Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,703 members, 7,979,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 07:55 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4684375 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (2269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2013
Desanta:

Sir, the time table on the website is only for the first quarter. Where did you get the time table for the year? I sure would like to have a copy. Thanks.

ENJOY!

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2013
Pls house ll there be bidding dis wk..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:13am On Jul 03, 2013
laceonline02: Pls house ll there be bidding dis wk..

CHECK THE CBN TBILL PROGRAMME I ATTACHED ABOVE.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ayztech(f): 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
feelamong:

CHECK THE CBN TBILL PROGRAMME I ATTACHED ABOVE.

Oga Feelamong sorry o I can't seem to find the attachment; how do I see that please?

(I have this hanging notification ...You have 1 new Nairaland PM. Please check your e-mail account now...should that be it? How do I check that pls?)

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by X2X(m): 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
ayztech:

Oga Feelamong sorry o I can't seem to find the attachment; how do I see that please?

(I have this hanging notification ...You have 1 new Nairaland PM. Please check your e-mail account now...should that be it? How do I check that pls?)

Thanks

Just look at the very first post on this page (i.e. page 24). On the post (by feelamong), look at feelamong's signature. Below the signature you will see a link - I have just put the link here again: NTN Schedule By Feelamong in case you miss it.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ayztech(f): 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2013
[quote author=X-2-X]

Just look at the very first post on this page (i.e. page 24). On the post (by [b]feelamon...

thanks a lot X-2-X. got it now.
was signed on as a viewer and not seeing signatures, just posts.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pleep(m): 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2013
Desanta:

Well it beats the inflation rate and your money is safe.
How safe do you think it really is, especially the 10 year? This is a country that is predicted to split in 2015, the interest rate should be somewhere in the 30's.

Anyway, i have a question for yall: Can you feel the cost of living rising every year, or does that 14% actually feel like 14% profit when you get your money back on the maturity date?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 04, 2013
Result of yday biddin?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 7:30pm On Jul 05, 2013
pleep: How safe do you think it really is, especially the 10 year? This is a country that is predicted to split in 2015, the interest rate should be somewhere in the 30's.

Anyway, i have a question for yall: Can you feel the cost of living rising every year, or does that 14% actually feel like 14% profit when you get your money back on the maturity date?
If it is not safe, what is the alternative?
As for your question, I don"t understand it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lotannam: 7:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
Can someone in the know give us the closing rate of yesterday auction please.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pleep(m): 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2013
Desanta:
If it is not safe, what is the alternative?
As for your question, I don"t understand it.
I read that Nigeria is experiencing 12% inflation every year.

I am asking if you if you "feel" it. Basically do you actually see prices increasing drastically every year or is that 12% inflation rate just a number
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by spikesC(m): 11:51pm On Jul 05, 2013
pleep: I read that Nigeria is experiencing 12% inflation every year.

I am asking if you if you "feel" it. Basically do you actually see prices increasing drastically every year or is that 12% inflation rate just a number

Pls, where did you read this, i hope it is not in ogene newspaper grin

BTW, it's actually very hard to calculate the effects of inflation by one commodity
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pleep(m): 1:33am On Jul 06, 2013
Ogene?... i think it was Ogugugunkele INT .......maybe i have wrong information. undecided tongue

If you guys are really getting real 14% returns off mere treasury bills that is prolly the best investment ever. After college im relocating to Nigeria...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pleep(m): 1:36am On Jul 06, 2013
Were do you buy them from, and how many do they let you get at a time?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by azpekuliar: 6:51am On Jul 06, 2013
kingphemy:

Am a newbie and have read through the previous posts.

But the rate above, is it flat? I mean for the 91 days tenor, the rate is 11.50% not that of the 364 days tenor divided by 4?

If it is so, Wouldn't it be better to be doing 91 days throughout the year cos when you add the gains up, it sure beats 12.99% for 364 days tenor.

Why wasn't this young man's question answered?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 7:02am On Jul 06, 2013
azpekuliar:

Why wasn't this young man's question answered?

I agree with him that it is better to do 91 days, as long as the rate does not drop and you have the time to bid every 3 months.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dagr8(m): 3:39pm On Jul 06, 2013
Desanta:

I agree with him that it is better to do 91 days, as long as the rate does not drop and you have the time to bid every 3 months.
[size=13pt] But u nevr can tell if d rate would drop or not...dats d challenge i think [/size]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pleep(m): 3:42pm On Jul 06, 2013
Desanta:

Were do you buy the bills from, are they easy to get?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cecegorz(m): 8:06pm On Jul 06, 2013
coretechng: House please I dont get these things.If I put 1m at 11.5% for 91days for instance,I am getting 115,000naira in 90days time?
Lol. Dude, we 4don all become billionaires if na like that Nah.
The rate is per annum. Your 90days tenure represents a quart of the year. So your interest should be a quart of 115, around 26k for that duration.
I ghotago now?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by biola3005: 8:36am On Jul 07, 2013
Please i will like to know more about it can someone please send me email with clear explanation to biola3005ng@yahoo.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Desanta(m): 11:14am On Jul 07, 2013
pleep: Were do you buy the bills from, are they easy to get?

Go to your bank and tell them you want to buy T-bills. It is that easy.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by collinsobinna(m): 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
In a thankful statement to Feelamong and other contributors..i admit to having made a lot of profit from investing in NTBills.its quite good and when u factor in compound interest, a person investing in it can amass a huge fortune within ten years(if u start at a young age,could probably retire and live well off it.just learnt that my treasury bill certificate can be used to acquire a loan if I so desire and that its highly liquid.meaning the loan can be approved faster than the case of someone with a building seeking same loan.

But I have a question:can I trade my Tbills investment to another person directly? If not can I do it through a bank?
And does it mean i will forfeit my interest from my principal?

Once more.thanks to all contributors.@ayztech:I m impressed.[/color][color=#000099]

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ganilat4: 1:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
nice post bro
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ganilat4: 1:56pm On Jul 07, 2013
pls,my people who knows the next auction date and the rate.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by collinsobinna(m): 8:31pm On Jul 07, 2013
@ganilat: there is a calendar from mr Feelamong for the auction dates.read earlier posts to understand more.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Seun(m): 9:51pm On Jul 07, 2013
According to feelamong's timetable, the next auction takes place this week, but you can only buy 91 day and 182 day tbills (no 364 day tbills)
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by princeuk21(m): 9:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
Seun: According to feelamong's timetable, the next auction takes place this week, but you can only buy 91 day and 182 day tbills (no 364 day tbills)
plz how much is the minimum amount to buy the 91 & 182 days bill? thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ganilat4: 10:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
@collinsobinna, Thanks i got the info. i needed
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sanerugwei: 11:54am On Jul 09, 2013
Next auction date is actually tomorrow and not Friday. As CBN does the auctions on Wednesdays biweekly. Most banks will want you to send your bids at least a day before the bid date, in this case , today.
Check the CBN site below for more details.
http://www.cenbank.org/rates/govtsecurities.asp
Add two weeks to the last bid date.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nineville(m): 10:33am On Jul 10, 2013
Kindly furnish us with the stop rates for the next auction, 91, 182 & 364 days respectively. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ganilat4: 11:37am On Jul 10, 2013
how can we get the stop-loss. from which website do we get it.kindly do us a favour.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (2269) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: freeman67, maziemeka2024 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.