plan disrupted
question:
This is the reason why I always go for long tenure bids.. The delay tactics of all these banks can be annoying sometimes.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FunmyKemmy(f): 8:59am On Jun 19, 2013
Please answer my question.

Has anyone purchased TB through any of GT Bank Plc branches in Ibadan? Kindly let me know the minimum amount they accept.

Thank you.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 10:17am On Jun 20, 2013
TBILLS STOP RATE FOR 19/06/2013

91 DAYS -----------------------11.50%

182 DAYS-----------------------11.82%

364 DAYS -----------------------12.99

Happy investing! cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 25, 2013
feelamong: TBILLS STOP RATE FOR 19/06/2013

91 DAYS -----------------------11.50%

182 DAYS-----------------------11.82%

364 DAYS -----------------------12.99

Happy investing! cool

Am a newbie and have read through the previous posts.

But the rate above, is it flat? I mean for the 91 days tenor, the rate is 11.50% not that of the 364 days tenor divided by 4?

If it is so, Wouldn't it be better to be doing 91 days throughout the year cos when you add the gains up, it sure beats 12.99% for 364 days tenor.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coretechng(m): 2:44pm On Jun 25, 2013
House please I dont get these things.If I put 1m at 11.5% for 91days for instance,I am getting 115,000naira in 90days time?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by coretechng(m): 3:04pm On Jun 25, 2013
ojdollars: @All .... When do we stop being Selfish in this Country? This guy Mr.Feelamong took his precious time to enlighten every users and guest to this Forum about the Nigeria Treasury Bill, and instead of everyone to Aks the Question in the Open and demand for an Open answer for others to learn from, they are all providing their email address, only me wants to get the secret of wealth amounts to nowhere. We need the spirit of Collaboration in West Africa to make Progress.You just spoke my mind.All these send to my email is cheer selfishness.Any of you "send to my email" can go ahead and throw any insult you like at me ,I dont give a damn.Its just cheer selfishness.

@feelamong (Mr.) Thank you for the great Job you are doing here. I have a question regarding this Treasury Bill, if I go to my Diamond Bank or First Bank Branch here in my State of residence. Would they be able to help me out on this? Is it all banking insitution that has an idea about this Treasury Bill and can educate one about it? What would be the interest if I deposit or buy the Treasury Bill with the Sum of the following:

1) 500,000 Thousand Naira
2) 1,000,000 Million Naira
3) 1,500,000 Million Naira
4) 2,000.000 Million Naira
5) 2,500,000 Million Naira
6) 3,000,000 Million Naira and above.

I break it into this form, cause this is the Big Question in the Mind of all readers or all those who are following this post, can't sign up to comment for one reason or the other, but are learning anf eager to have this Big Question in their minds answered. Please it would do so much good if you would take your time to enlighten us and educate us on how much those figure up there can generate for any Nigerian with such an amount of Money readily for investment within the stipulated period of time the Treasury Bills pays back interest. 3months, 6months and 1year. Thank you
You just spoke my mind.All these send to my email is cheer selfishness.Any of you "send to my email" can go ahead and throw any insult you like at me ,I dont give a damn.Its just cheer selfishness.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 12:55pm On Jun 27, 2013
Please find below, details of Wednesday T/Bills auction.

PRIMARY AUCTION RESULTS 26/06/2013

Tenor 91 Days 182 Days 364 Days

Stop rate (%) 11.624% 12.750% 13.219%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 27, 2013
feelamong: Please find below, details of Wednesday T/Bills auction.

i tot the biddin is 2weekly..there was bidding last week i wasnt expectin any this week...i don miss out again...pls when is the bid
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ojix85: 7:46am On Jun 28, 2013
feelamong: Please find below, details of Wednesday T/Bills auction.

Bro, I thought the auction was once every 2 weeks.. Could you pls explain?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:47am On Jun 28, 2013
Ojix85:

Bro, I thought the auction was once every 2 weeks.. Could you pls explain?

Yea its suppose to be every two weeks but once in a while the Oga at Top in CBN distorts this.. grin

But on a serious note if you care to look at the Tbill Time table that was realeased by CBN at the start of the year.. it showed that there is an unction on this date... just go the cbn web site..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Elai147: 5:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
feelamong:

Yea its suppose to be every two weeks but once in a while the Oga at Top in CBN distorts this.. grin

But on a serious note if you care to look at the Tbill Time table that was realeased by CBN at the start of the year.. it showed that there is an unction on this date... just go the cbn web site..

Oga feelamong, please where, in the CBN website, can I find the T-Bill time table? Can you give me a link to the page please.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pleep(m): 12:13am On Jun 29, 2013
With Nigeria's sky high inflation, the real interest rate is probably only like 4% sad
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2013
pleep: With Nigeria's sky high inflation, the real interest rate is probably only like 4% sad

Well it beats the inflation rate and your money is safe.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by rantexson(m): 10:35am On Jul 02, 2013
This is very interesting, I'm getting hooked
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2013
feelamong:

Sir, the time table on the website is only for the first quarter. Where did you get the time table for the year? I sure would like to have a copy. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (2269) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.