Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,955 members, 7,873,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:23 AM

6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. (14327 Views)

Pregnant Again! Advice Please. / 15 And Pregnant / My Baby Boy Is Six Months Old And I Am Pregnant Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by eghost247(m): 1:08pm On Feb 29, 2012
isnt it abit too early
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by Tinax(f): 1:12pm On Feb 29, 2012
that's sily, you'r not being fair to your six month old baby, no proper care and breast feeding for the baby,nw you'll end up giving your total attntn to the nw baby. It's totaly not fair!
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 29, 2012
too early embarassed
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by biolabee(m): 1:16pm On Feb 29, 2012
@virtuos woman lolz

dear OP. God is your strength, u have not told us ur own wish, is that ur desire
If its not and u wanted more space like 2-3 years ,

Go and check up with the doctor,
If its there, ur choice though u and ur man have to sit and do some planning (money, time, career etc)

If u are not pregnant then go and sin no more
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by anishe(m): 1:21pm On Feb 29, 2012
This is what is called fire for fire to the last drop. your husband has fired the thing to the last drop of his sper.m. Congrats all the way my sister.
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by yogun(f): 1:25pm On Feb 29, 2012
I have a friend who is due to have another baby right now while the 1st is just 11mths.

I dont support this, i believe a woman shld rest well after the first baby

But all the same, i wish them the best
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by blank(f): 1:47pm On Feb 29, 2012
It is good to have them together then you can leave childbearing and focus on child rearing and your career.
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by presfedrep: 1:53pm On Feb 29, 2012
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by thorpido(m): 1:56pm On Feb 29, 2012
Please married people,always seek knowledge.Pregnancy shortly after a baby does not do your health and the baby's health good.Pls seek family planning advice before the end of 1 mth after having your baby.
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by norrisman: 2:28pm On Feb 29, 2012
moremi2008:

It used to be quite common in those days. Most of the people I know that were born before the 90s had only about 10-16 months spacing. These days, you want 2-3yrs in between children to maintain your sanity, especially outside Naija.

I dont know the kind of people you know o, maybe Ajegunle people or hoodrats but my parents were well enlightened back in the 70s/80s. 5 children and all are 3 years apart: '71 girl, '74 girl, '77 boy, '80 girl, '83 boy.
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by norrisman: 2:31pm On Feb 29, 2012
Whilst having children is God's blessing, having them 9-12 months apart is just straight up ignorant and illiterate-like behaviour!
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 29, 2012
congrats and I wish you and the baby well.

However, stop deceiving yourself by saying God had a plan in this case. Your husband's joystick sure had a plan.

Cheers.
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by gempo(m): 4:00pm On Feb 29, 2012
Please pray and do everything humanly possible so that it won't affect your health. You and your husband should have been more careful.
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by andyanders: 4:29pm On Feb 29, 2012
But try space your kids because of the medical implication. Dont do that again.
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by bassette(m): 5:28pm On Feb 29, 2012
sounds scary jeez, if am d man i would sure not touch the wifey 4 a long while or better still use birth control, haba u sud heal first now ehn.having goose bumps shocked
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by OAM4J: 6:45pm On Feb 29, 2012
Interesting!
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by joe4christ(m): 6:52pm On Feb 29, 2012
[size=15pt]Oh i pity all of una (9ja) all the founding fathers who faught for the liberation of this country & even die as a result of their struggle for independence of this nation must realy be weeping and gnashing their teeth in their grave over this entity called a nation [/size]
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by dasparrow: 8:10pm On Feb 29, 2012
norrisman:

I dont know the kind of people you know o, maybe Ajegunle people or hoodrats but my parents were well enlightened back in the 70s/80s. 5 children and all are 3 years apart: '71 girl, '74 girl, '77 boy, '80 girl, '83 boy.

Thank you! My parents spaced theirs 3 or more years apart as well also in the 70s and early 80s as well. We the kids were spaced 3, 4, 5 years apart in that order. If our parents generation could space out children nicely then how come our generation with all the 'book' we read and all the blackberry and access to the internet we've got, we have women like the poster breeding children like a rabbit?

@Poster

Kindly educate yourself about contraceptives since you and your husband cannot abstain from s/e/x for a while until your body heals. I see a lot of Nigerian women like you who just birth babies like it is supposed to be some kind of a joke or competition. We are talking human life here. I remember once, a lady in my former church had a set of twin girls (age 1) in addition to 2 older girls (ages 3 and 4). The family arrived in church and she carried one of the twin girls (a toddler) into the church and forgot the other twin toddler outside the church building in the parking lot. It was when the little baby girl started screaming that her mother remembered that she had forgotten her outside. Luckily, this happened in the States. If it was in Nigeria, someone could possibly steal the child and use it for rituals. I just shook my head and told myself, this is what happens when we Africans breed like animals. We can't even take proper care of what we have reproduced. Sigh!
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by kandiikane(m): 8:35pm On Feb 29, 2012
Ahaha, well done! It's good your husband's little ones know how to wiggle their way up to their goal. Erm, One of my family member became pregnant after three months of giving birth I believe. Hard work, but she manage fine because she had family members around. If it was not planned try family planning next time.

@dasparrow, well maybe she wanted a child after 6months? Wetin?!?
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by blank(f): 9:18pm On Feb 29, 2012
@ Dasparrow, u be proper mumu. Wetin, na you dey born d pikin? Did she beg u 4 money to feed them? Why all the bile? This will make it the 2nd child she will have and u are talking of multiples as if u dey her future. Bad belle people, go and face ur own family. If u like give 10yrs gap, na u sabi. The poster will have a second child and can then focus on rearing them and her career while u will be there counting days till u can allow ur sperm to find their mark (if they are able). Na ur type go dey retire but will still have 1 child in primary school. Olofofo.
Are u even married sef? Next time think b4 u open that gutter u call a mouth. Ode oshi.

1 Like

Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by asagal(f): 10:41pm On Feb 29, 2012
pls space ur chidren adequatey. whr r u rushn 2? haba.do gt a maid 2 hlp u out n b mor kiafu nxt tym. wsh u happiness.
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by annawhite(f): 11:14pm On Feb 29, 2012
chei! What must i do to be saved?
Cant afford to get pregnant o !. . . . . Yet to recover from giving birth to two big headed boys three month ago. . .cant even wear heels sef

father deliver me from every poking amen!
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by annawhite(f): 11:37pm On Feb 29, 2012
@kandikane
babe where on earth did u come out from?u okay?

Norrisman and dasparrow
what are u guys talking bout?
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by loveheaven(f): 12:40am On Mar 01, 2012
Congratulations! Please get a maid even two if possible; you need all the help you can get. So that your older child is not neglected one bit. Family planning that would last at most 3years to enable you regain all that you have lost. It won’t be easy but you will pull through.
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by tpia5: 12:42am On Mar 01, 2012

most parents in that era spaced their kids roughly two years apart.

that's why you'd have so many people who are in the same age group, their siblings in the same age group, and so on ad infinitum.

used to be quite common in nigeria, with occasional exceptions to that rule.

it made for good social cohesion really, because you had so many kids growing up together and everybody knew and interacted with everyone else's family at some level.
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by tEsLim(m): 1:20am On Mar 01, 2012
My two sons are 13months apart. Yup plus sometimes the misleading advice that thorough breast-feeding is a form of contraception for nursing mothers. Works for some people and dont work for some. Well since then proper contraception the injection every 3months thing
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by Nobody: 1:46am On Mar 01, 2012
Could we pls stop comparing what was obtainable in the 70s, 80s with now? Really, those were good old days when girls/women married right on time in ties teens and early twenties, and could exponentially space their kids as much as they would, wink How much child spacing would you expect a lady who had her first child at the age of 30/34  observe? Some people are making it sound as if OP has committed a crime for being pregnant after 6months. This shouldn't be so, it's a matter of how she and her husband want it. And, her health.

My best friend got pregnant same time -after six month and she's pretty fine with her kids. Age factor hugely contributes to why some women wouldn't want a wider child spacing.

Best wishes, OP o jare. cheesy
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by tpia5: 1:57am On Mar 01, 2012
^you sound like you have some issues, but that shouldnt prevent you from dropping your post without attacking others.

dont know who you saw in the 70s and 80s marrying in their teens [that was the 60s], but maybe you did i suppose. undecided

here's a clue: more women were getting educated from the late 60s on. Hence they would spend more years in school before getting married.
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by Jybz: 6:47am On Mar 01, 2012
difrnt bodies, difrnt ppl, i tink u didnt do baby frndly, if u did, u may NOT have started seeing ur period frequently,
Well its nt a Bad thng asper u body can carry it,
My baby is 6months old, and i enjoy, "Going der" almst evryoda day, cuz she hasnt started seeing her period,
Gudluck!
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by mutter(f): 8:26am On Mar 01, 2012
Some comments here are really totally out of place and rude. Why crack such jokes? This is about a child that is about to be born, no need throwing mud all over the place. Six months is somewhat early but not tragic. It does happen.
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by blank(f): 8:42am On Mar 01, 2012
Abeg, all these uneducated folks should shut up already. Who said baby friendly totally stops your period/ovulation? I did baby friendly for 10months but my period returned after 1 month. Ask the people that wear the shoes where it pinches and do not assume for them. angry
Re: 6 Month Old Baby And Pregnant Again. by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 01, 2012
My immediate younger brother and I are 10 months apart. If I born in a January, we would hav been born in the same year

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inspirational Interview Of A Single Mother With Three Special Needs Children / Change Of Name / ‘My Husband Calls Me Barren”, Woman Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.