Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,433 members, 7,926,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 12:12 PM

Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? (18404 Views)

Swear If You Never Did This: Why Then Beating Ur Kid For It? / What Would You Do If Your House-Girl Did This To Your Child? (Photo) / Did This Happen In Your Family While Growing Up? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by coogar: 7:25pm On Feb 26, 2012
Sheenyids:

Guys and ladies, really need sound advice please, Just opened this account for obvious reasons but I ve been an avid follower of the inputs SOME of you make to people in distress and I think it's useful. The situation is this,

I am a single lady, late twenties , had a intimate encounter 2 weeks ago with someone and used protection but now I ve started getting a skin rash which I only get when I am pregnant, how is it possible after using a condom which didn't burst, I am baffled. Similar thing happened years back as a student and let me just say I was practically disowned by my parents for 'bringing disgrace and shame to family' , lost that pregnancy, now I am working but not in a relationship

The koko is that I am not in a relationship now so goes back to me becoming a single mum which will complete the disowning process for me (my family are the type you havent seen, my age is just a number to them) or I find someone to accept me and baby and get married for sake of it, although am not in a relationship, someone has been pestering me to be in one with him and I don't really like him but seems beggars can't choose

(I will ignore insulting comments)

get rid of the pregnancy and move on with your life!
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 26, 2012
coogar:

get rid of the pregnancy and move on with your life!

I wonder. Why should a complete nobody remain a part of your life forever through a child he could care less about?
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by coogar: 7:38pm On Feb 26, 2012
davidylan:

I wonder. Why should a complete nobody remain a part of your life forever through a child he could care less about?

but then how did this particular protected sex get to this?
i actually feel the poster is being economical with the truth.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by moremi2008(m): 9:17pm On Feb 26, 2012
Odunnu:

There are yet many more who had 'out of this world parents' also ended up as touts and never-do-well

Most children with great parents and a stable home turn out pretty well. Again, you're conflating a tail-end outcome with the average or expected outcome. My fellow Nigerians, please pay attention in your basic statistics classes!
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by tpia5: 9:28pm On Feb 26, 2012
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Odunnu: 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2012
moremi2008:

Most children with great parents and a stable home turn out pretty well. Again, you're conflating a tail-end outcome with the average or expected outcome. My fellow Nigerians, please pay attention in your basic statistics classes!
I'll love to have you teach me statistics, basic statistics but not on this thread. Lets start a class in the education section.
The point we are trying to establish is that a mother doesnt have to abort her baby because 'echidime'.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by coogar: 9:39pm On Feb 26, 2012
Odunnu:

I'll love to have you teach me statistics, basic statistics but not on this thread. Lets start a class in the education section.
The point we are trying to establish is that a mother doesnt have to abort her baby because 'echidime'.

a child she's not prepared for? why bring him to the world?
there's idealism, there's common sense.

this child might grow up to be a serial r@pist harassing my precious daughters in the next 20 yrs.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by moremi2008(m): 9:48pm On Feb 26, 2012
Odunnu:

Stop it! The only reason why stats came up in the first place is because you were making a specious claim. An unwanted child is a burden on all of us. Please let her take care of it before the foetus gets too big. Her life will be practically over if she has this child out of wedlock.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 26, 2012
moremi2008:

An unwanted child is a burden on all of us.

How do you know the child is unwanted? The pregnancy was unplanned but the OP has actually not said the child is unwanted.

moremi2008:

Her life will be practically over if she has this child out of wedlock.

You don’t know this! It’s not like she is a poor secondary school student who will have to drop out of school because of this.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by moremi2008(m): 10:55pm On Feb 26, 2012
ileobatojo:

How do you know the child is unwanted? The pregnancy was unplanned but the OP has actually not said the child is unwanted.

You don’t know this! It’s not like she is a poor secondary school student who will have to drop out of school because of this.

If the child is wanted, then why is she here? Shouldn't she be at church sharing a testimony? I am assuming her life will be practically over because her parents will disown her; the guy is unlikely to accept the pregnancy because as far as he is concerned, he used a condom; and if she has found it hard to find a husband to date, she will find it even harder to find a husband with a fatherless child.

Ultimately, she can do whatever she likes. She asked for advice and we are giving it. grin
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by tpia5: 11:04pm On Feb 26, 2012
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Feb 26, 2012
moremi2008:

If the child is wanted, then why is she here? Shouldn't she be at church sharing a testimony? I am assuming her life will be practically over because her parents will disown her; the guy is unlikely to accept the pregnancy because as far as he is concerned, he used a condom; and if she has found it hard to find a husband to date, she will find it even harder to find a husband with a fatherless child.

Ultimately, she can do whatever she likes. She asked for advice and we are giving it. grin

lol dont mind them.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by coogar: 11:06pm On Feb 26, 2012
tpia@:

obviously the condom had a hole in it.

either the op or the s.perm donor put it there.

no mention of a third party yet, so cant consider that side.

sometimes pre-intimacy can also lead to pregnancy.

stop this yeye fallacy. for[i]e[/i]play can never lead to pregnancy.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by tpia5: 11:06pm On Feb 26, 2012
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by tpia5: 11:08pm On Feb 26, 2012
coogar:

stop this yeye fallacy. for[i]e[/i]play can never lead to pregnancy.

f.oreplay can indeed lead to pregnancy.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by coogar: 11:11pm On Feb 26, 2012
tpia@:

f.oreplay can indeed lead to pregnancy.

prove it. . . .
how can f[i]o[/i]replay lead to pregnancy? haba. . . .pre-ejaculati[i]o[/i]n has no sp[i]e[/i]rm cells in them.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by moremi2008(m): 11:12pm On Feb 26, 2012
coogar:

prove it. . . .
how can f[i]o[/i]replay lead to pregnancy. . . .pre-ejaculati[i]o[/i]n has no sp[i]e[/i]rm cells in them.

Actually, that is NOT true. Pre-c[i]u[/i]m has some sp[i]e[/i]rm cells.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by tpia5: 11:14pm On Feb 26, 2012
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by coogar: 11:15pm On Feb 26, 2012
moremi2008:

Actually, that is NOT true. Pre-c[i]u[/i]m has some sp[i]e[/i]rm cells.

it does not. . . .scientifically proven.
unless the guy had discharged previously and the precu[i]m[/i] picks it up along the way.
precu[i]m[/i] is just for lubrication  - it shouldn't have any sp[i]e[/i]rm cells in em.

tpia@:

it sometimes does, so you could be a baby daddy perhaps.

let's just go straight to the point here.

baby daddy ke. . . .i don't spray my seeds anyhow, tpia@
and even when it has to be unprotected, the babe must have active implant in her body.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by moremi2008(m): 11:20pm On Feb 26, 2012
coogar:

it does not. . . .scientifically proven.
unless the guy had discharged previously and the precu[i]m[/i] picks it up along the way.
precu[i]m[/i] is just for lubrication  - it shouldn't have any sp[i]e[/i]rm cells in em.

baby daddy ke. . . .i don't spray my seeds anyhow, tpia@
and even when it has to be unprotected, the babe must have active implant in her body.

The evidence is not conclusive. I also have access to Google, nah! grin
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by coogar: 11:24pm On Feb 26, 2012
moremi2008:

The evidence is not conclusive. I also have access to Google, nah! grin

very conclusive. . . .
simply put. . . . .a man who has not discharged any sp[i]e[/i]rm cells in months cannot impregnate any woman with his precu[i]m[/i].
the secretion comes from the cowper's gland so it has no involvement with s[i]e[/i]men at all.
however, the danger lies if the man had discharged shortly before and the precum picks up sp[i]e[/i]rm cells in the urethra.
that's the fact!
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by tpia5: 11:26pm On Feb 26, 2012
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by coogar: 11:29pm On Feb 26, 2012
tpia@:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/birth-control/AN00197

it may contain sp[i]e[/i]rm. it might does not mean it will.
a disciplined man who knows the last time he discharged would know when to use the withdrawal method or not.

tpia@ may win miss world! grin
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by moremi2008(m): 11:32pm On Feb 26, 2012
coogar:

it may contain sp[i]e[/i]rm. it might does not mean it will.
a disciplined man who knows the last time he discharged would know when to use the withdrawal method or not.

tpia@ may win miss world! grin

So in coogar-land, "may" = "definitely does not"?!!! Olodo!
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by tpia5: 11:32pm On Feb 26, 2012
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 26, 2012
moremi2008:

If the child is wanted, then why is she here? Shouldn't she be at church sharing a testimony?  I am assuming her life will be practically over because her parents will disown her; the guy is unlikely to accept the pregnancy because as far as he is concerned, he used a condom; and if she has found it hard to find a husband to date, she will find it even harder to find a husband with a fatherless child.

grin grin testimony indeed! Will your own church accept that kain testimony?

I’m not saying I know she definitely wants the pregnancy but that she really hasn’t told us one way or another. Her original post to me though has a hint of her deciding to maintain the pregnancy. She’s just wondering about the hardships she will face due to this decision.

But these your reasons don’t mean her life is over now. Ahn ahn, don’t exaggerate! She won’t be the first single mother ke.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by coogar: 11:44pm On Feb 26, 2012
moremi2008:

So in coogar-land, "may" = "definitely does not"?!!! Olodo!

you may die tomorrow. grin

tpia@:

keep impregnating girls all over the place.

lol.

i can't be more careful with the kind of women i sleep with!
the key is being with a girl with her head tightly screwed on her shoulders - only irresponsible babes with no future ambition get pregnant anyhow.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by moremi2008(m): 11:49pm On Feb 26, 2012
ileobatojo:

grin grin testimony indeed! Will your own church accept that kain testimony?

I’m not saying I know she definitely wants the pregnancy but that she really hasn’t told us one way or another. Her original post to me though has a hint of her deciding to maintain the pregnancy. She’s just wondering about the hardships she will face due to this decision.

But these your reasons don’t mean her life is over now. Ahn ahn, don’t exaggerate! She won’t be the first single mother ke.

There are different types of single mothers: single divorced/separated mothers and there are single never-married mothers. The latter have a rough time finding a spouse. Will you allow your brother to marry a woman with a child by some unknown man? That woman had better be Dangote's first daughter!!!!  grin

coogar:

you may die tomorrow. grin

That's impossible! I went to church this morning and my pastor prayed for me!  grin
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by coogar: 11:53pm On Feb 26, 2012
moremi2008:

That's impossible! I went to church this morning and my pastor prayed for me!  grin

exactly ma point!
i also went to church to pray against any obstacle that might hamper my tested and trusted withdrawal method.
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by denzel2009: 11:59pm On Feb 26, 2012
I know the OP. lipsrsealed
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by moremi2008(m): 12:20am On Feb 27, 2012
denzel2009:

I know the OP. lipsrsealed

The plot thickens.

Uncle Denzel, are you the father?
Re: Pregnancy: How Did This Happen Again? by rosefleurs: 12:34am On Feb 27, 2012
Davidylan the self-righteous dude is supporting foetus-killing.  Jesus wept. cry  Is abortion even legal in Naija now? 

OP, well done. You hear? undecided lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Beg You's To Join Me in Praising and thanking God / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man / Are Nigerian Men Taking-Up More Domestic Responsibilities In The Home?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.